The Clock!? - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Clock!? - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Clock!?

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Clock!? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Clock!?

Post by James William Wilson Sun May 02, 2010 2:39 pm

''Potions!? A good guess, indeed. It is my area of expertise, along with the subject I am teaching, but as you may deduce, it is not my primary subject. Yes, I have taught Potions, some time ago, but now I am concentrated on my primary subject. The thing is that my expertise is equal in both Potions and my current subject, but the latter seems to be more liberal, speaking in class organization terms, which is why I always apply for it first. When I came here, I got Muggle Studies as a subject, but they canceled it after some time and I, finally, got the subject I wanted from the beginning.'', he replied.

''Yes, you truly cannot be completely sure. But still, this was a wild guess, it is probably just a pure psychological interest. I do sometimes have the craziest of theories, my dear, don't I?'', he exclaimed, smiling. (If you watch Law & Order: CI... just imagine Goren during examination and this would be it :-D) He looked at her and observed her well. Either he was correct or very near the truth, but whatever she did, if it was not against his own views, he would not cause her problems. If she could be a little bit useful in fighting the Death Eaters, he would not give her up. And, she did interest him. He smiled once again. ''You seem to be debating with yourself? Could I be helpful?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 7:53 pm

“It could prove to be very useful to be good with potions, unfortunately, the only potions I was
ever talented with were poisons or sleeping draughts,” Keera agreed, nodding her head. She
ran a hand through her hair and looked around the greenhouse. Several of her thoughts were
battling each other in her skull and it was creating one hell of a headache. She pressed three
of her fingers to her forehead and blinked a few times. It aggravated her so that she couldn’t
have a normal conversation with anyone without being interrupted by her thoughts. It was as
if they were against her or something, which even she knew, was suppose to be impossible,
though it seemed logical after all the trouble her own thoughts- and mind –had already caused
her.

Keera spun In a circle for a short moment as listened to James’ words, hoping that maybe mo-
vement would rid her of her headache. “Psychological?” she asked, stopping abruptly; she didn’t
like it when people brought up psychology, in fact, the subject scared her to no end. She was
terrified of judgment, of being told that she was just another loon and then being shunned, and
that was normally what came from psychology. Then it clicked. This man was observing her,
taking in her every word like some sort of judgmental sponge, and she suddenly found herself
feeling suffocated. “Perhaps we could talk another time,” she suggested, stumbling over words,
her eyes betraying her sudden nervousness. She was tired of being told what she was, &
she was terrified of figuring out what was really wrong with her.

Within a few seconds Keera had managed to make it as far away from James as possible, her
back to one of the greenhouse walls, her face turned away from him, as if he would just disapp-
ear if she didn’t look at him. Something about the way she stood so close to the wall with scared
eyes made her look almost exactly like the little, thirteen-year-old girl that she used to be, and it
was a weakness she couldn’t stand. Fear was weakness, everyone knew that, everything
knew that, but unfortunately, it was something that only the strongest people could live without,
and Keera was not one of them. She still had her weak points that anyone could aim at, causing
her to break down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun May 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Wilson was quite bewildered seeing her reaction. Yes, he could have anticipated that, that much was clear, but not now. Not at this precise moment. He had not said anything that would provoke such a reaction from her. She ran somewhere deep inside the greenhouse and he just stood there. Usually, he would just leave, but he did not want to, not just yet.

The greenhouses were a little darker these days. Both Sprout and Longbottom kept their Greenhouses illuminated, but it seems that the things here change along with the time. The moodier the situation gets, the moodier the space is. He took his wand and used it to illuminate his path.

He finally found her. She did look beautiful, in a strange way, backed to the wall like that. He checked her arms. She was not armed. That was good. He approached her and put the light out. He looked at her, smiling for a few moments. He raised his hands and took her head and raised it so that she faced him, looked him in the eyes directly. ''Are you alright, my dear?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Keera just about jumped when she heard Wilson’s footsteps, she had expected him to
leave, that was what all of them did, all of the people that ever met her eventually just
left when things got too ‘weird’ for them to handle, and so it shocked her when she found
out Wilson was still present. She stared at the other side of the room silently, her arms
bent and pulled close to her chest.

The gleam of the man’s lit wand disappeared, and that section of the greenhouse was
once again consumed by shadows. Towards the far end of the greenhouse was darker
due to the fact that the glass ceiling there was replaced by a few planks of wood; that
section of glass had been smashed into at one point or another, and the only sun that
was able to filter through, came from the lower side windows.

