Marriage is Murder
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 1 of 100 1, 2, 3 ... 50 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Jess left the room to find Lee tending to his wounds she gave him too a pain spell and cleaned up his shoulder. " rest it " she said then dove back to pack finding Cassidy half way threw it already she quickly finished and headed to Khaat and Robert " why are we moving?" she asked helping Jack to stand as he was wobbly. " have they found us?" she asked as cassidy joined them.

" all packed" she said and tapped her pocket lightly as see looked from one to the other.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Robert and Edward went downstairs and talked to Lee. Then they went outside in the storm for several minutes. Robert finally came back in and came upstairs alone where Kate was finishing packing not only for her and Robert but also for Khaat and Brian

"Lee's right. We need to move. Now. Right now. No time for briefing. All of you--go downstairs and report to one of Lee's aurors. We're working against time every second we stay here. One of Lee's aurors will take each of you to the new secret location. I'll fill you in, in a few ometns go. Go now."

Michael picked up Khaat and wrapped her in a blanket. Robert woke up Brian and got him up. Brian was like a lead weight because he was so stunned yet. Edward had sent Angus ahead with his gear and Edward's, taken by one of Lee's aurors. As each one of the group hit the bottom of the steps, one of Lee's top aurors took the arm of Robert's party and simply ported out with them. Kate was second to leave, and Edward was remaining behind as the last, determined to go with Lee himself, in case of trouble. Edward was urging them to hurry, to move quickly.

One of Lee's men took Brian, and another took Michael who was carrying Khaat. Robert wanted to be sure everyone was getting out safely.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Jess took jack as an Auror ported them god knows where for a moment she looked around disorientated as she sat Jack down he groaned and closed his eyes. " what the hell is going on why did we leave in such a hurry ?" she asked laying Jack down as she felt him pass back out becoming too heavy for her to carry. Jess saw Jim and Cassidy also ported in and she waited for Robert and Brian with Khaat so they could explain more.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:19 pm

They were in an elegant, contemporary decorated foyer. When Jack passed out, Lee's staff took over and levitated Jack and took him off to care for him. They took Brian as well to tend to him too.

"Come in," a brunette woman said. She was dressed in a well tailored black suit--black slacks and a black jacket with a white shirt and a long black necktie and black high heel boots. "Our apologies for such a rush. Lee will be here in a moment to brief you all."

She led them into a large, contemporary formal living room. There was a grand staircase of clear acrylic steps that looked like they floated on air that led to an upper floor. The furniture was white, accented by splashes of primary colors in pillows and accent pieces. It was so different from what they were usually surrounded with. The outside walls were tinted glass, looking out over a city skyline. Michael saw quickly that it wasn't raining here. The staff offered to take Khaat from him. He just gave them a very posessive look. They didn't offer again, but they did bring a wheeled stretcher for Michael to put her on. Michael put her on it, but kept hold of her hand. He looked out over the skyline to get his bearings.

"Manhatten," he told them all. "Penthouse, if I'm not mistaken."

"You are correct, Mr. Tremaine," their hostess told them. "In the very heart of the wealthy muggles."

"Again, we're hiding in plain sight," he said.

"Indeed," she said. "You'll find kitchen, formal dining room, casual dining room, entertainment room, office, and a gym on this floor, along with a rooftop terrace that has a pool and a hot tub. Upstairs are numerous bedrooms and master baths. The staff is unpacking your things as we speak and tending to your wounded. I believe Mr. Donohue, and your minister and Lee are on their way. Can I offer you all something to drink while we wait? They shouldn't be much longer and they can explain everything, I'm sure. My name is Leslie Howard. I'm the department head for international safety matters, and as part of my job, I coordinate and operate the safehouses for visiting dignitaries. So, in short, I'm your host."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Jess watched as they took Jack away then followed others as a young woman spoke she was happier when Michael and Khaat arrived she moved to Khaat finding that she was only exhausted an slipped some of her own energy into her as she sat down. " Jack passed out I'm surprised he was on his feet this long" she told Michael as she listened to the woman Steven walked over along with Jim and Cassidy.

