Marriage is Murder - Page 47
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 47 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 47 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 47 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Michael opened the door to the room and looked at Steven and Jim. "I'm going to settle the tab. We have her stable enough to move home. Jess and Jack are home making the house secure. She's a medical mess. She has complete amnesia. You two will stay here and make sure that Brian and Robert get her home safely. Oh, and by the way, if you see those enormous diamond and emerald rings she wears, she already notices they're missing and I'm sure she'd like them back." He headed back down to the front desk of the hotel to pay the bill. A nights stay was not a problem.

Robert presumed that Steven and Jim would know enough to not act horror stricken when they saw her.

"We're going to take you home," Robert said to Khaat, picking up her coat. He helped her on with it, resizing it. She began to feel hesitant about going. He felt her stiffen. And Brian saw it. Brian crouched to look at her straight in the eye.

"I know you don't know us," he said gently. "You certainly don't have to go with us. But look at it this way. You don't have a cent to your name, no ID, and you can't even stand--much less walk. Without help, you'll be out on the street, which is where your clothes look like you came from. At this point, what are you out?" He looked at her. He'd just given her facts. He wasn't going to try to muddle her brain with emotions. She thought for a second. Her head hurt. She put her hand up to her head, feeling it pound. "Let me take you home. Please," he said softly. "Let me help." She looked at him for a moment and nodded. He was right. Without help, she would have no alternative but to go back where she came from.

Brian helped her up but her legs wouldn't hold her. They gave way just like water. He and Robert caught her. Brian picked her up easily. She'd never been this thin. It frightened him. Robert accio'd her old clothes into a bag and put them into his bag.

"Time to go home," Robert said. "You lot ready?" Robert asked Steven and Jim.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Steven and Jim looked at each other but were professional not a flicker of shock crossed their faces as they moved to stand inside the room with Brian as he spoke to Khaat trying to convince her to return home. Steven looked at Jim who with Khaats things in the bag in his hand nodded and moved to each side of Brian as they ported back to the main house both looked at the others and motioned for them not to show shock in any form before Jim took her clothes to Roberts lab as he knew Robert would want to search them for any trace of where she had been held all this time. Steven stayed with them for security.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:57 pm

The porting felt entirely new for her, and it totally overwhelmed her. She fainted from the shock of it.

"Poor thing," Robert sighed, stroking her cheek. "I'm just so used to her being able to do that, that I honestly forgot it would feel completely foreign to her. Take her to bed, Brian. I'm going to have to get a much closer look at her."

"Perhaps a sleep spell for that?" Brian suggested.

"Yes, indeed," Robert said.

"I'll take care of it," Brian said. Kate came over and looked into the face of her daughter.

"She's still alive?" Kate asked.

"Yes," Robert said. "She'll be alright. But I do need some time with her."

"Be very sure that she is alright," Kate said firmly to him. Brian took Khaat upstairs, put her to bed and put her under a sleep spell so that her father could tend to her properly without upsetting her any further.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Steven moved to stand out side her bedroom just for the moment then he headed down to make a pot of warm tea. returning he handed a cup to Kate " drink it will make you feel better " he said and sat down. Jess stepped back pulling the blankets to one side she touched Khaat gently and breathed out feeling Roberts energy and sleep spell doing its work inside her. "The porting was too much for her" she said softly as she tucked the sheets and blanket around her thin frame. She could not help but want to kill the man who did this herself but she knew it had to be Robert and she gave a sigh.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:19 pm

"Thank you," Kate sighed. "Sometimes I think I get used to this, and then sometimes I'm just not."

Robert went upstairs and spent at over three hours. He resorted to anaesthesia to keep her comfortable. He had to rebreak her ribs and her fingers and her arm and her elbow and reset all of it for her and cast her arm clear up to her shoulder and bind her ribs. He knew that she would feel better once the broken bones were in the right places and it became a matter of controlling the pain and providing her very careful treatment for her head injury and her severe thinness. He began healing spells for a number of things and checked her with the utmost meticulousness. He finally covered her and lifted the anaesthesia to let her merely sleep without pain now.

