Marriage is Murder - Page 55
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 55 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 55 of 100 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 77 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 55 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:50 pm

"This doesn't work that way," Kate said. "Not from what Robert said. This isn't due to some sort of trauma that he knows of. He said this is a physical injury. He said she has such a severe head injury it should have killed her. Steven should have some idea what that's like. As I recall, he came here because he was injured and didn't have his memory for months. Robert believes she will get her memory back as her head heals. I know we'd all like to have her back to her old self by Christmas but I just dont' think anyone knows if that's going to happen or not. I do know she doesn't want to be like this. But I am very proud of Brian for staying so close to her. She is starting to trust him, I think. And she wants to trust Michael. She's tolerating Robert, but the rest of us are strangers to her."

Upstairs, Brian saw that Khaat's thoughts seemed to be getting darker and darker. He could feel it. He could sense it. He sat on the edge of the bed.

"Is it all getting to you a bit?" he asked. She didn't want to respond. "Its okay. Just tell me the truth," he said. She slowly nodded. "You wanna get out of here for a bit?" he asked with a boyish grin. She frowned, not understanding. "I'm serious," he said. "If you're up to it, we can slip away for a bit. Just the two of us."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 am

Steven heard his name mentioned and walked in as he ate the cookie " ah yeah bit disconcerting that I still have things pop up that I know I should know but don't its like there's a ghost inside your mind, but for me most of it came back , the unimportant things can stay gone as far as I'm concerned " He looked at Jess and Kate " but time is the only healer" he said smiling.

Jess nodded then smiled " I think hes suggested something nice to her" she said and picked up the cup of now cold tea , reheating it she rank it slowly again. " yeah would be nice but I guess her being here in the physical sense is good enough " she said smiling at Kate " ow I really should think about put up the winter line for madam Malkins, its really not been on my mind lately."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 am

"Already did it," Kate told Jess. "You haven't had a chance to be there much, so I did it. I actually needed to keep myself busy while Khaat was mising. Its been selling well. All but the wool sweaters. The wool isn't, apparently, as attractive as the muggle synthetics and the cashmere. Can't hardly keep the cashmere in stock. We might do well to buy more cashmere and then run a sale on sweaters over all and unload the wool in the process with some deeper discounts on the wool."

Brian helped Khaat dress and found she wasnt' good at standing without him totally supporting her. But, he wanted her to have something to hang onto, something to believe in. And she wasn't heavy. He didn't mind supporting her. He put the keyring of portkeys in his pocket and then stood her to her feet and wrapped her close. "Hold tight," he said softly. "Its liable to make you dizzy." He ported out with her.

Downstairs, Kate felt the energy shift. They'd gone out. That didn't entirely surprise her. Nor did it distress her.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:47 am

Jess breathed out " thank you Kate and cashmere sounds wonderful. " she said " I agree the sale on wool, it will bring more in as they will want to stay warm in this cold weather " she said looking at Kate's expression. " They've gone out, might do them both good. "She said softly " they will be back " she smiled as Steven moved to sit down. Jack walked back in and went straight to the fire to warm up.

" its growing cold out might snow later " he said as he took off his jacket and sent it to the rack to hang up.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:56 am

It was after lunch when Robert finally surfaced. He was showered, shaved, changed, and looking more human again. He accio'd a cup of tea for himself from the kitchen.

"Kate?" he asked, "Where the devil did my bag go?"

"Your bag? I didn't do anything with your bag," she said. "Perhaps Brian took it when he went out with Khaat."

"They went out? Good. Smart lad. He probably did take it, then," Robert said. "If he took her out, he would surely have needed it Did he say when he was coming back?"

"Didn't even say he was going," Kate shrugged. "I just knew."

