Marriage is Murder - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 2 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Steven listened to Brian he knew he could use the time with Cassidy but he also understood Kate's reasoning Jess was worried about Jack and had finished her food not even staying for desert but headed back to the bedroom once more. Jim sat and ate his savoring each bite he looked up when Robert and Brian began talking about having a weekend away he liked it, the thought of going home to Margaret and his kids made him smile but hearing Kate he could not disagreed with her and finished his food.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:00 pm

By morning, Brian and Khaat had their minds made up. They were not willing to put their friends and their allies in more danger. Brian had sent a message ahead overnight asking Jeffrey to continue caring for their children for a few more days. the response had come before daylight. It was no problem. Brian had explained the severity of Khaat's injuries and Jeffrey had offered hospitalization and medical care for the injuries there. Brian had declined.

In their discussion, Brian and Khaat had decided not to reveal where they were going. It would deliberately make sure that no one could come and find them and race to their rescue.

Brian had a breakfast tray delivered to her and had helped her with her tray before he went downstairs. By the time he got downstairs to the dining room, he saw the faces of everyone gathered around the table. They all wanted some time to rest and recover just as Khaat and Brian wanted to give it to them. Even Kate and Robert had a hunger for some normalcy, even though they didn't want to admit it.

He greeted them with a good morning as he sat down at the table. He could feel the tension in the air. "I know you've all been sitting on pins and needles waiting for some sort of a resolution to this. So--I'm not going to hold it up. Our 48 hours of waiting will have run out just about by the time breakfast is over. So, here it is. Khaat and I will be leaving together--alone--after breakfast. We are deliberately not telling anyone where we're going or when we're coming back. Hopefully its only a long weekend But Not only is she a seer, but I'm not blind. I can see that there isn't a perrson at this table who isn't burned out just by being around us..."

Robert and Michael wanted to speak but Brian held them off. "Its true and we all know it. Everyone here needs a chance to be without the drama for a couple days. Khaat and I know they're after her. You'll be safe without us for a few days. Our kids will remain in hiding away from us. And I'll take care of anything Khaat needs for the short few days we'll be gone.

"If we dont do this," he said, "if we dont' take the time to refuel our energies, to be ourselves, then we'll get so burned out that we'll be vulnerable to anyone at any time anywhere. I...I don't see a choice. So, yes, as of today, I'm placing you all on paid leave for a few days. Or until I let you know otherwise. And that's my final decision on the matter."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Jack was up the next day though stiff and sore he made it to the breakfast table Jess had lowered his swelling and he ate a god breakfast . Jim sat he nodded as he ate " good choice Brian" he said taking a sip of his coffee. Steven sat with Cassidy who lent against him.

"Be nice to go to the villa again." Cassidy said softly as she ate her breakfast one hand taking Stevens in it. Steven kissed it and smiled.

" yeah, kinda catch up " he said looking at Brian and nodding " I think we all agree with that Brian " he said and every one nodded they agreed. " just send word when you want us." he added
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 pm

"Thank you," Brian said. "We didn't want to offend anyone, but we talked as long as Khaat could hold out. And we both think its best at this point." Kate looked at Robert. It wasn't the choice Robert wanted for Khaat as injured as she was. But he did respect Brian for his decision as her husband and for whatever Brian had done to prevent Khaat from running off into hiding by herself.

"Alright," Robert said. "Then we will support you all but you know we'd have taken our grandchildren."

"We know," Brian smiled. "But you and Kate need a couple of days yourself. If we extend it more than a long weekend, we'll send word to Jeffrey and have you pick them up, if you don't mind. We don't want them around strangers any longer than necessary."

"Thank you," Kate said, actually looking forward to having all 5 of her grandchildren at the farm for awhile.

"Will you let me check your bag before you go so I know you have everything you need?" Robert asked.

"Fine," Brian said.

"And Khaat's okay with this?" Michael asked. "Knowing you'll be taking care of her when she's so badly hurt?"

"Well, it was either that or entrusting herself to strangers," Brian shrugged. "She was going to run anyway. At least this way, we're going together. She knows she has no choice."

"And she does realize she will need continued care when she gets back, right?" Robert said.

