Marriage is Murder - Page 69
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 69 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 69 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Jim followed Kate staying back a little feeling she would do her own thing and he was not disappointed, he watched her open the doors forceful a she entered he closed them behind her and smiling at several guest who were walking past at the time. Watching Kate move out side he looked at Michael and took out his pipe " just the night shift " he said softly and moved to the kitchen " so those oranges as sweet as you said?" he said walking back out with one in his hand his pipe once more in his pocket as he watched Kate , Khaat and Brian out on the balcony.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:27 pm

"Yep," Michael said. "I didn't think Robert would be able to keep Mama Kate away for long. I'd love to have seen how that went down. There aren't many people who stand up to Robert, but Kate does a damned good job of it. And its almost funnier that he takes it from her. She's a good balance for him." He tossed him a blood orange. "The suite is that way," Michael pointed in the opposite direction from Khaat and Brian's bedroom. "I haven't used it yet. I stayed here last night. There are three bedrooms over there--two of them are master suites, and a couple of fold out sofas in the sitting room. The room itself is supposed to sleep up to about ten people. I would think we could manage.

"So tell me. What's the news on Steven? I'd have thought one of you lot would have either given him a piece of your mind or beaten the shit out of him by now. Robert hasn't told me much except that he fired him. Once we got Khaat up and dressed and fed, I took her and Enzo out for a walk. Did her good to get out. And it did Brian some good to have some father-son time with Robert, I think. He seemed a lot less stressed when she and I got back. Oh, and by the way, that dog is a damned good companion for her. And he's big enough that if someone messed with her, he could just eat him."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Jim caught the orange and sighed " yea quite the fire cracker " he said and peeled it , he listened to Michael and chuckled at the amount of beds available " ow I'm ok a comfortable chair and I'm set " he said and ate some " hum the are sweet " he said and moved to sit facing him as he placed another piece in his mouth he looked up at Michael as he mentioned Steven " we're biding our time on that one , I think cassidy will take first go then Jack will finish. " he said " I can't abide men like that who just walk off a mission" he said softly as he finished his last piece of orange. He chuckled as Michael mentioned Enzo " ow too right that dog has a soft spot for Khaat now , and he'd start with a certain part first." he looked up with an evil smirk on his face.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Michael laughed. "Yes, indeed. Oh, I did a bit of shopping once I got the 'kids' to sleep. I went over to see Tobias and Irena. I 'm betting its been a bit since you saw those two. Shame they turned out to be squibs, but they're making it work. You wouldn't think a brother and sister could make a go of a shop that big as they have, and as long as they've done it, but they seem to have done actually very well. They miss us. We really should see if we can ask them for drinks or dinner while we're here. Tobias is starting to get a bit gray finally, but Irena is as beautiful as ever. Time never touches her, it seems." He finished his blood orange and opened the bag and looked at the fruit bowl. It wasn't going to be big enough. "Bigger!" he commanded the handcarved olive wood bowl, and it grew at his command. He put the large quantity of fresh fruit in the bowl and put the cheeses in the fridge.

He went to the bags and looked inside. "Damn. I bet there's furniture in these someplace too. When they pack, they really pack. I'm not doing all this by hand. Bull. Unpack! Resize!" Things sprang out of the bags and he was quickly smacked by one of Khaat's pink slippers like it was a fish out of water. "Behave or I'll change you into a dog biscuit. Enzo can get you." The slipper looked apologetic and slid across the floor into the bedroom with its mate. Food of all sorts began putting itself away in the kitchen.

"Don't they think I'll feed my 'kids'?" he frowned. "Although, I do need to go out for some sodas, a few bottles of beer, maybe some wine. Oh, good. Someone sent coffee and tea and decent pots. Now we can make our own. All sorts of baked goods...we very well might make a meal here if we don't feel like going out or sending out. But I really want them to get the hell out of this room. One doesn't come to Italy to stay holed up in a hotel room, you know."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Jim smiled at the mention of Tobias and Irena he was glad they were getting along with there lives " well some times life is cruel , But I'm glad there making ago of it , I had a soft spot for Irena once" he admitted puffing on his pipe gently. " yes we should invite them over for drink be nice to see them again" he said smiling he watched Michale tip out the fruit after telling the bowl to grow in size. he could not help wince then chuckle at the slipper as he had flown out and slapped him across the face. " ah now that would be Jess she's kept cassidy busy baking so she keeps her thought away from killing Steven " he said standing following the food into the kitchen as each item went to its cupboard and settled in its place. " well I don't plan on it but I go where they go, have they any plans to eat out while there here?" he asked " just so I can check out the restaurant,you can never be to careful. " he added
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:35 pm

"No. Not yet. They hadn't thought about food at all until Robert and I ordered room service and twisted their arms into eating. Khaat didn't even remember she was bloody naked. And, no, we didn't see anything. Well, I didn't anyway. They didn't remember they didn't have cash. Or clothes, or ID's... They didn't remember crap. They were too caught up on their own emotions. I just sort of had to get a bit parental with them and get them out of England for a bit. Hell, someone had to do the thinking. Once I talked them into getting out of those wet filthy pajamas and talked them into going to bed, neither of them moved for hours. Literally. They woke up in the same position they fell asleep in. I used a refresh spell on the dog. He stunk after being out in the mud and the grass and the rain, but he needs a bath. I think I'll make Brian be useful this afternoon and either bathe his own dog or call the consierge himself. The boy needs to start to step up again soon. I dont' mind giving him a bit of a break this morning, but he isn't going to get his confidence back about his own abilities if I don't insist he do something.

