Marriage is Murder - Page 76
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 76 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 76 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 76 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:20 pm

"Did I do that?" she signed to her father. "I didn't move. I don't play that game."

"Actually," Brian said, "you do play. And you play quite well. Your parents are bloody brilliant at it, and you can sometimes beat them. It, technically, is very possible that you moved that piece. Steven's right. It might well have been accidental magic. Like the apparating out like you've been doing, remember?" She nodded. "

"Damnit," Angus's voice could be heard from the kitchen. Brian looked in to see Angus laying his chef's knife aside and then wrapping a towel around a bleeding finger.

"Angus," Brian called, "bring that here."

"Bring what here?" he echoed.

"That cut."

"So I can bleed on your carpet?" Angus frowned, coming in with his finger wrapped in a towel.

"No, I dont' think so," Brian said. "Come here." He took Angus over to Khaat and looked at her. "I want you to try something. Remember I told you that you are a healer? Try this." He unwrapped Angus's hand "Put your hand over the wound," he told her quietly. She looked at him, and he nodded. She obeyed. "Now--concentrate. Concentrate on what that finger looks like without the cut. Concentrate on the cut being not there at all. Try."

Robert thought it was entirely too soon, but Angus could feel a quick burst of a bit of heat in his finger. Brian put his hand on Khaat's and lifted her hand. Angus's cut was gone.

"Very well done," Robert said. Healing the small cut was an elementary skill as far as a healer was concerned, but the fact that she had done it with intent spoke volumes to Robert. "Your magic is much more intact than I thought."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23617
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Jess sat and watched she wanted to go to Angus but knew what Robert was showing Khaat. and smiled she sat back in her chair and made her next move this one a little more difficult for Steven to get out of as she half blocked his king. Steven sat and looked at Jess's move before he sat back thinking Jess knew she'd got him stumped.

Jack worked out down in the gym until he could not do any more his body now dripping with sweat as he walked back up. " ok that was some work out Im glad you put that gym down there Robert" he said
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:54 pm

"Wasn't me," Robert said. "It was Brian who built the gym. He's the one who can't seem to get his day started without a workout. But I'm glad it helped."

"There really are worse vices," Brian said.

"Indeed," Robert agreed. "Go shower, Jack. Fresh clothes would do you good." Angus headed back to the kitchen, glad to see Khaat able to willfully use some of her abilities again. Robert looked at Khaat. "Would you like to try a game of chess? You do have several sets here." She shook her head no. "You really shouldn't just sit here. You should try to do something to occupy your mind." She pointed to the photo albums. "You really think that will help? To go through them for the one millionth time?" She nodded, hopeful. He sighed and laid one of the books on her lap. "Be my guest," he said, willing to let her try a bit longer.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Jack looked at Jess confused as he heard Robert talk " do I smell that bad?" he asked smelling himself.

" like a wet dog in summer" Jess said softly as she screwed up her nose at the smell Jack chuckled and nodded as he turned to leave.

" ok don't want that " he said and headed to their room to shower. Jess was relived he was feeling better and not so tense she went back to the chess game almost having Steven in check that was until he took her knight and she sat forward thinking of her next move.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:48 pm

Khaat started through the book again, and Michael came into the room and saw her.

"Again?" he frowned. he had been impressed with how she had moved the chesspiece. He accio'd a chessset and put it in front of her. He snapped his fingers at it, and it opened up and the pieces scurried into motion.

"But I can't play," she signed.

"What do you have in mind, Michael?" Robert asked.

"I'm betting she knows more about the game than she thinks," Michael said. "I want you to try, Khaat. Don't overthink it. Just make whatever move that seems right to you." This experiment interested Robert.

"Amuse him for a moment," Robert smiled at her. Michael made the first move. Then he looked at Khaat.

"Your move. Whatever piece you want. No pressure," he said to her. Khaat sat for a long moment and then hesitantly she moved a piece.

"Oh, well done," Robert said, nodding. "Try a second move. Let's see what he does." Brian sat just watching, wondering if Michael's experiment would work.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Jess and cassidy left their game and moved to watch Jess smiled as Khaat managed to move a piece and smiled, she smiled again when Jack wrapped his arms around ehr smelling now of soap and fresh clothing rather than wet dog. " shes doing real well so far " she said to him and he nodded.

" I had guessed as much seems her magic is there but not her memories " he said softly as he too watched the game along with Steven and cassidy.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:26 pm

"There's more than that there," Michael insisted. "If there weren't some sort of level of memory, she wouldn't have the first clue." He watched her make another move, and it was a remarkably challenging move. "She knows this game. She doesn't know that she knows it. doesn't know how she knows it, but so far, her game has been faultless."

She looked at Michael. Her moves were right?

"He's right," Brian said softly. "Those are the right moves."

"Only if one intends to put Michael in a squeeze from the beginning," Robert said. "Continue, Khaat. By all means, do not stop. Keep playing."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Jess nodded at Robert and Michael's words " not a falter in one " she said smiling Jack and the others still looked on in amazement.

" so her memory's there but blocked some how ?" Jack asked her as he watched " that's something if she could brake what ever was blocking them " Steven sighed as he stood next to Jack.

" its not that easy Jack, I know " he to them folding his arms he smiled " its like having that wall in your mind that no matter how hard you focus you just can't get past."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:54 pm

"That does appear to be the case," Robert said. "Pardon me for talking about you in front of you, my dear. But, that is precisely my thought on it. The head injury is exactly what is causing that block. Aside from the car accident Lee uncovered for us, I never did find any other evidence of damage to suggest there was any other trauma. And you're right, Steven, it is immensely frustrating for whoever has to struggle with feeling that its all there but is just infernally unreachable. And what little they do remember feels like just a terrible tease."

"Did you not tell me that you would rather either remember it all or none of it?" Brian asked her. She sighed and nodded.

"You are remembering entirely ahead of schedule for your head injury," her father said. "I understand its frustrating, but it is more than a small bit hopeful. It looks to me like you may well make a full recovery far ahead of my initial estimates."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Steven nodded he agreed "God I remember when I had that problem it was like having something to remember but like Robert said its really frustrating " he chuckled " I couldn't remember John, for I think, it was several months." He rubbed his head feeling the scar on the back of his head still clear to him as the day he was hurt. Jess touched his hand and he moved it " sorry its still hurts every so often , guess its psychological now" he chuckled as Jess shook her head.

" Glad I didn't have that problem" Jack said " you know with amount of blows I can take " he chuckled but it was Jess who spoke up.

"You Jack Blackheart just have a hard head" she said and chuckled seeing him shrug his shoulders.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top