Marriage is Murder - Page 30
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 30 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 30 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 30 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Brant chuckled and nodded " I guess, I have been so busy in the lab I just let time run away from me" he said he was about to say it wasn't lukc when Kate spoke up and he stepped back to let her ebter while Jess left the room quietly. Brant stood and listened as he re read his noted letting them talk he looked up at the flowers and smiled "They give the room a nice smell too Kate " He added but then remain quiet hoping he had not spoke out of turn. " okay back to the Lab" he said and moved out the door back down to the kitchen not realy wanting to go back in to the lab just yet " so howss things in her a little less stressed?" he asked Angus.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:11 am

"Well, maybe a bit. I am a bit nervous about when the house elves get here in the morning. I do hope the house elves can get adjusted to how Khaat demands the food be done around here. She is a very, very protective mother. She refuses to let any food be conjured," Angus said. "And if she had her way, the kids would not ever get any sweets. They'd grow up learning that carrot sticks were desserts."

"House elves live to serve," Edward said. "They'll cook if you tell them to cook. Its very simple. Where do you intend for them to stay?"

"Well, I took the broom closet from next to the pantry and I used an enchantment to make a room for them. It will be warm there in the winter and cool in the summer."

"They will probably like that very much. They like to be close to the kitchen anyway," Edward said. "Or at least any house elf I ever had like being close to the kitchen."

"I was going to do bunk beds to save space, but I didn't know if they climbed or not," Angus said.

"They won't climb if they can use magic," Edward laughed. "Why don't you let them come and get adjusted. Oh, by the way, both of you, a house elf never ever complains. You'll have to take cues about what they need by how they behave."

"That damned elf of Sirius's used to complain incessantly," Angus frowned.

"Kreacher? He was just a foul tempered old fart," Edward said. "He was an exception. And what will you do with all your extra time?"

"All the other duties I dont' have time for now," Angus said. "I hope you all still like Coq au Vin. That's what I'm making for dinner. And Ratatouille. Dessert is an apple tarte tatan."

"It sounds wonderful," Edward said.

"It will be ready in a couple of hours," Angus said. He looked at the clock. "Well, that might be a bit late. I was going to make hot spiced cider and a batch of pumpkin cookies for later this evening, but I'm running behind. And I haven't even set the table for dinner yet tonight. Nor have I gotten a bottle of wine for dinner. I don't have a salad made, and, well, I'm just behind."

"Get Brant to set the table and get the wine. Unless you trust him to make the cookies," Edward said.

"Why do I not believe cookies are your thing?" Angus looked doubtfully at Brant. "I don't know if you even do salads."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:49 am

Brant looked at Angus and nodded " good good sounds like were ready for them and realy , hum" he said and made more noted on mention of his name he chuckled and shook his head " sorry nope, I can't cook those sort of things , now heat hot dogs over a camp fire sure salads and cookies no way" he said and looked as Edward spoke at his lack of cooking skills " Hey I managed this far " he said softly " I know how to make fish pie thats about it " he said and pored some juice for himself waving his hand he sent the dishes to the table. " okay table set" he said ducking as a glass flew close over his head.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:01 am

"Thank you," Angus said to Brant. "Its okay. I knew cooking wasn't your thing. I was just teasing. Cassidy normally likes to help, though. Maybe, if she's not busy, she can lend a hand. I have the recipes right here, if she wants to use mine. I would ask Michael to help but he's off doing something secretive. He simply said he had something to do for Khaat and wouldn't tell me what it was. I'm betting he did something to lift her spirits a bit."

Angus took a treat for Archangel from the jar and gave it to the bird. "Find Cassidy," he told the bird. "Ask nicely. Mind your manners."

The bird glided off to find Cassidy and soon found her. He landed on the back of a chair and squawked at her. After all, there were only so many ways to squawk.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:33 am

Cassidy on hearing Arch dove down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Sorry I over slept not sure why the alarm was switched off, what do you need?" she glanced at Steven hiding his face in a paper, Cassidy looked at the list and washed her hands ready to do work at what ever he wanted to make. Cassidy smiled to Brant as he left for the green house to find herbs for some potions.

" so hows Khaat?" she asked taking down a bowl as she had heard mention of salad having to be made. Brant saw Jack sat alone and debated weather to go over and talk to him. Taking a deep breath he did so and sat doen " hey" he said softly Jck looked at him the pain of what his actions had done clear in his eyes.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:46 am

"Salad for dinner," he said. "Hot spiced cider, for after dinner. And, when we get to it, pumpkin spice cookies for later on. I'll try to get to whatever you can't get to. I'd like to get the salad done in the next 30 minutes so we can eat. The kids are going to be hungry. In fact, we're late. They're probably eating inedible things by now."

