The Splintered Dreams - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Splintered Dreams - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Splintered Dreams

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Splintered Dreams - Page 7 Empty Re: The Splintered Dreams

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:12 pm

feeling a movment steven sat upright his reation was to fight, but on looking around he saw Khaat moving on the bed "just lay still, Khaat , you took a nasty blow to your head" he said standing slowly up "seems the doctors now the pationt" he looked down at her reatching out he brushed some hair from her face "your father said he'd be back soon, so i'd sugest you heed some of your own advice and stay still" he lent on the bed but after amoment sat back down in the chair breathing hard he hadn't realised just how much the walking had took out of him till now but he was not ready to leave yet, he hd realised she was just like him and thats wht he liked about her , she was straight forward and stuborn just as he was.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:16 pm

"Well," Khaat said, appreciating that he was there, "Daddy will know the instant I wake up. He'll be here very soon now I'm quite sure. There is sort of a bond between us that way. He just knows. I obviously lost that fight. Did he just get my head or did he get anything else? If all he got was my head, then I did relatively okay."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Cordell looked at her and chuckled "yeah, just your head , hardest part I'd say" he said folding his arms across his chest " your that close to him?" he asked "remind me not to piss you off or i'll have him on my case too" he shifted in the chair he now sat in the robe tight around him "you took quite a knock, but you faught well though you may want to duck next time" he smiled at he "he said you'll live, you want any thing?" he asked waiting for her to say if she needed anything.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Robert felt Khaat's return to consciousness just as if he himself had awakened. He apparated to her doorway and saw her trying to sit up and heard her remark about perhaps not doing so badly. "Well, well," he smiled, coming in, 'Welcome back." He went over and drew up her face to look at him. "Look at me," he said gently. She obeyed. "Not so bad as far as your little scrapes go. Rob would have a stroke, but well, we're used to this, aren't we?" He smiled at her. "Let me see if I can get rid of your headache a bit. Lay back so you don't fall." She obeyed and he laid his hands on her head and reduced the pain. It made her head spin even faster. She nearly blacked out. "Easy," Robert said, "You're alright. But you will have to rest. Do you want me to brace Rob for this?" "No," Khaat said firmly, "The less he knows, the better off we all are. He'll work late tonight so he won't notice." "If I let you go home tonight at all," Robert said, "We'll see. You'd better wait for help for a day or so, or people will think you've been in the pub. I want you resting and not walking by yourself today. I'll send someone with an ice pack for you. That will help." "Thank you, Daddy," she said softly. "Make sure she behaves, Cordell. I might have to put her on that bed next to yours in your room to rest, or vice versa so you can keep each other company today," Robert said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:37 pm

He looked at Robert and nodded " sure thing, Im going no were" he said grinning to both of them from where he sat "do I have you permishion to hog tie her to the bed if she won't rest , sir" he asked half joking he knew if it was him he'd want to be up and out so he also knew it would take a lot to keep her on the bed and quiet. He felt his own tired ness trying to catch up with him but faught it , he also saw the empty bed next to the one Khaat lay on "If its ok with you, sir I'll stay in here, saves moving her" if he was honest with him self he just didn't want to take that walk back to the room that he had been in and a change for him would be good.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Khaat watched Robert give his permission for Cordell to take up the other bed. He and she both saw clear through him that he was really just too tiired to go back to his own bed. It made her smile. Robert helped him to the other bed and made sure he got there safely and helped him get comfortable with a blanket and with his bed position. Then he made sure Khaat was comfortable. "If I catch either of you up before I get back, I'll hogtie you both--and yes, I do know what that means," Robert glared at them and then left.

"He does know what it means. He wasn't kidding," Khaat sighed. "And he'd do it, too, just to prove a point. As quickly as I hung you from the ceiling. Just in case you wondered. I should have blasted that little fart when that dumb young auror didn't have him secured. I messed that one up. I really am better than that, believe it or not."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Cordell was glad when Robert helped him to the other bed giving sigh as he lay down on it glad to now be off his feet andlaid down, he watched Rober t leaveand chuckled when Kheat said her father knew what he ment "good" he said sounding tired "and don't beat ya self up over it , I'm guessin he feels worse about it " he said closeing his eyes for a moment "I rember my first capture, busted my ribs good style but I learned from it and so will he" he turned to look at her "quite pullin ya self down, your a good healer " he gave a chuckle "have to be if i'm still here" he smiled to her
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:06 pm

'Thank you," she smiled. She accio'd the file on the Walker family from her desk, and when it arrived safely on her lap, she opened it and studied it, most particularly interested in the few gruesome photos of the crime scene that there were. She laid her hand on the photos to try to get a read from them, but her head really hurt. It was a huge distraction. It was hard to concentrate.

"You arrested someone with a very short fuse. Someone who...stole out a dragon and...rode him..to America. Hmm. He watched the whole thing and rode him back. You dealt with a Hungarian Horntail, didn't you? A huge one. He was stolen from the reserve and returned him again. They may not know he was even gone. The man who stole him aggitated him into what he did. It wasn't the dragon's fault, really....I'm sorry. I'm not going to get any more right now. I can try later." She sent the file back to her office with a flick of her wrist. "I don't know if that gives you any clues or not. It isn't much. Not yet."

Two assistants brought in lunch trays--one for her and one for Cordell. "Your father ordered lunch for you, Mrs. Dent," the assistant said, setting the tray near her. "Lovely," Khaat sighed heavily, bored with food and having too badly of a headache to feel like eating.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Cordel froze as she saw the file appear on her lap, he listened to what she said , he thought back to his last mission something felt odd about it now that he thought back to that day , when she said it wasn't the dragons fault he looked at her "I kinda knew that , growing up on a farm you get a feeling for animals and i knew that dragon was just scared out of its whits." he turned to look at her " Its the person behind it that I blame, and who i want strung up" he said his voice becoming quiet .

Her noticed her not intrested in the food "you eating that, coz if not then I'm up and gone" he rased an eye brow to ehr he hoped she would rember the deal she had made , he recovered in bed she ate her food
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:40 pm

She sighed heavily. "I'll try," she said softly. "But honeslty, my head still hurts. Daddy's spell didnt hold. Sometimes that happens, and if the pain is bad enough, it turns my stomach. Does it count if I transfigure it to the wine broth? I might manage that. I'm really not trying to be difficult. I just hurt." She figured she might as well be honest with him, because she already knew that two warriors could never BS each other. If they were true warriors at heart, they would be as transparent as glass to each other, and she also knew that if he was a true warrior he'd had his share of bangs and bumps too and that he understood these sorts of things were part of the job. He wouldn't threaten to leave her or give up on her altogether like Rob did, nor ask her to be something she wasn't really designed to be. But then again--was she asking that of Rob? Asking him to be something he just wasn't? She leaned back on the pillows, her own physical and emotional pain threatening to overtake her. She tried to distance herself from it. "Life stinks sometimes, you know?" she said, venting her frustration.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top