Marriage is Murder - Page 92
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 92 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 92 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 92 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Gelding looked at the werewolf and turned back to Robert. "What is it you want?"

"What do you think I want?" Robert let go of him with a powerful shove backwards. Gelding stumbled backwards and fell into the chair across the desk from Robert's. "I want the same thing I've always wanted! You leave my family alone! You...."

"I need time," Gelding stammered.

"You're all out of time!" Robert bellowed.

"The orders have already been given...the contract has already been paid...." Gelding stuttered.

He looked at Michael and Jack and Steven. Gelding was admitting he had hired someone to try to kill one of Robert's family. That meant Khaat, Brian, Kate, one of the kids....His mind threatened to run away with him, but instead he did what he always did. He focused in.

"Who is the contract on?" Robert demanded.

"They'll kill me if I tell you!"

"And I'll kill Isabelle if you don't," Robert persisted.

"They've been paid to kill your whole family--including you," Gelding said.

"And who are they?" Robert said.

"I...dont know." Gelding said. "I honestly dont. I communicate by owl. I don't know who they are." He looked up at Robert. "But they are coming for you. And I can't take it back."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:04 am

Jack looked at Steven as Gelding spoke of the whole family both inside wanting to leave and go to Khaat and the others, their family they both knew Robert would not let anything happen. Jack knew most of all that Jess would not let anything or any one get to them but he could not help glance at Robert as Gelding sat back in his chair. Both me wondering how long he would let this game go on for. Steven stood quiet motioning to two men to leave as they walked past he spoke softly asking them to send extra men to Kate, Brian and Khaat not mentioning where they were knowing they would know or should have worked it out.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 am

"Where are the owls you got?" Robert said.

"I burned them," he said softly. Robert sighed heavily.

"When will I get Isabelle?" Gelding asked.

"When you find a way to call this off, and not one moment before," Robert said.

"But its Christmas!" Gelding protested.

"Yes, and its Christmas for my children and grandchildren too. And every single one of the children you've sold. If you like, I'll sell Isabelle a little sooner so that she might at least have a permanent roof over her head by then."

"Her home is with me!" Gelding was angry.

"As my children and grandchildren should be able to depend on me. I think, then, that we are at an impass until you find a way to call this off."

"Send Isabelle home and then...."

"Shut it," Robert said. "You will be more properly motivated with a bit of an incentive. Get him out of here, Gentlemen. This meeting is over."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:24 am

Jack growled and two men moved forward dragging him from the chair out of the double doors Steven closed then and looked at Robert "Do you think he will?" he asked " I sent word back to Brian and the others " he told Robert hoping it was the right thing to do. Jack calmed down changing back and breathing out a deep sigh as he moved to face Robert.

" You really don't think anything will happen do you?" he asked " is he that dumb?" Jack shook his head and folded his arms across his chest as he waited. Steven moved to stand with Robert also waiting for Roberts next word.

" we should get back to Brian and the others " Steven said hoping his orders had got threw and the guards would have been doubled at the main grounds.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 am

"Go home," He ordered the quietly. "Evaccuate the house immediately. Take the entire organization with you. Take every person, all the animals, take everything living. Get it out of there. Close the houses up. Go to Brian's Colorado complex. Don't waste time. The shields are too powerful there for them to penetrate. Brian has been notified. He will do what he thinks is right. I'll send him an update, but I won't make his choice for him. he's made progress with her that is beyond anything that makes any sort of logic. I won't take that from either of them. If it gets too difficult, he'll either call or he'll bring her and come.

"I need to find out what this is. When I know, I'll either come or bring you word. I will go faster alone. Nothing is more important than the ones we love. That's the only thing that matters. Go now. Go quickly. Don't worry about packing. Make a list and let the organization pack for you. Just get them the hell out. Michael, you go to Venice. You know Venice well. Stay close to them. Let Brian knwo you're there but don't intrude unless he asks."

"Understood," Michael said. "If you need us, send for us. Don't do anything stupid."

