Marriage is Murder - Page 65
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 65 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 65 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 82 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 65 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Steven Walker Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:04 am

Jim looked at Michael and grabbed his jacket once more" okay Im ready" he said slipping it back on " whats more frost bite on top of what I already have " he said chukaling at his own joke but still did up his jacket as he waited " so where we going?" he asked tucking his hands deep into his coat pockets as he waited.

"Hes your best choice as hes already been outside and hes not an energy worker ether" Jess said and Jim nodded after he rolled his eyes at her obiviouse statment at his lack of energy skills. Cassidy chuckled.

"Best go before he says something he will realy regret" she said seeing the look Jess was giving Jim as he opened his mouth Cassidy stood up and closed it again shaking her head.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:36 am

"Let's go," Michael said, putting on his coat. When Jim was ready, Michael apparated them to Robert's farm, into the kitchen. The farm had been closed indefinitely months ago. It was cold inside. But Michael immediately felt like they were not alone. He drew his wand. He wasn't sure why he felt eerie, but his gut didn't usually steer him wrong about things like that.

He motioned to Jim silently and crept noiselessly through the house, pointing out any creaky spots on the floor for them to avoid.

Then he saw a light from under Robert's library door. There was no way he'd left a light on for months. He crept to the door and motioned to Hiss. The rope slithered down from Michael's pack and, just slightly, under the door.

The rope seemed to snap back immediately, almost alarmed and pointed to the door. Michael threw open the door and saw Robert lying on the sofa in the library, not moving. On the coffee table were all sorts of empty, partly empty, or full potions glasses.

Michael rushed to Robert and checked him for a pulse.

"He's alive," Michael sighed, relieved. He hadn't seen Robert cause such a spread of potions and glasses in decades and decades. And when he'd seen it before, he had been desperate to find a potion to help a friend who had been poisoned. This, this on the coffee table, was the sign of a desperate man who wanted, more than anything to find a cure for himself.

"He's tried most of these," Michael sighed. "Fool. He could have killed himself with this much junk in his system. As it is, he seems to just be sleeping it off. He was damned lucky."

He looked at Jim. "Can we get a wee bit of heat in here? And then perhaps a pot of coffee from the kitchen please? He's going to need French Roast. Regular coffee isn't going to have enough guts to deal with this. Then we'll try to get him awake."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:15 am

Jim followed Michael and drew his own wand as they arrived he looked around and saw the fires were not lit and everything was covered but as he moved with Micahel he continued to search the corridors and rooms with his keen eye. Pausing as Micahel moved ro open a door and followed him in eyeing the bottles and things on the table. I saw a thermastat in the kitchen give me a sec to get the boiler lit and some fires.

He moved back to the kitchen and flicked on a swtch he stood listening and heard it fire up moving to the living room he knelt and screwed up some news paper to act like a wick. Soon with some gentel encurage ment it was a blaze and he headed to the room Robert was in, he lit that fire and loked at Michael. "Shouldn't we get him back to Brians or are you letting him sleep it off here?" he asked gently blowing on the fire to make it stay lit.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:24 am

"I'm not letting him sleep anything off," Michael said. "He needs some extra strong coffee. Did you, by chance put that pot on while you starting the heat? I'd like to start giving him some as soon as we get him awake."

He got a blanket and covered Robert to help warm him up.

"I'll be right back," he said, going down into Robert's potions lab. He returned a moment later, carrying a powder in a small dish.

"I'm not a potions person, but I do remember bezoars," he said. He had crushed the bezoar, and he mixed it in a glass of water. He sat on the edge of the sofa and tapped Robert's cheek gently.

Robert was startled at being touched, but he woke slowly, heavily.

"You're an idiot," Michael said to him gently, sighing. "Here. Drink." He gave it to him before Robert had had a chance to give it any thought. "Now, sit up," Michael said, standing up and helping Robert right himself. Michael covered him again. He knew he'd need to give Robert a moment before he could ask him much of anything.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:32 am

Jim looked at Robert and then at Mchael " yes its boiling as we speak "he said then he heard the click and walked back making a fresh pot then poring out a cup and walking in to the room. " Bezoars?" he said " what will that do?" he asked now curiouse as to what Michael was going to do. He placed the cup down next to where Robert lay and moved to sit watching but then he rembered to check the heating was set on high to warm the place and he stood back up moving abck to the kitchen he turned up the thermostat and nodded he was happy it would warm up quickly he made two more cups one for Michael and one for himself.

" coffee for you might take the chill off us while we wait for the heating to warm the whole house" he added holding his own cup in his hands.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 am

"Slughorn always said it would reverse the effect of most poisons," Michael said. "And whatever weirdness he kept taking last night certainly could not be healthy." He took one of the cups of coffee.

