Staying Around - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Staying Around - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Staying Around

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Staying Around - Page 6 Empty Re: Staying Around

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Andrew walked over to Miseria, afraid taht something would happen. She was shivering pretty bad and didn't know if it was because of the cold water or if she was scared. Maybe both. "Are you sure?" he asked again, still concerned and didn;t notice she had been lying a few seconds ago. He fianlly realized that she would be fine and nodded. "I'll be here if you need me," he said and then went away for a second to change. He come back about 20 seconds later wearing only his swim trunks "Well hopefully I won't get bit or something," he muttered under his breath
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:35 pm

She nodded to him in quicker way than usually. She was still staring at the water. It was unbelievable that she was in the water! So far, it was good.
Now... reach out your arms... the voice comanded her. She did as it said. Hold your breathe...
Why?
Do it!
Again, she did what the voice said. Her jeans were kind of heavy in the water, but she refused to swim with her underwear as well. So she was just choosing a simple drowning.
Now, dive! and closing her eyes, she took a deep breathe, and dived.

Under the water, she didn't understand anything right away. When she opened her eyes, and realized that she was all wet, and she was Under Water, she started panicing, and making quick movements with her legs, she gasped when she was able to stand. The only thing what was spotable right now was her brown hair, pale face, and shoulders. The rest of her body, sadly, was still underwater. It was so uncomfortable to swim with the clothes, but she had no choise.

“Oh, don't worry. The only thing what fishies can do to you, is to come close, and then swim away,“ she said, shrugging.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Andrew was a little worried as Miseria didn't come back up for a few seconds and was about to jump into the water to see what had happened, but saw that she came back up. He felt relieved and then walked over. "I guess you're right," he smiled and then looked out towards the lake. He jumped into the water after getting a running start, but then fell into the water and was underwater before he knew it. Pings throughout his body stated that was water was very cold, and his brain told him to quickly surface because it was cold and he was running out of oxygen. He quickly pushed himself up and broke through the surface. His teeth chattered as he said "Man, it's c-c-cold."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Miseria nodded. By that, she was right. Those fishies weren't able to do anything to them, as they were wizards. And as they fought someone who was stronger than fish... how big chances would those animals get?
She looked at Andrew, a little bit impressed how people felt themselves in water. Some of them were more free in this place than on the ground, and the others, like she, felt uncomfortable. When he came out, she smiled, and nodded again. “Like i told you,“ she said. Now, the main thing what she had to do, was to learn how to swim.
She knew that she had to move her legs, but what about her arms?
What if you just move your legs first, and then try to move your hands? voice asked ironically inside of her. Right. A good idea, but right now, she'd rather watch how Andrew swims, and then she'll probably figure out the whole technique.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Andrwq began to swim around the area near the shore, and didn't want to venture out into the center of the lake yet. If this lake was like the Great Lake, he didn't want to get carried away by some random fish to the bottom. He did the breast stroke a couple of times and then did the backstroke, starting to get a hang of swimming again. He look over by Miseria and raised an eyebrow. "Wouldn't it be easier if you wore a swim suit or something?" he asked noticing that she was wearing her clothes still.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:01 pm

“It would, but then again, it would be easier just to go and buy them,“ she said, and smiled at him. “I never swam, actually. This is the first time. And I'm fine with jeans, and t-shirt. I feel myself better when I have all clothes on me,“ she added in a calm voice, stepping now deeper again. Then, like the voice told her, she almost like lied down on the water, but started moving her legs. It was complicated to do with clothes. They'd help her only to drown, but she had no other chances. Yet, she could take them off, but she didn't want to scare Andrew. Just in case.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:13 pm

"Alright," he smiled still curious "I' was just thinking it would be easier since it would drag you down and everything. It's happened to me before." He swam in a circle, starting to get used to the coldness of the water. He went underwater a few times, and surfaced back up to get even more used to it. "So this is your first time huh?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Miseria nodded. “I know that it would be much easier for me to swim without any clothes, but then again, i don't want to scare you,“ she said, smiling at him. Then she started moving her hands along with the legs, starting moving a little bit forward. When Andrew came out, she nodded again. “Yes. I am fighting my own fear right now,“ she said calmly. For her, it seemed kind of odd as well. She was always so confident, and then again, she was afraid of something, that won't even harm anyone! How silly!
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:02 pm

"Why would that scare me?" he asked laughing a bit still swimming in a circle "I have no reason to be afraid of you." He went underwater a couple more times and finally got used to the current temperature of the lake. It was ironic that the temperature was at least 95 degrees, yet the lake was cold. Very odd. "Fear?" he asked curiously and stopped swimming for a second "why would you be afraid of the water? Either than freezing to death, but hey we have magic."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:18 pm

“You're not scared of half naked girls? Or girls who don't wear jeans?“ she asked, raising her eyebrows. What a stupid excuse for her not to take off her piece of clothing what is helping her to drown.
But then she nodded when he came out again. “Yes. I guess you know what that means...“ she rolled her eyes at him in a sarcastic way. “I don't know. I've always been afraid of water. Since childhood. Perhaps I almost drowned in it, don't know, and basically, don't care much,“ she said, but then looked down. Yes, it was better to swim without them. Sighing quietly, she swam till she could touch the ground with her legs, and stood there, looking over her shoulder at him. “Turn around,“ she said quickly.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top