Marriage is Murder - Page 53
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 53 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 53 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 53 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 am

"Thank you, Steven," Kate said. Khaat watched the larger man sneak a cookie. What was his name again? And then she heard them call him by name--Jack. She had to work harder to remember. His name was Jack, and he liked cookies. That was about all she knew.

Angus plated his cookies and brought them in. Robert got up and laid his paperwork aside and picked up one of the warm cookies. He crouched in front of Khaat and broke the cookie in half.

"Here," he said softly. "I want you to try just a bite. Nothing big. Just a tiny bite." He broke one little tiny bite off one half of the cookie and handed it to her. He broke off another bite and ate it himself. "I love warm cookies," he smiled. She took the cookie bite and slowly ate it. She didn't remember eating food. Not just in a long time. She didn't remember eating ever. She was sure she had to have eaten at some point. The frustration brought tears to her eyes.

"Don't think about it," he said. "You're not ready to try to remember. Let your head heal, Sweetheart. How was the cookie? Did you like it?" She nodded. "Then try one more little piece." He handed her another. She ate it, but when she did her stomach churned. He reacted instantly and laid his hand on her forehead, stopping the nausea. "Gently," he soothed her. "Gone now?" She frowned and nodded. "Good," he said. "Now we know where our limits are. I'll stay on top of it. I promise." He laid the piece of cookie on the end table beside them. "Take your time. No hurry. Go back to the cider if that was easier."

She was tired. She laid her head back on Brian's chest, and he began to brush her hair softly to comfort her. Her father stood to his feet.

"Well done, Khaat," he said affectionately. "Its going far better than I thought it might. You're definitely ahead of schedule. Well done indeed." He took the untouched half of the cookie and went back to his chair and picked up his paperwork, eating the cookie as he worked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23617
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Steven made sure the right amount of flowers were delivered and that they were placed around the house. Each making the rooms smell and look filled with Christmas spirit he brought two into the living room and placed them each side of the fire. " hows that Kate?" he asked and stepped back to look at it. Jack walked back in holding a cookie and smiling as he ate it . Steven shook his head and smiled as he just accioed a cup of tea for himself. Jess looked at Robert and sighed " when will the children be coming back?" she asked hoping it would not be too long. Jack placed the star on the tree and set it twinkling in the light.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 am

"They're lovely," Kate said. "Thank you. They're just what I had in mind."

"What's your worry, Jess?" Robert asked. "They've barely been gone for 12 hours. And it would be their naptime now. Edward's family would be working on keeping them on their regular schedule. As you recall, we were busy this morning and only got home at lunchtime." He was trying to avoid blatantly saying, in front of Khaat, that they had all seriously considered that they might not survive the morning's events. To Robert, he was still cleaning up paperwork and things from the morning's events. It wasn't over for him even yet. "I suppose if you're overly anxious, though, Angus can go get them when he gets a chance to catch up a bit."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:12 am

Steven smiled and drank his tea as Jess looked at Robert and nodded " no worry guess I should enjoy the down time " she said smiling as she moved to Jack and sat down Jack placed his arm around her as he looked at Robert.

"Don't worry I'll make sure she relaxes. " he told him but it was Steven who chuckled and spoke up.

"We don't want to know how Jack" he said and Jess's cheeks turned bright red.

" that's for me to know and you I hope, never to find out." she said and they all laughed.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:16 am

"We're adults here, most of us," Robert said. "I don't think somehow there was anything left to the imagination. I think we all figured it out."

"Robert," Kate scowled.

"You four take the rest of the day if you like," Robert said. "I think The rest of us can manage for the rest of the afternoon and evening. You all did a good job this morning. You deserve to have a bit of paid time. Get out of here. GO get some adult time, the four of you. We'll still have Angus, Michael, Brian, and Kate and I . I think we can take care of one person between the five of us."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:31 am

Steven looked at Kate and Robert " can I get Cassidy?" he asked knowing she was with the kids. Jess took Jack by his hand and stood up smiling " thanks Robert " Jess said as she lead him up to their room just to have some close time together. Jim chuckled and looked at Robert " I'm fine let the young ones have there down time" he said opening a new book to read.

Jess was happy just to lay on the bed with Jack his hand brushing her arm making her feel happy that everything was over and everything for once was right. She winced slightly as he touched the bandage on her arm." I should have been more careful" she said and Jack sighed as he made her look at him.

" you were wonderful Jess, Just as I remember you when we first met " he said leaning down to kiss her gently as he pulled her close and held her.

Steven stood with his jacket in his hand he didn't have to wait for Robert to say anything as Cassidy aperated in. Seeing Steven was fine she moved to hold him close.

" Sorry Robert, I couldn't wait any longer" she said and smiled " the kids are sleeping" she said and Steven whispered in her ear and she smiled. " be back in a couple of hours" she said and held Steven tight as they aperated out to the villa in Tuscany and a warm Tuscan night together under the stars.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:51 am

Robert just waved them away. He had given the Donohues charge of the kids, and he had had Cassidy there to reassure them. He had more on his mind than whether or not Cassidy had followed through with staying with the kids until he had actually given her the option of leaving. Steven had at least asked. Robert decided to try to let her misstep about orders slid this time. He wouldn't do it every time, but since, this time, he would have allowed Steven to go get her anyway, he decided that the fact that she had disobeyed orders was a technicality.

