Marriage is Murder - Page 68
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 68 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 68 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 68 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Jess nodded " I feel it too but not as strong as you" she said sipping her tea " maybe you should block it out for a while to get back your own thoughts " she said softly " sometimes its good to just step back for a moment , you know like taking a deep breath, Robert is with Brian and Khaat so their safe" she spoke soft knowing Kate's head was still bad . Placing down her cup she moved behind Kate placing her hands on her she drew of some of the pain to a manageable level "There is that better?" she asked smiling as she sat down to face her again. " Brian is a capable, sensible young man, yes like all he takes his responsibility's very serious including taking care of Khaat, Steven just didn't understand , I think he does now" she said and chuckled softly.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:41 pm

"Oh, much," Kate sighed. "Thank you. I thought about blocking them, but as Khaat's mom and as the closest thing Brian had for a mom, I guess I sort of feel like my kids are out there and in trouble and...I haven't had the heart to block them."

Robert walked back into the kitchen. "They're not in trouble," he told her, coming up behind her and kissing her cheek. "They're better. And Michael is going to stay. I'm going to get them both some legitimate ID's and take them to them. All their ID' were destroyed yesterday. Michael has come up with some very very convincing forgeries that will get them through until I get back. But--I dont' want them questioned when I can replace them."

"I don't care about the bloody ID's," she narrowed her eyes at him. "You tell me what I want to know. Now."

He filled them in on how Brian and MIchael found Khaat and where he'd taken them and how Michael had already provided for them and had promised he wasn't leaving them. He told them about the plans he'd made with them for them to stay in Venice until Khaat had gotten the rest he'd sent her to Italy for in the first place.

Then he brought up a new thought. "I am debating whether to send another guard to them as a backup. If I do, it has to be someone Khaat does not know so well or is so attached to. And they would have to agree to not hover. Brian needs his confidence back. And so does Khaat. Not to mention that this was hard on their marriage. They need a bit of time to themselves."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Jess sat and listened to Kate and was about to reply when she heard and saw Robert she agreed with him. " what about Jim, hes so independent he almost gets lost. " she said and chuckled as she sipped her tea as she looked at them both. She did notice the sweet scent of cookies drifting from the kitchen and she smiled " I have cassidy making cookies, keeps her mind on other things plus Jack will love them" she added " Venice huh , should have know she would go back there seeing it was a happy place for her to be." Jess sighed but still smiled looking at both of them. Jim walked back in casually puffing on his pipe and smiled seeing Robert back .

" Well this place is clean and our men are doing a bang up job of repairs" he reported and looked at Jess " Jack asked me to ask if the cookies were ready as he's nearly finished " this made Jess laugh a little as she nodded.

"See, hes always thinking of his tummy," she said and looked at Jim " yes they are, cassidys got them well in hand"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:12 pm

"Well, they didn't find her in Venice. They found her at Remus's grave after a bit of a chase. She wasn't going to come back. Michael took them to Venice last night in order to get her to someplace pleasant. She's going to need a little time," Robert said. "Jim, I am considering perhaps sending you to them as backup. Particularly for the night shift. Brian needs to be able to guard her himself during the day to get his confidence back. But--the boy needs a rest as much as she does. He can't stay awake forever. If I send someone, It has to be someone she does not have as deep an emotional investment in. She ran, in part, because she believes that 'some of us' believe that protecting her is beneath 'us.' I don't know that he hasn't entirely crushed his friendship with her, but whoever goes has to go because, largely, its a job and not because of any loyalties to her that she perceives. She knows you're loyal to me, but she doesn't see that as the same thing as being someone who was so close to her. I dont' know if that makes sense.

"I won't distance her from everyone forever, but they need a bit of time. Can you guard them and give them some time for themselves at the same time? I'm hoping when she gets her sight back they can do some of the things they enjoy. They just don't mean as much to her right now as they will when both of them feel a bit better physically and emotionally. For now, I'm leaving Michael there too. He seems to be able to take care of them without them feeling like he's doing it. And I think that's a good thing. He's basically in charge there and they either don't know it or dont' care. If you go, I'll make you a portkey."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Jim smiled as he listened to Robert " well that's me, and I go where you need me Ozzy, you should know that" he said giving a few more puffs on his pipe. " I won't interfere unless I'm needed " he finished he placed his hand on Jess's shoulder " Pack some of those cookies for us would you Jess , they would be nice to have with a cup of tea" he said and smiled Jess nodded and stood up heading for the kitchen with her cup. Jim looked at Robert and stuck the pip back in his mouth. " Ok, so I'm there not be seen, until I'm needed and leave the two kids to recover on their own, right." he said clarifying what Robert had just said as he moved to the seat once taken by Jess.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:47 pm

"Yes. Please. Oh, and it is summer weather there now, so you might want to be braced for some warmer weather there. It was beautiful today. Its in the upper 20's there today. GIve me a few minutes before you go. I need to get new ID's for them. Theirs were lost yesterday."