She knew Wilson was standing right before her, but his touch still made her flinch. He
turned her face towards him and she had no other choice but to look him in the eyes. “I
am not a- well- I” she replied, trying to put her words together in a way that would make
sense. She wanted to express her opinion on the matter, she wanted to tell him how ve-
ry much she hated- feared- being analyzed, but it was an opinion she had never voiced,
and therefore, had trouble getting it out of her mouth.

Keera examined his smile and wondered if it was one of mockery or if it was genuine.
She fidgeted slightly and pressed her back harder against the wall, her eyes darting acr-
oss his face, she was desperately trying to read his thoughts by his expression, but she
was unable to due to her own fear. “Stop that,” she ordered- well, at least her voice soun-
ded firm rather than shaky or raspy. She was ordering Wilson to stop analyzing her, but
she didn't finished her sentence; she was sure he would know what she meant, & what
he was doing to her already screwed up mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun May 02, 2010 10:16 pm

He closed his eyes and took a breath. ''It seems that you misinterpret some of my traits. But still, I shall cease it.'', he said. She was disturbed, but she was also a challenge. And he liked challenges, which means that he would not give up. He let go of her, gently and looked around the darkness. They were alone here, no one would come, no one would be so strange to search for them here. He took his wand again and illuminated the space. He needed to see her precisely.

''My dear... you tell me, it seems that it would be better if I let you talk. What do you want? What do you need? It seems that all my tries get misinterpreted, which means that I should have to let you speak. What, just tell me that....'', he said, taking her hands, gently.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 11:09 pm

“You’re another one of them,” she replied, though it sounded more like she was talking to herself.
She could hear her heartbeat in her ears as it thudded against her chest. What a dramatic turn this
little meeting had taken; the atmosphere was tense and Keera was backed against the wall,
eyeing Wilson like he was some type of dangerous snake. “There are people that like to take note
of everything that is wrong with my mind and decide whether or not I’m crazy. Judgment, is a very
dangerous and terrifying thing at the same time, sir, you must know that, after all, you are a very
smart man,” she replied, looking down at his hands which were touching hers lightly, comfortingly.
Oh how confused she was. One minute she could have sworn that this man wanted nothing more
than to wreck her, and then the next, she was sure he was on her side.

“Why are you truly here? Do you really believe that a third fraction would be possible? Or are you
as good as lying as I have learned to be?” she asked, looking back up at his face. She couldn’t rem-
ember the last time she had asked so many questions, but she needed the answers, she was too
confused just to drop it and forget about all of what Wilson had said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun May 02, 2010 11:24 pm

''If there is one thing I fought against in life, it is becoming one of them, whoever they might be. You will learn, in do time, that I am completely different than the rest. That is what the people close to me have taught me. And regarding Judgment... you are either sane or crazy, regardless of what I want or think, which automatically means that you do not have to worry about that. What you should pay attention to is what people think of you after they have deduced one thing or the other. If they leave, they are a lost case, if they stay, you should tend to start trusting them step by step.'', he said. ''And what I want? Why I came here? I came here to meet a very interesting person, and that is whom I met. I have not known what your goal is... I have found out, but I have not known before-hand, which makey my only motive for coming here... you.'', he said, putting his hands on her shoulders. ''And a third fraction... I have seen a lot of fractions during my life time and... they were all possible, but it all depends on the leadership, but if it is good... it is possible. Also, it all depends whom you fancy more, the Order or the Dark Army, regardless of your true allegiance... you need to stand on one of the sides when the time comes.'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Keera kept a straight face for a moment after Wilson had finished talking, pondering
over all of the information she had just retained. You.Were.Wrong. Admit it, Keera
ordered herself, wrapping her arms around her midsection as she stood there. No,
because It could be an act
, her mind replied as stern and stubborn as usual. Keera
didn’t know it, but her expression gave away the fact that she was having an internal
debate, and was no longer blank and unreadable like she would like it to have been.