"Well, I suppose when the packing gets sorted, I'll make a shopping list and go shopping. Wait...Maybe we should let the 'kids' enjoy some of the Venetian shops. They really are marvelous. Might help them to sort out their thinking a bit. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Jim listened to Michael and smiled at each turn then he spoke " sure and I will carry the bags to give them space to be together, be nice to see around Venice " he said smiling " fresh air and no stress for them " he said softly " sounds Ideal Michael " he puffed on his pipe " can you st that up, god what am I saying of course you can, do it for them" he said " I'll be behind them all the way " he smiled and sat back looking at Michael " I might be mature but I know, like you do, those kids just need time and space " he looked back at the three people on the balcony " I have to take Kate back when she's ready but I'll be right back , Roberts orders "
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:47 pm

"You should have brought a crowbar for that," Michael laughed, teasing. He knew Kate did not plan to stay. She was not a meddling mother or a meddling mother in law. She only needed to see for herself that Khaat and Brian were alright.

There hadn't been much emotion in their conversation. Khaat and Brian were just tired. Spent. From what Robert ad told her, it seemed to her like Brian was settling himself just by being with Khaat. Khaat was just tired and spent after yesterday. All Kate had done was to reassure them. It seemed to steady them by having not only Robert' support but also hers. She gave them both a kiss and a hug. She looked at Brian, needing to know he was on top of taking care of Khaat's emotional needs too, not just her immediate physical ones. He simply looked at her and nodded. He was getting his fight back. He was rallying to fight for her, no matter what. Yesterday had thrown him fairly badly, but he was starting to come to grips and was losing the overall shock and stunned feeling he had. He was starting to look again, to Kate, like the confident young commander Robert had hand trained and selected to succeed him.

She said her temporary goodbyes to them, promising them that she and Robert were just a portkey away. Then she stood up and came back inside.

"Well?" Michael asked.

"I think he's getting his grip again," Kate said. "He's starting to look like himself again, I think."

"He'll be right as rain by later today or by morning," Michael said. "He needs a bit of distance from Blood."

"If he shows up here,..." she began softly, her rage clear as day to Michael.

"If he show up here," MIchael stared her straight in the eyes. "I'll kill him, with my bare hands if I have to. He won't get to them here. I swear it on my life, Kate." She looked at Jim.

"Make damned sure Blood doesn't touch my kids again," she told him fiercely. "Whatever it takes. We're not doing this again."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Jim looked at Kate as she walked over to them both Jim nodded to Michael " well looks like I don't need it after all , but keep it on stand by " he said softly as he listened to Kate. He stood up to stand facing her " Kate on my life he will not get even close to them" he said and looked at Michael. " you'd have to stop me first " he spoke sincerely and truthfully he'd grown to hate Blood and would not stop who ever got to him first if it was not him who killed him first . Deep inside he hoped it would be him for he would take his head clean off and stick it on a pike for all to see that the lupins and every one around them were a family not to be trifled with .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:31 pm

"I know I can make it back by myself," Kate said. "But I presume we should save Robert a heart attack and appease him this once, Jim. Shall we go, then?" She looked back at Michael, entrusting her children to them until Jim got back. "On your life, Michael," she said, a bit anxious about leaving.

"I know, Kate," he said gently. "We've got it. Truly we do." He watched Kate and Jim go. Then he got up and went out to see Khaat and Brian just sitting, both just off in their own worlds. "Hey," he said, "you two just going to sit there and be numb? This is Italy, after all. I think you ought to get off your dead behinds and get out of this hotel and go do something."

"Like what?" Khaat asked.

"Well, perhaps, for starters, we should look at buying your husband a new wand. Who knows where his ended up?"

"Your wand?" she asked Brian.

"It is very replaceable," he said, unconcerned. "Your dad loaned me one that is actually much better than that beginner's wand I was still using."

"I liked that wand."

"He deserves better," Michael said. "He's earned it." She nodded, agreeing.

"Take him and pick one out," she said.

"Oh, no. I'm not leaving you here alone," Brian disagreed strongly.

"I'm not alone. Enzo is here and my mother did tell us Daddy sent Jim. He'll be right back."

"You need to get out," MIchael said.

"I...need to change out of these shorts. Do..Do I have jeans?" she asked.

"With those legs?" He frowned. "Why on earth would you want to hide them? There isn't a man here who won't notice those legs. They'll all be jealous of Brian. But..you should wear something better to walk in than flipflops."

"Do I have something else?"

"Yes," Michael smiled. "I wouldn't forget that. Go show her what she has, Brian." Brian took her into the bedroom to let her feel and check out, as best she could, what she had. He left them to it, and made a basic list of other things to buy while they were out.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top