" the hot tub sounds good " Jim said looking around " exquisite furnishings, paintings all originals I take it " he asked eyeing a Rembrandt hung not far from him.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Michael eyed the paintings. "Mostly originals," he said. "There are a couple of excellent forgeries, but the Picassos are nearly priceless."

"Very good, Mr. Tremaine," Leslie smiled. "Your reputation is accurate then." She ordered a staff member to bring refreshments. A moment later, they brought a tea cart with tea, coffee, soft drinks, and hot spiced cider. "Help yourselves."

A few minutes later, Edward and Robert and Lee arrived. Lee was in a great deal of pain and he was tired. They were all soaking wet and muddy. Robert was relieved to see them all.

"Ah, good. You're all safe, then. Well done," Robert said. "Everyone is alright, then?"

"We're fine," Michael said. "What upped the ante for us, Robert?" Leslie brought Edward, Lee, and Robert some large towels and mugs of hot tea to warm up with.

"I did," Lee sighed heavily. "I am so sorry. I apologize to each of you."

"Not your fault, Lee. She was where she didn't belong, and she knew it," Robert said.

"I was on a patrol around the far edge of the woods, and I was jumped by what I thought was a wild dog."

"It wasn't a dog," Edward said. "He had a fully transformed female that he'd brought with him. She preferred to live fully transformed. She had given up every trace of her humanity and was living as completely as animal as she could manage. Let me spare you, Lee. The gist of it is that he brought her along as combat backup. The problem was that she had recently had a whole litter of pups and she brought them along. What Lee stumbled onto was the den. The female attacked him and the pups followed her and went after him. Lee had no choice. He had to eliminate the female and the pups."

"She had to have been human once," Lee sighed.

"By the looks of her, she lost that a long, long time ago," Edward said. "you have to stop thinking of it in the same way you'd think of as killing a human. This was much more like killing a rabid dog and her rabid pups. She didn't even understand human speech anymore. You did warn her."

"Yes," Lee said. "I did. Repeatedly."

"Even as she was clawing you," Edward said. "And by the way, your legs are bleeding where the pups went after you. Robert needs to be sure none of those wounds are bite wounds."

"God," Lee said, sinking into a white leather chair, feeling overwhelmed. "I'm sorry, Everyone. I know he found her and the pups. He's going to be on a rampage now."

"Not your fault," Robert said, kneeling to check the wounds on Lee's legs. "However, that was very clever of you, Edward."

"Thank you," Edward said, with a wry smile.

"He is brilliant," Lee said. "Who else would think of enlisting the help of the ghosts in the house to get them to show signs of life to make him think you all were still there? The ghosts were delighted to buy us some time and to get to do whatever they wanted in the house. Its going to take him quite awhile to figure out you're all gone. And--we left one of Khaat's sweaters there as a decoy marker. It won't be foolproof but it will buy us time, and the ghosts agreed to keep moving it so he can't find it. We'll go back in another couple of days and retrieve the sweater so he can't just take it."

Michael laughed. "That truly is brilliant, you know."

"You were lucky," Robert said. "Claw marks. No teeth. Your pant legs are torn from teeth, but they didn't break the skin. Jess, are you up to taking care of his wounds once he gets cleaned up a bit? The three of us would love to clean up and get into dry clothes."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Jess listened she breathed out moving to Lee's side and nodded " of course " she said accioing some water and cloths she cleaned his legs and set them to healing as she administered a light pain spell so he could walk around. Jess stood up and looked at Robert " They won't leave a scar " she told him " his energy was low and I gave him a light pain spell." she added Cassidy looked around not saying much.

"Beautiful view from up here." She said standing and looking out the window in front of her.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:29 pm

"Thank you," Robert said to Jess. "The advantage of being here is that not even a werewolf can jump high enough to intrude here. And he'd ben an idiot to come into muggle Manhattan. So for a night or two, I think we could live the lifestyle of the muggle wealthy and take a bit of a breather."