"I don't know if anyone has really seen Khaat since sometime yesterday," Edward said. "Except Marcus and Brian and Escobar."

"Damn," Angus sighed. "That reminds me. I do need to make another shake for her. She's not that into food right now, but she will drink the smoothies."

"She needs to be 'into' food," Edward said. "Why don't you let Marcus see what he can talk her into. Send the smoothie, by all means, but I'd end a plate for her on the tray as well. If she eats, wonderful. If not, she'll at least get the nutrition she needs if you send the smoothie as well. At least she has the option. She cannot live on smoothies forever."

"Well, Brian said that all she ate with Abbey was cheesecake--when Rob made it. And I remember how much of an appetite she didn't have with the triplets."

"Maybe its just her pattern," Edward shrugged. "Your grandmother was good at handling pretty much anything until she got pregnant. Then when stress hit, she looked okay on the outside but had no appetite at all. It was the only clue I had that she was feeling stressed. Maybe its just Khaat's way of coping when things feel like more than she can deal with. And besides, it isn't that unusual for someone who is seriously injured or ill to not have any appetite. If it is her way, then bribery is definitely your best friend."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:55 am

Cassidy said nothing but nodded gathering all she neede dand prepering it even using magic to cut up some of the tomatoes while she did cucumber and thin carrot strips " ten minets Angus" she told him not even batting an eye as if she ws an old hand at it now when she was inished with one bowl it simply floated to the sink washed and dried returning to the cupboard where it had come from. Soon Cassidy had it done and she looked at Angus ," now whats was that about pumpkin spice cookies, if you do the spiced cyder I'll do the cookies."She told him enjoying cooking in the kitchen finally able to move about even to the point she was humming as she mixed the dry ingrediants.

Soon she was ready to cut them and paused " hum Angus how do you want these cut pumkins or cats?" she asked turning to look at him both cutters in her hands " could do some of each?" she added.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:02 am

"Your choice," Angus said. "Your cookies, your choice I have no preference. Oh, and there are some other Halloween cookie cutters there in the other tin. I'm getting quite a collection. There's a sorting hat, a ghost, and, I think, maybe a cauldron there. Either that or a broom. Not sure. I found a sale on them so I bought a bunch of different ones for all kinds of different occasions. Mix them up if you want. Whatever you want to do is fine."

He made Khaat's smoothie and sent Cassidy's salad to the table. Then he took the chicken out of the oven and the ratatouille. He cut the chicken into portion sizes and began to make plates.

He sent Archangel back to call everyone for dinner. Then he fixed a tray for Marcus and for Khaat. He sent their tray upstairs and then made sure that the dinner plates got to their proper places. He put the salad into the salad bowls and set out a pitcher of iced tea and a pitcher of lemonade.

"I think we're ready to eat, Cassidy. If you don't have the cookies in the oven, they can wait until we're done eating. I'll put the cider together after dinner," Angus said. "Its more important that we feed the little ones."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:18 am

Cassidy chuckled and motioned for the tin to appear she opened it and motioned several to jump out and cut cookies while she lifted them down onto a backing tray to cook onc everything was done and she ahd three trays she sent the cookie cutters to wash and clean up then she sent the tim back where it came from while she placed it in the oven " okay, batch one on" she said smiling as she wiped her hands clean of flour. She looked around and wondered what else there was to do. " now what?" she ashed " Im on a roll" she said and chuckled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:30 am

"Come eat," Angus said. "And help feed little ones. They're on their way. I hear lots of little feet." Robert and Kate came downstairs, with all the little ones following them.

The kids seemed to get excited when they smelled food. Brian followed the kids, and the adults started to help kids up into their chairs and helped them get started with their meals.

Escobar made his way to the kitchen, filled up an ornate antique goblet with his meal and stepped outside the kitchen door to simply enjoy the dark nighttime sky and enjoy his meal in the quiet.

Upstairs, Marcus gently woke Khaat and gave her tiny forkfuls of the chicken and the vegetables. She had no appetite at all. He didn't push. He merely ate in between giving her tiny bites. He used the smoothie as her drink that went with her dinner.

He finally suggested she talk about what was on her mind. She began to talk about the pressure she was feeling to try to be up on her feet or working towards it, certainly more than she had been doing. He didn't argue with her. He merely talked with her, and in doing it, he took her mind off the fact that he was continuing to offer her forkfuls of chicken and vegetables. She didn't have her mind on what he was doing, and as long as she wasnt' onto what he was doing, he wasn't going to interrupt her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 65 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top