The Splintered Dreams - Page 21
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Splintered Dreams - Page 21 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Splintered Dreams

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Splintered Dreams - Page 21 Empty Re: The Splintered Dreams

Post by Steven Walker Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 am

He held up the folded pice of paper his home address was written on it as was his mothers name "right here, ya mind if i come with ya to work to day i face another crack at that gym" he said smiling as he handed over the letter he'd wrote that night.
he took a deep breath in and smelt somthing pleseant "nice perfum " he said waiting for her to walk with him to breack fast.
He thrust his hands into his pokets as he walked down the corridor and towards the kitchen whee he caught the faint aroma of coffee brewing "Mumm a small to wake to if ever i smelt one" he said grinning as he looked at her his boots now hitting the floor of the kitchen.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 am

Robert was also in the kitchen when they arrived. He wasn't dressed in his normal business suit. He was wearing black slacks and a black sweater, with black shoes. "Well, Cordel, " He smiled, "You do look better than when I first saw you a few days ago. Much better. I think you might make it now. And you look like you might have gotten some sleep too, Khaat."

"I did," Khaat said. "Fell asleep on the sofa." "Well, that's not the first time that's happened," Robert laughed. "Oh, Cordell, Khaat and I will be gone for a few hours this morning. I'm taking her out on an important task with me today for awhile. Sometimes a bit of backup, you know, can be a very good thing. Don't look at me with such a face, Cordel. This is not the first time I have taken such a trip. Nor Khaat's first mission either. I assure you she will be just fine."

"If you want to go to the gym, you can certainly either apparate there or take the Floo network," Khaat suggested, getting her first cup of coffee "If you're a bit insecure about it, we would certainly understand. Mom would be happy to give you either a few pointers or to go with you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:14 am

He looked at the both then to the floo "yea much a preciated " she said his nervousness aparent in his voice "never had to use these floo things before we always went every where on horse back or drove" he said making his break fast of a cup of coffee he drank his first one and felt much better the second waking him up "I think I'll just hang around here for a bit today if thats ok " he said not sure of the floo or his ability to aperate ether, he wanted to give it time before he tried and long distance aperating
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:27 am

"Sit and eat,Khaat," Robert said, watchful. Khaat obeyed, eating lightly. Her father made sure she had tea today instead of her coffee. Didn't make her happy, but she decided to llive with it today. "Don't overdo it while we're gone,"Robert told Cordell. " You're welcome to do what you want, but don't overdo it."

After eating, Khaat saw Robert readying himself to go, packing his wand. "As the muggles say, 'Lock and Load, Khaat,'" Robert told her. Khaat had both her wands. Her uncle's wand already in her boot, and her other tucked inside a black leather jacket she was going to take. Robert had an impressive looking black leather coat, and he picked it up.

Katherine looked at the two of them, "Look after each other today" "Always," Robert grinned, almost looking as though he was looking forward to the days' adventure.

Khaat looked at Cordell as she walked over to Robert, "Behave today, huh? I will know if you haven't." Robert laughed, and pulled out a large brass key from his pocket. He held it out to Khaat. She took hold of the other end of the key, and they used it together as a portkey to apparate away.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:41 am

Cordell sat drinking his coffee he wanted to take anther look around the farm . Finishing his coffee he placed the cup in the sink and headed back to his room , it was becoming easier to find te more times he went to it , grabbing his jacket and hat he headed out to walk around the farm.

Walking around the farm he found the barn with sevral bails of hay still to be put away , moving he picked one up placing it down in the pile he moved to pick up the second soon he grew hot and took off his jacket to continue. Son all th bails ere in the barn nd he felt much better fro thework taking some fee he walked over to the unicorn and let it feed from his hand.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am

Katherine followed him out to the barn to check in a new batch of pygmy puffs. they were newborns--quite a large litter this time, and these poor little waifs were multicolored. Katheriine had no idea why. She was checking to be sure they were getting the food and care they needed. they were tiny, tiny little puff balls. "You want to see the weirdest pygmy puffs you've ever seen in your life, Come see this batch of newborns we have. These little furballs seem to have arrived with their colors all mixed up. Poor things. They're sort of rainbow colored." She checked on the mother pygmy puff to be sure that she was doing well with her numerious babies.
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Cordell walked over brushing off the last of the feed from his hands " ranbow puffs?" he said smiling "gotta see that " he moved beside Kathrine and looked in and sure enouph there he saw multi collered puff balls "aww there cute" he said chuckling "do ya know how thay got that way?" he asked leaning on the wodden rail as he looked at her side on "at lest they won't get mixed up they any others, right maam" He watched as the mother nursed them and sighed "they kinda look how I feel right now , all mixed up" he looked at Kathrine hoping she would understand.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:30 pm

