Marriage is Murder - Page 20
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 20 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 20 of 100 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 20 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Steven, Jack, cassidy and Jess all looked at Robert Jim just sat quiet in his chair he'd expected something like this to happen. Jess looked over at Jim and shook her head. " ok of your own but not on your own , whose going with you?" Jess asked looking at Robert " I can't this dam colds got me knocked for six" she added and sat with the kids on the floor James snuggled against her while the others played with blocks and cars and paint. Steven looked at Robert.

" who ever stays will guard the kids and every one with their life, I'm assuming Brian will be going along?" Jack said glancing at Brian as he finished speaking. Steven and Cassidy nodded they agreed.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:23 pm

"Its not that insidious," Robert said. "But the reality is that we have one potionsmaster right now. Me. And we don't know whats causing this or how we stop it. But--we do know its getting worse by leaps and bounds."

"We can't afford you getting it," Khaat told him.

"Well, I already have a bit of it. I've warded off the congestion with potions, but I do have some of the rash. Its minor so far, but I do have a start of it. But..realistically, I cannot afford to let it get worse. If I do, we might well end up in great difficulties."

"You're suggestion that you go into hiding, arent' you?" Brian asked.

"No. Definitely not. I need to be accessible. I have the hospital and the Ministry both to run. But...I don't see any choice but to go into some sort of containment or isolation alone. I am considering the St. Mungos potions lab and adding living quarters to it magically. But...I have to be able to let someone enter periodically to bring me food and clean clothes and potions ingredients, paperwork from the ministry, that sort of thing."

"But you don't know how long this could go on!" Khaat was deeply concerned now.

"I know," Robert said. "But, realistically, if we had another potionsmaster, I might not be so concerned. I honestly dont' see another choice. Do any of you?"

There was a long pause and Kate looked up at him. "I honestly don't," she said to Robert, feeling a bit heavy hearted.

"I don't either," Brian agreed. Khaat was silent for a moment before she spoke.

"If you do this, you need me back at the office, sick or not," she said. "That's reality."

"I know," he said. "But we'll have to design a way for you to do that so that you don't get sicker and hopefully don't contaminate people yourself."

"Bloody wonderful since we dont' know a damned thing about this stuff."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Jack looked at Brian and had to agree " hes right " he said and folded his arms across his chest as Steven moved to his side. both had listened and not liked it but then Steven spoke up.

"Well that makes three of us " he said pulling his shirt to one side to show he too had a rash all down his back and side " found some cream that kept it from itching its kinda why i kept out side and away from the kids I didn't know who else had it " he said looking at Cassidy " sorry hun" he said and she smiled at him " but Roberts right he's our best hope for a cure , unless you know of any other potions master?" he asked looking at Robert
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:43 pm

"No," Khaat said. "Not that we can trust. We do know some dark arts practioners that are potionsmasters. And Rob was actually very good at it. He would help us if we knew where he was, but I had heard rumors that he had been killed."

"What?" Brian frowned. "You didn't tell me that."

"Because it wasnt' important. You're important now," she said. He frowned at her.

"Back to the topic," Brian said, "How can we help?"

"We can equip the potions lab to be as pleasant a prison for him as we can make it," Michael said. "Thats' what we can do."

"I hadn't thought of that, but that would be nice," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Jack, Jess and Steven all nodded " well tell us what is needed and we'll get to getting it " Steven said pulling down his shirt over his own angry rash. Jack shifted to pick up Alex who was tugging on his trouser leg.

" yes I'm sure we could find the things you need or one or more cold go to diagon alley to get supplies, we don't mind being pack mules " he said and looked at Steven who looked at him as if to say 'speak for your self you got the muscle for it' this just made Jack chuckled " ok ok me , I'll be happy to go and get anything you need" he said and saw Steven smile. Now Jim spoke up

"not with out me best go in pairs " he said " that way any trouble the second can run interference while you head back here " he said standing and walking over to Jack then looked at Brian " if that's alright with Brian, never know nower days just how the public will react"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 am

"I can give you a list," Kate said. "I have a general idea. Robert, are you good with potions ingredients and equipment?"

"For now," he said. "But I do need to create a system for me to get things in and out without contaminating myself or you. I'll have to create some shields to create a barrier between us. You know how much I hate to do that, but I don't know how much tiime we might have to set this all up."

"What do we do to help make it easier for Khaat to work?"

"I have some ideas, but it might mean you all might need to space yourselves to take shifts to work with her. Angus and Michael, I might put you on shift to help as well. I think between the staff we have and the additions of Angus and Michael, we should manage. We will need staff here for security and for the running of this new self sustaining project as well as what we usually have to do here, someone as a courier for me, and someone to help Khaat make things work at the hospital and the ministry around the clock. Consider bringing Kieran and Fi back for awhile so that they can help with the kids. Either that or we do need to consider hiring a full time nanny. We're all liable to be spread a bit thin. I hope you realize that and that you're up for it."

"I'm not bringing in a stranger into my house during this nightmare," Khaat said.

"I'll talk to Kieran and Fi," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Jim looked at the both " might be a good idea Jack can fetch and carry and Jess and cassidy can stay with the kids but as for the hospital guess I could go with Khaat if needed " he said and moved to stand with Jack and Steven. Jess looked up at Kate , Robert and Brian.

" yeah cassidy and I will stay with the kids " she said and coughed again as she sipped her drink, cassidy looked for Catlin who was half under the couch. " kitty kitty" she said and cassidy chuckled s she pulled her out .

" yes, those are khaat's kitty's " she said and Catlin chuckled as she looked at Max and mo.

Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:09 pm

"Then we might do alright without Kieran and Fi," Brian said.

"Of course we will," Kate said.

"I am far more concerned about Khaat's working while she's this sick," Brian said.

"Understandable," Robert said. "But I honestly will be in the same buildiing. You honestly don't think I would let her get so desperately sick that I would ignore her? There just is no possible way I will let anything happen to her if I can at all help it. If I need to leave that isolation for my own child, do you think I wouldn't?"

"Daddy," Khaat said, "I completely trust that you will mae the right call, as best you see it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Jim , Jack and Steven all listened and nodded " we'll be here and available for anything " he said picking up a book to read. Jack moved to Jess and placed Alex down and then he ran after Max giggling happily as he ran off. Jack looked at Robert and nodded he agreed with Jim.

" ok what's first I'm available all day " he said and headed to the kitchen for a hot coffee drinking it as he came back out. Steven looked at Kate.

"do you have any of that paste this rash itches like crazy" he asked scratching his back or trying to as he could not quite reach it.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:42 pm

"I'll make a list and get with you tomorrow," Kate said. "I need a chance to think and to design some things with Robert. I'm not going to have this all put together off the top of my head. Give me at least until morning."

"Kate," Robert said, "I don't need much."

"We'll discuss it later," she told him firmly. He just smiled at her quietly. "Brian, you and Khaat need to prepare in case she ends up living at her office for any period of time."

"We'll have a plan by morning as well," Brian agreed. When Steven asked about the lotion to stop the itching, Angus spoke up.

"There is a well labeled bottle in the potions cabinet in the kitchen," Angus said. "Help yourself."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 100 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top