Family Trip to Romania - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Family Trip to Romania - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Family Trip to Romania

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Family Trip to Romania - Page 4 Empty Re: Family Trip to Romania

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:15 pm

"Well, it seems they've been here for some time. At least that ugly old woman was. She's gone now. " Khaat laid the death eater's wand on the nightstand. She had never used the killing curse before. It was, after all, unforgivable. Not that it stopped anyone else from using it if it suited them.

"Thank you, "Khaat said, as Miseria helped her clean up the blood and the wounds that they could see, at least at this point. She made a mental note to ask Miseria or Rob to repair anything they didn't find. "Tonight it was only the one old woman, but we may wake up to something totally different tomorrow. Who knows? Do not--not--go outside without either Rob or me. It appears that your father was into something extremely dangerous. And, yes, I do know at least part of it. What's important for you to know right now is that we're safe for tonight. I'll tell you everything in the morning. I am so sorry to have awakened you. But when I knew she was out there, I had to go ward her away from the house. Believe me, she isn't coming back. Ever."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Miseria sat down next to her, looking for few seconds at the carpet. Gone... But why did they come here? Didn't they know that she was in Hogwarts? Or did they follow them or watch them somehow because they knew that she'll come back home some day? It was no where safe now.

“That's nothing,“ she said, looking again at her. Then she gasped in a surprise:“You know what happened with my parents!“ she said in disbelief. How did she find that out? If even she, the daughter of the murdered ones didn't know anything exactly. Even the bodies were removed and soon they'll be buried. “Think that I can't go even for the funerals if Death Eaters try to hunt me down..“ she said sadly. Maybe that was good. She will remember them alive, not dead, lying in coffin.

“She's dead?“ she whispered then. Dead... She had never believed that Khaat could do such thing – kill someone.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:34 pm

"I didn't have a choice. It was that, or she was going to kill me. My best guess is that she either hoped to lure you outside, thinking you would be easy for her. Or she figured I would be just plain stupid. She tried to stun Rob this evening, but he certainly was onto her and stopped her before she got away with anything. He told me about it when he got home. I don't know--either she figured he was too strong to mess with, or she wanted to eliminate us one by one. I used my seer abilities to see what happened to your parents. As I said--I'll tell you about that later. But your dad was a very good man, very brave. So was your mother. And they loved you with all they had. One thing I do know is that they did not want you to be alone, and they did not want you to go trying to get revenge for their deaths. I'm positive of that. Your father and mother died trying to stop the dark arts from taking over. The same thing my uncle died for. My uncle once said, 'There are some things worth dying for.' What I saw of your parents told me that they believed that trying to stop the dark arts was definately worth dying for. And if you want to go to their funerals, we will go. I am not worried about that for one moment. Don't you worry about it either."

Khaat sent Miseria back to bed, and then Khaat changed into her comfortable long white gown that was meant for lounging but she sometimes slept in it too. It was amazingly elegant for just lounging, but it was also deceptively cormfortable. When changing she found a couple more cuts that she and Miseria had not found. She found, strangely enough, some muggle first aid supplies in the bathroom--gauze and tape. It was enough. She knew sometimes they used that in Hogwarts too, although it seemed silly to her.
Exhausted, Khaat fell asleep, sitting on the bed, leaning against the headboard, Remus's wand still locked tightly in her hand, an angry black bruise forming up at her hairline on the left side of her face. Just one more annoyance, she figured.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Miseria didn't say anything more but nodded. Khaat was right as always. She was wise and smart and she took a big responosbility when she wanted to adopt Miseria. Letting Khaat send her back in to bedroom, Miseria closed the door behind her and stepped into the dark blue room, looking around. Transylvania wasn't safe anymore. And she was worried about it. She didn't even know how to put protection spells on if there are more Death Eaters coming.

And maybe they will come and search for their gone friend. She shaked all over the body and looked out of the window. This night she definetly won't get some rest until it's light outside and until its morning.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:05 pm

Khaat rose early, just before sunrise. She dressed and cleaned up her room, and hid the deatheater wand in her bag. She decided to wear a pair of jeans, tan suede boots, and a long tan suede coat. She put on tan gloves and took her bag with her. Everything she needed was always in her bag. And this morning, she had the wills of Miseria's parents inside.

She took a walk and found, on the edge of the forest, what clearly was a wizarding owlery disguised as a local farm. She paid the farmer for the use of an owl, write a scroll to Jess Potter at the Order and sent it at once. She asked the farmer how to find the local ministry office, and he was happy to tell her it was hidden in a flat above the coffee shop. She would have to wait at least an hour before it opened. She thanked the farmer and as she did, he warned her about the sharp increase in death eaters and deaths in the village, mentioning Miseria's parents. Khaat thanked him.

