Marriage is Murder - Page 39
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 39 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 39 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 39 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:38 pm

"Not bad," Kate smiled at Jack. "Might feed a couple of us for lunch. But we need more than that if we're all going to eat. Maybe Angus brought some hot dogs."

"Hot dogs?" Robert frowned. "I didn't come fishing to eat hot dogs." It didn't take long until Robert had landed a couple of decent sized fish and Brian had landed one himself. Kate hadn't landed anything, but she seemed completely at peace with the whole thing.

"It doesn't bother you that you haven't caught anything?" Khaat asked her.

"Not at all," Kate said. "I'm using different bait. I'm not after the same thing they're after. Patience. It'll be worth it." Khaat just smiled. Her mother had a plan, it seemed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:13 am

Jess stood with Kate and Cassidy she was enjoying the peace and quiet also waiting to see what Kate would catch hr curiosity now peeked Cassidy stood waiting and enjoying the sound of the ocean against the boats hull as it rocked back and forth. Cassidy looked at Kate " so how long does it usually take?" she asked " I know about pond fishing but not deep sea fishing" she said and looked once more down at the water then at Kate " so what are you waiting on?" she asked " Minnows, marlands, you know those thing with the sharp pointed nose, sword fish" she said finally finding her words,.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:05 pm

"Deep water fishing means, generally, big fish," Kate smiled. "But its like anything else. You never quite know how soon you might get something. Or then again you could be out here all day and not catch anything at all. Its in the time you spend out here on the water that makes it special." She saw her pole make a quick sharp bend. "Ah ha! That's what I was waiting for," she said, snatching up the pole and snappin back on it to hook the fish. "Got him! Now, lets see if we can't get him on deck."

It was a long hard fought struggle that took several minutes. Brian and Robert and Angus all offered to help her, but she scowled at them. "Don't you dare. He''s mine," she said sharply. Robert just laughed out loud. But when she finally had the fish reeled in, Angus peered over the side.

"Nice!" he grinned. "Kate, that may be the biggest yellowtail I've ever seen! It's a beauty!" He reached down and grabbed the fish and helped her haul it up onto the deck. "Wow! Now that's what I call lunch! Its gorgeous! As big as he is, he could be lunch and dinner both for all of us. Nice work, Kate."

"Beat that," she dared Robert.

"No, no," he said graciously. "You are the champion today, I do believe. At least between you and me. Nice one."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Jessica watched as Kate hooked a large fish she sat forward and gave a whistle as it was hauled aboard the boat " nice Kate , woman power to the max " she said grinning as she heard Cassidy laugh as the men brought the fish on deck and its tail flapped at her feet and she jumped back into Steven. Steven felt her jump back and grabbed her lifting her up into his arms chuckling as he held her up from the fishes tail that flapped around his own feet.

" Cassidy its not going to hurt you " Jess said and chuckled her self " well not that end " she could not help smirk seeing the look on Jacks face as he looked from his own fish to Kate's.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Robert and Brian each caught a couple of smaller fish during the afternoon, and it promised to give them some nice, fresh seafood dinners, providing Angus would do his magic on them. Khaat hadn't tossed in a line, although she did like fishing. She had decided instead to accio a book from the bag that Brian ha packed and simply read her book. She didn't hear much of anything out of the kids but Angus reported to her regularly that the nanny was experienced and had things well under her control. Somehow the nanny was able to deal with all those babies at one time and made it seem effortless. Angus had taken to trying to observe her to get a few pointers on how to make having nine little kids at once not be chaotic.

