Emof Retrial - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Emof Retrial - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Emof Retrial

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emof Retrial - Page 4 Empty Re: Emof Retrial

Post by Vincent Majere Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:48 am

THANK YOU
----------------------------------------

Vincent laughed harshly when Khaat asked them to leave their biases at the door, as if the order were not biased. He turned and looked at Jess as he entered. Vincent rolled his eyes. The head of the order, in the ministry, what would Diggory say? Still he listened to the accusations against Emof with rapt attention, knowing Khaat would, purposefully or not, let something slip.

"I'd like to intervene there Madame Lupin," Vincent said politely, smiling softly as he looked down at Ne'os Emof. "You said we would not be dealing with the deaths of two students did you not? Now, I am sure that to you this seems like a small matter but to me it isn't. It is important that he is convicted of these crimes, because though the court charged him a year for these crimes, brought down to 6 months because of his age. He hasn't served it all yet, as he only stayed in Azkaban for a month before his miraculous escape."

"On the subject of that escape. Not only did he escape but he reportedly used fiendfyre, which is dark magic in case you all are wondering, to prevent the guards from catching him. This resulted in 5 deaths. He also used an unforgivable curse to kill another two guards, as they have no visible injuries on them," Vincent said, having visited the prison after the attacks. "These both show the murderous nature of this boy."

"I also noticed Lupin that you forgot to mention the little raid on my castle," he said, glaring at her to add the silent part - which you helped in. "Emof broke into the castle with Shacklebolt and once Kingsley left, he started shooting spells at the students who were having dinner at this point. I have five members of my squad who can give you evidence of that if needed. He injured two students and it would have been far worse if not for the efforts of my Imperium Squad."

"Obviously you forgot a lot of his crimes Khaat," Vincent said sarcastically. "But I did not. So lets see what the accused has to say about this."
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:29 pm

"sadly t he sacrifice of the guards of azkaban was necessary they would not be talked into reasoning." he said "and the raid was necessary as well you were not properly maintaining the school Shacklebolt convinced us to go with him to take his position back. My part was to cause a diversion i had to make it appear as if i were a threat to the school and no students were seriously hurt for i only sent stunners into the crowd" he said and then taking a breath "and finely to the students killed during the battle of hogwarts one was a death eater at the time i did not know her intentions were to leave. the other was a death eater as well trying to blow my cover with the order. the finel two were unfortunate enough to attack me while i was into the blood frenzie set up by the death eaters.....i feel remorse for all of these deaths" he said looking down truthfully showing he did not enjoy that he killed the students.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Severus Potter Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 pm

[Ne'os, the other Wizengamot members haven't replied yet Wink. But OK, Ill stop now.]
Albus Severus Potter
Albus Severus Potter

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 am

OOC: my apologies for my procedural error, all. if i make another misstep, please just make an OOC note here, and I'll fix it.

"Thank you, Mr. Majere," Khaat said, intervening purposely before the other members could respond. "And I appreciate your concern. However, I have not forgotten the events you have mentioned. I am simply preferring to take those things on a little later on the list. I do appreciate the reminder, though."

"And, Mr. Emof, please restrain your responses, at least at this point, to merely answering those questions posed to you by members of the Wizengamot alone. Please do not respond to questions asked to you by anyone else because, technically, they are merely observers at this point. They may ask a good many questions, but please ignore them and only respond to the ones that the court itself asks you. Members of the gallery may make requests regarding lines of questioning, but it is up to the Wizengamot itself to ask the questions. As I said at the beginning, I am going to be running a much tighter ship with these hearings, and I hope it benefits everyone concerned in the end.

"Now, each member of the Wizengamot needs next to enter any concerns about any additional charges that should be taken under consideration during these proceedings."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:23 am

[[If we wait for everyone this will be never-ending topic.]]
Gabrielle looked as everyone had access to the courtroom.It was supposed to be a closed trial,but she decided not to do anything on the trial besides ask questions and count votes since other was basiclly Khaat's job not hers. She looked at Majere who was apperently intervening more then he was supposed to. "Just before we procssed to the next question Khaat i think we need to clear up something here.Aurors had been called here only for voting,but however pressing more or less charges is under the jurisdiction of the Wizengamot so i would appriciate if you would just listen." she said giving a significant look to Majere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:45 am

OOC: It might be time consuming, but we do need to follow proper courtroom procedure as much as we know how. it is what is fair to the other players, particularly the members of the wizengamot. they need to have the opportunity to participate.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:17 am

[forget Jemma, she wont be online for a while. Aaand if they dont post by tommorow, you can continue.]
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:21 am

OOC: ok. thanks. will do.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:29 pm

It was a bizarre sound. The sound of stilettos hitting the marble floor of the Ministry of Magic's Law Enforcement level was something that Narcissa hated. But as the hustle and bustle of witches and wizards past her, each hitting the marble in exactly the same way, she realised that it seemed to be the only way to gain respect from co-workers. But, going outside and purposely buying Muggle shoes was something that made Naricssa's blood go fairly cold. She liked her robes and the nice, patterned sandals or heeled shoes that she would wear under them. Bloody clippy-clop heels with no use other than for completely murdering ones feet were useless in Narcissa's opinion.

