Marriage is Murder - Page 11
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 11 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 11 of 100 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 11 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Jim quickly stood up as he heard the angry tone in Brian's voice. Jim wondered if Robert would let Brian put himself in such danger by going after James he hoped Robert would not knowing how evil James was. " Did you not think that may be this is exactly what he wanted, you angry enough that all rational thinking goes out of the window, then you make a mistake, one that costs you your wife and children." he said his tone soft and gentle as he turned to the kitchen on hearing the loud thundering boom.

His wand was already drawn and at his side read for action but he quickly slipped it away when Robert spoke reminding him they had a guest, Rene was staying with them. When Rene spoke unkindly about a werewolf he turned and saw Jack hold himself slightly more upright and glanced at Robert as he replied to Rene's words. He saw now Jack wanted to say something but didn't, instead he held his tongue. Jim nodded his approved of his none reaction.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:20 pm

"Down, Jack," Robert said, seeing how hard Jack had to work to avoid saying something. "Rene does not objec to werewolves. He objects to murderers. I take it you knew he was here, Rene?"

"Knew he was here? Are you kidding me?" Rene scowled. "The prat broke into my house. I was in bed. He made the mistake of taking on my house elf. I dont care who he thinks he is, no murderer will ever take on my house elf and win."

"Did you kill him?"

"Nah. But we certainly wounded him. The last I saw, my elf had given him a sectumsempra that split the side of his face open from the top of his head all the way down into his neck and almost into his chest. There's no way that won't scar."

"Great," Robert sighed. "Now we dont' just have a madman, we have a wounded madman with a curse. Just what I always wanted."

"Man up, Lupin. We need a Minister, not a weenie."

"And exactly what sort of insect are you vying for?" Robert scowled. "Just because I'm not doing a house to house global search for him doesn't mean I"m not acting."

"Then what ARE you doing?"

"Shut it, Rene," Michael snarked at him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Jack looked at Robert and shook out his shoulders to try and relax himself after a moment it did and he looked back at Robert " I'm ok now, and I know how he feels" He said and looked back at Rene. Jim watched both men his head batting back and forth between Rene and Robert. He could not help but sigh quietly, he knew if Rene continued talking the way he was to Robert he'd end up in a bug jar and they would have an annoyed Robert to deal with as well as an annoyed Brian. But on hearing what happened in the guest house Jim folded his arms across his chest he hoped that would keep James out of their way til he was healed, that would give them time to hunt him down.

" Robert wouldn't that mean he'd have to go to a healer to fix himself?" Jim asked wondering if all Aurors should be notified so to watch all Healers for any sign of James " maybe worth notifying the Ministry so they can watch for him" he said moving back to his chair to sit slowly back down in it.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:47 pm

"I am the Ministry," Robert reminded them. "But yes, I know what you mean. I sent word to them to watch out for him. I seriously doubt he'll go to St. Mungos. I think he'll most lilkely either go to a retired healer or he's got someone that Greyback put him in touch with. We've wounded him before, and rather badly, and hes never shown up at the hospital. So it tells me he has soeone in the dark arts circle that is helping him. My thought is that he's made a connection with one of Gelding's healers in Paris and yes I did send word to Paris...."

Rene perked up suddenly, as if he heard something none of the rest of them heard.

"Robert," Rene said with all seriousness. "You've been breeched." Robert seemed to react with lightning swiftness.

"Search the house. NOW!" he ordered. He apparated upstairs to the nursery. The children were all accounted for . Then he apparated to Khaat's room. Her bed was empty. The window was open, and there was blood everywhere. "Oh, God," Robert said softly. He was rarely afraid, but he was afraid now.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Jim looked quickly at Rene, seeing the look on his face he drew his wand again as Jack on hearing Robert as he dove quickly upstairs, dove out side and onto the grounds. It wasn't long before he found a dead man half hid in the bushes below Khaats window his throat ripped out. Taking a deep breath he looked up knowing what direction he'd taken. " The woods " he shouted up to the open window Robert now stood and pointed. He paused waiting for orders from Robert, but inside he wanted to chase after him and rip his heart out and hold it as it took its last beat. Jim followed Robert and he heard the tone of voice Robert used and knew he was truly scared.

"We'll get him and bring her back Ozzie " he said " can't guarantee what state he'll be in though " he added his voice cold and unmoving.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Brian was livid. He had wanted this house to be safe for her. And they had never been penetrated--til now. He was outraged. Brian searched the bedroom and found a wad of hair in one of the pools of blood. He picked it up. It stunk. Werewolf hair. James. He'd been in his bedroom--his and Khaats and he had taken Khaat. He had no idea who the man was that they found outside, but his unplottable house somehow seemed tonight to be as crowded as Kings Cross Station. And that pissed him off even further.

Meanwhile, all Khaat had known was hearing a very soft sizzle of someone apparating in. She had tried to wake from her feverish sleep when she was hit with another spell and it had made her fade into unconsciousness. Now, she woke thrown on a cold damp cellar floor. The smell of black mold and mildew was thick. Flat out, it stunk. And her fever had her already chilling. Now she was even colder. So cold it felt like her skin hurt.

