The Clock!? - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Clock!? - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Clock!?

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Clock!? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clock!?

Post by James William Wilson Mon May 03, 2010 8:58 pm

''That is good... the students are the most important here. And yes, by school I do mean the people in it. Although the school has a tradition, it is more important that it has students and staff then a building in the same place. I trust I shall have your support when the time comes to defend the people of the school, the people worth it. And not, this was not some idiotic attempt to recruit you for my fraction, I could not care less. The people there hate me and I do not have a better opinion of them either. I think that proves enough regarding my position there and my reason for staying here and defending the people here.'', he said, sitting next to her.

He was telling the truth. There was no reason for him to lie to her. She could be a useful ally and a very interesting person to interact with. He raised his hand and put it over her shoulder and pulled her gently over to his arm, so she wound be leaned against it. ''Why is there still doubt in you, my dear?'', he asked, softly.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 9:18 pm

“I would protect them if something were to happen that caused them to need said protection, but
I doubt I would stick around afterwards, in fact, quite a few of those students would be coming
with me- though not by force, if you have to force anyone to do anything they clearly aren’t smart
enough to see reason,” she answered, without uttering a lie. Things had calmed down a bit, and
Keera was no longer in ‘defense mode’- or at least, it wasn’t as apparent, though she was sure
a part of her would always be defensive and doubtful.

Keera stiffened at first when Wilson had her lean on his shoulder, but soon relaxed when she rem-
embered that she wasn’t in any immediate danger being near him. She looked down at the floor, think-
ing on what it was she should say in reply to is question. Why was she so doubtful? No one had
ever truly betrayed her, so why was it that she always felt the need to protect herself from everyone
who claimed to be an honest person? Had she always been that way? She couldn’t remember… “I
haven’t the faintest idea,” she admitted, a few scratchy laughs escaping her lips. She wasn't sure why
she was amused. Or perhaps she wasn't, and she simply wanted to taste the bittersweetness of an
imitation of amusement on her tongue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon May 03, 2010 9:28 pm

''They would come with you? Where to would you go? What would you do? It is a very interesting plan you have there and I would like to hear what your smart little head managed to plan.'', he said with a smile, again. Why was he so soft with her? This was unusual for him, but still, he felt good. He felt good around her.

''Well, we shall have to correct that. Either you will have an idea, or you will lose your disbelief.'', he said, laughing softly. He began cuddling her arm. ''You are a very interesting person, my dear.'', he added.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Smart? The complement surprised her; she hadn’t been expecting it at all. Keera turned her
head slightly so that she could see his face clearly. She couldn’t help but wonder if Wilson
actually thought she was intelligent, or if she was simply trying to be friendly. She tried to
push her thoughts aside for a moment; they were starting to get too loud for her liking. “I’d
make do. I know a few people that would- reluctantly –give me and anyone else I brought
along, a place to stay. As for what we would do, well, we would prepare ourselves for
whatever was to come, and to take action, of course,” Keera replied, she felt too vulnerable
speaking her ideas aloud like that, but Wilson already knew enough to where it didn’t matter
how much else she said at that point. “I like your logic,” she replied with a lopsided grin.

Interesting. It was another unexpected compliment, and though she had just received on mo-
ments prior, she was still caught off guard. Interesting was a word she had never heard any-
one call her; weird, odd, disturbed even, but never interesting. Her expression softened as
she scanned his face, he wasn’t mocking her, he was being honest, and she hadn’t a clue what
to say in reply.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon May 03, 2010 10:09 pm

His glasses got a little foggy. ''Excuse me for a moment.'', he said while he took his arm of her and took a small handkerchief from his pocket. he took his glasses off and cleaned them a little. He never liked when his glasses got foggy or dirty and he still use that funny Muggle was of cleaning them. He really liked Muggles. He returned the handkerchief into the pocket, put the glasses back on and continued cuddling her arm. ''I never liked when the glasses got foggy. There is not better place than a place given to you reluctantly. I have always said that. But, you are aware that some of the might not finish their education here when that moment comes. And, would you have enough members to prepare yourself for an action that has yet to come, my dear?'', he asked, thoughtfully.

''You seem to be a little stumped by my speech? I presume I haven't said anything wrong, which means that you are stumped by my positive compliments. Why?'', he asked, smiling again.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:34 pm

Keera tried to stifle her laughter when Wilson took his foggy glasses off to clean them, but failed
miserably. She tried to mute said laughter by covering her mouth with one of her hands, and it
seemed to work well enough. She stayed like that until the fit ended and she was able to speak
again. Keera was all too amused by the dorkiness of his quirk, though she wasn’t one to talk
when it came to quirks and habits.

“You seem so sure that that day with actually come- and by the way you are speaking of that
day, it sounds as if you were already preparing for it’s arrival,” Keera wondered aloud. She was
feeling a little fidgety being so close to Wilson, every time he touched her arm she flinched, and
it took her a few moments to relax again, though she knew it was only her nerves getting the be-
st of her.

“I have already begun taking action, though I am sure I will have my regrets, I do not plan on giving
up. When I set my mind to something…” but she didn’t finished her sentence, she figured that was
enough said, he would surely understand what she meant.

“Curiosity killed the cat,” Keera replied simply as a way to avoid his question; it sounded to…whi-
ney to say that she had received far more insults than compliments. Wilson had already seen her
in her worst, the last thing she wanted to do was drive him away with complaints; she needed
allies within the school, even if she didn’t want it to be that way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue May 04, 2010 1:35 pm

''Well, people always seem to find this action humorous, although I never found out why.'', he said with a light laugh. As he was cuddling her hand, he moved a little to her head and started cuddling her hair. He pretty little head just felt good on his hand. He cuddled her gently.