But he did take a few of the smaller fish and create a great fish and chips for everyone for lunch. He served it very simply in traditional newspaper with all the traditional fixings and let everyone choose what they wanted to drink. Khaat and Brian each chose a simple bottle fo cola. Kate and Robert chose bottles of beer. Khaat loved the deep crunchy batter Angus had seemed to master on his fish and chips. She rarely bought them out in restaurants anymore simply because she so preferred Angus's.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Jess chose a bottle of diet cola and ate her fish and chips " whats your secret Angus your batter is always so wonderfully crunchie, you should make this more often. " she said and chuckled as she ate another fork full and smiled as she soon finished and sat back to enjoy the rock of the boat and the sound of the sea. " this is perfect isn't it Khaat " she said looking over at her and the others. "I missed this " she looked at Steven and Cassidy who hand in hand moved to the front of the boat she smiled knowing why they had gone to the front but she said nothing knowing that was there time to be alone.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:31 pm

"A batter that uses good old fashioned stout, cornmeal, and japanese panko breadcrumbs for extra crispiness. Oh that and a few spices," Angus said.

"Why dont you make it more often?" Robert said, taking an extra piece of fish already.

"Because of what you do with fish and chips when you get them," Kate scowled at Robert.

"You mean, eat them?" he asked blankly.

"Inhale them," she corrected. "We're barely started and you're having seconds. Do you think nobody here knows you slip off to the Leaky at least once a week for fish and chips because I wont let you have it otherwise?"

Khaat didn't say a word. She happened to know he had fish and chips at least twice a week for lunch and, if he could manage it, once a week for dinner. She was not telling her mother that her averages were off.

"I'm in perfect health," Robert said, adding some more chips to his plate. "You let me worry about my own cholesterol, would you?"

"Thats exactly why I do worry. Because you don't," Kate snarked. Robert waved her away, enjoying his fish.

"Once a week, from now on, Angus," Robert instructed.

"Yes, Sir," Angus replied. "And don't worry, there's plenty more. It seems that SOMEONE's granddaughters love fish and chips just like their grandpa does."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Jess looked at Angus " what about Andrew is he eating his?" she asked since he had not eaten fish before in his life . She hoped he liked it half as much as Jack did as he finished his plate and took a second helping " seems jack likes your fish and chips too " she said and chuckled at the look he gave her.

" hay can I help it if this is good " he said noticing cassidy leaning on Steven who had his arm around her as they ate " god you two get a room " he said shaking his head as he ate, but he saw the look Jess gave him.

" Jack leave them alone I think its nice there both finally together" she said " and now cassidy and Steven can really bond just like Khaat and Brian did when they were younger. " she said smiling at them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:59 pm

"Andrew?" Angus chuckled. "He's had four pieces. Three of his and one of mine that he swiped. And he likes the fish better than the chips. You all might as well just enjoy it. Believe it or not, its all perfectly healthy. The fish is fried in olive oil and its pure lean protein. What little bit of oil you get is heart healthy oil and isn't going to hurt any of you. And there is plenty of hot crunchy fish pieces left so help yourselves. I do hae a dessert for us for mid afternoon. I didn't plan one for now because I thought perhaps you might enjoy a bit of a snack later on when it gets really hot."

"When we were younger?" Khaat asked. "When did we get old?"

"I dont' think thats what Jess meant, Baby," Brian said. "Can i sit with you?"

"Are you done fishing?"

"Yep," he said.

"Then yes," she replied. He helped her stand up, and she enjoyed being able to stretch her sore, battered muscles a bit while he sat in her lounge chair and set her with him, on his lap, crossing his ankles to give her cast some elevated surface to rest on. He wrapped his arms around her posessively, kissing her cheek. It made her smile.

"So, does it feel different to be legally married to Brian now, Khaat?" her mother asked.

"Yes," she said. "I didn't think it would. But it does. Entirely different."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:09 am

Jess looked at Khaat and shook hr head " I meant when you were both children, I'm sorry Khaat for not making myself clear " she said and smiled at her then looked at Angus " ow that's great, not that he took yours but the fact he likes the fish and it doesn't taste any different in fact I would say its better than regular fish and chips " she said Jack nodded and like Andrew took a third piece of fish, Jess rolled her eyes at him but chuckled.

" Steven kissed Cassidys cheek and smiled " this is good " he said to Angus as he ate his Cassidy nodded and lent against him as she ate.

" I agree its delicious and i don't think I could eat anything else after this so good call on waiting for dessert " she said smiling at him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top