The Clock!? - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Clock!? - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Clock!?

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Clock!? - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clock!?

Post by James William Wilson Wed May 05, 2010 6:46 pm

''But, you also have to anticipate the moves, the timing and the thoughts of your opponent. It is, for a fact, proven that the one waiting and planning always achieves more than the one going first without proper thinking. Because, if I expect him to attack, I am always in front, eve though he may think of it as a surprise assault.'', he said, smiling. He did not remember the last time he smiled so many times in one night. He looked at her smile and cuddled her cheek with his fingers once more. Yes, he understood the meaning of the smile, but his reaction was adequate,

''I have always wanted to make a name of myself, if I ever wanted to, while I am alive. When I am a dead corpse I am useless as a lamp, even more. Yes, I would like for someone to find my body and I am sure someone will, but when I have done everything I wanted and could, then I am done and I can pass away in piece, My name is already written in History at that point, which makes my death an extremely personal thing.'', he replied.

''A power? I imagined you would describe love as a weakness, not as a power.'', he asked, inquiring.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 8:59 pm

“Never, in any situation would I go into action without planning every single one of my steps
beforehand. It would be nothing but foolishness, and I like to consider myself to be at least
one step above foolishness,” Keera replied, though her mind was elsewhere; he hadn’t been
effected at all, and she had to admit, it bothered her slightly, but she supposed it was only
because she hadn’t won. Keera felt his cool palm against her cheek and brought her hand
up slowly, placing her hand on top of his. She didn’t flinch or pull away that time; she was
getting used to the affection he was showing towards her, though she was still quite baffled
that he was showing her affection to begin with. She had gotten the impression that he was
a cold, distant person when he had introduced himself, but then again, first impressions wer-
en’t always accurate.

“You are going to have your name written in history, are you? And how, might I ask, do you
plan on doing that,” Keera asked with a smirk, testing him once more; she found it interesting
to hear what went on inside his mind.

Keera shook her head, he had misunderstood her reply. “No, no, you have misunderstood me,
I meant to say that the one who has been fallen in love with holds a great deal of power,”
she corrected him simply.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Wed May 05, 2010 9:13 pm

''One's first mistake is always him making the first step, remember that, You have to anticipate his behavior and only by making him think you do not know anything will you defeat him properly. Planning without anticipation and the foreseeing of his first move is pretty worthless. One has to wait, make one believe he is completely ignorant, and yet, know everything, making him the fool and, what is more important, the loser in the end.'', he commented. She touched his hand? Why? Why was he showing so much care and affection for her? This was pretty unusual for him, but since it felt good, he would not stop. He put his other arm on top of hers and started to stroke it gently.

''Oh, no, my dear. I am not the one to suffer from being famous.'', he said with a laugh. ''If History decides to write my name, I will be happy, but I will feel exactly the same if it doesn't. Fame is momentary, subjective and it always comes with the 'you get what you give' rule. And I am not so good in giving that sort of thing to people. I shall be completely happy with my name written down in the archives of the school ad its professor, as a member of its staff, as a man who has taught the children how to live and not how to use all of the spells. They can learn and practice the spells by themselves, but I am teaching them about life, I am showing them all of the morbid examples of life and facing them with the most difficult and most troubling challenges life can present them with. It is better that they know what they can expect and prepare for it than to live in ignorance. That is why I dislike those formal, 'by-the-book' professors. You have to be creative. And with that, I shall be completely satisfied, but, as I have said, if History decides to play that kind of joke on me, I shall be happy to oblige it.'', he explained.

''No, no. I understood your remark completely, but still, I always prefer to use the term weakness instead of power. Despite the same meanings these words have.'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Keera listened to Wilson speak, his strategy involved getting into the mind of the opposing
side, tinkering with what he found inside, and that, she had to admit, intimidated her. She
would pray never to be in a position where she was placed against him, for she feared
she wouldn’t stand a chance. The ability to think that way, as if you were in fact, the other
person, was a terrifyingly powerful one that she knew she didn’t possess. Though she
was wonderful with strategizing, it was nothing against psychology, which was what she
had been so afraid about earlier.

“I am worthless at teaching either way, but I have found that teaching by the book teaches
the students nothing, that is, unless they plan on using those books to shield themselves
from incoming hexes,” Keera stated, watching as he stroked her arm gently without really
registering the fact that he was doing so; she was too in to their conversation for any sort
of reaction.

Keera nodded her head, she understood his point of view, and agreed with it for the most
part. If you were to let thoughts of happiness and perfection fill your head to the brim, there
would no longer be any room within your skull for logic or common sense, and therefore, it
was a weakness. Keera believed from her own unfortunate personal experience that love
was not a two sided emotion, that one person could fall for the other, but the one who had
been fallen for would never return that love, and so she had come to the conclusion that that
person would then be able to manipulate their lover in any way they pleased. “Have you ever
experienced the dreaded emotion then? Or are you basing your opinion on what you have
seen happen to friends and family?” she asked.

Keera sat in silence for a moment before- for some unknown reason- reaching into Wilson’s
pocket slowly, pulling out his small pocket watch. She supposed she wanted to see what
would happen, thinking that perhaps now that she trusted him, his watch would not affect
her the same way. But things didn’t work out that way, and she knew that somewhere in
the back of her mind, though she ignored it. She was wrong… again. Wrong for thinking that
for once, she could hold a watch in her hands and look at it without it affecting her. She was
wrong for believing her fear was conquerable.