"How soon on dinner for our guests, Leslie?" Lee asked.

"Within the next 30 minutes," Leslie answered.

"Then it gives you all time to get to your rooms and get settled and freshen up if you need to do that. Leslie, take our guests and show them to their rooms."

"Yes, Sir," Leslie said. "Your duffle bag is in the bathroom on this floor, Lee."

"Thank you. If you'll all excuse me, I'd like to go get dry." He got up and headed off to get into dry clothes.

"If you'll come with me, I'll show you to your rooms," Leslie said. Michael hesitated.

"They'll bring her, Mr. Tremaine," Leslie said. "She's coming with us." Leslie led them upstairs and assigned them all a bedroom. The staff brought Khaat and put her into bed. When they brought her into the room, Brian had already found his way to the shower and was taking a shower when they brought her in and put her safely in bed. Edward and Robert headed for hot showers and fresh clothes as well. The rooms were beautifully appointed and the glass gave them a lot of light in peaceful and contemporary surroundings.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Cassidy rested against Steven " that would be good , a hot shower and a warm bed " she said Steven wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him.

"Yeah its been one hell of a day" he said to Leslie looking over as he walked with Cassidy out ant over to the room given to them . Steven smiled seeing Jess walk into hers and over to Jack now laid on the bed. "how is he?" he asked as he walked over leaving Cassidy in the room.

" hes sleeping again. " she said as she checked the slashes on his chest each were now healing nicely. " he shouldn't have been on his feet " she said placing her hand on his head Steven moved and placed his hand on her shoulder.

" hes tough , so's Khaat and Brian they'll all pull threw, get some rest Jess a wore out Healer is no good." he said and moved back to his own room.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Dinner was some of the finest steaks available, with all the trimmings. Robert knew everyone was tired. He was hoping some comfort food would reduce everyone's stress. Brian had allowed Lee to remain with Khaat long enough for Brian to eat. The staff had reserved a steak dinner for Khaat, which Brian promised to be sure she got after the rest of them had eaten.

"I talked with Khaat very briefly before dinner," Brian said. "I let her wake for a bit for her to know we moved her and why. She and I did talk for a bit. We know you're all tired. And we really do appreciate what you're doing for us. But we'd like to take a time out, just for a couple of days, so you all can take a time out and get some rest and just be yourselves again. You all need time to be with your families without us as your top priority..."

"What are you suggesting?" Robert frowned.

"Nothing so drastic," Brian said, trying to not be upsetting to anyone. "I swear. Just a couple days."

"How the hell will you manage when she needs so much medical care right now?" Robert asked.

"Its only for a couple days. I think I can manage," Brian said

"Where will you go?"

"I don't entirely know yet. I have ideas but nothing concrete."

"Then we won't make this decision tonight," Robert said.

"With all due respect," Brian said very carefully, trying hard to be respectful. "Its not entirely your choice, Robert. If Khaat and I decide to go for a couple of days,..."

"Brian," Kate intervened quickly to avoid everyone getting upset. Her voice was gentle, intending to stop any hard feelings before they started. "I think all he's saying is that everyone is tired tonight. Perhaps we just need to take advantage of the time we have and all get a good night's sleep while Lee and his staff are here to take care of us. I think it would be safe for us all to get some rest. Then we can discuss it without all feeling so edgy in the morning. I'm sure if you want a weekend away with your wife, no one is going to object. We all enjoy a weekend away with our spouses, and I'm sure everyone would appreciate it. Get your idea together, and then we'll talk when you get your ideas."

Brian took a moment, simply picking at his baked potato. He wasnt' trying to upset anyone. But he knew everyone had put their lives on the line and had come close to losing them. It was time for everyone to have just a day or two to breathe.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 100 1, 2, 3 ... 50 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top