Marriage is Murder - Page 29
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 29 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 29 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 29 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:33 am

Steven sighed deeply and nodded he agreed with Remus not quite sure what he could do "yes,I guess I could talk to him." he said " but ultimatly its his choice which he needs to decide, maybe Jeffery coming here will help him decide for the best." Steven said then his face becaome seriouse " if he makes the wrong choice, I will not hesitate to protect this house and family" he told the Remus portait " I hope Jess will forgive me" he said.

Jack walked about outside feeling the air on his face and he sighed he knew things inside him had shifted. He shook his head he was human not a wearwolf. seeing a seat he sat down to think more. Brant saw Jack and walked over to him.

"Hey, thought you were out here" he said and sat with him his note book in his hand " your potion was diluted to 70% of its normal strength but you know thats not all the reason it didn't work?" he said and looked at him to see Jack nod. " good, now leave that part of you alone, think human and that Robert and the others need Jack the human, James is a nothing" he saw Jack about to complain and raised an eye brow Jack chuckled and nodded "Good, now..." He said and noted down snippits of conversation.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:58 am

Robert attempted to soothe Abbey, but it didn't seem to be working well. Abbey was too upset to really listen to him. She wanted to see her mama. Robert gave in to her and took Abbey to see Khaat.

Khaat saw instantly that Abbey was deeply upset. She reached her good arm out to welcome Abbey to her. Marcus lifted Abbey out of Robert's arms and put her gently on the bed with her mother. Abbey curled tight to Khaat and sobbed, telling her that she was scared of the doggie and didn't want to stay here anymore. Khaat felt her heart breaking. Her child, her first born child, and she was honestly going to have to let her go for at least awhile.

Khaat looked at Marcus, silently asking him if there was any possible way at all that he could take them away--her and Abbey. Marcus didn't know how to do it without killing Khaat. Khaat was just too critical. He didn't want to have to tell her no.

Lee spoke up. "Khaat, you know she'd be safe with me. Maybe you can get this straightened out in a day or so. You're welcome to send anyone you like along." Khaat knew the staff was so divided and thin as it was that she didn't dare pull anyone else away. She nodded very softly, using every ounce of inner strength she had not to cry. She kissed Abbey softly.

"Would you like to stay with Uncle Lee tonight?" Khaat asked. "You can sleep in his big chair with him again." Abbey began to cry, confused, and Khaat soothed her. "Its just another sleep over with Uncle Lee. You had a good time, didn't you?" Abbey nodded.

"Can I take my storybook?" Abbey asked.

"Of course you can," Khaat said. "You and Uncle Lee can pack if you want."

"We get berries?" she looked at Lee.

"You bet," Lee smiled.

"No doggies?"

"I promise," Lee said. Abbey nodded. Khaat nodded. She let Lee take her child from her. Lee picked Abbey up and carried her out of the room. Marcus reached over quickly and took Khaat's hand, feeling that Khaat had been very brave. She had given her lifeblood for Jack and his kids, and now, for Jack, she was giving up her child. Marcus hoped this was only overnight because he wasn't sure how much more strain she could take, as weak as she was.

Robert walked back to his room slowly and shut the door, shutting everyone else out. His grief and sadness was mounting at seeing more and more sacrifice being given. And he had not envisioned that part of that sacrifice would include his precious Abbey. He didn't know how well Khaat would absorb it either, and he didn't want to lose her because of it all. He was helpless to stop any of it.

Lee packed with Abbey, knowing Abbey was packing almost everything because she was frightened of losing any more. He just let her pack it, and he shrank it and packed it. When they were packed, he merely picked her up and left silently with her to avoid upsetting the family any more.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:15 am

Jess sat and watched what unfolded infront of her her mind screamed to tell jack to go so Abby could stay her healer side said she was doing what was best for Abby and to let her go . Turning to Khaat she could not help but speak softly. "You have given so much for us Khaat allready" she said softly "All I can say is thank you but I can send him away knowing he will return so you can keep Abby here" she said now feeling a tight pain in her chest as if she had lost one of her own children. " I understand why your doing this" she said softly pulling back in to her healer mode once again.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:26 am

"I...have no choice," she said to Jess. "Our fighters are spread too thin. I don't have another choice to make." She looked at Marcus. "I won't have my daughter away from me for more than a day or so. If Jack can't get his head straight, I am depending on you to find a place for me to go to be with her until that time comes. Understood?"

"You do understand the risk that comes with that>: Marcus asked.

"More than you know," she said. "But that's my choice."

"Alright. I'll start to make a back up plan, then."

"Good." She looked at Jess "If there is anything you know to say to him or do to help him decide if he wants to be a man or a beast, then please do that. If you need to take him away for a day or so, then go do it."