"Robert," Michael said, "here. Coffee. Drink it." He saw how unsteady Robert yet was. "Both hands. Its hot. Drink."

Robert never even looked up. He merely drank the coffee slowly.

"Robert," Michael said, sitting on the coffee table. "lets get something straight. You do not owe it to anyone to run out of your home...."

Robert looked up, angry, eyes now clear and focused, the drapes starting to ripple ever so slightly.

"Now just hear me out," Michael said, unafraid. "Your daughter's home is your home. Damnit, she needs you. That crazy-assed werewolf is still trying to kill her at every turn. She feels like the worst wife and mother in the world. She can't do any of the things she wants to do for Brian and for her kids. You, above all people, knows exactly how she feels.

"She doesn't need you cured. She just needs her father. Much as Jack and Jess and Cassidy and Steven are family, you're still in charge. You're the one those little ones want to see tonight before they go to sleep, dreaming of Santa. You're the one they are already missing this morning. You're not going to do this to your family. Not on Christmas.

"Jim has taken care of the others for now. They've got a lot of growing up to do. Don't you let them reinforce how negative you already feel about your own situation. Drink the damned coffee. A pot or two should do it, I should think."

Robert sighed, shivering. Michael knew he'd caught a chill from being in his basement potions lab all night without any heat.

"You're going to need a shower and some fresh clothes to warm up. Coffee first," Michael said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:09 am

Jim stood watching he caught the ripple and change in the air as Michael spoke to Robert but he stayed quiet just watching and listening to make sure Robert was fine with what he was saying on the mention of two more pots of coffee he nodded " kettles fresh made should do about 3 pots including this one" he told him now stood with his arms behind his back watching both men. He hoped inside the others had grown up even if they slipped he would make sure and be there to kick there asses back in line.

" Hes right I'll make sure they stay in line, thats a promise and I never brake a promise" he told him walking back to the kitchen to grab the pot so he could refill Roberts cup once it was empty as he passed he grabbed a blanket and draped it over Roberts shoulders. " boilers on and the fires lit so you have hot water ahd heat." he said feeling the heat from where he stood.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:34 am

Robert nodded. He finished one cup of coffee and was starting to feel a bit better. Michael refilled the cup. Robert listened to Jim's commitment to keep the others in line. He did trust it. He just wasn't in the mood to hear any more negativity.

"Look," Michael said, "Let's backburner this for now. You need to get rid of that chill before we go back outside. You still have clothes in your room?" Robert nodded. "Then go shower and shave and change. The hot water will ward off that chill."

Robert sighed and got up, setting the coffee cup aside.

"Oh, no. Take that with you. I take it that none of these potions are worth keeping?" Robert shook his head. "We'll get rid of them, then." Robert took the coffee and headed for the shower.

"Well," Michael said to Jim. "He's better than I thought he'd be. Once he's warmed up, I think we need to get him back and get him some food. I don't know when he ate last. He needs to eat. I don't see any coat for him. I don't think he took one when he left yesterday. I'll clean up the potions mess. How about you checking the hall closet to see if he has another winter coat of any kind in there?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 am

Jim just stayed quiet as he watched Robert nod then stand walking towards the bedroom to shawer and change he looked back to Michael and nodded himself " I agree, I could cook some thing up, I saw some eggs in the fridge too " he said and moved out of the room back to the kitchen his mind on coking taking out the eggs he found some spices and bacon cutting it up he made an omlette and added bacon to the mix before poring it into the omlette pan and letting it cook while he moved to check out the closet he smiled as he found a rather warm winter puffer jacket with a fake fur hood he knew it was well warm enough for Robert to take to wear back.

Once the ommlette was done he tipped it onto a plate and along with the jacket draped over his arm he walked back to the room with Michael. " okay, hope he likes omlette and I found this" he said and held up the jacket to show Michael " I think its warm enough, what do you think" he asked.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 pm

"It looks fine," Michael said, wanting to try to get Robert to eat a bit. "He's gotten thin since this happened. The last time I saw him get this thin was when Remus died and Khaat fell apart. He just simply devoted himself to her and nothing else. This time, its this curse, pure and simple. We send him up food trays or coax him to the table, but he just isn't interested in food whatsoever."

When Robert was showered and changed, Michael saw his clothes from home needed resized. He flicked his wand at Robert's clothes and resized them for him.

"Come eat," Michael said. Robert tried to wave him off. "No,now, come eat. It'll do you good. You know you wouldn't let us get away with that. Come eat and then we'll go home."

Robert sat down to the plate of food, but when Michael mentioned going home, Robert shook his head.

Michael scowled. "You tell me what I'm supposed to tell Abbey and the kids about why Papa isn't coming for Christmas then," he said, irritated. "If you don't want to come for Christmas, you come tell the kids yourself. Then if you want to hide away, that's your own business."

Robert glared at him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 82 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top