Staying Around - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Staying Around - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Staying Around

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Staying Around - Page 7 Empty Re: Staying Around

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:29 pm

"No, not at all," he smiled slyly and then swam around some more, going a lot faster than a few seconds ago. He had never been a good swimmer, but he was better than most of his friends back in the United States. He wondered how they were now, since he had left. He turned around slowly, trying to fight the water and smiled. "I see your fear has now been conquered." he said keeping himself afloat by moving his arms and legs.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:33 pm

When he did as she told him to, she took quickly her jeans off, and threw then on the ground. She felt more freedom without them in the water. Then, she dived again, and the best thing what she could do right now, she moved her legs under water, and gave her best to swim away a little bit. She came out to breathe, and looked at Andrew, smiling at him happily.
“Well, kind of, though, i must learn how to swim. The best thing what I can do right now, is to move my legs,“ she said, laughing quietly.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Andrew chuckled and then swam around Miseria "Well I could always teach you to swim, of course." he offered. Andrew suddenly felt a lot more cold as he felt a gust of wind brush against his face. He closed his eyes and went underwater, which actually helped his feel better. He pushed back up and felt the wind hit his face again. "Man I didn't know it was going to be windy today," he laughed and kept himself suspended in the water once more.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:47 pm

She looked at him with raised eyebrows. It seemed to her that swimming was easy, but always when she tried, or gave her best, it didn't come out the way she wanted. Or just her skills weren't good enough.
“Thank you, but I prefer learning by myself,“ she said. It was also true. All the spells what she knew right now, she learned them all alone because there never was someone who'd help her. Yes, of course later she got some friends, but old habits don't get easily off. And she prefered to be this way.
Then she looked around, nodding to him. But it was still a delightful weather. “I like it when it's like this,“ she told him,.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:54 pm

"Okay," he said nodding his head up and down once "I can respect that. And I like the weather as well, but it's a pain when we're swimming and we have to come back up for air." He then swam out towards the shore and then near the center of the lake, doing laps as quickly as he could. After about a minute, he swam back over to Miseria and his muscles were beginning to feel sore from the excersise. "Swimming really wears a person out," he smiled
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:04 pm

Miseria ran her fingers trough her hair, pushing it away from her face, and dived again, swimming only few meters away from the place where she stood. She didn't knew if she was jealous or not because Andrew could swim, not like her. She watched as he swam almost to the middle of the lake, and then back. She could really imagine how tierd people get while they swim. Yet, for someone, swimming was almost like a lifestyle.
Don't do it that hard, then,“ she said, shrugging. It was the best thing right now if he wasn't used to swimming after a long period.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:13 pm

"I probably shouldn't" he considered, laughing at himself. He always pushed himself at everything and didn't know where his limit was anymore. "I always feel like I want to push myself, and I guess I don't know when to stop." He looked back to Miseria and smiled warmly. "I'll just do another lap and call it done." he said and then toke off. He began to swim at a slower rate than before, trying to not push himself. He felt something touch his foot and he almost panicked. "Crap!" he said feeling uneasy now "I hate it when fish sneak up on me..."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:26 pm

She nodded. Actually, right now when she was learning, though, she loved to take some riscs, she thought it was better to swim somewhere where she could put her legs on the ground. She swam, making some rings, and smiled to herself. It was only five minutes, and she felt that she could do it more and more!
Then she heard Andrew swearing, and turned herself around. “Are you okay?“ she asked, raising her eyebrows, and swam slowly at him.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:31 pm

"Yeah," he said, his heart pounding against his rib cage "Something passed by my foot, and it startled me." Now feeling the senseless pride that all Gryffindors had to heart, he found himself going underwater and trying to find the so called fish. He used Lumos with his wand and it lit up a good 10 meter radius of the lake. After about a minute, he swam back up and toke a large breath of air. "I really want to go find that things," he said "but the lake is really large underwater. Not as big as the Great Lake, but still very large." He could try to use the bubble head charm to go and- wait. His instincts told him to just forget about the fish and said it was just a trout or something. But who knows, it could be something no one has found! he thought. No. He wouldn't go and find it. "Never mind," he said
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:36 pm

She watched silenly as he dived again, looking for the fish who touched his leg. What a waste of time. Again with a sarcastic thoughts, she rolled her eyes. It was so obvious that fishies sometimes could go against humans skinn, and creep them out. She didn't say anything even when he spoke again, but smiled.
“Really? Want to study the whole lake?“ she offered, hiding the sarcastic remarks in her voice. That wouldn't be bad idea, actually. The bubble head charm or what ever it was called would be a good choise. But then again, Miseria would drown even with this one. She was just learning how to swim, though, already the plan itself was kind of... sounding cool.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top