Marriage is Murder - Page 81
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 81 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 81 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Jack heard Brian's voice and the quiet that followed moving quickly he pushed open the door and saw the destruction that lay in front of him he then saw Brian and dove to his side. "JESS!!!" he called out. Jess looked up from where she was sat and heard Jack roping her book she dove to the door then looked over at Robert.

"Marcus or Michael get in here quick!!" she called out placing her hands on Brian and starting the healing and stopping the blood loss she saw happening. She stabilized him and breathed out " okay to his bed, no spare room don't need Khaat upset." She told Jack then looked at Michael and moved to Robert " damn, I can't touch him " she cursed wishing she could help. " hes going to take a lot of rest and recovery, guaranteed by that bump I see, he'll have one hell of concussion and head ache when he wakes."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:03 pm

Khaat heard Jack's distress call, and she bolted from her room behind Jess. Marcus ran after her. This wasn't going to be good.

She ran inside and saw the room almost totally destroyed, her father unconscious, and Brian laying in a pool of his own blood. Jess was tending to Brian already. She went quickly to her father and was about to start to treat him, when Marcus interfered again, and pulled her back.

"You can't touch him," he told her softly. She tried to wrestle free from his grasp, but he held on tightly. "No, now listen to me. Your father believes not spreading the curse is important enough to risk not just his life for, but when James attacked you, your father believed not spreading the curse was important enough to risk your life for too. You need to respect his wishes."

"I can't just leave him here!" she was angry now.

"We won't," he said. He fired red sparks from his wand out the broken bedroom window. "Where's that bloody vampire when you need him?" he sighed.

A moment later, a black swirling mist formed in the room and became Escobar. The vampire looked around the room casually. He saw Khaat still struggling to break free of her bodyguard's iron grasp.

Noiselessly, he walked over to Robert. He looked at Marcus and Khaat. "Move out of my way and let me work" he said quietly. She hesitated. "If you want to do something useful, get rid of the blood in this room before it triggers me into being very, very hungry," he added. He knelt by Robert and began to check.

"Nothing lifethreatening," Escobar said. "He's going to hurt for awhile, but he's going to live. On the other hand,..." he glanced at Brian. "He might be an entirely different story."

"Your helpfulness seems to be limited this morning," Marcus narrowed his eyes at Escobar, not liking that the vampire seemed to be less than hopeful that Brian would live. Escobar cast him a sarcastic glance, not bothered by Marcus being irked with him.

"We can touch Brian," Khaat said, unphased at Escobar. "We can't touch Daddy. Please."

"Alright, alright," Escobar said, taking charge of Robert. "Go do something else and let me work." He drew his wand and flicked it and levitated Robert and floated him out of the room to one of the spare rooms.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:56 pm

Jess saw Khaat and Marcus come in and shook her head she wanted to stop her seeing all this but now there was no turning back. She kept tending to Brian and the next thing Escobar was stood in the room and headed to Robert she was secretly glad he was there. she looked at Jack and motioned to the blood after Escobar spoke about it. Jack dove out and grabbed a bucket and mop returning he cleaned it up once Brian was settled in to his room.

" I have your bleeding under control and your broken bones are healing and set but try not to move for at least and hour" she told him gently as she double checked his wounds, the burns on his skin now healing and nothing but light red marks but she knew his bones would take longer.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:13 am

"Thanks," Brian said weakly to Jess. "I don't know if I can give you that long. If Robert is still out of control when he wakes up, I'll have to be up. And I don't want to hurt him."

"You wont have to," Michael said. "I've asked Escobar to use a strong calming spell on him. It seems that spell is something that vampires are particularly gifted at. Makes sense once you think about it. However, I do know what he was fighting for. I'm just not going to let him run a fool's errand."

"That's not like him," Brian frowned.

"Its not that the errand is out of the question, but for him to do it? In his position? That's foolish."

"How do I help?"

"You don't. He's alive, and he's not buggaring off in the next few minutes. So--I'm about to go subvert my good friend and take his map and send Brant."

"Brant?" Brian frowned. "Why Brant?"

"Aside from Robert? Brant's the only other potions maker here under 70," Michael said. "As I said to Kate a few moments ago, trust me." He headed down the hallway and called, "Belby! I've got this. Don't let her be stupid!" He went downstairs to find Brant.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:22 am

Jess smiled as she heard Brian talk she was about to reply but Michale spoke first she just staid at his bed side monitoring Brian's vitals. She was happy to hear Michael mention Brant then call for him. No sooner he had finished Brant ran up and in to the room.

" you yelled?" he said and looked at Brian then to Michael but said nothing knowing all would be reveled, but by the look on his face Brant nodded " I'm packed and ready" he simply said to him waiting for orders from Michael weather he was to go get the ingredients.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:40 am

"Yes," Michael said. "For now, you work for me. Not Robert...."

"No,..." Brian began. Michael held up his hand.

"Leave it, Brian," Michael said. "If Robert continues to be angry, better he be angry with me for these choices and not you." He looked at Brant.

"You'll be going to Siberia. I presume you know how to survive a Siberian winter. I have Robert's map. It looks like treacherous ground, and that's just from what I can decipher from glancing at it. There's a great deal of it in code--a code that Robert has obviously broken but didn't bother to make it easy for us by translating it for us. He likes little brainy puzzles like that, and I haven't taken the time with this.