"I want to see my daughter, Robert," Kate said firmly.

"I know," he said. "Sweetheart..."

"No. You let me see my daughter!" she pounded her fist on the arm of her chair. He looked at Jim.

"Would you take her and bring her back, please?" he asked Jim quietly. "Perhaps she's right. Perhaps its good for them and for both her and me."

"I don't want to stay long. I just want to see her," Kate said.

"Alright. Fine," he agreed. She got up and picked up her wand. He laughed softly. "Gotta pack a care package from mom, huh?"

"What kind of a mom would I be if I didn't? Jess, don't let me miss anything I should take. I'll be right back." She apparated out.

"And she will too. I bet she won't be 5 minutes," Robert laughed. "Can you lot manage long enough for me to go into the Ministry and get new ID's?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Jim nodded and looked at Kate " ok Ozzy and I'm ready when you are Kate" he said smiling as he watched Kate and Robert talking. Jess walked back in and smiled nodding she would.

" don't worry Kate I'll make sure you have everything they both need " she said and headed to Khaats room to gather a few essentials for both Khaat and Brian. Jim stood watching as Robert left to get the I.D's he sat waiting for Kate knowing that the soft approach was best especially after what they had all gone threw. He sat puffing on his pipe waiting for Kate to return so he could take her to Khaat and Brian.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:12 pm

Kate went to Khaat and Brian's and packed what she thought were essentials for them for a few days. Robert had said Michael had bought them some clothing, but Kate knew what soothed both of them, and she packed a full messenger bag, filled with shrunken things for them. She apparated back in, just at the same time that Robert apparated back in.

He went to Jim and handed him a brass key with an elegant script V on it. "This takes you to an alley right alongside the hotel," he told Jim. "I trust you can take Kate and bring her back before you get anchored there. Go see Michael before you check in. He has the adjoining suite to Khaat and Brian's. I dont' know if his suite has more than one bedroom or not, but check in with him first. And, Kate, you cannot stay all day. This is to be a romantic restful hiatus."

"I will do as I please, Robert Thomas Lupin," she said firmly. He just rolled his eyes at her. She was presuming Jess was going to soon have her things packed that she was sending. He saw Angus floating things through the house to Jess to pack. It seemed that Khaat and Brian were surely not going to want for anything. Knowing Angus he was sending some of Khaat's favorite food essentials from home.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Jess returned with all the things she had packed and smiled shrinking it down for Kate to carry. " There, if I forgot anything let me know. " she said. Jim had stood up as Robert and Kate had returned now looked at them both and smiled.

" Of course Robert " he said " she's in safe hands with me." he smiled and took the key."Good thinking, don't want to scare the natives. " he said and looked at Kate waiting for her to say she was ready. He held out his hand and put out his pipe slipping it back in the case and slipping that into his pocket shrinking it as he did. " well we should get going no need to keep Michael waiting any longer" he said and then he ported away to the hotel alley. He looked down at Kate. " was that smooth enough for you" he asked leading her to the main entrance to the hotel.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:56 pm

"Yes, thank you," she said, entering the hotel. The clerk at the registration desk spoke to them, but Kate totally ignored him and went upstairs. Walking down the hallway, she pointed her finger at the hotel room door and nonverbally opened the door.

Inside, Michael was just opening the bag he'd brought back from his walk with Khaat when the door blew open. Brian aimed his wand right at the door, ready to fire. Michael pulled a fresh blood orange from the bag, leaned back in his chair, put his feet up on the antique chair across from him, crossing his feet at the ankles, and began peeling the orange.

"Bloody hell, Boy," MIchael sighed. "Put that thing down. You're going to hurt somebody." Kate seemed to walk in with all the force of a hurricane. "Calm yourself, Kate. The room is not on fire, and everyone has all their limbs atttached. Have a blood orange. They're actually quite good," he said, eating a slice. "Very sweet."

"Shut up, Michael," Kate snipped.

"Oh, testy," He mused. He saw her set two messenger bags down on the floor. "Moving in are we? Did you leave anything in either house?"

"Zip it before I zip it for you," she told him. He laughed.

"They're out on the balcony," he told her. She went out onto the balcony and found that it was one large balcony that connected the living room and the bedroom together in one very large spacious view overlooking one of the best views of the city. Michael had opened the balcony doors to let in the summer air. Brian and Khaat were just sitting together on an outdoor sofa, neither of them speaking.

"Are you two alright?" Kate asked. Brian was pleased to see Kate. The sound of her voice got Khaat's attention.

"I think we're okay," Brian said. "I don't know if either of us are too sure."

"You don't have to be," Kate said, giving them both a hug and a kiss. She sat down in a chair across from them and laid her hand on Khaat's.

"So, are you my replacement or are you the night shift?" MIchael asked Jim. "There's hot tea in the pot and some fruit and cheese in the bag. I just haven't put the fruit in the fruitbowl or the cheese into the fridge in the kitchenette. Help yourself."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top