N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 6 - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 6 - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 6

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 6 - Page 4 Empty Re: N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 6

Post by Landon Rooney Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Landon was late. This wasn't good.

Professor Wilson already had a personal vendetta against Landon and that was without the Slytherin being tardy for his class. He'd probably get some points docked off, as well as get called Bond. Although, to be honest, Landon had done a bit of research on this James Bond fellow. Even though he was a muggle icon, the guy was pretty bloody cool. A secret agent who kills the bad guy and always gets the girl in the end? Yes, please. So now Landon knew it was something to which he should take offense, even if Wilson had intended for it to be that way.

Walking into the classroom he noticed that all of the tables and chairs were in the corner, creating space for dueling. Even if Landon apologized for being late, he was positive he'd be getting points taken away from the Slytherin house. And to be honest, he wasn't really all that sorry he was late. The less time he had to spend around Wilson the better.

"Sorry I'm late Professor," he commented rather loudly before walking over towards his cousin Sophia who was talking to a couple of people he didn't recognize. He grinned at her, "Hey Sophia," and also gave a nod of greeting towards the others he didn't really know.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:15 pm

“Adam Lyfelde, sir.” He said easily. Adam knew the Professor probably felt a little bit put out. Not many professors had to try and teach a blind student. Adam knew his mother struggled enough and she wasn’t even a qualified professor. He was grateful but there wasn’t really much he could do in the lessons unless he was doing some practical things. Working on theory was useless because Braille definitely wasn’t Adam’s strong point. In fact, he hated it which was why he didn’t often read but chose instead to listen or play music. “Well, I am pretty confident. I’ll give it a go. I might prove to be able to hold my own in a duel.” Adam wasn't sure, in fact he was pretty nervous. His mother never wanted him to be involved with any fights whether Muggle or magical and it seemed as if he needed to do it. Well, it was Defense against the Dark Arts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:15 pm

''Well, boy... I will allow you to try, but... I doubt that you will be able to do much. I do hope you will be more able to do practical stuff. This is something to change the routine.'', Wilson said to Adam. He saw Landon enter, but did not want to call him out instantly.

He turned to him. ''Bond, you are here. Late! But, I did not expect anything less. Sloppy as always. But tell me, lad, how are you today? How is the girl you stalk while she is playing the violin? Has Bond managed to kill Dr. No and still get the girl?'', he asked Landon.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Okay, so how had he known about Amelia? That was a little creepy. Landon looked at him suspiciously but thought that everything else Wilson had said was slightly humorous. He got a chuckle out of it anyways but dared not let the amusement play out via facial expressions. "Oh I'm doing just fine Professor, I hope you are as well." Ignoring the comment about Amelia he launched forward, "And Dr. No is old news sir. I took care of him a while ago," he replied jokingly, though trying to keep his tone serious. "I'm after Jaws these days." Landon had found the villain of Jaws particularly interesting mainly for obvious reasons though: his size and his teeth.

Maybe Wilson would warm up to him eventually. Maybe not. Landon wasn't going to waste too much time or energy worrying about it. He still couldn't help but wonder how exactly the professor knew about his encounter with Amelia. It had been private...or so he had thought. Surely she didn't have a close relationship with this guy?
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:11 pm

''Jaws? Why him? He is so... stupid. You should have went after Godlfinger and still, Anya Amasova does not fit the description. Honey Rider would fit the description more, wouldn't you agree?'', he asked, standing up.

''Now... let us start. As you could have seen, unless you are total morons, today's class is reserved for dueling. You all know the definition of dueling and how dueling is conducted so I am not getting into that. What I would like you to do is to choose a pair to duel with. I will choose only one... Bond, you pair up with Poe. The rest of you usurpers, except you boy, choose your pairs.'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Oh great, Belle thought. She was not a top dueler and never really had been, but this time it was for a grade so there was not getting around it. She went over to Mari, "Um care to be partners Mari?" She asked and waited for the girl's reply.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:22 pm

"Yeah sure Belle..." said Mariana with a sigh realizing this is going to be one long class so she drew her wand out of her pocket realizing she is going to look at Wilson for longer then she intended to. "After you.." she said as she placed her wand in line with her face and bowed.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:44 pm

Christy looked over at Soph, "Want to partner up with me Soph?" she asked curiously. She knew it would be bad to partner up with her cousin because they would know the other's every move so her best friend was the next option.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:42 am

Belle nodded and drew her wand from the holder on her right thigh and followed the lead of holding it before her and taking a bow. "I have to warn you Mari I am not very good at this, I hope you will not think me incompetent."

She was not sure if there were any specific spells they were to use so she turned back to Professor Wilson. "Excuse me sir, but are there any specific spells you wish us to use, or is this just to gather how much we know and how well we use them on spot?" She asked.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:24 am

Adam sighed. He gathered that he was going to be known as boy from now on but one couldn’t be too sure. He had a feeling the Professor meant him but he could have been off. Adam ran his hand through his hair and bit his lip. Acting in classroom situations or even being in a classroom situation with others – it was all lost on him as he’d never had the experience. Adam looked in the direction of the professor and raised his hand a little. “Um... sir? Who am I going to duel with if I’m not meant to get a partner?”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top