"I rarely operate in stupidity," Robert said seriously. Michael nodded and ported out quickly. He turned to the others. "Go as if your life depends on it--because your wives' and children's lives very well might. Good luck."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Jack and Steven ported back to the main house but heading right for the main room where they knew the others would be waiting Jack found Jess and the children and stood with her Steven found Cassidy with Jess and breathed out now they were all together " Robert has asked we gather every one and head to Colorado right now, he will be along as soon as he can get Brian and Khaat back home" Steven said moving out and down to the barn as he ordered several men to send the animals to the Colorado ranch. " Gelding was none too happy and he told us that he'd put out a hit on the lupin family and anyone associated with it" Jack told Kate and Angus hoping he was filling them in on what was going on as Jess and Cassidy gathered the children and packed all their things away, Cassidy went first taking Andrew, James and jaylen with her, Jess had three more while Jack held Abby and Dakota with him. Jack checked all the doors and windows and send word to the guard house to get to Colarado. He was going to take no chances as he knew gelding too well and then he to ported to Colorado. Steven followed soon after,

" that's everything out, I sent word for even the mice to leave and hide" he said " though the rabbits said they would watch the place for us" he added setting Shadow and his mate down both looked stunned but moved to an out side door.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Kate and Kieran and Fi took Khaat's kids and settled them for some play time in the huge playroom in the main house in Colorado. The kids were confused, and Kate did her best by finding them some fun to distract them. Robert rarely sent his family away, and he had never done so without going with them. She had a sense this wasn't good. She hadn't seen Michael either. She didn't know what had become of him.

Hours passed. 2, 3, and 4...and still no sign of Robert or Michael. Kate was trying not to let her panic get the best of her. The kitchen crew was working on a lovely evening meal for them all. Colorado lamb with all the trimmings. Other crew members were readying rooms for their new arrivals.

Brian meanwhile had made a fire in the marble fireplace in their hotel suite, and he was coaching Khaat through a quiet, relaxing game of chess, helping her to realize that she actually played very well, except when she tried to figure out how she knew when she didn't remember. Michael's chicken that was cooking slowly in the oven smelled divine.

Robert had sent Michael on an espionage mission, and Robert had gone back to Venice. He had dressed in a black suit, with a black wool coat and a black fedora--not his typical look. He stopped at Tobias's and brought several outfits for bitterly cold weather for Khaat and for Brian. He went to the hotel and went up to Khaat and Brian's room.

Brian could sense that there was something seriously wrong. He laid Robert's boxes of clothes on the sofa and asked Khaat to go through them. He told her, truthfully, that he needed to talk business with her father and took him into the bedroom to talk. Robert told him the truth. The danger they were in.

Brian sat on the end of the bed. "I'm not running, Robert," he said quietly. "We've been running nonstop for years. I'm not going to run unless I know we need to. Look at her. She's come farther in a couple of days here than she did in England. I need more time."

"You may not have it," Robert said softly. "Don't overplay your hand here."

"We dont even know who it is," Brian sighed. "I can't run from ghosts forever."

"I know. And I knew you'd feel that way. I sent Michael to get some more information from his underground sources. You know I'll tell you the instant I know anything at all. If you need to get out, then don't waste time. Just go. Leave everything and just come."

"I will. I swear," Brian promised. "Where will you be?"

"In Paris, at headquarters, until Michael comes back. Then we'll go to Colorado too."

"If he is late, go without him," Brian said.

"No," Robert said. "He'd never go without me. I'll wait. I'll be safe in Paris. Kate is in Colorado. She can be a formidible leader if she has to be. They'll be fine. Can I use your floo to send her word?"

"Of course," Brian said. Robert sent a message through the floo updating them that he would be a bit delayed while he waited on news from Michael. He promised them all was well so far and that Khaat and Brian were remaining for a bit yet in Venice. The message came through just as the staff set the evening meal on the tables in the massive dining room in Colorado and called everyone to dinner.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Steven and Jack both paced back and forth at how long it had been when the floo burst into green both stood listening and breathed out that Robert was ok and only delayed by Michael. " I hope he doesn't take too long " Jack said worry in his voice to Steven who walked over to Cassidy and held her close.