''Am I certain? Yes, I am 100% certain that that day will come and that will be very soon. I cannot say the precise date, but it will be very soon. And I have to be prepared, it is not going to be a picnic, but a really tough challenge for all of the people taking part in it. I am a realist and I always say it is better to know and prepare yourself then to know and hope idiotically that you can avoid it, when there is no chance for it.'', he said. ''Well, it is good to be so firm in your decisions, my dear, but what exactly are you planning to do with those children. You should remember that they, still, are nothing but mere children, irrational, weak, but with the ego of a Colossus, thinking that they have proven themselves to the world.'' , he added.

He laughed slightly at her last reply. ''Yes, but I am a very slick cat. Agile, quick and capable of avoiding death even more than nine times.'', he replied.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Keera breathed in sharply, this was too close for comfort for her. She held still as she felt Wilson
run his fingers through a strand of her frizzy, untamed hair. Her stomach did a sickening back flip
and she had to fold her hands to keep from swatting him away instinctively; the last person to
get close to her had been a total fake, using her for her money and her looks. She blinked, she had
completely forgotten about the man and it hurt to suddenly have those memories wrapping thems-
elves around her brain, like an anaconda choking its prey. She realized she had been holding her
breath for a bit and let the air exit her lungs with a quiet whoosh. Such a reaction to something
as small as being comforted- which was what she assumed the reason for Wilson’s affection was
- was foolish, and Keera couldn’t keep herself from rolling her eyes. She just needed to relax, no
one was out to ruin her.

Desperate to trust someone for once and just forget about caution, Keera shifted slightly so that her
cheek was rested against Wilson’s chest. Her instincts told her to move away from him and protect
herself as they usually did, but she took a deep breath and shoved her thoughts out of her ears
successfully. “So which of you is to make the first move then? If you are so certain things are going
to make a turn for the worst, are you going to just let the opposing side start it up- which would give
them a better chance of winning, might I add,” Keera asked curiously. All this talk about an attack...
it really got her thinking. Would she be able to put aside all of her plans and beliefs to stand up for th-
ose that couldn’t defend themselves? And if not, would she be able to get over the guilt that came
with betraying those that she had acquainted? She furrowed her eyebrows, she wasn’t sure. Per-
haps she could accomplish what she had come back to Hogwarts to do before that day came- but
Wilson said that day would be soon, so the possibility of things working that way wasn’t likely.

“Is that so? But what happens when you get tired of the fact that you can’t die?” she asked, testing
him, curious herself. She was interested in his logic to say the least; it was much different than that
of any other person she had previously acquainted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm

''My battle approach was always opposite. Let the opponent attack, let him make the first step thinking that he is going to surprise you. That he is going to have the upper hand in it. But, in the meantime, prepare, prepare a counter-attack and then crush them. Fool them into thinking you do not know anything and then defeat them. I think it is a rather logical approach.'', he said. Was he really comforting her? Or was it something else, something deeper? Maybe it was just an affective reaction, but maybe it was affection? Why and what?

''I still haven't gotten to that point, though, but when I would, at one point in my life, come to that point... what would I do? No, I would not kill myself, that would be a waste of my life and the life of others. That would just be irrational. I would probably go behind the curtains, live like an old man with red silk sleeping robes, pipes and old books. That would be a point where I have tried and faced all, where there is nothing new and nothing interesting to explore. I would just go to my old sofa and die in piece. And you? How would you react?'', he asked, cuddling her cheek with his fingers for a moment and then returning to her arm.

''What is your opinion on love?'', he asked. No, wait! He should not have asked that.... but it is too late, isn't it?
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:50 pm

“In that case, I would never win against you, for, I would be one of those foolish
enough to strike first,” Keera replied, “though I now know your battle strategy, so
that might not be entirely true.” A smile graced her lips after she spoke, she didn’t
know why, but for some reason she wanted to put him in the position of distrust
that she was in. Perhaps she wanted to know how he would react to such a bot-
hersome thing- which was all suspicion really was; bothersome.

Keera could hear his heartbeat with her head on his chest that way. It was an odd
feeling, being so near someone, so near in fact that she could hear the faint patter
of his only life source. Wilson’s answer took her a bit by surprise, he was actually
rolling with it, as if he was claiming he actually did have more than nine lives; she
had expected him to simply chuckle and dismiss the question. She smirked, “Oh, &
would you wish for no one to find your body there? Wouldn’t the thought of you dy-
ing, completely unnoticed, bother you? I’ve always wanted to die after I’ve made my
name, so that to be remembered, to be mourned for, but that is a result of loneliness,
I presume,” she replied, the fact that the two of them were speaking so casually abo-
ut death amused her quite a bit, but it also didn’t come as much of a surprise; fearing
death wasn’t necessary after you’d been through enough.

“Love?” Keera asked, the word taste fowl on her tongue and she couldn’t keep hers-
elf from scrunching up her nose out of distaste. She had only ever been ‘graced’ by
the company of that hyped up emotion once, and had learned from that one time that
falling in love was like walking into a trap with a blindfold on, meaning, you were hope-
less the second you admitted you were in fact, in love. It was a very touchy subject
for Keera, because unlike death, Keera had actually experienced it before. She was
silent for a moment as she let answers form themselves within her mind. When she
opened her mouth again her expression was blank “It is a dangerous thing, more dan-
gerous than any other power anyone could possibly possess," she replied.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top