Marriage is Murder - Page 38
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 38 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 38 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Steven nodded to Brian and she watched him leave he staid at his post till he saw Brian return and he relaxed a little " she's been quiet think she might have fallen asleep " he said then at Brian's next words he pulled a chair over and sat down still at the door " thanks, I'm ok though, just got that damn rash, no sneezing yet " he said and sat back in the chair his eyes still looking up and down the corridor for any one who would attack or disrupt them as Brain got Khaat to rest and recover or so he hoped she would with the virus around.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Brian retrieved the itch lotion and set it beside him. "If you want to leave a bit early, you can do that," Brian said. "I've got this. She's not going anywhere if her fever doesn't quit. If it does ease up, I'll let her work on paperwork here. But I don't see her leaving this office unless something comes up that they can't handle wthout her. If you do go early, you might ask someone to simply bring dinner to us. that way, Jack doesn't have to arrive hours before his shift is due to start. Its a longer shift if you try to do 12 hours on your feet than it is at home when you don't have to be on your feet all day or when you can be busy doing tasks and chores. Its the standing still that is so difficult."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Steven chuckled and took the lotion smiling as he rubbed it where he was itching he sat back in the chair and looked at Brian " no I'm ok for now I'll see out the shift Jack will come after and relive me " he said watching a figure down the corridor but he turned away and walked down another corridor . Steven thought it strange but said nothing since he'd walked away from them. Placing the lotion in his pocket he made a note to apply again once the itch returned and sat back " just take care of Khaat ok " he said and looked back at hr in the office then at Brian.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:03 pm

"My top job," Brian said. He went into the quarters and put on a fresh pot of french roast. He had almost forgotten Robert had asked for fresh coffee awhile ago. He brewed the coffee and put it into a large thermal pitcher. He put on a fresh pot for them and brought out the thermos.

"I totally forgot Robert wanted some fresh coffee. He has to be tired. I don't know how long he can sit at that potions table without a break, doing nothing but reseach. And if this continues to get worse, we're going to have to consider that he may have to isolate him down there, without much contact from us, to keep at least the potionsmaster relatively safe from getting this. And I worry about anyone being isolated without any human contact from anyone else," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Steven had just settled when he heard Brian return to the corridor with a thermos " and you want me to take it to him?" he said smiling " you really don't want me by this door do you" he said taking the flask from his hand " ok I'll be real quick " he chuckled and headed down the corridor then aperated to the lower level , walking down the corridor he knocked and entered Roberts potions lab " Brian though you could use this coffee , I believe you did ask for it too " he said . " hows it going?" he asked walking over to him he took an empty cup and pored out the hot coffee placing it down in front of Robert .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Robert could smell the coffee coming before it actually got there. It was relief.

"Thank you," he yawned, taking the moment to stand and stretch a bit. "Well, I'm finding what doesn't work. There are at least one million things that don't work. I only need one that does. And I'm finding things that seem to agitate the snot out of it. I also know how to make that silly rash change all sorts of colors, but I'm not getting rid of it. And I'm tired of sittiing. I really would like a chance to run a bit. I just don't know if I can take the break away." He picked up the mug and smelled it. "I am coming to a whole new understanding why Khaat sees french roast as fuel. I'm starting to see it that way myself.

"You do need to keep your eyes open, though. The more people get desperate, the more agitated they will become at me and at Khaat because we arent' delivering a cure. When the worrld looks for a solution to wizarding illnesses, they look to St. Mungos, world over. And right now, St. Mungos is looking at me as the potionsmaster and the master healer. And they're looking at her as the director--the face associated with the hospital. I don't think this has reached its worst yet. Not yet. But lets be on our guard, shall we?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Steven chuckled as he heard Robert say he understood Khaat liking french roast as her fuel " yeah its pretty good for waking you up " he said and he listened more nodding when he said the wizarding worlds looked at them for a cure. " yea I know and I think a rash that is all colors is just as bad as a green one that itches like hell " he said sighing and showed Robert his side again " I think its spread a little too" he pulled his shirt to one side to show it was half way around his back before covering it over " Brian gave me the cream so it doesn't itch that much, I know you both will do it and find a cure " he said optimistic at Robert finding the cure.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Robert hadn't revealed to anyone but Kate that he had that wretched rash himself. He had been taking concentrated doses of decongestants to keep working, and concentrated doses of potions to relieve the fever. And it made him look as though he was not affected, but the truth was that the only way to find out what worked and what did not without having a patient to test his potins on, he had t be willing to test them on himself. And, at this point, he didn't see that he was out much.

He had started a spell to keep names of the patients who had been in the hospital lately and was trying to sort them by degrees of illness to sort for patterns. The chalk constantly wrote by itself on the blackboard, writing names, addiing new names, and moving persons from list to list, back and forth, keeping them current for him. A separate list kept track of those who had died from the illness, and that list was growing. Every time a fatality entered his list, it made a crackling sound, as it if was being written on the wall in flame.

He picked up a parchment. "Would you do me a favor and send an owl with this to Angus or Kate? There are a few things I still need. I'd appreciate it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Steven looked at the board as crackling came he sighed and shook his head knowing what it meant he saw several names he knew on it as well. Looking back at Robert he nodded and took the parchment from Robert " I'll take it myself " he said and nodded to him aperating back to the main house as he appeared he felt dizzy and sat down for a moment , seeing nobody around he quickly stood up and headed to the kitchen " Angus message from Robert " he said and handed it to him waiting to see if he would reply or if he could head back . he saw Jack making himself ready to go on duty and nodded to him " watch for any one coming down that corridor I'll stay with Robert " he said and Jack nodded leaving as he aperated out to St Mongo's.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:53 pm

Angus took the list. "Hm..." Angus said, reading the list. "He's getting tired. I'm only surprised he hasn't started to tire before this. Go ahead and go back when you like. I think I'll give this list to Kate. My guess is she's going to want to deliver this to him herself. If I know her, she's going to want to divert him away from that potions table this evening to let him rest a bit." He flicked his wand at the list. "Go find Kate," he commanded it, and the list flittered off to float upstairs.

"Michael's chicken dish will be ready in another hour or so," Angus said. "Shall I set a place for you here, Steven? Or are you going back?" He heard Abbey's angry cry from the playroom--again. Angus just sighed. "Oh here we go--again. Dakota is noticing that mama and daddy and papa are gone, and she's throwing toys at damned near everyone."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top