"Yes. She does," Brian said. "Will you give us the potion--just in case we have no choice but to use it?"

"Yes," Robert sighed. "But only if its your very last resort."

"You have my word," Brian said. "I don't want her having any more to deal with than necessary."

"Alright. I'll give you a bottle then," Robert said. "And I'll make sure your pay is in your accounts for the rest of you. Is there anything else any of you need?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Jack , Jess and Cassidy all shook there heads Steven smiled and shook his " just go and look after Khaat, we all want her back safe and her self again." He said Cassidy lent against Steven and nodded. " yeah, just take care of her and your self " she said Jess nodded as she finished her food and sat back. " couple of days and well bounce back " she said softly " well maybe more in Jacks case." Jess said as Jack looked at her.

" nothing wrong with me " he said and Jess smacked his chest making him wince.

"Yeah look at the man who went three rounds with a wear ...twice and almost got himself killed. " she said. Jack wrapped his arms around her.

" yeah but I have a wife who can fix me up " he said and Jess chuckled as he kissed her and tickled her making her laugh.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Brian took Khaat after breakfast. He said their goodbyes for them because a part of her was still ashamed of how she looked. They ported out quietly and with no ceremony, from the privacy of their room.

Brian took her for a weekend where they would be totally alone. No one around. So completely alone that if either of them wanted to go stark naked for days no one would ever notice. He surrounded her with warm breezes, palm trees, beaches, the sound of the tide in her ears, and luxury that was beyond her every dream. Their house was completely open on all four sides to the open air and was done in natural, native styles with crisp white cotton sheets, and as natural as it could get. He left her alone in their small five star hut long enough to go buy food and port back to her.

One day turned into two and then more. When she relaxed, she slept deeply and soundly for what felt like it was so long it almost alarmed Brian. But he stuck it out. And in the quiet, while she slept, he had the privacy to mend his own soul. This was going to take longer than he had first thought. He sent an owl to Jeffrey and merely told them that the relaxation was doing them both good and asked that Robert and Kate take the kids for them. Within hours, Jeffrey sent a reply saying that Robert and Kate had come and were thrilled to get the kids. They were all safe at the farm. Brian breathed a sigh of relief.

Once Khaat and Brian both knew that, it seemed that they could take the time for their own issues, their own grieving, their own fears,...and as that died away, they started to do what they always did. They started to come back together again. Brian had spent so much time in the sun, he had developed a dark brown tan. Khaat had developed a tan of her own because Brian had gotten her to come out. He'd gotten her to eat. Well, fruit. He could always get her to eat fruit. Fish. Vegetables. It had taken awhile to get her to eat, but at least she wasn't losing any more weight.

Some of the physical wounds were healing. The bruises were fading, and she was starting to see that her face was disfigured. That had been an ugly revelation when it hit her, and Brian had seen her through it. She was realizing that she was going to need her father at some point after all.

At the point theyd' been gone about ten days, Brian sent a message to Robert saying that they would be home in a couple of days.

When Robert got the message, he sent owls to the staff saying that Khaat and Brian were coming home in a couple of days. Angus responded first by saying he was heading from his grandfather's place in Tuscany to the house to get food stocked and to get it cleaned and ready again for them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Jess and Jack arrived at the villa first Jack had scars across his chest but he was physically better he'd been working out with Jess and working on the villa repairing things that needed to be done, along with tending the orchard. Steven and Cassidy followed both taking about paint for the main bedroom.

"I think a duck egg blue would be nice." Cassidy said and saw Steven shake his head.

"That's a cold color you need a warm color like...yellow" he said and she screwed up her nose then smiled looking at Brian and Khaat " hey nice tans" she said smiling " brought some fresh fruit from the orchard , all organic no pesticides " she moved to the kitchen and placed it down. Jim was last to arrive and he was smiling.

