Marriage is Murder - Page 31
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 31 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 31 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 31 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:40 am

Cassidy made sure the kitchen and moved to the door she shivered looking abck at Escobar " you can join us you know Escobar?" she said " some of us more civilized people have no problems what so ever, but feel free to join us. " she said and smiled throwing the towel into the sink from where she stood and pumped the air " yes, always miss that one" she said and chuckled as she moved to the table to feed James and Jaylen. Steven joined her and helped with the others as Jess came down too, Jack stayed out side not that he wanted but he needed time alone.

Brant smelt food and smiled " okay dinners ready " he said and moved from the seat. " come in if you get cold" he said and headed in to the table placing down his note book but then moving it as James decided he wanted to draw.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:01 am

Escobar finished his own meal and came back inside. He did still enjoy the smell of food, and he did occasionally eat, more for the sociability of it than for any need for it. He was amused by watching toddlers eating five star French cuisine and their vegetables with the same gusto that muggle children ate fast food and take out.

"If they eat this as every day foods, what will they impress their dates with?" Escobar asked, genuinely curious.

"Blame Khaat for that," Kate laughed. "She wants them to have the best. But, in answer to your question, if the kids are lucky, by the time they're dating, they might know how to cook some of it. At the very least, they'll know how to treat their dates well and how to treat them to good food and not conjured nonsense."

"Unless you teach them to conjure things rather impressively," Escobar said.

"All image and no substance," Edward said.

"It always worked for me," Escobar said.

"No," Brian said. "It didn't. And its what draws you back here."

"I am no threat to your wife," he said.

"No. I don't believe you are," Brian said. "Merely making a point. I'm merely stating that substance is more important than image."

"Perhaps," Escobar shrugged.

"You dont' want to admit that perhaps you're learning that," Kate said.

"If I am, I'm a slow learner," Escobar said. "But do consider tossing out a bit of food to your werewolf. It is going to be a full moon tonight, and until he learns some control, he should not be allowed to become any more out of control than he already believes he is."

Robert made no move to get up. It wasn't that Jack wasn't important. It was that he had to allow Jack to make his own choices about whether he wanted to be human or werewolf. And if he wanted to be human, then he needed to learn how to manage his illness and how to stay human rather than giving into the beast. If he didn't take care of his own needs and he transfigured either by choice or by accident, then that was Jack's own choice. Robert figured the wolfesbane would hold him, even if the stress made it difficult for him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:12 am

Cassidy smiled seeing Escobar walk in and sit with them she just ate and listened to them talk hearing Jack mentintioned she stood up " for gripes sake" she said and walked out grasping Jacks ear she dragged him inside wimpering and saying one word " ouch, ouch, ouch!" he said as she pulled him to the table, Steven just winced. " now eat." She said tired of the childish actions of Jack she looked to Jess who just nodded to her and continued eating her food as if nothing had happened. Cassidy placed a plate down and Jack ate quiet. Cassidy went back to her own food not even glancing at Jack as she fed James then Jaylen.

Cassidy saw Brant go to open his note book and she shook her head at him and he left it "no shop talk at the table. " she said thinking of the kids. She looked to kate and blushed alittle " sorry it gest me annoyed when I see grown men acting like five year olds, when they should know better." she said looking to Jack
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:31 am

Robert noticed Brant making his own little study of Jack.  Robert, frankly, wasn't much interested. He had been treating Jack for several years, and he knew it wasn't the wolfsbane's fault. This was Jack. Jacks' own unresolved childhood issues with his brother, and the fact that his family encouraged him to be more rough than polished.  He had been encouraged to be violent rather than calm and restrained. So far, it hadn't cost him much, and Robert had been there to bail him out, time after time. Robert wasn't mindless of what Jack was struggling with. He had merely decided that the price was getting too high to allow Jack to continue to muddle through life and let others cover for him.

He wasn't sure what Brant expected to accomplish by taking extensive notes on Jack. Robert didn't want Jack being a case study.  He motioned Brant to close the notebook. Robert was on the same page with Jess. Jack knew what he needed to do, and he had spent years avoiding it.

Escobar noticed the nonverbal conversation going around the table tonight.

"Werewolf," Escobar said in a rather unemotional tone, "you need to stop running from your past and decide if you want to continue being who the people in your past tried to make you become.  Or whether you still want what you're so close to losing.  You can no longer do both.  The people who love you are not going to permit your current uncontrolled emotions over your past. Nor are they going to let you continue to do whatever you want whenever you want to--because to do so would be their approval of letting you kill everyone here and then some."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Brant looked at Robert and closed his book " sorry am mking a note on your potions and its reactions, it could work for others who don't wish to be like..." he paused but said no more as he ate he would do what he need in the confinds of the lab leaving it there so they would not see. Jack jumped hearing Escobar talk to him he listened then spoke once Escobar has finished.

"I..I thank you for the advice, but I did not ask to be... this, it was forced on me by my mother and sibalings, they wanted me to be james, but the night I was changed, I ran it was not untill hogwarts did I change, then I ran again untill Jess then I stoped running." he told him finshing his food he stood and looked at them all "Please excuse me, im going to retire." He said and left the table looking to Jess who followed him with her eyes but did not rise to follow him.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:28 pm

Escobar was not willing to let this go. He apparated out and then back in front of him. "I'm not finished," he said to him. "I do know about your past. I have studied those to which Khaat has entrusted her life. I've made it my business. Your dossier is not news.

