The Splintered Dreams - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Splintered Dreams - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Splintered Dreams

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Splintered Dreams - Page 8 Empty Re: The Splintered Dreams

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Cordell chuckled "ok as long as you eat, that kid in ya needs food " he said finishing his own food he lay back "yeap, but ya just have to keep going." his voice sofened as he looked at his ring "I know all too well about that, ya miss him don't ya" he asked "I know the look , got it ma self" he clentched his fist " so how long?" he asked tryng to steer it away from his loss as she already know about it "let me take a guess, couple of weeks and hes still not back yet" he looked at her this time seeing himself in her face and he sighed "aw yea i know about it" he took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:20 pm

'That's almost exactly right," she said, transfiguring the plate of unappetizing food to her favorite wine broth. She did work on the broth. It did actually taste good to her. She wanted some of her mother's hand cooked broth, though. She called for Archangel with a short little whistle. It brought him at once, gliding in to perch on the footboard of the bed. It also brought one of the healers. She asked for paper and a pen. She wrote a note and handed it to Archangel. "Take this to Katherine," she told him. He screeched at her in response. It made her smile. He gripped the note in his talons and flew off.

"I'm tired of conjured broth," Khaat sighed. "I want the real deal. Nobody makes it like my mother. Cordel, I don't know how I fell into being a friend with you so fast, but somehow I did. I appreciate it. I"m glad you're here. Just so you know, I don't do this with every patient I have."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23616
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Laying on the bed he heard ehr whistle and watched as the eagle he had seen two days before flew in and prched onthe end of her bed "ya know i will never get use to seeing one of those up close, there such a majesic bird , how did you come to have one?" he asked watching her give i t a piece of paper and then fly back out the way it came. He smiled when she said she wanted the real deal.
Then he listened as she said she didn't know how she had become freinds with him so fast "I guess its because we both see a bit of each outher in each other" he sighed and closed his eyes once more

" The promise Creator gives us

Comes with every new day,

The gift of breath, the gift of life,

Opportunities in a vast array.

How do we count our blessings,

Through the choices life can bring?

Is it through joyful lessons?

Or the fears to which we cling?

Are we learning to show gratitude,

For the victories over human pain?

By honoring the feeling choices,

We grasp the will we've regained.

Can we change our focus,

With no need to defend?

Acknowledging joy and sorrow,

Without judging foe or friend?

Tomorrow promises the fullness

Of every human way to know:

How we master each challenge

Determines our balance -

reflecting how we grow.
" he said softly his breathing now soft as if meditating on the bed his hands lay ether side of him palms up, this was his rutine apart from the laying bed he would normaly do it sat cross legged on teh flor but since he could not he just lay there

((The Promise of Tomorrow- Jamie Sams ))
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:31 pm

"That's beautiful," Khaat said softly. She did recognize a meditative position when she saw it. She knew it would help him rest even though he would be very alert. She was fine with that. So long as he rested. She closed her eyes, not terribly excited by any more of the conjured broth, when she heard a wand crack down the hall near her office. It sounded like her mother.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Katherine arrived with a large thermos of hot homemade broth. She had known hours ago when Khaat had been hurt and had known to make a fresh batch of broth. She didn't always know how she knew, but she knew it would be needed, so she had made it. She followed Khaat's energy signature and was a little surprised to see her sharing a room with a strange man. Katherine went over to Khaat and hugged her. "What happened this time?" she asked Khaat. "A tangle with a monster. Well, a man under a spell to be a monster. I think I got too close, "Khaat said, slightly sheepishly. "Got you in the head, did he?" Katherine brushed her hair. "Well, your father is doing a fine job with it. I brought your broth. Somehow I knew I'd need to make a fresh batch of this today. Here." She poured Khaat a fresh cup. "Who is your friend, Khaat?" she asked.

"Oh! I am so sorry! Mom, this is Steven Walker, Cordel, this is my mother, Katherine Lupin." Khaat made introductions. She knew that if she had not had that knock to the head she would have remembered her manners. "And you're roommates?" Katherine asked. "I'm not staying," Khaat said, "I'm just resting. And Cordel's room is across the hall. He's just keeping me company."

Katherine looked at Cordel and saw a flash of a vision showing her the deaths of his wife and child. "I am very sorry for your loss, Ranger Walker." She said softly. "I am quite sure that Khaat will be a great help to you in your quest when you are on your feet again."

Khaat saw the somewhat stunned look on Cordel's face. "She's an excellent seer," Khaat explained.
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Cordell looked at he white haired woman who walked in the room he felt better from his meditation , when Khaat introduced her he smiled "pleasure Maam" he said nodding to her but when she mentined his family he just nodded again pushing the feelings he had at that moment deep inside himself as he loked at her some what stuned , looking at Khaat she explained her mother was a seer angood one "yes, excuse me maam for saying, but you must be a very good one if you can pick upon that just from walking in the room." he shifted on the bed moving his foot from side to side then bringing his leg to his chest he placed it back down "dagnabit, cramp"
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Khaat sat up, and her mother bolstered her so Khaat could lay her hand on Cordle's leg. "Stop it," she said quietly. She left her hand there a moment until the cramp quit. THen Katherine helped Khaat back over to the bed. "You really did hit your head, didn't you?" Katherine asked, "I think," Khaat said, "I don't remember." "Well, no wonder your father has you off your feet. Come back and drink your broth and get some rest." She helped Khaat lay back down on the bed and helped make sure she got a full large mug of the broth. "Khaat, I know this is probably the only thing that will sit in your stomach for a day or so, but my dear, you are getting so thin. You cannot expect Abbey to tolerate this for long. Your father and I are very worried. You cannot live in this situation with Rob forever. You're going to have to come home with us for awhile or you may well lose Abbey altogether. "
"I know. Daddy told me," Khaat said softly, her head really searing now. Katherine closed her eyes and sent for Robert with her seer's powers. Robert apparated back in. When he saw his spell was not holding, he frowned deeply. He simply went over and laid her back down against the pillows and sent a deep, heavy sleep charge through her, sending her instantly into a deep sleep. "She's fine, Cordel, " Robert looked at him, "But she really does have to sleep off this pain."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Feeling his cramp leave he ws relived but then he watched now her whole family in the one room , he looked concerned when Khaat fell into a sleep but ehr father told him she was fine "you know that ain't gonna last long?" he said blunt"shes honry and if she don't want to do it she won't, you can't keep your eyes onher 24/7 ya know" he said siting up to put a pillow behind his back again. He looked over at her and chuckled "shes too much a ditlihi, a worrior" he sid sitting back into his meditation position "she will fight this all the way no matter what, if this Rob isn't going to look after her or can't, she'd stop no matter what ya do" he turned to look at them "its what I'd do"he said smirking as he closed his eyes once more
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:45 pm

"Oh, I know," Robert sighed. "It's not a new problem. But we'll manage somehow. She will be fine. I'll keep a firm eye on her. I have to. Her baby depends on it. If she does not start taking care of herself, her baby will die and she will have a miscarriage. I have no choice. I try to give her a lot of choices in her life, but this time I just can't. If I do, her baby will die."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:53 pm

Cordell sighed as he meditated , he wanted to help but at the same time what could he do he was recovering himself and as such unable to do anything but give his opinion "what she needs is some one who can keep an eye on her when your not around" he said with out thinking "a body gard more for the childs sake, somew one who is not afraid to tell her off "he said slowling his breathing down his muscles relaxing as he sat on the bed his legs now crossed in front of him but he could not concentrate, he wanted to be up on his feet and working again he wanted to get back into his martail arts they would take his mind off being stuck in a room in a hospital.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top