The Splintered Dreams - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Splintered Dreams - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Splintered Dreams

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Splintered Dreams - Page 9 Empty Re: The Splintered Dreams

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:08 pm

"It seems to me you're doing a fine job of it as it is," Robert said. "If you just keep doing what you're doing, then we have no problem. As you see, I have not let her on her feet yet. She may well be an overnight guest at the way she's going today. Even if I don't admit her, I probably won't let her go home. So, as long as your energy is not compromised, you can keep watch if you want to. That's fine by me. But the minute it compromises you, then I'm splitting you two up. And you know I cannot keep you two in the same room all night long. I'll take that watch. I"m used to it."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:14 pm

cordel opened his eyes and looked at him "meditation replanishes my energys and i am a light sleeper, sir" he said looking at the now sleeping Khaat "I've dealt with worse that her , sir" he chuckled "infact at the moment she's actually doing a good job keeping me here , beside i know better and would not leave here til I am well enouph, even if i did say to her i'd leave if she didn't eat, but she doesn't know that." as his eyes closed he smirked and he slipped back to his meditation "the art of missdirection" he said softly with a chuckle from the bed.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Robert left, and time slipped by while Khaat slept under her father's spell. This time it was her turn to be uprooted by a bad dream. A nightmare of Rob leaving her forever. She woke with a jolt, sitting bolt upright. She realized quickly where she was, took a deep breath to calm herself. She saw the lights were getting dim. The day was quickly passing, and she had lost most of it somehow. Sunset was here. Oh,yes. Her father's work, she remembered.

She felt a bit better, and thought perhaps it was time she got back to her own office. She still had a headache, but her father's spell was keeping the worst of the pain away now. She tossed off the blanket, wondering what laying around all day had done for her hair, her makeup, and her clothes.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Cordel opend his eyes " where do you think your going " he said turning to face her "your dad said bed rest till tomorrow" he said now turning to face her "your head will take some time to heal , just take the time to take the lead off " he said now sitting with his legs hung over the bed "beside i could use your company a might bit longer" he said smirking to her "leave the work for one day and relax , yur dad said he'd come back if you tried to leave and he sounded determind to make you stay the night" he spoke what he had understood Robert say slowly he stood up to face her , he noticed he stood slightly above her but not by much , his legs now no longer pained him when he stood taking step he placed his hand on her shoulder "I don't need to be seer to see you need rest, Time to paint your butt white and run with the antelope." he said folding his arms across his chest.

((Time to paint your butt white and run with the antelope- Stop arguing and do as you're told ))
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:58 pm

"My dad said that?" She sighed. She was licked before she started. She knew better. No one could ever beat her father. No one. "I refuse to be admitted to my own hospital for the night. I have kids to take care of at home. He knows that," she knew even as the words left her mouth that they were worthless. She hurt, she didn't feel well, and she knew she couldn't go home to Rob in this condition. Rob would leave and never come back. And what was worse, her father knew that too. It was his way of protecting her from a lot of things. She sat back down on the bed heavily, feeling defeated. It was hell for any warrior to not get their own way, especially when one was loaded with adrenalin and had no place to go with it. And Cordel saw that need she had to go and do something--go and do anything. Remus had been the only other one to really truly understand it. And he had known how to put on the brakes when she got over her head. Now, a man she had known not even 2 days understood that. Rob didn't seem to get it. Didn't seem to want to get it.

"Can I just go to my office for a minute?" she asked Cordel. "I'll be right back. I promise. I won't run any races. I'll just go there and right back."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Cordell looked at her knowingly "only if we go together, I need to streach these legs anyway that way i can make sure you don't run, yur father would have my guts for garters if you did" he said takling a step towards her "come on quicker were there the quicker we get back before yur father returns" he took another step finding now his legs didn't wobble any more, but he still went slow as he walked beside her out of the room and down the corridor to her office .

