The Splintered Dreams - Page 14
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Splintered Dreams - Page 14 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Splintered Dreams

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Splintered Dreams - Page 14 Empty Re: The Splintered Dreams

Post by Steven Walker Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:20 pm

he looked at the shim then to Khaat "ya could have been hurt bad if she'd have stuck ya with that thing " he looked worried "Magic isn't always gonna protect ya, ya need to ..." he pause feeling himself droop left his hand now resting on the wall beside him "ya need to learn to protect ya self and that child with out it" he said he could feel himself become weaker as he stood the edrenaline wearing off and he legs now complaining about the exershion he had done in the attack. He tried to ignor it but he knew sooner or later he would need to sit down "lets get yau back" he said taking her and walking abck to teh room again glad to finally sit on his bed no sooner his head rested on his pillow his eyes closed he knew he'd over done it for he fell asleep too quickly."sorry Janet" his last words as he did.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Khaat was concerned for Cordell, but she was experienced enough to know that he just needed time now. She sank down on the bed, her head spinning. She closed her eyes, wishing quickly for her father. He came instantly. He saw Cordell asleep on the other bed. Before Khaat could say a word, she felt quite faint and nearly fell forward except for Robert's swift reaction, catching her and laying her down again on the bed. He checked her quickly. "You're really making me work, Khaat, " he said quietly, unhappy with her. "I have no idea when you actually ate a meal last, but your bloodsugar is dangerously low. You don't need magic for this. You need food. Now I have just about had enough of this. I might revoke your discharge if you dont eat a meal. He'll be at the farm, and you'll be here by yourself. I'm ordering a tray for you, and you are going to eat every bite. I swear, Khaat, if you don't, I"m going to hold you here. And don't try jinxing the plate empty because I will make sure they tray has an anti-jinx charm on it." He accid'd some orange juice from the nurses's station and made sure she got it. It did help immensely. "You stay here until I see that tray is completely clean again. Honestly, Child," he sighed, leaving.. Khaaat fell into a light exhausted sleep.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Cordell's sleep wasn't peacful he drempt again of that day with a start he sat bolt upright calling out ehr name "JANET!!" his body glistened with sweat as he looked over to Khaatstill asleep slipping from the bed he moved to the bathrom running water in the sink he threw some on his face to was way the night mares he knew he could get a potion to stop them but he also knew he had to work it out before he could relax. Taking his hand he balled it into a fist and ht the wal in his frustration , this was an anger he had kept hid till now knowing she was asleep he could let it out he walted to sneck back tot the gym and use the punch bag but he also knew if Khaat saw him gone when she woke she would chain him to the bed and he would never leave the hospital.

Moving abck to his bed he rubbed his red knuckles and lay back down this time to look at the tiles on the cealing . him wishing his mind would not go back to that day, that he could return to his happier times but he knew all to well those days were long gone now he was in england and part of the english ministry. He looked over at khaat as she slept and chucked , she reminded him of Janet and her stuborn streak she had, but he knew freinds he did not need anything more than that, and in her he had that.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:11 pm

Katherine arrived at Robert's command with lunch. She had fixed one of Khaat's favorites--chicken and noodles. It never failed to get her to at least smile. And she had brought two dinners--one for her and one for Cordel. She tried to mask her concern for her thinning daughter as she came in and found her asleep. She set down her sack and woke Khaat gently.

Khaat was surprised to feel her mother's loving touch. It woke her quickly. She frowned. "Mom?" and then she remembered. "Oh. Daddy." "Yes," her mother said softly, sitting beside her, "Daddy, indeed. Khaat, you have him just about driven to frustration. Khaat, dear, you must eat. You fainted completely on your father because of not eating. Abbey has to be fed, dear. You cannot just keep grieving for Rob's not being here with you. You are stronger than this. You have to accept that this is not about you. This is not about your not being good enough, or pretty enough, or anything else. This is his own issue. And he has to solve it for himself. You must keep going in the meantime. You must eat. This is no good. Leaving your children to fend for themselves when Rob isn't there while you sleep on your office sofa? Khaat, for goodness sakes! You have a beautiful suite of rooms at the farm. At least sleep there. Come home, Sweetheart. Look. I brought you lunch. One of your favorites. "

"You didn't" Khaat looked at her suspiciously, smelling the chicken now. " That is just pure blackmail" "Of course it is, "Katherine shrugged, "I'm your mother. I'm allowed." She got out the two chicken and noodle dinners. "Now--I expect you to eat every bite of that because, yes, it does have a jinx on it so you cannot disapparate the food off the plate like you used to do when you were younger. " She took the other dinner over to Cordel. "Did you know she used to just make her dinner disappear if she didn't want to eat when she was younger. She was so frustrating. Do you suppose you would join her in lunch, Ranger Walker and try to get her to eat. She hates to eat alone. I am going to find your father and we are going to go out for a bit. We will check on you later." She kissed Khaat's forehead and left, leaving Khaat and Cordell alone.

