The Splintered Dreams - Page 19
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Splintered Dreams - Page 19 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Splintered Dreams

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Splintered Dreams - Page 19 Empty Re: The Splintered Dreams

Post by Steven Walker Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:35 am

He placed his plate in the sink then moved back into the dinnng room picking up his jacket he quickly put it on turning to see Khat now changed "Humm see what ya mean now" he said with a smirk glancing to robert and kathine. Moving to Khaat he smiled taking his hat he placed it on her head. "got to keep warm, ok where first?" he asked pulling up the collar of his jacket as he stepped out side into the cold air of the farm and looked around. .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:46 am

Khaat laughed at how large his hat was on her head. But she liked it so she left it, just pushing it back off of her eyes. She took him for a walk down to the barn to show him the magical creatures, the countless pygmy puffs, the numerous owls and birds that always gathered there and nearly all were either trained or in training under Katherine's expert hands. She showed him the huge, snowy white pair of unicorns. Khaat had found out that they had mated and the female was expecting a colt or a foal soon. She saved Jett, the hypogriff for last. "I know you're going to want to ride. Tomorrow. In the daylight, if you like," Khaat said. "He's gorgeous, isn't he? We've been looking for a female for him for some time. Daddy just got a notice from a family friend in Romania that they have one that might be good for Jett. We may have to go to Romania for a day or so and check her out. Actually, that might give me a chance to talk to my friend there and see if he has any information about your horntail. If anybody would know, he would."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:52 am

Cordell walked with her and lookedat all the animals she had on the farm it rminded him of his own in so many ways , he held his hand out to the unicorns and they walked over nuzzling it as he gently stroked them. Moving to the hippo griff he smiled "yea that sounds great" he smiled brawder as he gently caressed the creatures neck when she spoke of romania and the dragons he nodded to her but didn't speack for once he jst wanted to forget that part of his past, for a moment he had been himself.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:02 am

"Sorry," she apologized. "You take some time. What I am prescribing for you is to just spend some time here on the farm and get to know my parents. Get to know two of the houseguests we have for now--a friend of mine who is pregnant with twins named Jessica and her husband Jack. I want you to spend time exercising at the gym at the hospital and working on the farm, resting, eating. You've lost some weight and muscle tone by being unconscious so long. You really need to recuperate. Until I say otherwise. Now, let me show you something."

She drew out her uncle's wand out of her boot. "This is my Uncle Remus's wand. I cherish this in the same way you cherish your father's wand. And I normally carry them both. It makes me feel like I am connected with him to carry it. But I also carry my own." She showed him her own wand from her jacket pocket. "There have been many times here I have been very glad to have had both. Just consider it, would you? I don't shoot generally with both wands at once, but there's nothing wrong with carrying two."

She took him on a walk to show him the basic layout of the farm, the fields, the woods, and all the property that was Lupin property. She pointed him in the direction of the fishing village and said that it was better done by muggle car or apparating because it was not really a walking distance. But she suggested he check it out some time. "I think there is enough here for you to do that you can build up your strength with."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:10 am

Cordell heard her apology and looked at her "its ok and I thought that was yours too" he said a small smile crossing his face again " Sure will , twins, I thought one was bad, she must be a hell of a woman to go threw that" he said as they turned to carry on walking around each place he saw he knew it reminded him of home, He stopped as she puleld out wand from her boot and explained that she carried two wands"I'll keep the second wand, but i am still looking for my fathers" he knew he had given in and would probably carry both anyway it would save his fathers becoming battered and warn out. when she mentioned a fishing village his smile returned " I so have to check that out some time" he chuckled
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:32 am

"You'll enjoy it. They have a nice little pub that serves a great homemade ale that is a lot like some of your smaller independent American breweries. You might like it. And I'm sure you'll get on with the men in the village. Just remember, it is a lot like America where the wizards walk among the muggles and the muggles are none the wiser for it. You have to be really certain whether who you talk to is magical or not before you open that door with them. But I am quite sure you already can do that or you would not have the job you do. I'm positive that my parents want you to be completely at home here. So, I think you've about seen it all, Cordell, until you actually go out exploring it on your own. How's your energy level? I'm starting to get a bit tired, myself. How about you?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:00 am

He chuckled as she said about the pubs "sure , watch what I say and who i talk to, no problems " he said noticing she did look tired "I'm fine, but then again i'm not the one carrying a child am I" he said with chuckle "come on lets get back, I don't fancy havin ta carry ya back " he said smiling as they walked slowly back to the farm house.

As they walked he never spoke his thoughts returning to his farm weather he sould return or just stay in england he one thing for the moment his decishion was heer nor there as Khaat had told him he was under her cre till she saw him fit for duty in all matters. He watched as they passed the unicorns again the same one padding over to the fence as they walked past, Cordell patted its head as they passed. He sighed "do ya think... do ya think i'll ever get over them?" he asked looking at her his face now seeing drawn slightly, he could feel his own energy slipping away as he stood stoking the unicorns nose.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:02 pm

'You're asking the wrong woman, Cordel," Khaat said softly, "I will always have a deep wound where my Uncle REmus is concerned. Always. I hvae learned to not let it impact my life so much, I am learning to move forward. I am learning to have good days again, to live and love and, on some days I don't hurt all day long. But I do know it takes time. Sometimes a long time. I dont know if I will ever be over it, but I do know that i am getting a life again. And right now, its starting to feel okay to do that without guilt and pain. I don't know if that makes sense or not."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:18 pm

he listened to what she said and nodded "yea " he let his nose touch the unicorns and said good by "come on lets get back , we both need rest " he said feeling his own mucles ache after all the walking he'd done that day. " thanks Khaat" he said with a soft smile "I am trainned to help others threw this but when it heppens to you " he paused and looked at her.

Taking his arm he placed it over her shoulders and pulled her to a hug "you know that hat really don't suit ya" he said swiping it quickly back and grinning at er "I''ll get ya a proper texan hat that does fit " she said feeling happier "Khaat, Rob is a lucky man to have you as a wife" he rested his hands on her sholders as he looked down at her " I'm lucky to have you as a freind" turning he kept his arm over her as they walked back. Reatching the house he slipped his arm from around her thinking it would not do for amarried woman to be seen with a single mans arm around her even as freinds,
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:32 pm

"And I am lucky to have a new friend too," Khaat smiled. "But you now look as tired as I feel. Perhaps, we ought to go rest. You are better but not great. Not yet. Give it another couple of days and you'll feel worlds better. In the meantime, I'll send your note to your mom. I'll get it from you in the morning. Is that alright with you?" Khaat led him back into the kitchen. "Do you want something hot to warm up with?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top