He sat down in a chair beside the door "ok , we're here, do ya stuff " he said grinning as he watched her.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Khaat moved about her office, not with her normal speed. Archangel had returned obediently to his post. She went over and stroked him. He was still her best friend. She got into an insulated bag and fed him some pieces of fish until she knew he was well fed for the night. "You know, I could just sleep in here, Cordel, " she said softly, "I've done it many times. Its where I usually sleep anymore." She picked up her black bag that held her belongings from home and motioned to Archangel. She felt a need to be close to him tonight. She shrank his perch and put it in her bag and picked up the insulated bag of food she kept for him. Archangel hopped obediently over to her shoulder and gave her a supportive nuzzle, letting her know he had picked up on her mood. She wished she could be open with Rob and share with him when she was hurting. That it wouldn't scare him and make him run when she needed to just be held. She drew up that fearless warrior strength again from someplace deep and said to Walker, "Alright. Back to our cell, I guess. Before we get caught escaping."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:37 pm

he watched her move around her office feeding the eagle then picking up a bag of things "ya could, but ya won't " he said looking at her , standing to watch her he could tell something bothered her and moved to face her "Khaat, ah shoot" he gave in and pulled her into a hug, it felt as if the hug was not just for her but that he needed one too as he felt himself relax accepting now what had happened, moving out of the hug he looked at her "think of that as hug therapy" he looked at her "Janet use to do it all the time, she was good that way." he said a slight smile on his face to show he was fine with talking to her about his family.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:13 am

She smiled softly. "Thanks. I needed that more than I thought. Okay. I give in. Lets go back before he catches up with us." She walked back slowly with him. She excused herself to go change in the bathroom. The dress clothes were getting uncomfortable. She chose instead her running sweats. Just plain gray sweatpants, a plain gray sweatshirt, and plain white slipper socks. She was feeling very tired. She wasn't sure how much longer she wanted to go through life without Rob. She wanted to give him all the time he needed but she did not understand what she had done wrong in order to make her distance from her. Maybe she wasn't worth being with. She brushed her hair to fix how disarrayed it had become. It made her feel more human.

As she exited the bathroom, her father returned. "Well, at least you're more comfortable now." He saw instantly that Rob was on her mind again. Getting to her again. "Khaat," he said softly, "You're not yourself tonight. You're suffering from a concussion. It can make anybody moody. I do magic, not miracles. You know that. You need time now. Come on. Back to bed." "Daddy, I should be sleeping in my office. Not taking up bedspace," she protested. "No. Not tonight." He flashed a packet of papers from his jacket pocket at her. She knew instantly what they were. He had admitted her without her consent. Probably while she had been unconscious and just hadn't told her. "And when were you planning on telling me about this?" she glared at him. "Oh, about now, more or less," he shrugged, unphased by her irritation, "Bed. Now." "Only if you don't tell Rob." "He knows where you work. If he were truly concerned about you and why you were here all night, he'd have stopped in. So why would I call him?" Robert said as a matter of fact, "No. I'm afraid you're stuck with me tonight, my dear. "

He tucked her into bed. He checked her again, and laid his hands on her head again. "It is persistent if nothing else," he sighed. "Get some rest. Keep an eye on her, Archangel. " He stroked the bird. He drew his perch out of her bag, made it fullsized and put it near the bed. The bird seemed far happier on his perch, and chattered a bit at Robert. "You're welcome," Robert laughed. "You both get some rest," he said to her and Cordel. "Ill be back." He left the room turning down the lights a bit.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 am

Moving back to his bed he was much happier sitting down now the walk had taking it toll, it was after he as settled back on the bed her father walked in and he listened to there conversation smirking at the fact he had already amitted her into the hospital "hey and me to" he pointed out when Robert said she was stuck with him. Pulling up the covers cordell loked at both of them a he gave a small yawn himself. He felt now it was his duty to help her as she had helped him realise and some what over come what had happened to his family, he was still not ready to remove his wedding ring yet though he knew in time he would , he had to be stronger now.

Looking over at Khaat he let his mind return to the missions he adh done each one a capture each one puttingaway a wizard who could hve reaked havoc on the muggle and wizard world, he felt his eyes drooping but h wanted to stay awake watching her making sure she got the rest she and her unborn child needed but his own fatuge slowly getting the better of him. He closed his eyes for a moment , he saw the smiling face of janet as she played with John in a prarie filled with flowers. but he opend his eyes forcing himself to shift his thoughts to new ones the image of Khaats face as he gave her a hug in her office, the relievment in her eyes at that moment. He gave a smile watching both father and daughter interact.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top