Marriage is Murder - Page 93
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 93 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 93 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:44 pm

Robert wasn't going to discuss business in front of the kids. Abbey jumped down from her seat and dashed to him, shouting for him. "Papa! Papa!" she reached both arms high up to him. He swept her off her feet, greeting her with a smile and kissing her.

"Did you miss me?" he laughed. She nodded, kissing his cheek. "Well, I missed you too. What's for dinner?" he asked her.

"Meat," she said.

"That's all? Just meat?" he laughed. She nodded.

"Then we better go get some before its all gone. Did you eat?" he asked. She nodded. "You want to sit with me then?" She nodded. He took his seat at the table and put her on his lap.

"Can you manage like that, Captain?" one of the servers asked him as they put plates in front of him and Michael.

"I think we'll do just fine," Robert said. "Did Abbey finish?"

"Yes, Sir," the server said. "She was a clean plater. Did very well. Had seconds on berries."

"Just seconds?" he laughed, looking at Abbey.

"Can I have a cookie?" she asked Robert.

"Yes," he said, kissing her. "When we get to that point. Yes, you can." Kate put a bowl of fresh raspberries from the side board in front of Abbey.

"Papa?" she asked. "Who scare Mama?"

"What do you mean, Sweetie?" Robert asked.

"Mama see people. They scare her."

"When?" he frowned.

"Dinnertime. Daddy no believe her. I see her."

"Where did you see her?" Kate asked. "In your head?"

"No," she said, looking at Kate like she was absurd. "I see Mama in the fishy bowl in the toy room."

"What?" Kate frowned.

"Wait," Robert said. "Abbey, were you watching the fishy?" She nodded. "And while you were watching the fishy, you saw Mama?" She nodded. He looked at Kate. "Not enough information. I'll deal with it after dinner."

"What if they're in Venice?" Kate asked.

"I fully expect that they might be. And Brian knows the risks. Let's not panic. We'll discuss it in our meeting after the kids are in bed. I promise."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Jess listened and looked at Robert and Kate to her it felt like Abby was using her seers ability's in her accidental baby powers and had picked up Khaat distress. " if anything had happened they would have come home" she said softly as she finished her food Jack finished his seconds and slid the plate away from himself. Steven and cassidy still ate but son finished Steven moved out side to patrol the grounds Jack staid inside as he wanted to know what had happened after they had left and why Brian and Khaat weren't back yet. Jaylen toddled over and sat down with some crayons and started to scribble on some paper she had found.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:38 pm

After dinner, Robert had the children taken for baths and for bedtime stories and bed. He told the staff he was taking his household to the drawing room for a household meeting. He called Kate, Michael, Jim, Angus, Jack, Cassidy, Steven, and Jess and took them to the smaller drawing room. He closed the doors.

"Sit, All of you," he said to them quietly. "First, Brian is as completely up to date as I can make him. He has chosen to stay in Venice a bit longer. I will support that. If he has something to report to me, he will. Michael, your report, please."

"Yes," Michael said, settling into his chair. "After today's events, I went to my friends in the underground in mainland Europe and in England. Gelding did pay a rather exhorbitant amount of money from a combination of banks--Gringotts, the bank in France, and a bank in Switzerland. I dont' think he had enough in any one account to make up the total amount of money. So the contractors are well funded.

"My sources state they believe it is a group. They also state that there has been three massive farms have been purchased. One in England, one in France, and one in Italy. Protection grids and unplottable spells were laid around them, supposedly. And here is the interesting bit. All three of these farms were solely for the raising of sheep, cattle, and poultry. No crops involved."

"Meat producers, then," Robert said.

"Yes. Definitely," Michael said, "And Gelding has cleaned off any child age 14 or older off his trafficking lists suddenly, listing them as being placed and no longer available."

"What?" Robert frowned. The rosters for the teens were usually flooded because muggles wanted smaller children to mold. Not teens. For the lists of teens to be empty was almost completely unprecidented. "So they're very well funded, they have a food supply of meat--exclusively, and they're recruiting teens?"

"Yes," Michael said slowly, not wanting to quickly reveal what he believed was going on. "And one more piece? The four main suppliers of magical herbs for potions in England have had their farms completely destroyed by arson in the last 24 hours." Robert was silent. He didn't like the sounds of that at all.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:26 am

they all sat and listened and nodded as Michael filled them in Jack looked at Robert worried " how will that affect the wolfsbane potion I take?" he asked hoping it would not affect them yet or not by much even Jess looked at him worried for the patients in the hospital though she knew they would have back ups in storage some place or she hoped they would. Steven sat unfazed by it and Jack looked over at him as he sighed.

" they might have got the public crops but not ours, maintained a small crop n the green house all those days in herboloygy seem to have come to some use " he sad and chuckled and looked at Jack " yes wolfsbane is included" he said " thought ths place was supposed to be self sufficient n every way" he sad sitting back.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 am

"We are very self sufficient," Robert said. "Both here and in England. You won't have to worry about your wolfsbane,..."