" Hey all " he said and looked at Brian " thanks for the long week end " he chuckled " got a lot done ow Margaret sent these " he handed Cassidy a plate of cookies " ow and jack she says don't eat them all" Jack chuckled and shook his head.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:12 am

ooc: i'm really confused here. the only mention of italy was angus who came home from edward's. not sure if i misled you or what, but khaat and brian are going home to the big estate in england. and i thought i specified in my post and in my pm to you that they've been gone for 2 weeks, not just 2 days. i'm thinking you were preoccupied w/ your questions about cassidy and steven. so i'll just try to write something around what you wrote.

Khaat wasn't sure she wanted to come home. She was drastically better, though, and Brian wanted to get her into Robert's hands for whatever reconstructive efforts Robert needed to do to turn around the disfiguring this monster had done to her. It seemed to make her reclusive now, self conscious when she hadn't been before. Not even Barker had scarred her physically or emotionally like this man had. But in the end, it was the honest talking to her, the disclosing of how he wanted her to seek her father's skills to erase the emotional damage. Brian didn't care about the physical scars except what it did to her heart. She was secure with Brian, and he knew that. They were closer than they'd ever been. Closer than they ever thought possible. Brian had sent photos to Robert in the last few days they were there so that Robert and Kate could try to talk to their tiny kids

And then he'd taken her home. She'd become tearful when they were about to leave the tropical sanctuary where the rest of the world had left them alone. She'd wanted to be alone. He'd soothed away the tears with kisses and promises of much alone time at home. That he would let her have time in her room or any place else if she needed it. He knew it was temporary until Robert had finished his surgeries for her.

He'd purchased a number of translucent veils for across her face in different colors for her. The one she wore today was white with gold threads. He wrapped it around her face and gave her the elegant, goldrimmed glasses with the rose tinted lenses. They werent' as dark as sunglasses, and actuallt, he liked the elegant look it gave her. She was dressed in dark skinny jeans, a black and white checked shirt, and a winter white waist length leather jacket . Scars or not, he thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world. He slipped on his own tan leather jacket, shouldered their bags, wrapped his arm around her waist and ported them home to their living room.

"Who else but you takes a 14 day weekend?" Angus teased them in greeting as he brought a tray of stoneware mugs with hot spiced cider for everyone and set them on the coffee table.

"Its good to see you too," Brian laughed. "You're all looking well. How was your time off?"

"Too quiet," Angus said. "I want my kids back but their grandparents seem to want to keep them." Brian laughed.

"So you miss having a dozen kids around, huh?" Brian asked.

"Whatever makes you think that?" Angus asked, trying to look innocent.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Jack , Jess and the others smiled all ignoring the veil over Khaat face nobody taking any notice of it. " well we all did " Jack said as he went out side " but its good to see you both again and in good health " he added smiling as Jess and the others nodded they agreed with Jack. Jim moved to the kitchen and made coffee for every one while placing the fruit in the fridge.

" yes it was good to be with the kids " he said as he walked back in with a tray cups of coffee and tea for every one along with fruit juice for others.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:19 pm

"Thank you," Brian said. He was about ready to say something else when Robert and Kate apparated in with the kids. Khaat was immediately self conscious but Abbey ran to her, not noticing anything different and reaching for her. Brian picked her up and gave her a kiss and a hug. "Did you miss us?" Brian asked. Abbey nodded.

"Papa has kitties," she said. "Baby kitties."

"I certainly do," he sighed. "While you were gone, two of the barn cats had litters. I have 15 newborn kittens in the barn, and of course we can't do anything with them until they're weaned."

"Daddy, I want kitty," she said to Brian.

"You have two kitties," he told her.

"No, Mama's kitties. I want a kitty."

"I thought we shared the kitties," Brian said. "You want more?" She nodded. "I'll think about it, okay?" She nodded and then reached for Khaat, not willing to give up a hug froom her mama. Brian nodded. Khaat took Abbey nervously and gave her a hug and a kiss. Abbey tugged at the veil.

"Take off," she insisted. "I want a real kiss." Khaat froze for a second, afraid to take the veil off. Robert finally stepped in and took the veil off gently. Abbey kissed Khaat as if she saw nothing. Khaat was confused.

"Abbey," Robert said. "What did we tell you about Mama?"

"Doggies," she shrugged, as if it weren't any sort of a big deal. "Papa make boo boo better."

"That's right," Robert told her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 100 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top