Marriage is Murder - Page 82
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 82 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 82 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 82 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:48 am

Brant stepped back when Khaat walked in he was about to protest but Brian did that for him and he staid quiet. he bit his lip as Brian seem to put his foot in his mouth more than once. He looked at Michael " I'd better get going so she can't follow me out there " he said and turned to head to his room as he did an official letter arrived and he sighed placing it into his pocket.

" seems I have been summoned, I'll go after " he said and quickly gathered all he would need boots, ropes and climbing equipment. He then headed back to Brian's room dressed and looking the part of a climber. " this might take a day or two I'll send word when I have the ingredients and on my way back, you look after Khaat" he said and looked at Michael " port key?" he asked wondering if Michael had a key that would get him to the base of the mountain at least.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:00 am

"Marcus won't let that happen," Michael said. "He doesn't normally interfere with her choices, but he wouldn't allow that one. He knows his job is to protect her, and he'd see protecting her from that as being entirely within his rights.  And there is virtually no chance he'll let her out of his sight. Ever.  

"On the other hand, her husband here might well find himself minus a few little bodily bits by the time you get back if he continues to open his yap when he really shouldn't."

"Oh, she knew what I meant," Brian sighed.

"Don't be so sure," Michael said.

"Oh, she knows," Brian said. "And if she doesn't, well, then maybe its because the other two times were different. She carried small in her other pregnancies...."

"You really did hit your head, didn't you?" Michael said. "Do shut it before you find yourself divorced. Maybe you should take him with you, Brant, before she puts him in a bug jar.  Sorry. No port key. Not that I'm aware of. Not sure how he was planning on doing it, but I didn't deliberately hold out on you."

ooc: please don't let brant tell the ministry anything more about Siberia or his work for Robert. that's not something that Robert would want them to know anything about.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:11 am

Occ: don't worry hes not going to I promise, besides if they ask all hes going to say is hes a potioneer its what he does.

Brant nodded but could not help but chuckle then sighed as at the banter then he thought hard when he was told no port key. " okay I know a small village I can port to been there several times" he said and looked at them both , " okay try and stay in one bit while I'm gone, and I left extra healing potions in the lab." he said and ported out the house.

Jess walked in and looked at Brian she could tell and see his tension she wanted to make him sleep and looked to Michael " do you think it would help if I made him sleep, might keep his bits intact for a bit longer" she said and looked down at him as she made a note that he was healing well if stubbornly.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:31 pm

"No," Michael said, looking at Brian.  "You know to ask for it if you want it, Brian."

"Look, she knew what..." Brian began.

"No, now, you look. She is 7 months pregnant. She's getting a little tired of being this size now, and its making her touchy.  You should certainly expect this.  I realize she was bedbound with the triplets by this time, and right now, she's fighting to be up out of bed after her injuries from James. Given her advanced pregnancy, gaining her strength back is harder work.  You're a healer, why do I need to explain this to you?

"And lets please not forget that she just presumed her husband and her father were in a duel to the death.  You might have been in the duel, but she was thinking she was going to lose one or the other of you and was helpless to stop it. I realize this was necessary, but do try dialing down the stress a bit...."

"Dialing it down?" Brian frowned. "An hour ago, we were in a moonlight swim in a Mexican lagoon, and not missing the snow one little bit. I'm not the one dialing it up!  Its our beloved leader and his hairbrained schemes that's got everyone in an uproar."

"Hold your tongue," Michael bristled. "You have no clue whatsoever what he has to live with every day, the stress and the strain in his body and his brain that keeps him trapped within himself.  A lesser man would have gone mad by now.  I'll deal with Robert.  You need to focus in on your wife and the new baby. And its time you brought Angus back from Paris to take care of your estate.  The others have the kids well taken care of."

"Alright," Brian sighed, sitting up.  "I have things I have to do. I have no choice. Jess, could I have some clothes, please? The wet swim trunks really are cold now. I'd like to get cleaned up and into some thing warmer."

"You're going to need help getting cleaned up, Lad," Michael said.  "You've got more bandages than not right now.  And I don't know I fyou even know if you broke anything yet."

"I usually do," Brian sighed. When he dueled Robert, usually Brian broke something or another. He wasn't all that worried about it. "When I figure out what that is, I'll let someone know. Deal?"

In the meantime, Marcus knew that Brian had inadvertently hurt Khaat's feelings. Well intentioned as Brian had been to protect her, he hadn't used his words well. Marcus believed Khaat was an exceptionally beautiful woman, and he intended to try to boost her spirits. He went back to her room and found her there, just looking out the window at the snow.

"I have a request," he said to her. She turned and looked.

"Yes?" she asked.

"I'm getting a bit claustrophobic," he lied. "Do you mind if I go out for some air?"

"No. By all means," she said. "You don't know how to leave me anymore. Its fine."

"Hey," he said, "I have an idea. "Why don't you get your coat and your boots and you can go with me?"

"Me?" she frowned. "You'd want me along? Marcus, I'd just slow you up."

"Do I look like I'm in a hurry?" He laughed. "Come on. It would do us both good. We could go into London for lunch. I know a lovely little quiet Italian place. There's a chocolatier across the street and a few other shops I think you'd like."

"Do you always take your clients on unnecessary outings?" she gave him a slight smile.

"As long as we don't have to go to any cigar shops, I'm good with it," he laughed. "It used to be the first stop I had to make with my old clients."