"But maybe that is exactly the point," Angus said slowly, thinking.

"You're reading my mind, Son," Michael said.

"What do you mean?" Kate asked.

"If you believed humans were a mere subspecies," Angus said, "and that being a werewolf was superior, what herb would you need to try to eliminate?"

"Wolfsbane does not prevent lycanthropy," Robert said.

"No," Angus agreed. "It does not keep you from being infected. But it sure does stop the transformation once you are infected. Without it, your only choice is to follow in Fenrir's belief system and try to master the monster within."

"So you're thinking its Fenrir?" Kate asked.

"No," Michael said. "I don't. I think that since Gelding knew how to involve James before, he knew how to contact him again. And I think their leader has upped the price and he's digging the pack in for a long, well thought out strategic fight against us, using Gelding's resources. I think they've teamed up again."

"Oh God," Kate sighed.

"And that would be precisely why Brian is not afraid, then," Robert said. "He's come to the same conclusion and sees them as being very defeatable. Its why he hasn't come here from Venice. He's not going to run from this. That makes sense."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:48 am

Jack looked at both Michael and Robert he could see their point and sat back in his chair Jess took his hand as he knew he was ok but the others " if hes back nothing will stop me , though I thought I killed him some one else must have taken his place " he said aloud he turned and looked at Jess " I hope they haven't because it would be easier if once and for all some one took them over and kept them away from here." he looked at Jess then at Robert he knew his answer the one he didn't want to do that was to become his worst night mare. Jack stood and shook his head " not there has to be another to find out, some one who we could contact in the were community who would know" he paced. Steven stood up and placed his hand on Jacks shoulder.

"Calm down mate your not going to take the pack if anything we'll destroy it as we did the settlement" he told him and Jack calmed down.

" Sorry , yeah ." he said and took out his small bottle taking his dose of wolfsbane potion.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:02 am

"I can talk to my grandfather," Angus said. "But I know what he'd tell you to do first."

"What's that?" Michael said.

"You have the maps locating where the farms are before the unplottables took over. So go destroy them," Angus said. "Take out the food supply. Immediately."

"Track the money," Michael said. "You're the minister. If the money is in England, stop it. Take it."

"And if I do that, they're going to go on a killing rampage to draw me out," Robert said.

"And when we get that far, we'll use you as bait. Or Khaat."

"You'll offer me. Not her," Robert said.

"If you do that, I presume you have calculated whether or not we can sufficiently protect you?" Kate was angry at him now.

"With my daughter's life," Robert replied quietly. The truth was he trusted them with more than his own life. He trusted them with Khaat's life, and with the lives of his grandchildren. Yes, he trusted them. "What do you think? Take out the food and the money? And call Edward for help?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:11 am

Steven stopped and listened to them all talking about what they would do he could not say he didn't disagree with it but he knew Robert was a good fighter and knew what he was getting into. " you want I should go with Michael to the farms?" he asked hoping to do something to stop any wears getting close to his family or Khaat and Brian. Steven loked at Robert too.

"He goes I go too" he said " to watch his back beside we all feel the same we want this to be ended so Khaat and Brian can come home and be safe" he said cassidy nodded Jess sat quiet she listened to them all and waited for Roberts answer.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:26 am

"Jim," Robert said, "you and Steven go take out the farms. I don't want Jack that close to the smell of that much fresh meat. Lets do this wisely. Angus, go send for Edward. Michael, you follow the money." He looked at Jess and Kate and Cassidy. "I haven't forgotten you. I may well need you. If I need to try to reach Remus, I may well need your help to do that. I don't know what I want to ask him yet but if I need to try to find him, I will need you. I can't do that myself, and I know Khaat could find him if she had her memory. Right now, she doesn't know him except as the man in the talking portrait. And for the moment, I need Brian to keep her safe...."

As he was speaking the double doors to the drawing room opened and Abbey came in sleepily, in her pajamas, rubbing her eyes, and went over to Robert.

"What on earth are you doing up, Sweetheart?" he picked her up. "Why arent' you sleeping? Did you have a bad dream?" She shook her head no. "Well, why are you up, then?"

"Teeth, Papa," she said sleepily, curled into his chest, sucking on her thumb. He cuddled her.

"What teeth, Precious?" he asked softly, soothing her.

"Under my bed. Teeth, Papa," she insisted.

"Jack, might you go looking for the teeth under a little girl's bed, please?" Robert asked gently.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:39 am

Jim and Steven nodded " yeah best not " he said as Abby came in after Robert spoke Steven pushed Jack to the door. " go get those scary teeth " he said and Jack chuckled walking out Jess and cassidy looked at Robert but it was Cassidy that spoke first.

" I don't think hes that far away" Cassidy said and smiled as she took a deep breath in " let hope we don't have to contact him " she said " i hate to say I'm getting better at crossing the vail, not sure if that's a good thing or bad? " she said and Jess just smiled at her as she looked to Robert.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top