As soon as she was able to see the small hands of the watch moving their way clockwise
slowly, it began to tear her apart from the inside out. Keera released her grip on the device,
dropping it back into his pocket quickly. She was no longer resting her head against Wilson’s
chest, instead the back of her head was pressed to the wall and her eyes were closed. Sh-
e was shaking- though she did not realize it- as she sat there, waiting for it to pass. “Stop,
stop, stop, stop. What was I Thinking?” Keera asked herself aloud, her voice breaking
toward the end. She balled one of her hands into a fist and slammed it against the wall
behind her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 pm

As she asked the question, Wilson felt her hand reaching into his pocket. He knew what she wanted to take, but he trusted her and he did not try to stop her. He continued stroking her arm, observing what she will do with his watch. But then, something sudden and surprising happened. She got aroused, no, not aroused, hysteric. But, why did that watch have such an effect on her? It was a normal pocket watch, enchanted so that it could not break under any circumstances. He observed her run away to the nearest wall, drop the watch back into his pocket and hit the wall with her fist.

He stood up and positioned his glasses. He walked over her, his tall figure covering her completely. He looked at her tremble. Now why did she tremble? For Peter's sake, it is only a normal pocket watch with a chain! But, weirder than that was his reaction, that he knew he would do, in this situation. He took her, helped her up and embraced her, firmly, but still gently. She had to stop shaking. ''Now, why did you do that, my dear?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Keera was just about to slam her head against the wall when Wilson wrapped his arms around
her. She squeezed her eyes shut, whispering two words over and over again, though she wasn’t
exactly aware of it; “Get out. Get out. Get out.” She dug her nails into her palms as she stood there
with Wilson, desperate to get the sound of the clock ticking, out of her head. “I don’t…know. I don’t
- didn’t think it would work this time!” she replied, her voice shaking just as badly as she was.
She felt like such an unintelligent fool for doing what she had done. What was going there your he-
ad?”
her mind scolded her, hardly making any sense at all.

Slowly, Keera began to calm, though the shaking didn’t cease and she hadn’t yet opened her eyes.
She buried her face in the front of Wilson’s robes, her hands covering her ears, “Idiot…” she hissed
at herself. That’s some bad luck, kiddo, but for the record, I told you not to do it…
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Thu May 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Wilson kept holding her, firmly. As she said that, he moved her away, stretching his arms. He looked at her carefully. He felt sympathy for her, that kind of sympathy that drew some peculiar emotions with it. He took her arms from her ears and let them slide down. He raised her head and looked at her. ''My dear, you need to relax, you need to calm down. I am here, I won't leave, whether this works or not.'', he explained, solemnly.

''You are not an idiot, my dear and do not attack yourself because of this little incident. You are smart, intelligent and beautiful and you do not deserve such a description by your name. I shan't allow that!'', he said, embracing her once more. ''Just relax'', he said, holding her.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Thud Thud… Thud Thud… Thud Thud, Keera’s heartbeat slowed to it’s usual pace. She opened
her eyes and blinked a few times to clear her blurry vision. It was over, all she had to do now as
convince herself that everything was going to be fine. She feared sometimes that the attacks wo-
uld never end, but so far, they had only ever lasted a few minutes. “I’m not going to leave”, those
words echoed in her ears, that was all she needed to hear. Keera looked up at Wilson- he was qui-
te a bit taller than she was –and nodded slowly.

More compliments. Keera couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She was silent, returning the hug,
breathing in. “Why?” she asked, one simple word that, if finished, could turn into at least ten different
questions. Why was he still there? Why was he helping her? Why- after years of not trusting anyone
at all- did she trust him? Why, oh freakin' why?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Thu May 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Yes, she had relaxed and with that, his goal was complete. But, a strange thing happened. She returned his hug. It has been long since the last time a woman hugged him, especially someone as attractive as her. But why did he do all of this? Why did he approach her and why was he so affective towards her? He is a sarcastic, emotionless bastard and yet, he is showing genuine affection towards a woman he just met.But, she was bewitching. Her looks, her intelligence and her little quirk made her that more attractive. He looked at her, smiling and putting his hand on the back of her head, gently.

''Why? Simple... I care, even more than that, the feelings are even stronger...'', he said, lowering his head so that it touched hers. ''And because I think you trust me.'', he added.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Keera couldn’t help but grin, looking him straight in the eyes. Honesty… it was such a sweet sound
to her ears and it tasted even sweeter on her tongue, it wasn’t like the taste of artificial sweetener
that usually came with each forced laugh- which was bitter and unpleasant- or the disgustingly sour
lies that were constantly on her tongue. Honesty was different, honesty was real, and she liked that.
“You’ve seen me in my worst state, how is that possible, good sir?” she asked, though it was a more
serious question, there was hint of amusement in her voice. Things were better now, she was feel-
ing better, and that was a fabulous- and rare- thing.

“Far sighted, or near sighted?” Keera asked, not bothering to stop her mind from asking the first rand-
om question that popped up within it. She raised her hand and flicked one of the lenses on his gla-
sses- not nearly hard enough to scratch it or do anything damage- and smirked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top