A woman--an ugly woman--one half woman, half werewolf, came in and pulled Khaat up by her upper arm. "Heal him or I'll kill you," the woman growled. She was careful to stay behind Khaat so the stone coluldn't reach her. She dragged her into another room where James sat on a plain wooden stool, bleeding profusely onto the stone floor. His face was entirely torn open from top to bottom and clear down to his chest. He would bleed out in minutes if he didn't have help.

Last edited by Khaat Lupin on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Jim looked at Brian " he couldn't have taken her far not if hes bleeding this much " he said " jacks got his scent but we have to move now or it will go cold" he moved to face Brian " what are your orders captain" he said looking right at him. Jack moved to the woods and back it grew harder for him to hold his anger he smelt Khaats scent but it was weak and he knew he'd done something to her or she would have struggled but then he mentally kicked himself as he remembered she was ill that's why her scent smelt different to him, he saw four men walking towards him and he shouted to them.

" you four stay with me ministers daughters been kidnapped " he said and looked back at the house hoping he would get the go ahead to go after him.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:14 am

"Protect my children," Brian ordered fiercely, barely able to hold off his own rage. He couldn't remember feeling this angry. Never. But this was different. This was an invansion of her safe haven. The place he had promised her would be safe for her and the kids. And now, he knew, she would never feel like there was a place on the planet where she would be completely safe.

"Brian," Robert went over to him. "Walk with me. You lot..." he turned to the others. "Patrol the grounds, check that body for identification. If he's wizard, you know what to do. If he's muggle, let Kate contact David again. But lets get this cleared up. Make sure there is no one else on the grounds who shouldn't be. Layer the protection spells again around the house, and double check the inside of all the buildings. Lock it down. Someone needs to send off to Paris and see if they have any leads on Gelding's healers in Paris and in London. Someone who is retired or unemployed. I just want a couple minutes with Brian."

Robert walked away from the others several feet with Brian in tow, talking to him. Robert knew too well where this struck Brian's heart and he needed the young leader to know he didn't blame him for a thing. James was just incredibly aggressive. It was a good bet that if James had felt that he couldn't get to a healer qualified enough for this wound, he might well have taken Khaat to heal him. And in that case, they would have retreated to some place where they didn't feel they needed to be on guard. And Robert did have several ideas about where to start looking.

Khaat looked rather numbly at James. Her green stone was already glowing.

"Shut that damned thing off," James growled.

"I..can't," she said. "And I don't have my wand."

"Give her one!" James ordered. A wand thrust hard into her rib cage first from someone behind her. Then someone else put a wand in her hand. She began to work on the Vulneran Sanantur to turn the sectumsempra around. But she was sick and weak. Her magic wasn't working well. She cast the spell slowly in order to try to keep control over it. She saw it healing slowly. He was starting to look like he might not bleed to death now, much as she regretted that he might live. She could not prevent hideous scarring to his face. Her magic just wasnt' good enough right now, nor was she strong enough. And to make matters worse, she collapsed before she could complete the spell.

James ordered two of his scroungy female werewolf women to pick up Khaat and toss her back in the holding cell and lock her in. They tossed her in a heap onto the cold stone floor that was covered with stinking black mold and locked her in.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Jim looked at the young man behind him " go do as he says " he said and looked back at Robert " and James, I'm guessing your taking half pint and going after him right " he said his wand still out " we should get going while the trails still fresh looks as if Jacks got some men and is waiting." he moved to Robert " we'll bring her back safe" he then turned and walked down and out to jack " we wait for Brian and Robert my gut says they will be wanting Jame's head, you men" he pointed to four men leaving four stood with them "spread out look for any thing any one can hide in, caves, holes, old houses and cottages.. any place even if unlikely check it " he said and they all headed out." You strengthen all charms and shields even if they look strong strengthen them.. go" He looked at Jack then back at the house "be warned Robert is out for blood, James I hope and not ours"
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:13 pm

"Not yet," Robert said, just wanting a minute to anchor Brian a bit. "All of you need to just relax a minute and follow the orders I already gave you. We'll be right back. Just give us one bloody minute." Jim was a bit too eager. He wasn't going to override Brian's right to command this unless he saw Brian was just entirely too upset to do so. He walked away with Brian a bit further to be alone with him for just a moment. He talked to him quietly, fatherly, and as the Captain that the organization had come to depend on Robert being. Brian had a lot of 'what if's" going through his head, especially because Khaat was sick and her magic was off. He was guessing James had been desperate to risk the consequences of the protection spells long enough to take Khaat. He needed a healer, badly. Brian was kicking himself that he hadn't calculated that it was at least a triple win if he could take her tonight. He wanted James dead. Very dead. And Robert knew it. He talked to him to anchor that wrath and get him focused on just getting her back. After a couple moments, he and Brian turned around to head back towards the others. He saw Michael walking outside with his leather jacket on and his mission pack slung over his shoulder. When his eyes met Michael's, it peaked his interest.

"What is it, Michael?" Robert said.

"Kate. She saw just enough that I think I know where the hell he's taken her," Michael said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 100 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top