Not everyone is as much of a compulsive liar as I am.
You’ve never trusted anyone before and it is because of that that you have made it this far
He didn’t leave. They always leave. This is new- he maybe be observing me, but he isn’t judging me
No, no. He is judgmental, everyone is, the only difference is he told you not to care
That is advice I should take
Yes, yes it is. Now get away from that wall and give him a nice big hug!
What!?
It was a joke…

Keera slowly pushed herself away from the wall so that she was standing before
Wilson, no longer in fear of what might be going through his mind. He had stated himself
that his opinion on her sanity didn’t matter, and that she should…trust those who didn’t
leave her after they saw who she really was. Wilson didn’t leave. Not yet, at least.

“I’ve tried choosing between the two sides, once, it didn’t work out too well,” she replied,
recalling her years at Hogwarts when both the Death Eaters and the DA members had tried
to collect her as their own. “The people of the ‘dark side’ think that everyone that isn’t pure-
blood must be destroyed, they, are wrong. There were muggles more powerful then Vold-
amort, people that even he would have nightmares about. The only reason they want to
destroy the muggles and all like them is because they are afraid of being called ‘second be-
st’,” Keera stated, it felt good to let those words fall from her tongue after stitching up her
lips for such a long period of time. “As for this Ministry, and the Order and all of those peop-
le, they believe that we witches and wizards should always be hidden from the nonmagical
people. They, are also wrong. We’ve been sorting people by their bloodlines for so long,
and yet, it would be so much easier to just divide the whole of the world into two categories
of the powerful and the weak!” at this point in her little speech she realized what she was
doing; she was actually admitting that she was at Hogwarts for no other reason than to
gather powerful students.

Look at what you’ve done…

Keera looked directly into the man’s eyes, and something flashed within hers- Fear? No,
fear was always clear in her facial expression, this was something that could only be seen
in her eyes. Was she really pleading with him? Begging him to keep all of what she had said,
a secret? Why, of course not… that would be silly. Keera Mast didn’t beg. At least, she didn’t
used to. Not when things were normal and she hadn’t any phobias at all.

[Note: Sorry about the super-duper crappy formatting Razz]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon May 03, 2010 6:51 pm

It seems that she was done. She said everything she needed to say, thereby confirming all of his suspicions. But, the interesting thing was that he was not bothered with her point of view. Yes, she was, in a way, against some of his views, but they had a common enemy - the Dark Army. He hated the Ministry, which meant that he just didn't care. The fact that she disliked the Order was a mere circumstance that could be neglected, at least from his side. She could be an useful ally in the forthcoming battle, since the main goal was to drive Majere and the Dark Army out of the castle and then, later, see whose ideological views shall achieve victory. He looked at her and smiled.

''Well... that is is, is it? Fine, my dear. You have your views, you have your ideas and I shall not be the one to disrupt or sabotage them in any way. The only thing I have to add is the fact that you should keep this fact in mind: do not harm the students and always protect them from harm. I am a member of one fraction, I shan't lie, but I do not care for their views that much. I am a professor at Hogwarts, a pupil of the late Dumbledore, the late Lupin and Snape and if they have taught me one thing it is that, as a professor, I need to protect the school. That is why I am still here. My affiliation does not reflect my own views that much, which is why you can have me as an ally. Our common goal here, in a short time, which you will realize yourself very soon, since I should not say anything more, is to protect the students, I trust and then take our own, personal vendetta against anyone. I am glad we have cleared this up, I am glad that you trust me enough to admit that, my dear. Is there... anything else you would like to add?'', he finished, finally with another smile.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 8:01 pm

She had to admit, she was feeling quite embarrassed over her little episode, but it wasn’t a new fe-
eling, so she wasn’t all that surprised. She was constantly making a fool of herself, even at times
when she did not notice she was doing so. Keera slid down the wall with a sigh until she was sitting
on the wood that made up the greenhouse floor. She started peeling the thin layer of red polish from
her nails simply to give her something to stare at as she listened to Wilson’s words. So he was a part
of one of the two sides, and by the sound of it, he wasn’t a part of the Death Eater business- though
she could have expected as much.

“I do not plan on harming any of the students; it would be a waist of a brilliant mind if one of them were
to die or… lose there sanity. In fact, I believe that they should complete there schooling here at Hogw-
arts before anything else,” she replied, resting her arms on her knees as she looked up at him. “Will I
really? Sir, I trust that you understand that I am not interested in protecting this school- I would, however,
be more than willing to protect the brilliance within it,” Keera replied, though it wasn’t in her usual pushy
tone of voice, it was more in a way of stating her opinion, an opinion that mattered quite a bit to her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top