"You'll be on your own, and you'll just have to deal with it as it comes. You'll be meeting a contact of Robert's and picking up a package and bringing it back.

"Apparently the danger is not in the going but in the bringing back of the package," Michael said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:11 am

Jess watched as Brant stood and listed to Michael he nodded " yes sir, i do" he said and Looked to Brian when he spoke then back to Michael as he continued he had not been on this type of mission but had handled dangerous ingredients when he was wandering. " don't worry I'll be careful, and hard puzzles are my favorite" he said and knew he would have his work cut out to decipher the code Robert had left them.

Jess looked up at him and he smiled " Don't worry I'll come back in one piece. " he said " besides Gwen and I have our first date soon" he said and looked at Michael again " so when do you want me to leave?" he asked accioing a battered knapsack to his hand. " it has everything i kneed in it" he slipped it over his shoulder. " so not clues where to start, may be Khamar-Daban its a mountain range near the Baikal Mountains." he said " there quite remote, good for getting lost in?" he added.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:08 am

"Brant," Brian said, reaching for the map from Michael, "Khaat's seers powers are usually fairly accurate. If this task was one that caused Robert the kind of fear she picked up on, then there is more than likely good cause for it. Don't take this quite so casually."

"Indeed," Michael said, letting Brian look over the map. "My understanding is that you are to pick up some of the most deadly potions ingredients in existence. These are ingredients that haven't been used in England in your lifetime because of how dangerous they are. They're all but outlawed here, and rarely used anywhere in the wizarding world anymore. Getting there isn't the issue. Getting back with them alive is.

"And your contact has no issue whatsoever with killing anyone he doesn't trust. Here's the thing with that, though. He doesn't trust anybody. The winter weather may be the kindest part of the trip.

"The route is mapped out relatively clearly," Brian said. "Or it would be to Robert's mind. The trail is an old code. That's not the business I'm worried about. The old code is a simple map reading code. Remus taught it to us years ago, and we used it to play hide and seek. Your trail starts on the western edge of Siberia and ends suddenly in the middle of the mountains.

"The part of the map you need to worry about are the little bits along the way. That's a new code--one I've not seen before. I'm guessing these are obstacles. The closer you get to the end of the trail, the more frequently they occur. It must be the wizard's security. And would guess they get more dangerous as you get closer.

"The bits you're talking about are in two different colors, Brian," Michael pointed out.

"Yes," Brian said. "It reminds me of a bedtime story Remus used to tell about an adventurer. He talked about the adventurer running into one set of obstacles on the tale to the treasure and another set on the way out--to stop anyone from escaping if they actually got to the treasure. If I'm right, you'll have to have your wits about you every inch of the way there and back.

"You don't have to do this," Brian said. "Just so you know. The chance of any potion working from these sorts of ingredients has to be so incredibly remote that you might be just on a wild goose chase that Robert is doing because he's so utterly desperate to get rid of the curse. He might well have intended to put his life on the line for any chance to be normal again. This is most likely completely pointless. You don't have to go. I can try to reason with him when he wakes up. Or Michael or Edward. He might listen to us--depending on what he's like when he wakes up."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:09 am

Brant looked at Brian and sighed " trust me I'm not I know the area is deadly, inside I'm shaking like a leaf, but I know what you mean I want do this, Robert needs it be it just a plasebo or not " he said and looked to Michael as he spoke again looking at the map he nodded " got it " he said and drew his finger over the map memorizing it then he nodded " okay got it " he said and looked at Brian.

" if it helps Robert even a little its something" he told him " I'll check my equipment again and add to it. " he patted his leg where his wand sat strapped to it.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:37 am

Khaat could sit by no longer. With Marcus following her, she went to the spare room where Brian was, hearing talk about a mission for her father. Something he'd been willing to fight for, clearly.

"I'm going with you," she told Brant. Brian rolled his eyes in exasperation at her. He glanced up at Marcus who was also understanding the ridiculousness of it.

"No," Brian told her. "You're not. I can't have you waddling about the Siberian mountains in January. For goodness sakes--your left arm is paralyzed. You couldn't climb an icy mountain side if your life depended upon it. Not to mention that you're 7 months pregnant and you can't even see your feet. Those mountain passes are entirely too narrow for you to get through safely...."

Her eyes narrowed at him in anger. "Are you saying I'm fat?"

Marcus looked at Brian cautioningly. Marcus well knew from experience how testy women could be about their figures by the time they reached their third trimester, and Brian was certainly now on shaky ground with her. He was hoping Brian would not continue to put his foot in his mouth with her.

"No!" Brian said quickly. "I'm saying that those paths up the mountains are so narrow that, right now, you're just going to be wider than...."

Khaat's right hand flinched, and Marcus could see her tense up.

"He's not meaning that as it sounds," Marcus tried to temper her by speaking softly into her ear.

"He means it exactly as he says it," she hissed back at Marcus, her eyes never leaving Brian.

"Oh, come on!..." Brian began. She turned around and headed for the door. She spun around and glared at him angrily.

"Next time you carry the baby and do the labor room, if you've really got it all under control," she said, furious. She left, storming back to her room.

"I"d have thought you'd have know better, Mate," Marcus said to him, turning to go after her.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top