Family Trip to Romania - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Family Trip to Romania - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Family Trip to Romania

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Family Trip to Romania - Page 6 Empty Re: Family Trip to Romania

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:02 pm

Khaat stepped out into the bright morning sun, which made the snow on the ground sparkle like diamonds. That was the only good part of winter, as far as Khaat was concerned, how pretty everything looked. Khaat made sure she reinforced the shield around the house so that Rob was safe while he slept. She looked around, seeing no one at all, but feeling a rising, angry evil in the air. "Don't zip your coat closed, " Khaat said, "You're going to want your wand close." She had left her own coat unfastened, despite the cold. She was definately going to have to dress warmer.

She walked the short distance back to the business district, with Miseria beside her. She saw a few muggles going about their business now, but didn't spot any wizards. It reminded her of her uncle's American cowboy movies that always had all the townspeople hiding when they knew the bad guys were coming into town. This looked the very same.

Khaat walked into the door next to the coffee shop that led to the upper flats. She found the ministry door easily because of the enchantments on the door. She walked in and found a young male clerk on duty. Khaat told him she needed to establish guardianship or adoption for a Transylvanian orphan. The clerk disappeared for a moment and showed them into an official's office. She was surprised at how beautifully it was decorated--deep dark wood paneling, antigue Russian porcelains, antique Russian furniture, red velvet draperies, deep and plush oriental rugs on the elegant hardwood floors. This had to be the office of the head of the ministry. She didn't expect to be dealing with the head of the town's ministry. She silently wondered what they were getting into.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Following Khaat, she let her coat be how it was, although, winter morning was cold for her. By the time they entered the little coffeeshot, Miseria was shaking all over her body but she didn't complain. She knew what they were up to – Khaat will adopt her and she will have a new family now. And so maybe even new family name as well.

When they entered this little door and then the office, Miseria was quite impressed. This was more different that she was imagining. Looking around, she saw many paintings and window. Stepping closer to it, she saw little town hall and people walking trough it. Miseria knew that soon there will be opened a citymarket. “Hope everything will go fine...“ she whispered to herself and turned around.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Khaat sat in the chair in front of the desk and invited Miseria to do the same. They were only alone a moment when a British ministry official came in, followed by anothe rman--the local Romanian minister, she presumed.

"Well, Khaat Lupin, " the British man said, " I knew I'd be seeing you some time this morning. Let's get down to it, shall we? I got notice that you intend to adopt this young Romanian. That should be easy enough. You have been cleared. We are familiar with the Lupin family. However, it does seem that this Romanian's family may be sheltering a very dangerous magical object that was stolen from us. We MUST have that object back before it falls into the wrong hands."

"It was empty when I found it yesterday," Khaat lied, "I am sure you know I am a seer. I found it while investigating the death scene."

"Empty!" he frowned, "Are you sure? It can't be empty." Khaat drew the blue velvet bag from her leather one and opened it and withdrew the emplty prophesy ball. The ministry official cursed. "Where is the prophesy?" he demanded. "I have no idea," Khaat repeated. "You have it just as I found it." "Then your young charge may be in grave danger if this information has gotten into the wrong hands, Ms. Lupin."

"I presumed so, or you would not be here, "Khaat said. He handed the prophesy ball back to her. "Useless, "he sighed. "Now," Khaat said, "as to the Mansons. Miseria would like an appropriate burial for her parents."

"Yes, yes, " he waved the matter aside, "They are being prepared as we speak. We have no reason to withhold them from memorials. As to the guardianship--you are pursuing guardianship, correct?"

"No," Khaat said, "Adoption." She produced the wills and handed them to him. "As you can see there is no provision for the deaths of both parents"

Both officials read the wills. The Romanian official looked at Miseria, "You have our condolences, Miss Manson. Your family was well respected here. You do realize, don't you, that adoption requires you to become a British citizen? You will no longer be a Romanian. You will be British."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:38 pm

When Khaat called her to sit down, Miseria did what she had demanded and sat next to her. They really didn't have to wait long until both of the minsiters had arrived. She looked at all of them and then she saw again this prophesyball and expression on both Minister's face. Raising her eyebrows, she looked out watching at the morning sun and pure blue sky.