"Well, thats even better, then. Let's move on with our day, then," Robert said. "I've been giving some thought as to whether I want the straggling members of the werewolf pack to be dealt with or whether I want to let them go for a bit. We've cut their numbers significantly. It surely has hurt them. I can't say that I would not get some satisfaction out of sending some of them through the veil in the death chamber myself, in all honesty."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 am

Jack looked up as Robert walked down looking more like himself " I have been keeping tabs none have come close to here " he said as if reporting the out comes from his patrols. Jess looked at him.

"well that explains all the patrols you did " she said and chuckled as Jack rolled his eyes.

" thought it better to be safe than sorry " he said and looked at Robert " so far I get a faint smell off to the south I am guessing they won't come this far north now what with winter coming in already" he told him. " and yes that is the reason" he moved and sat next to Jess who gave a soft squeak at how cold he was against her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:23 am

"Let them go if they're quiet, Robert," Kate said. "There's been enough killing for now."

"I don't want to give them time to reassemble," he said.

"Leave them be," she repeated strongly. "Concentrate on your two jobs and your daughter's two jobs that, right now, she cannot do. Four jobs ought to be plenty for any one person to wrestle."

"Six," Robert corrected. "I have to do something with Sparks to rebuild. I made a commitment to that. And, I do have the organization to run--on top of my two jobs and Khaat's two."

"Then you surely ought to be able to find something to do," Kate scowled. "I suggest you get at it."

"Go away, Kate," he groaned. "Let me have an afternoon, for God's sake. I'll go tomorrow." He yawned, picking up his jacket, and going outside. Kate smiled slightly.

"His fatigue is getting to him," she said. "I warned him and he wouldn't listen. He'll drag for a day or so now. He's hoping that the cold will make him feel more alert. Watch this." She flicked her wand and apparated Brian's office furniture out into the yard almost right in front of Robert. He whirled around to face the house.

"Very funny, Katherine!" he shouted. He sat down at the desk and simply propped his feet up on the desk, watching the snow fall on the desk and on his jacket.

"Is he going to stay out there?" Angus frowned.

"Probably. If for no other reason than to make a point," she laughed. "He'll come back in when the cold starts to get to him."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Jack and Steven watched as Kate and Robert seem to have a disagreement then the desk and chair appeared out side and Robert just sat down at it, unfazed.Both looked at Kate and chuckled sitting back down. " he has been highly strung , there no where near our location " Jack said and moved to hold Jess.

" I hope he wines down soon he could damage his health being stressed so much" Jess said as she lent against Jacks out stretched arm. Steven watched Robert and shook his head and opened the door and walked out to Robert.

"that snows going to ruin the finish" he said walking up slowly.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:33 pm

"Of course it will," Robert said casually. "Its entirely Kate's fault, you know. I'd have left the damned thing inside. But, I'll play along." As he spoke, Kate apparated out all the necessary desk accessories and his paperwork. "If you're going to put me out here, at least provide me some heat!" he shouted back.

She responded by setting the desk on fire. He leaped to his feet and quickly put it out. "Katherine Elizabeth!" he bellowed. "That is an antique! And its not ours to burn, thank you very much!" He flicked his wand at the desk and repaired it. He looked up at Jack. "The woman needs a day away. I can't do it the same day Khaat and Brian are gone, but I should take her on a day trip someplace, I suppose. Before she burns the bloody house down. She's just trying to get a rise out of me, and I don't give in to that. She knows it too, so she'll just keep uping the ante on it if I don't do something out of the box to counter her. I think a day trip will work. Perhaps a surprise daytrip. Although, its damned hard to surprise a seer with much of anything."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Jack stepped back as the desk burst into flames. He listened as Robert spoke again and nodded " wow, yeah tell me about it I had to get Steven to get Jess's [resent because if I got it she'd know in an instant what it was , I like the idea of Kate and you on a day trip she needs it so do you " he said and looked back at the house where Steven stood looking out of the window at where they were. Steven chuckled as he saw the orange flame of the desk.

" ow that's mean Kate " he said and turned to look at where she sat Jess frowned not seeing the flames but feeling the sudden burst of emotions from Robert and she sighed.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 100 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 77 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top