"How do you feel about baby shops?"

"I'm actually really good with that," he laughed, relieved. He got his black wool coat and got her coat and her boots. He helped her with her boots and her coat and put his own coat on. "Come on. I presume we should tell someone we're going to be gone for an hour or two. I presume they won't mind you being gone that long. Seems like they have enough on their hands with their two patients." He took her and they headed downstairs to let someone know they were going out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:15 am

Jess sat quiet as they talked Michael doing most of it to Brian she looked at Michael when he asked for clothes but stood up and gathered a loose top and trousers so they would fit over his bandages. " Steven or Jack can help" she said as Jack walked in looking to Brian.

"Happy to help" he said then listened to Brian again then shook his head as he walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower " think you can make it or want me to help?" he asked and smiled knowing as stubborn as Brian was he still would ask if he needed help but being his boss he would not push any issue. Jess made sure all was with in reached for after his shower. She moved down stairs and saw Marcus and Khaat both dressed as if going for a walk.

" out for a walk?" she asked " don't blame you but stay safe its a little slippy under foot out there." she moved to sit back at the chess game and moved her knight taking Cassidy's bishop as she watched them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:30 am

"I'd like to see if I can do this myself, and hopefully not have to have Jess replace all the bandages," Brian said. "I'd like to go check on Robert then. I didn't intend to hit him very hard. Just enough to stop him. I wish I could touch him to get a better assessment for myself."

"I thought it would be a nice day for going out for a quick lunch," Marcus told Jess. "Some fresh air would do her good. I'm not surprised its a bit icy, but thanks for the heads up, since we've not been in the snow for a few days. Oh, and that reminds me. Someone needs to pick up our things from Brian and Khaat's holiday that was shortcut this morning and check out of the hotel. I presume I will need to do that when I get back, unless someone likes the idea of spending the afternoon under the palm trees and perhaps playing in the sand for awhile."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:54 am

Jess looked at Marcus and nodded " Cassidy can go and get them she can check out for you at the same time " she said and Cassidy looked up and nodded she would.

" sure its no lose , kids are asleep and quiet so I could slip out and back while you go eat." she told them and stood up grabbing her jacket she looked back at the game " don't move a thing" she told Jess who just chuckled and nodded.

" I won't move a thing Cassidy" she told her and cassidy smiled before she looked at Marcus.

" so name of hotel and room key please?" she asked " I'l need those if I'm to check you out of the room" she said and held out her hand waiting for it.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:20 am

"Its on the room key," Marcus said, handing her two identical keys--his and Brian's. "Its a two bedroom suite. Here's the portkey." He handed her a simple package of chewing gum.

"You sure we shouldn't go do that ourselves?" she asked Marcus.

"No," Marcus said. "Its not necessary for you to go back there. We're going to go out and have a bite of lunch. Cassidy, if you have problems, just come back and I'll go when I get back. Thank you. We'll be going into London, Jess. Trying to avoid the wizarding world for a couple hours. I presume there isn't anything we're in dire need of. Anything you know of that we want? I am generally out of touch with this place's household shopping. Not usually covered in my duties."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:42 am

Cassidy took the two keys and looked at the name then took the port key and nodded then left for the hotel. Jess looked at Marcus and shook her head as she spoke "Nope I don't think there is anything" she said " The house elves keep things pretty much stocked up" she told him " just go and relax and yes stay away from magic for now." She told him knowing the rest was what Khaat needed right now. " just keep her safe , but I don't have to tell you that" she said and smiled at them.

Steven walked in and sat down watching both of them. " seems Brian doesn't need Jack's help in washing and changing" he told them as he picked up a news paper.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:09 am

"Brian never needs help with anything," Khaat said coldly.

"Now, now," Marcus said. "I think we should go." He wrapped his arm around her waist and drew his one of his portkeys to London. "We'll see you later." He smiled. He was sure that she'd be in a better mood when they returned.

He took her to a very quiet, exclusive Italian restaurant for a glamorous lunch. He bought a bottle of a nonalcoholic sparkling wine and treated her to one of the best lunches out that she could remember of, even better with the recent holiday they had.

It didn't take him very long to make her smile again. He was sure that a little respect went a long way, and it distracted her from Brian's coldness.

Marcus had seen Brian get almost too cold with her when he had had to shift to being too logical, too militaristic, too much of a fighter. Marcus also understood that it came from having his job blended with his love of family. Brian's job was to protect his family, and that was tough even for the most seasoned fighter. He figured that a simple time out would give them both room to breathe.

The restaurant had a live piano player over the lunch hour, and he and Khaat watched a honeymoon couple that decided to dance to the music. He saw the look on Khaat's face.

"You miss it, don't you?" he asked.

"Miss what?" she asked.

"Dancing."

"I miss being thin enough to do it. Or not having my arm disrupt my life."

"Why should that stop you from dancing?"

"But it does!" she said.

"I don't see why it should," he said.

"That's because you're not the one dancing with me," she said. He smiled and stood up and reached for her hand.

"You cannot be serious," she scowled. She looked at her arm in a sling and her baby bump. "Have you lost your mind, Marcus?"

"Maybe you're just afraid to be seen with someone like me," he said, deliberately baiting her. She sighed, knowing he'd said it on purpose. She took his hand and he led her to the dance floor.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 82 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top