And when she was finally mentioned, she looked back:“Yes, I know that I will British since Khaat is one,“ she said with a small smile. “But that's what I want to be, right now...“ she added with a shrug.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:45 pm

The Romanian minister used his wand to "Accio!" the appropriate forms into his office. "Ms. Manson, on the top line of the form, please write your full name--first, middle and last--as you wish to be known, with Ms. Lupin's agreement, of course. Then sign at the bottom, and then Ms. Lupin will sign. After that, I will sign and seal to make it official." He levitated the form and a quill to Miseria. "You have 2 choices for your last name. You can become Miseria Mason-Lupin, or you can become Miseria Lupin. It is up to you and Ms. Lupin."

Khaat smiled confidently at Miseria, "It is your choice. I will love you the same, no matter what name you choose."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Miseria took the quill and looked at both of the ministers again. They were helpful... and this Minister of Magic from Britain may be happy now. New citisen is infront of him! Miseria Manson-Lupin she wrote in her roundy script and looked at Khaat, waiting for the replies or something what could three of them say. She was now officially stranger for this country. Tourist maybe, although, she was born here.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Khaat smiled at Miseria and took the quill and signed the form. She levitated both back to the Romanian official who signed and stamped the form. "Congratulations, Ms. Lupin and Miseria. You are now a British family. Now as to Manson family estate--you have 2 options. You can keep the property--and whether you live there or rent it is up to you. Or, your second option is that you can sell the property to the Romanian ministry who will sell it at a fair price to some other wizarding family. The property has been owned by a magic family. Therefore it cannot change hands to a muggle family. That is where muggles come up with their odd beliefs that every one of their houses is haunted. It is residual magic from wizarding houses that have been increasingly sold to muggles. If you sell the property, we will guarantee you a fair market price and the money from that and any other family items--particularly magical items--will go into a trust fund that your new mother will hold for you until you are at a responsible age to take your own funds. However, if your mother needs to draw from those funds for clothing or other necessities, it may be used for those purposes as well. If you keep the property, it will be up to you and your mother to find a renter, collect the rent, pay the taxes and insurance, and maintain the property. The choice is yours."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Feeling lost again, she looked at Khaat, asking wordless help of hers but since it was her desision, she looked back et her new minister.
“Sell the house and give it to the family what really needs it“ she said. It was hard but she had to do this. “I only need to take my things out from there and that's all,“ she added. Time heals all the wounds. Maybe some day she can come back here and watch from the distance this family who bought their house?
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:15 pm

"That's fine, "Khaat smiled reassuringly. "A wise choice, Miseria, " the minister said. He levitated more papers in for Khaat and Miseria to sign, allowing them 30 days to remove whatever property they wanted from the house, or sell whatever they wanted to anybody else they chose. At the end of 30 days, any remaining items in the house would be purchased, along with the house, by the Romanian Ministry of Magic, for resale. He explained that many of the household items would be re-sold to other families or donated to poor wizarding families to make their lives better. The money would be transferred to a trust fund in Gringotts bank for Miseria, that Khaat would be the administrator of until Miseria was of age.

Khaat signed the form, agreeing to sell the property and to administer the trust fund, once she approved of the selling price of the property and whatever remained in it. She wanted Miseria to hear and understand that she would not let Miseria be cheated. Then she gave the pen to Miseria.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Nodding to the minister, she waited until Khaat was signing, listening along to him. 30 days was enough. She didn't want to take all those things what were in her house. Only her clothes, some old pictures about her and her family, parents and maybe some personal things but nothing more. She agreed that some things were nessesary for the poor people. Then she took a pen and signed down on the paper and gave it to the ministers. “Thank you,“ she said quietly. She didn't care about the money anymore. It was no use of if right now.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top