" Hes an expert cat burglar, top in his field I'm sure hes ok" Steven said as he held Cassidy as he smelt the wonderful food coming from the kitchen." that food smells wonderful " he said as he moved with Cassidy and Jess to the table to eat " might as well eat never know whats going to happen " he said pulling out a chair for Cassidy and Jess before he sat down next to them both.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Kate's grandkids didn't know one meat from another, and they'd been taught, even at their young age, to eat most vegetables and fruits. They weren't picky. They were happy to see the neverending Christmas decorations around them, and they welcomed all the attention they got from the adoring staff.

Kate thought the lamb was done to perfection, and she thought of how much Robert and Michael would love it. She tried to not worry for them.

In Paris, Michael reported in. He was tired. It had been an ordeal. He went into Robert's office and made himself at home. He poured himself a brandy and lit a cigarette and sat down tiredly.

"Well?" Robert asked, waiting patiently.

"I don't think we need to continue to raise the alarms quite like we did," he said.

"Do you know who it is?"

"I know who my sources believe it is," Michael said. "I dont' know that we'll know more until they actually make a move. If my sources are right, you have enough protection to take care of this, if you use it well. But your crew deserves to know--immediately. I sent an owl to Brian already."

"Then we need to go to Colorado," Robert said.

"Can I finish my port first?" Michael yawned, his stomach growling.

"If you hurry it up," Robert said. He waited for Michael to finish his port. Then they both put on heavy winter coats and ported to the foyer of the estate in Colorado. The staff hurried to them and took their coats and said they were in time for dinner. They rushed to set places for Robert and Michael while they were getting their coats off. Kate was deeply relieved when she heard they had arrived.

Brian had received Michael's owl, and he was ticked now. He wanted to send Khaat to Colorado and go hunting. But he didn't. Instead, he went to the kitchen to add a bit more liquid to Michael's roasting pan. It would be done in perhaps another 30 minutes. Khaat got up and went out to the balcony. She watched the people moving about in the evening streetlights. Venice was truly beautiful. She didn't understand it, but she didn't want to take a breath without Brian.

As she watched the people walking down the canal, she started to suddenly feel sharp panic, and she didn't know why. She was watching two couples walking down the canal, and looking like they were in love, an otherwise beautiful sight, but for some reason, she wanted to run. She didn't know where she was going, but she wanted to run away. She headed in from the balcony in towards the door and immediately fell, not ready for even attempting to run. Brian shoved the roasting pan back in the oven and ran to her. She was laying on the floor, clutching the sides of her head, suddenly feeling sharp pain.

"Calm down," Brian said softly, his hands on her head. "I've got you. You just did too much. What happened? What frightened you? You can tell me anything." Her hands shook as she tried to sign to him that she didn't know, that she had been merely watching the people walking down the canal. He left her and went out to the balcony and saw nothing in particular. But clearly, something had alerted her. He went back in, secured the balcony doors and drew protection spells around the hotel suite. Then he went back to her. He drew off her pain and helped her to the sofa. "Better?" he asked. She nodded.

"Are we in trouble?" she asked.

"We're usually in some sort of trouble," he laughed. "If its anything to worry about, I'll let you know...."

"Shouldn't we run?" she signed.

"Sometimes," he said very softly, "there's nowhere to run. Sometimes, the best you can do is to stay right where you are until you know what you're up against. I am not going to let anyone hurt you. I swear. Now--how about dinner? Its ready, and I could hear your stomach rumbling. I'm hungry too."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Jess looked up and at Kate as she felt Robert and Michael arrive smiling as she ate her food " Michael is hungry I can hear his tummy all the way out here " she said and saw Jack relax knowing that that meant Robert was back too and both he and Steven were relived that they both were at Colorado and not Paris any more. Jack made a note to see if he could find them and ask what had happened, but he also knew not to go right away but to wait they would tell them in time he just hoped Brian was prepared as much as they were. Jess kicked him under th table braking his train of thought and she frowned at him.

" they will tell us when their ready " she said to him and motioned to his plate where his food was going cold and he smiled nodded and started to eat.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 92 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top