"However, those of us who were purely human once and are no more what we were all carry a past with us. You are not the only one in the house with a tale of trauma. You are, though, the only one tonight who is wearing it on their sleeve.

"Your past might be the reason you carry the curse. But it is not fair to anyone around you for you to use it as an excuse of any kind. Why they've tolerated this from you this long, I do not know. I myself would have beaten the shit out of you years ago and knocked you into place.

"Understand this, though. So long as you decide to use your curse as the reason to feel sorry for yourself, I will not allow you around Khaat or her children," he said.

"I make no excuses for who I am or what I am. I am not a nice man, nor have I ever pretended to be so. I am a vampire. I prey upon people. I kill. I drink blood because I have to. It is what my curse forces me to do where I live. There are no wizarding hospitals where I live that simply dole out blood to vampires. I carry a curse as well, but never once in over 600 years have I ever asked or wanted anyone to do for me what you seem to want everyone here to do for you.

"If you want to be a werewolf, then go and do it. If you want to be a gentleman, then do it. The two cannot co-exist in the same body, though. You do not need to decide to night, so far as I am concerned. You will not, though, come near Khaat or her children until I know if they're safe to be near you. And I do not trust you right now."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Jack looked at Escobar and listened he understood he was more like him and understood him more. As he stopped Jack raised his hand to stop him saying any more. " I understand and I will stay away from her, you're right she dosn't need...this. " he told him motioning to him self. " I am only going to get a change of clothes, Im sleeping in the gaurd house with the other men."He told him then moved up to his room retrning with a small over night bag. He looked at Jess then left the house. Brant stood up and moved to where Escobar stood.

" You think he actualy understood what you told him?" he and looked up at him as he looked at Escobar " you've been around for over 600 years?" he asked suprised.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:01 am

"I do not know if he understood or not," Escobar said. "Time will tell. But, yes, I have been alive--more or less, for over 600 years. I was changed when I was a young man. It was a very different time then.

"I was young man who was deeply infatuated with an exotic beauty who had come with her father into our village. He was a shaman, and she was beyond anyone I had ever known. My father did try to warn me they were not as they seemed, but I chose not to listen. I had no idea it was her seductive charms as a vampire that attracted me to her. She promised me much, and she gave me little. Immortality, yes. But not at a cost that everyone would want to pay.

"I do understand him--more than he thinks. But if he thinks I will feel pity for him, then he is sadly mistaken. Pity condemns him even more. When we were human we wanted immortality. After we were no longer human, we grieved what we would never have again.

"Right now, he does not fight for you. He does not look to protect anyone--not the ones he loves, not the ones he is hired to protect. He's not even seeking to protect himself. What he desperately looks to do is to seek revenge on his brother for his curse. Until he resolves that, he is a dangerous liability to all of you.

"If you gamble on him as a fighter right now, you will be giving more to him than he is giving to anyone else, and you could be completely throwing your lives away. If I were still mortal, I'd be willing to put my trust in him when he demonstrated he was capable of earning it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:29 am

Brant listened with intrest " wow, thats some past escobar but yep , he needs to sort out his inner demon first before he can be truly human again." he said and noted it in his book what had been said and saw a herb growing not far from them " sorry back to the lab only got half Roberts stock back up, shesh I don't know who did the stock take before but they didn't know what they had to do." he looekd back at Escobar " I wouldn't worry about him fighting for any one right now, I know I don't and won't rely on him" he said and moved to the lab. Jess walked over and frowned folding her arms acros her chest.

" He's a jerk" she said looking at Jack frowning " hes not thinking like a father or a man right now I just wish he would get his head out of his ass." she said then moved to him " you and me walk now" she told him and she took him away from the house and out of sight. Cassidy saw them from the kitchen and shook her head hoping she would kick his ass.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:09 am

Upstairs, Khaat was becoming sharply restless. She didn't know how much more she was willing to lose.

"You're doing nothing but laying there letting this get to you," Marcus told her. "Not only is that dangerous for you, but its dangerous for me. It will make you want to do stupid things, and I'll have to chase you someplace to keep my job. Lets agree not to do that tonight, can we?"

"I can't lay here in this bed anymore," she sighed.

"No?"

"No," she said, frustrated.

"Fine," he said, tossing back the covers.

"What? Fine?" she asked.

"Yep. Fine," he said. He picked her up and simply apparated out of the bedroom with her. He took the chance to move her to the room he used. He laid her on the bed and drew out a 'forbidden' muggle computer laptop.

"Contraband?" she asked.

"Perfectly acceptable in Bulgaria," he shrugged.

"This is not Bulgaria," she said.

"Are you bored or are you not?" he asked, opening a drawer. He managed to find a muggle mystery movie. He helped her get comfortable on his bed with pillows and a blanket. He sat in a chair nearby and settled in to help her get her mind off the nonsense in her life just for awhile.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 100 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top