The Splintered Dreams - Page 16
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Splintered Dreams - Page 16 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Splintered Dreams

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Splintered Dreams - Page 16 Empty Re: The Splintered Dreams

Post by Steven Walker Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Cordell ordered the chilly and a cup of French roast coffee looking around the cafe "reminds me of a place back home " he said smiling "ya want we could stop by there on our way back, ya did say ya dad wouldn't be long " he said watching the waiter walk back with both orders "wow smells delicious" he took a spoon full and sure enough to him it was just right "yeap this is good chilly, though could be a bit spicier" he said as he took a second spoon.

Soon he was done and pushed the bowl to one side "that hit the spot " he said taking his coffee and drinking now satisfied as he watched Khaat pleased she to was eating
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:35 pm

"Don't look so surprised," Khaat laughed. "Rob's cooking can get to me anytime. I don't care what he cooks. Just so he does it. I cook really well too, but its always better if someone else does it, I think. I really would like to see if that ice cream shoppe has any pistachio. Daddy won't care. If we time it right, he might just about be ready to leave when we get back. That should reduce your boredom. You realize you have successfully kept me away from my desk for an additional day, don't you? Daddy is going to like you a lot--just for that alone. He likes anybody that can get me to compromise." She laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:06 pm

he smiled as she explained about Robs cooking "yeah its good " he said taking a sip of his coffee "me i prefer the barbaque with ribs and steak" he said grinnng " but i can make a mean chilli " he nodded at her saying her father would like him for keeping her out of the office "your just showing me around that all " he said grinning "besides I needed air and so did you, its nice to take brake" he sat back and watched people come and go.

Standing up he placed several sickles on the table and looked at her "ma treat, I did say" he grinned st her as he opened the door for them to step out into teh alley again "now witch way to the ice cream parlor?" he asked looking in both directions , he so whated to try some proper english ice cream.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 pm

"This way," she said, pointing to the left, the opposite way from Gringotts. "About a block and a half, on the other side of the street. Not far. I sure wish you were up to running. I really need to exercise again. On the other hand, though, these stilletto heels I'm wearing are not so good for running any distance at all. I can do it if my life depends on it, but it really isn't easy or pleasant either one. Be glad that you men aren't expected to wear high heels that are this tall just for the sake of appearances. I do it for work, but I sure am more comfortable in my suede boots and my jeans and my suede jacket. You have no idea how much alike we really are, Cordell. Its almost spooky." She smiled as they walked down Diagon Alley together. "Now, I'm getting the ice cream. That's my treat. I'm the one with the craving--or rather, Abbey is. Somehow Rob has decided, from the moment he found out we were having a daughter, that her name would be Abbey. I like it. He already has this almost telepathic bond with her, and I'm only 3 months into this thing. It gets a bit weird for me to think what she's going to be like after she's born. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Cordell turned to his left and started to walk with her he smiled as she said they were a like in other ways too "ok i learned yaers ago never argue with a lady once she made her mind up , ow and never ever with a pregnant one, I lerned that the ahrd way , Janet was six months she wanted some gurkins and pickeI said nope she thumped me right across ma nose." he said grinning "aw Abbeys a cute name, and if ya don't mind me saying ya look good not even showing yet " he said looking down and her tummy "may be ya should eat more" he said smirking then he heardher say about Abbey loking like her father "they do say girls take after their mother not their father" he said as they walked soon the came to a large door way in the window sat tubs of ice cream. His eyes lit up "rocky road , I am so gonna like this place" he beamed at her as he stepped to one side so she could enter first.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:19 pm

"Thank you," she said softly. She loved how much of a gentleman he was. She hadn't actually been here in years. She scanned the menu quickly, only really interested if they had pistachio. And she found it! One of the last items on their flavors board. "One scoop of pistachio please," Khaat ordered, "In a glitter cone. Walker, you have to try the glitter cones. They're excellent. I haven't had one in years. But I'm splurging today."

She watched the server scoop up a heaping scoopful of pistachio ice cream and press it firmly into a chocolate cone that had shimmering, multicolored glitter that looked like little sparkles of dancing light. He drew forth a pink and white striped paper napkin and handed it to her with the ice cream cone. Khaat laid down enough sickles to pay for her and Walker's, both. Khaat thanked the clerk and took a lick off of the scoop of ice cream. It felt like relief to her. She hoped that Abbey would quit bugging her about pistachio ice cream now, but as divine as this tasted, she intended to finish every last drop of ice cream and every last little sparkle of glitter.

"Are you sure you don't want that in a glitter cone, Sir?" the young male clerk asked him. "She's right, you know. They really are the best. And we make them here ourselves. And with Rocky Road ice cream, it's a perfect combination. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Cordell looked at her as she licked the Ice cream nad chuckled he turned to the boy behind the counter "ok ya talked me into it , rocky road with the glitter cone" he said chuckling at the look of pure satisfactin on Khaats face. But when he licked his own he was suprided to find it was good and smiled "ya rght it is good " he said walking back to the door "ya want to sit in here or eat should we head back" he asked pausing at the door for her awnser. his cone slowy running down his handhe lifted it and licked his hand clean he ahd not had rocky road in years dns t brough back all the happy memories he'd had as schild sitting on the porch with a tub resting between his knees and a large spoon in his hand.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Khaat laughed, watching him handling his dripping ice cream cone. Khaat was managing hers without a problem, but at least Walker was giving her a laugh. He was the only one lately who could make her laugh. And right now, laughter felt like life being given back to her again. Felt like it was something she desperately needed. "Oh, I almost forgot," she said, reaching into her black shoulder bag. "I have something for you." She gave him a gold card, about the size of a muggle credit card. "This is a pass for St. Mungo's gym. You have unlimited access for the entire time you are here in England. The gym never closes, so you can go there whenever you like. " The card had his name on it, specified unlimited access, with unlimited priviledges at the gym, with no expiration date, and it specified that it had been issued and approved by Mrs. Khaat Dent.

"If you ever have a bit of problem with that, let me know right away," she told him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

he stopped and looked at her when she said she had someting for him "ya didn't have to Khaat working on the farm should be enouph but.. thanks " he said he realised his hands were all stickied he turned his back to her "ya mind slipping it in the pocket ma hands are all ice creamed up."he said licking his figers just as another drop fell onto it as he felt her slip it into his back pocket . "boy this ice creams sure is good" he said finally finishing it as they walked back towards the hospital and their room "ya know i think I am gonna to enjoy being here " he said smiling.

Wiping his mouth and hands on a paper towelhe was given he tossed it into the bin as they entered the room , he placed his hat on the bed and sat down waiting for her father "seem we're early" he said "so did ya enjoy ya self?" he asked his arms folding over his chest as he spoke.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:09 am

"I did," she smiled. "A lot. Thank you. And now that the mens shop has your sizes and what you like on file, when you need something, they will just deliver it to the farm, unless you want to pick out a certain color of shirt or something. Do you need other things, like a razor, toiletry items, other personal items? I'd be happy to pick those up for you. I didn't even ask about those things. but my parents have frequent houseguests, so they have a large stock of those things that you can certainly use until you get your bearings a bit better around here. And a wand. I don't remember whether they sent your wand with your or not. If not, Daddy or I would be happy to take you to Ollivander's tomorrow. They really are the only place in the world that I would ever trust to get a good wand. The Ollivander family has been the premier wandmakers in the wizarding world for hundreds of years. They remember every wand they have ever sold and every customer they've ever dealt with, going back almost to their beginnings. It might be nice for you to just go see what kind of a wand it the best for you. Might be interesting."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top