"Blackmail--plain and simple," Khaat looked at Cordell
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Abby Kazama Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Cordell flexed his hand and listened to Khaat mother as she told her off for not eating "Maam, I told her the same thing" he said folding his arms so nether would see the red knuckles he had , when she walked over with a ht home cooked dinner for him he smiled "ma pleasure maam" he said smiling "John use to do the same thing" he said he looked down before he looked at her and nodded he would the smell of the food getting to him and his stomach grumbled "ya know your missing out on good grub, ya mother can really cook " he said taking a pice of chicken and tasting it he was suprised at how hungry he was "yur turn" he said loking at her "I aint gonna feed ya but ya dad will make ya big time if ya don't, I sugest ya just eat i sooner its gon the more likly ya can get out" he said taking som more of the food "might tasty"
Abby Kazama
Abby Kazama

Number of posts : 432

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:40 pm

"Well," Khaat said, "you know she did that on purpose. She makes homemade chicken and noodles because she knows its one of my favorites. Daddy's playing dirty now. Oh well," she sighed. "You realize this really is not on purpose, don't you? I don't try to wrap my parents around a pole. I really do not normally have any adversion to food. I don't know whether its the marriage or the pregnancy that doesn't agree with me." She began to eat slowly. She never could resist her mother's chicken and noodles, and she noticed her mother had taken pity and given her a smaller serving. Khaat was glad of that. "Thank you for rescuing me from Ms. West today. I had to use a killing curse on her brother. He was totally mad."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:49 pm

he was glad when he saw her eat somthing even if it was just chicken and noodles "I know Khaat , there just worried , wnat my opion I think its the man ya married not the marrage itself" he said eating moe of the food he looked at his right hand the knuckles now slightly swolen but he ignored it and ate more "with a sister like that I am not suprised you did what you did, part of the job" he finished his plate and lay back pushing the table to one side, after about two minets he stood up again and walked over to her standing as if on gard "I know ya don't like to but Im gonna make sure that child get what she deserves " he folded his arms unmoving till she ate it all "how ever long it takes ya to eat it" he sighed as he watched her
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:57 pm

"Cordell," she said gently, "Just sit and talk to me. That would make this a whole lot easier." She reached for his hand and accidently took hold of his right one. The pain and swelling in it filled her senses at once. And her seer's senses saw his little temper tantrum caused by his grief. She didn't say a word. She just wrapped his hand in both of hers for a long moment while it mended itself to her touch. "Better?" she removed her hands and the swelling and redness was gone.

She had him just sit with her and talk. Tell her about Texas and home. The happier things that didn't bring him pain. And it did help her to eat. By then she felt a lot better. "So," she looked at him, "What would you like to do for the afternoon? Any thoughts?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:15 pm

cordell winced as she took his right hand as he sat down on the bed next to her "yeah" he said then spoke of the farm he had, the acres of land and the animals that lived there, he told her of the three hipogriffs shadow, Magic and caramel also about the horses, some stalions others pintos. He had dogs and cats one called smoky coz he found him after a house fire all burnt he had brought him back to health and it had staid with him ever since.

He looked at her "I'd like to see this farm ya have and take a stroll round it " he said watching her hoping she would finaly finish her food "I hope there taken care of i'd hate to see them neglected" he said about the hipogriffs "there kinda all i have left of ma fathers" he said "ma father was an Auror ranger like me, I kinda followed in his foot steps he liked it to start then wehen things go dangerouse he asked me to leave , I didn't but he was the one on a mission got himself into a situatin and killed , ma mom was livid and didn't let me go to work for three days, but she grew strong and eventually acepted it was just his time and i got the farm when she went to live with family" he smiled to her "kinda sad aint I" he said with a chuckle.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:21 pm

"Yes," Khaat said, finishing, "But you know we all have painful stuff in our past. I can have my connections check on your farm if you like. Or you could go into the fishing village once we get to the farm and you can use a muggle phone and make a phone call back home. Either one. You know, if you're up to it, I could transfigure those clothes and we could go shopping ourselves. That way we can take our time and you can get what you like before Daddy is done. It would get you out of here sooner, basically. I'd just give you a pass, and you could go with me. How does that sound?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top