He came back downstairs. "She's sleeping," Robert said. "Let her rest. I had to do surgery on her arm and on her ribs. She needs the rest now. I want total control of everything she eats or drinks for awhile because if I don't, she'll be sick."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Jess watched Robert operate assisting when she could but mostly watching as Robert worked on Khaat in awe of his skill in healing and proud to me under his tutelage and learn as much as she could. Steven looked at Kate " so do we all Kate who ever did that better run for cover and hide in the deepest darkest place" he said his voice monotone and his eyes burned with fire " no one does that to Khaat and gets away with it Kate, nobody" he said softly as he drank his tea Jack walked in and nodded and Steven nodded back then looked at Kate " all security tripled nobody is getting past and into here " he said softly hoping that would give her some peace of mind so she could think about Khaat.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:58 pm

The operation done with, Robert motioned for Jess to follow. He took her into the room he used as a lab and drew one of the books off the shelf and flicked his fingers at it to open it to the proper page. "Magical treatment of starvation," He told her. "Read it. Its tricky and needs very precise care." He drew out paper and a quill and made precise orders about the very few things he would allow Khaat to eat for now. Chicken broth, water, chamomile tea--but none without the very special potions that he had put in her tea earlier. He put the bottles on the table when Jess could find them. "Careful amounts. Because she won't be able to do more than a few sips at a time. It will be too much for her. Nausea meds so she doesn't lose what little she gets. Frequent offerings. Rest. Pain spells or pain potions. Keeping her comfortable is key while she heals a bit. Hopefully in a couple of days we can work on helping her start to move about a little but she's so wasted away that we must be very careful how we handle her. She's rather fragile. No one gets past you or Brian or me in regards to food-not without my permission. None of the kids leaping on her...none of that business. She may or may not remember whats happened in the time she's been missing. Either way is okay. But I do expect the rest of her memory to return as soon as her head heals. As near as I can figure she had enough of a skull fracture it should have killed her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Jess followed Robert glancing back at Khaat a she slept , Jess took the book and read it intently she glanced up as Robert spoke to her " of course " she told him taking in all in the pages of the book . she understood Khaat's tummy would not be able to hold anything heavy and that in her weak state she would not cope with having the children around her " I'll get Cassidy on to that " she said answering his question of keeping the children away from Khaat until she was much stronger. Jess sighed and nodded " we can hope and I for one am grateful she is stronger than she looks " she told him before turning back to reading the pages of the book she now held. She looked at the potions making a note of each one in her mind and that Robert had mixed and measured them for careful administering of them to Khaat.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:28 am

He showed Jess his notations with the very exacting amounts of potions he had calculated. "Oh, and gently with the spells. Try child sized doses first. Her system will probably be very sensitive for now. I would ask you and Kate to keep an eye on Abbey at least temporarily. We all know she seems to have the ability to be rather bonded to her mother. Let us try to keep her from being any more aware of her mother's state than necessary. Not to mention that the last thing tiny children need to know is that their mother does not know them. These calculations should do it until she improves. And, I have included extra potions in case she has trouble sleeping, increased pain or other things. I think I've covered most of it." He gave it thought and then said. "Oh, standard wound care for the incisions and the broken ribs. The arm must be entirely immobilized. And if you don't have any questions, I'm going to go turn some of the men lose on trying to find out what might have happened to her."

He rose and sealed her clothes in a plastic bag. He was going to turn the exam over to other hands today. He went upstairs with the bag.

"Which one of you will take these to Washington and ask Lee to have them thorougly examined for any forensic evidence? Tell him I needed them stat," Robert said to them. "I want every spec of dust examined."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:36 am

Jess nodded and noted each instruction on Khaat chart " of course I'll let Kate know " she said then nodded at his instructions looking at Khaat sleeping in her bed in the other room. Jess watched Robert take the bag and followed him down stairs and stood with Kate. Steven stepped forward.

"I'll do it " he said holding out his hand for the bag taking it he ported to Washington and to lee to get them checked out. Jess turned to Kate and relayed Roberts orders about Abby and the other children " I'm not sure how we can do that as she seems to pick up on Khaats feelings quickly even when shes not in the room" Jess said to her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top