"Khaat went through the same thing when Robert's brother died. She and Remus were bonded from the instant Khaat was born. It was like he was her father instead of Robert. They walked alike and talked alike, played alike, and just were never separated unless it was necessary because of Remus's 'ilness.' When Remus was murdered by a death eater, Khaat's life energies and magical energies faded so deeply because of her deep grief and just completely unquenchable pain deep in her spirit, that Khaat nearly died of her own grief. Robert had to bond to her, basically, keeping her alive with his own life energies and magical energies. They're still bonded. So far as we know, if Robert dies, Khaat dies too. Robert is working on some ideas he has that might give her a chance of regaining her own life energies and her own magical energies, but she draws directly from him. Still does. Until Rob came along, she had no reason to shed that grief for Remus. She carried it for years as raw as the day he died. Rob did change some of that. He did give her the desire to stand on her own two feet again, but that will take time to rekindle her own life energies and her own magical energies, and then to get them to grow powerful enough that she can exist without Robert. They both know it was a huge risk, but they're stubborn through and through. I can't say I don't worry about them, but I have met few wizards more powerful than Robert is. It costs him very little to fuel her, and he really doesn't miss it. He doesn't use what he does have as it is. Well, rarely, anyway. You might not feel like it, but you really are strong enough to survive the emotional pain that this is causing you. All will be well. Give yoursefl time."
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Khaat had not expected things to go as sour as they had that day on her trip with her father. They had learned a great deal, but not without risk. Her father apparated them back, but she was injured. He had wanted to get her home. He apparated her straight into her room. It was in the predawn hours of the morning. Robert sensed everyone else in the house was asleep, and he had no intention of disturbing them.

Khaat felt her father pick her up into his arms and lay her on the bed. He gently removed her right boot and looked at her ankle again. "Broken. Clearly," he sighed. "You were lucky you werent' killed, though. We can put this to rights, but it means you will have to be off your feet for a couple days while the bone mends. Remember, I do magic, not miracles. This will not be painless to set, Khaat. Can't help that. Lay back while I work." She obeyed, and he laid his hand on her forehead, temporarily rendering her unconscious so he could set the badly broken ankle. He set the bones to rights and accio'd his bag from his room. He wrapped the ankle up to just below her knee in bandages and transfigured it into a cast. It would take a couple of days before the bones would mend. But the cast would keep them in place until that happened. He woke her and fed her a strong pain potion. He offered to help her change and into bed, but she declined, too tired from their ordeal to want anything more than to be left alone.

"Daddy,..." she began. "Don't worry. I'll explain it all to him in the morning. Right now, we're both tired. You go to sleep.. Your pain potion is strong. It will make you a bit sleepy, I'm afraid," He said, "I'm going to go look over what we found. I'll just stay on your sofa." That's fine," She yawned.

He removed her other boot, set them together on the floor and tucked her, still dressed, beneath the covers and let her sleep.

He went out into her sitting room, and removed from a large trunk, a large cloth sack that had been added in addition to its orignal contents. The sack was Robert's and the contents held more mystery than answers. He needed time to read and study. '
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Walker shifted in his sleep he saw he black claw of a dragon swip at him from no where he dodged but it seem to come from the very darkness around him, he turned left it swiped he turned right again its claws shimmering in the light that came from some where, then just as it bore down on him he woke with a start sat bolt upright on the bed , he lay back down glancing at the window he could tell dawn had only just arrived.

Slipping from his bed he slipped on his jeans and bots and made his way to the kitchen for a glass of water and to streach his legs as he tried not to think about his nightmare.As he moved he passed Khaats sitting room and seeing Robert paused " ether i'm seeing things or your back late" he said leanng against the door frame "how did it go, what ever it was ya had to do?" he spoke as he drank some water.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top