But this fashion issue was not at the top of things that she needed to tackle. Right now there was a trial going on that she wasn't involved in. Majere was there which meant that there would be some serious bias against Emof but also there was Khaat who would hopefully do everything in her power to defend the young vampire. Narcissa walked along the halls and finally ended up outside the courtroom. She turned the brass handle and opened it slightly, slipping inside and hopefully going unnoticed. She walked into the main expanse of the room and quietly took her seat. Narcissa didn't like to get involved with trials normally because she felt it better to remain neutral during it all. But, if she knew something was amiss then the witch would not hesitate to add in her opinion. For now, though, she would wait until the trial fully began before trying to help Emof out. He didn’t deserve Azkaban again but it was apparently a democracy so no one could be truly sure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Jess thought for a moment while deciding what he was going to do.
On one hand, Ne'os was his friend, someone who'd stood with him for years, but had been his enemy on countless occasions too.
On the other hand, Ne'os had done a great deal of wrongs, killing people was something he wouldn't agree with, not even if it was in the order, particularly if you were the antagonising party, which Ne'os clearly was, and the raid on Hogwarts was foolhardy, reckless and stupid, as Majere had been doing his job properly until things fell apart as an aftermath of Ne'os' actions.
On the other ha... wait no, out of hands... On one foot, there was the consideration that Azkaban was a horrid place, one that he'd rather his friends didn't go on
But, once again, on the other foot Ne'os had killed a great deal of people, had attacked a school, and had escaped from Prison, so maybe it would be safer for the greater community it he was apprehended.
Oh decisions decisions decisions. It really came down to a matter of right or wrong, friendship or law, and loyalty to one's friends, or loyalty to one's country.

Oh this was a toughy

"Mr Emof," Jess said, deciding to make it up as he went along. "Since the last time you were here, you have broken a great many ammount of laws have you not?" He asked rhetorically. "In addition to your previous charges, we now need to add several new counts of murder, Tresspassing, causing havok, willful wrongdoing, and neglecting to treat your condition properly, which endangers everyone around you." He said. "As you mentioned, the guards of azkaban refused to let you leave, and so you killed them. But the court must remember, those guards were doing their job, and trying to prevent a known criminal from escaping into the outside world, before they were killed. Yes, they could have stood to one side and let him go, but that would be both unethical, and it would probably result in their being put into the other side of the bars, so their actions are justified. Emof, however escaped from prison, for reasons known probably only to himself." He said, deciding that he would take the law approach, and if worse came to worse, he would bust Ne'os out himself.

He then changed topics to the matter of the Hogwarts raid. "You also state that the raid was necessary, because Mr Majere here was not doing his job properly, but how was you attacking the castle going to make that any easier. What you did accomplished nothing, before you'd started your 'diversion' the two attackers were already in the headmaster's office, making your job unneeded. You also stated that Mr Majere was not doing his job properly, however, was he not teaching his class to perfect standards? Was he not enforcing rules that Mr Shackelbolt let bend? Was he not trying to defend the students?" he asked, rhetorically yet again. "Yes, he was. I can tell you, that though Mr Majere and myself had our disagreements, he did his job well, just not in a way i would have done it." he said, looking over at Majere. "And, as you said in your defence, one of the students you killed was a Death Eater. a question i would have for you, is did you know she was a Death Eater at the time? Nevertheless, she was a student, and at the time i doubt she was doing any harm to anyone other than trying to defend the school against you, which yet again points at you being the 'bad guy' in this case." He said seriously. "And finally, you say that the other student you killed was also a Death Eater, but something i have to say about that is; these students were children, they were probably forced into service by parents, or were going through a faze of some sort. Your job as a member of this community is to protect people in that sort of situation. To guide them to a better place. Killing a student is something i don't think could ever be justified, considering your job was to send stunners into the croud, and nothing else." he said sadly, not liking the next bit.

"In summary, in the case of Mr Emof, i would propose that a life sentence in the Prison Azkaban be sentenced, if not a dual term, as those children, and those Aurors will never get their lives back, so why should he?" he asked solemnly, leaving that final note to (Metaphorically) echo around the room
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top