He could see Brian's deliberate blank face. He had not expressed his displeasure of Cassidy's choice.

"Mind back on your own issues, Son," Robert redirected him. "If it needs dealing with, I'll do it. Your priority is right there in your lap, literally."

"I know." Brian said, kissing Khaat's head. She yawned and soon began to slip into a light sleep. "Robert, is she going to do this very long?"

"I expect her to respond fairly quickly," Robert replied. "Her body chemistry has already significantly improved since yesterday. And I've also infused some megavitamin and megamineral suppliments into her potions mixture. She is getting not only all the daily nutrition she needs in her potions but she's getting that nutrition every time she gets a dose of potion. So its multiple times a day. It will rebuild her quickly.

"What we do have to do slowly is helping her regain her weight," Robert said. "If she regains it too fast, when she is so dangerously thin, we risk overstressing her heart and causing her a massive heart atttack. For right now, I want to rebuild her nutrition panel and her bloodwork. I want her to heal her injuries. I want her to rest. Her weight--well, I'm going to be taking that very slowly. She does seem to be accepting you well, and I'm glad for that. She needs someone to feel safe with."

"She seems to feel safe with you. And with Michael," Brian said.

"Not like she is feeling with you," Michael said, bringing in a refill of cider.

"Agreed," Robert said.

By morning, Robert's words came back in Brian's ears. It had gotten cold in the bedroom during the night. Brian had been shivering under his blanket, half asleep. To his surprise, she had nudged him, deliberately waking him. He had awakened immediately, jumping to conclusions that something was wrong. Instead, she had tugged on the bedcovers that he was sleeping on top of. She had felt safe enough for him to get under the blankets in the same bed so he could get warm.

Her gesture to care about him enough to let him under the blankets with her was not something he had taken lightly. He had been a perfect gentleman and had kept his distance. But when he woke up in the morning, she had shifted in her sleep. She was curled up tight to him, her head resting on his chest. Her usual sleeping position. He was more than a little surprised. And, as he was waking, the morning coffee tray arrived. No tea. Robert was letting her have her beloved french roast if she could tolerate it. Her mug was very clearly labeled because of the potion in it.

Maybe life woud start to get back to normal. Maybe.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:59 am

Steven and Cassidy returned early morning Cassidy now in tan slacks and a warm jumper and a relaxed smile on her face. Steven walked into the kitchen poring some coffee and handed one cup to Cassidy who shook her head accioing some fruit juice. " I'll be getting back to the kids " she said and kissed him gently before finishing her juice and accioing back to Edwards. Jack and Jess lay in their warm bed both curled against each other smiling and happy. Jack kissed Jess and moved to shower Jess waking and hearing the shower going did the same . Several minuets later she to walked into the kitchen she wore jeans and a light cream jumper her hair was brushed and down over her shoulder but her arm was still bandaged she had cleaned it and redressed it noting parts were turning some what inflamed and she made a note to get Robert to check it.

" Good morning, ah coffee smells wonderful." she said and took a cup smiling as Jack snuck the cup from her hand and drank it himself making her take another
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:25 am

Kate came downstairs by herself and got a cup of tea. She bid good morning to them, and then looked at Angus. "You don't need to set a place for Robert, I dont think," she said.

"Oh?" Angus asked.

"It was well after midnight when he went to sleep, and I do think his fatigue has bested him," she said. "He's finally actually getting some good rest. I think we need to let him sleep. He hasn't slept really well since Grindlewald was a problem."

"That's been over a year ago," Angus said.

"Almost two," she sighed.

"I'l send him up a tray when he wakes," Angus said. "Any word on Khaat yet?"

"No," Kate said, "but when I passed the bedroom, I could smell her lily perfume. I dont think Brian is wearing it. I would guess that he's helping her wash up since she can't shower because of her incisions."

"Should I count on them for breakfast?"

"Yes and no. I'd rather include them than not, but I don't know if she'll be able to sit up at the table yet."

"Not a problem," Angus said. "I'll handle it. Cassidy left entirely too soon--before I could tell her that my famiy will be bringing back the kids sometime after breakfast today."

"That's alright. She can just come with them, then."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Steven chuckled and drank his coffee " yeah, she was eager to get back to the kids." he said softly as he placed down some knifes and forks for breakfast and the plates and bowls. Jack and Jess pored some juice and handed a glass to Jack who drank it and took more. Both sitting down at the table as Jess laid the crockery in front of every one and smiled as Steven rolled his eyes.

"Some things are better when done by hand" he said as he sat down " ow I hope they do join us for breakfast, Be good to see Khaat and Brian together again" he said and smiled at Kate." but its good Roberts still sleeping too he needs it, he's not looked too good of late a bit....worn out, if I can say that Kate." he said sipping his coffee some more.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 100 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 76 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top