She went to the coffee shop and ordered a large cup of strong, black coffee.
To her delight, they used large stoneware mugs here, similar to what she preferred at home. She sat thoughtfully, enjoying the first cup of coffee for the day. As she sat there, an old man with a long white beard came in, dropped off a copy of a newspaper to the owner of the shop and then, standing behind Khaat, hissed in her ear, "Return the prophesy or die." He glanced up, smiled at the shopkeeper and told him to have a nice day, and left. Khaat left her coffee on the counter and returned to the house, with a bit of a quickened step, seeing the old man nowhere at all now. Seeing not another living soul, the streets eerily deserted. Evil was thick in the air today.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Miseria woke up in a suprise. Last thing what she remembered whas that she was stanging infront of the window and watching out in the darkness and waiting for the death eaters. But it seemed that they weren't coming back and she had fell asleep... somehow.

She let the sun come trough the curtains, laying in bed for fifteen mintues and thinking of what happened this night. Was Khaat alright and has Robert been sleeping well? She didn't doupt about the last one. He came from the pub last night and although, someone had tryed to attack him, she believed that he's a deep sleeper. He didn't even wake up when she called for Khaat and run trough the house.

Finally she got up and went in the bathroom where she washed off her face with cold water and then looked up in the mirror. She wasn't using any eyeliners or mascaras. She had her own long eyelashes and her own pale face so there was no need to use powder.

Making her room up, she went down to the kitchen and warmed up yesterdays meat what wasn't eaten. There was enough for Khaat and Robert. Then she went down to cellar again and took some potatoes and vegetables and started cooking again.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Khaat came in, smelling food cooking already. It was comforting. Gave her a sense that life did go on. She didn't like knowing she had had to use the killing curse. And she definately didn't like the danger she knew they were all in.

"Good morning" she said to Miseria, "Boy, is it cold out there today! But, I've been busy. I found the owlery and found the ministry office. They're not open yet. It really is pretty early, I guess. I found the coffee shop. This really is a pretty town. And they do manage to keep the wizarding world very well hidden, I must say." Khaat took off her coat, and conjured herself a cup of her favorite french roast coffee in her favorite large stoneware mug. "Coffee, Miseria? Or tea?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Miseria emptied the skillet by putting meat on big dish and so she did with warmed up potatoes. Then she started mixing salat together and putting a spell on water and other skillet, they cleaned themselves up. This time work was fast. Food was ready before Khaat had entered the house and already she began to put them on the clean dishes. It was the same food what she did yesterday.

When Khaat entered, Miseria looked at her and smiled softly:“Sorry for the same menu, I don't know what you like to eat and it was the first thing what came up on my mind...“ she said and shaked her head:“No, sit, you are my guest,“ she added and took the cups out of the shelvs.

“Coffee or tea, Khaat?“ she then asked, putting water in the ewer and then it started boiling. Smiling again, she sat down.

“Ministry will be open in hour or so?“ she raised her eyebrows. Somehow she thought that it was always opened, however, she had never visited this place before. Pushing her hair away from her face, she looked at her, waiting for something. But there was only silence – or water boiling in the kitchen. She didn't even hear Robert, if he was snorring or not.

“Alright... You promised me to tell what happened with my parents,“ she said with no expression on her face. This was painful subject but she had to know what they are facing now. And Now, when the Death Eaters were coming in area again, it was also nessesary to know the facts about what was her father hiding in this house and why did he do that?
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:03 pm

"Accio!" Khaat summoned the blue velvet bag. "I found this yesterday. I think your father somehow got this. Someone passed it onto him, I think, because they knew it involved your family. I don't know if you've ever seen one of these before. It's harmless now, but that's a prophesy ball. The prophesy inside can only be retrieve by who it was meant for. The ball is empty now. It was meant for your and Rob and me. I retrieved the prophesy from it yesterday. Your father died because he had this, and Voldemort's followers wanted it. He died because he was protecting the information this prophesy contained. He wanted to protect you. He loved you so, so very much. You were the only thing on his mind. You and making sure you had a chance to meet Rob and me, and makng sure you had a long and happy life. That's what he wanted for you. And your mother died trying to protect him and the prophesy. But your father hid the prophesy very well. It took me a bit to find it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Miseria scowled a bit when she saw blue bag on the table. Prophesy ball? She looked up at Khaat, dosens of questions raising in her head. Why did someone made a Prophesyball for her? Did she had a role to play with Death Eaters? Or was it something else? Her face was full of impression and suprise what she had ever felt. So that was the reason?

“What did the Prophesy consist of?“ she then asked and took the ball from the bag. She had never thought of such things would happen to her. Even meeting with Vincent and dueling with Wilson weren't on the top of situations what made her panic a little. She looked at her own upside down reflection and then at Khaat, waiting for an answer. What did she see when looking in the prophesy?
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top