"Its not the only choice," Brian said. "If he is bent on revenge, then he can't do it and work for us at the same time. If he needs a leave of absence to go do that, then he can take it. I need a fighter with his head in the game. If he can't do that, then he eventually will be a risk to us all. Jess, we've bought Jack some time, but that's all. If there is something that you can do, as Khaat said, its time you did it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:32 am

Jess loekd at Khaat and nodded "Don't worry I understand full well Khaat. " she said softly and took her hand in her own as she spoke again." There is one thing I can say to him that will get his head out of his ass and quickly. " She said and looked to Brian nodding at his words. " I understand fully Brian, more than you know, his lack of focus is and has put our children at risk too and I like you Khaat won't see that happen again." she said softly " I will speak to him to night, you'll both have your awsner tomorrow morning it will be his final awnser." she told them both " for him its all or nothing his choice." he told them both softly.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:57 am

"Don't do anything rash," Khaat told her.

"Rash?" Marcus asked. "No offense but it seems that Jack has already done enough rash things. Jess might have to do a few rash things in order for her to get her own family back. If that's what it takes, then its time." He looked at Khaat. "I said I was going to get you something from downstairs. I'll be right back. Give me two minutes."

He went downstairs and brought her up a very carefully mixed drink that had, among other things, just a touch of alcohol in it. He felt she'd had a tough morning so far, and he wanted to help her take the edge off. The drink itself tasted like apricot and peaches and cream. It was delicate and soothing.

"Where did you learn that?" she asked, sipping it. "Its really good."

"A little family place in southern Italy years ago," Marcus smiled. "Well, the drink wasn't quite like that, but it was close. It has enough juice in it to at least pretend to be good for you. Drink it."

She drank all but the last couple of sips. She felt herself growing a bit numb and very sleepy. He took the glass from her hand and set it aside. He pulled the blankets up closer to her letting her drift off.

"What'd you put in that?" Brian asked.

"Just a few drops of a nerve potion to calm her," Marcus said.

"Well done," Brian said. "We'll let her rest. Stay with her, Belby."

"I intend to, Sir," Marcus said. "I'll keep an eye on her, Jess. You mend your family. That's the best thing you can do to help her, anyway."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 pm

Jess could do little to stop her laugh as she heard Khaat "Ow don't you worry, it won't be to rash." she said softly to her. " but it will be a wake up for him and his final ultimatum in all this," she said softly then she heard Marcus and nodded. " He made his bed now lets see how he likes to lay in it, as a human or a wear?" she said softly so not to upset Khaat any more than she was . Jess watched as Marcus left the room then returned she moved from her seat to alow him acess to Khaat she smiled seeing Khaat relax and finally slip into a much needed sleep.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 pm

"Jess," Brian said, "I do try not to meddle, but as a favor to me, please--Jack doesn't need to come around to talk to Khaat. I'd prefer he didn't. The only thing Khaat needs is to have her daughter home. That's all. She needs Abbey to be in her own home and feeling safe. Maybe I'm a bit protective, but I just don't want to stress Khaat any more. If you'd try to keep any more ugly business from her, I'd appreciate it."

He turned and left. Marcus paused before he spoke to Jess.

"He's just tired, Jess," he said. "He had Khaat under his own life support spell, nonstop, all night, while Escobar worked on trying to replace the lost blood with his magic. It looked pretty thin for several hours. Just so you know, I did suggest that they consider a back up healer, but apparently Brian is very stubborn. He wasn't going to turn it over to anyone else. So--since it does seem to drain an energy worker, perhaps you could take him with a grain of salt today. Just a suggestion."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Jess looked and listened to Brain not realy hearing his words to her. "Brian I understand and don't worry" she said softly then breathed out as he left the room she nodded to Marcus and nodded " I understand and I felt it last night just how close she came, I know she doesn't need Jacks shit right now and nther do I." she told him " I'll deal with him in time , right now Im letting him stew in his own juices. Brant knocked and walked in looking at the drink Marcus had give Khaat and smiled.

" Ow smooth move." he said and wrote down the recipy in his book " sorry had to put it in might help in the future for others in her situation" he said he smiled to Marcus " so how you setteling in, good I hope?"He asked having spent most of the time in the lab and not realy spent much time with him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:23 pm

"I'm very adaptable," Marcus said. "If you and I have anything in common, its that that we both are content at being alone. In my line of work, I don't have the time to get attached. And if you had been married to my wife, you'd have enjoyed having a job that took you away from her." He flashed a smile at him.

"However, I have noticed that while Khaat gets along well with a crowd, she also has a strong need to be independent and to be alone every so often. Especially if she's feeling hurt. She pulls into herself. I am a bit surprised she lets me so close to her. I did read in her dossier that she has a long standing habit of ditching her guards. But I've not ever had that problem with her. Not sure why. Luck, perhaps."

"No," Kate said, coming in with fresh flowers for Khaat's room. "That has nothing to do with it. You don't judge her or tell her what to do. You shift to merely follow what she does."

"Isn't that my job?" he frowned.

"It is, but she's not used to getting it. Not like that. You started as her bodyguard, not her friend. Her friends have become bodyguards so they get emotionally protective as well. Its not bad. In fact, sometimes its a very good thing. But, it does mean that your relationship with her at least got started in a different way." She arranged the bright pink and peach colored flowers in a tall crystal vase.

"Unusual color combination," Marcus noted. "It works, though. Its very nice."

"Thank you. I thought perhaps she'd enjoy something a bit different to focus on."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top