Marriage is Murder - Page 90
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 90 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 90 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 90 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:49 am

Jim appeared back in the house his wand drawn as he went to find Brian " everything okay?" he asked finding both of them " Khaat is fretting in the safe house over if your still alive which I can clearly see you are" he said just as Brant appeared.

"Hey guys " he said and saw the emptiness of the house and some what destroyed bed room " um...did I miss something?" he asked and looked to Jim and the others still in his suit and some what bewildered at what he had missed.

" I'll fill him in" Jim said " Go gather your things we have moved to a safe house." he told Brant "but be careful James broke in some how and still could be around here." he told him Brant quickly moved to his room and then headed back to the bed room
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:59 am

"She should know I don't die that easily," Brian sighed. He was quickly becoming frustrated. "I've checked these doors and windows a dozen times. There's nothing wrong with them. Nothing wrong with the locks, nothing wrong with the protection charms. How the hell did he get in here? Even if he got back on the grounds, how the hell did he get in the house? We've never, ever been breeched before. Never."

"Perhaps you weren't breeched," Escobar said. "When it doesn't make sense, go with the evidence and see where it takes you. If there's no damage to the doors and windows and no evidence of tampering, then perhaps they weren't tampered with."

"Now you're not making any sense."

"Oh, yes I am. Clearly he got onto the grounds. But perhaps he had help getting into the house."

"What are you saying?" Brian frowned.

"What makes sense, with the evidence, is that one of your staff is a traitor and not to be trusted," Escobar said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:14 am

Jim listened and sighed as Escobar spoke "Shes pregnant who can guess and what hes trying to say is that maybe he had help getting in." he said and looked at Brian just as Brant walked back in his back pack was over his shoulder and he was changed back into his jeans and tee shirt a casual yet smart look now to his way of dressing.

"He could be right, " Brant said " if what you say is right and nothing was damaged and all spells intact thats the only way he could have got in and out." Brant looked around the room as well then stopped and looked at Escobar for a second.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:29 am

"I guess I didn't want to think anyone I trusted would do that," Brian sighed. "But if that's the case, I'm going to find them. And I will kill them. I'm not bringing my family back until I know, beyond all doubt, that they'll be safe."

He considered another thought. "Brant, we evacuated immediately. Go into my office and open up the space behind the big landscape painting behind my desk. There is a huge messenger back in there. Grab it. Be careful--its very heavy. Don't let it out of your sight. Hopefully, Robert's enchantments on it still hold. If they do, none of us should be able to open it. I'm going to trust you with hand delivering that to Robert when we get to the safehouse. I don't think he had time to get it before we had to leave."

"Jim, I'll let you talk to the house elves. I can't imagine they did this. They're sworn to lifelong loyalty to those they work for. But I think we should start there since they're the only other ones who work in the house. Everyone else works out on the grounds and only come in the house when they have to," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:58 am

Brant listened and nodded moving he headed to Brian's office moving to where he had said he opened the picture and breathed out seeing the messenger bag still in its hiding place. Taking it out he held it against him as he headed back to Brian in Khaats room. "I got it Brian, but I don't have a port key." he told him and looked at him.  Jim had gone to talk with the elves and returned some what perplexed.

" they didn't have anything to do with letting him in but they did see a guard acting strange over by the west wall there they saw James leave by" he told Brian and noted Brant with the large book in his arms " I'll take Brant to the safe house when hes ready" he said and glanced at him Brant just chuckled and shifted the bag.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:10 am

"That's fine," Brian said, agreeing to Jim taking Brant to the safehouse. Brian knew Brant didn't have a key. He knew Brant hadn't been there when Robert gave out the keys, but Brian hadn't had the ring of keys. Robert had had it. At the moment, it didn't matter to Brian how people got there--just so they got there.

"One of my ground crew?" Brian frowned. "Most of them have been with me from the beginning, from my early days in Paris. I've fought alongside almost every one of them. They're not going to put my family--my wife, my kids, Robert--at risk...." He stopped short. His training taught him differently--taught him to be willing to look at things even when it was hard. And this was hard. If there wasn't someone who had betrayed him, then there was a very serious breech in security. "Either way, I must have missed something," he said heavily. "I'm going to have to talk to each one of them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:18 am

Jim nodded as he was told he could take Brant to the safe house he stood and listened to Brian " Thats what they said " he told him " I'll let Khaat know that your still alive and kicking ass" he said and smirked " okay Brant I'll take you then come back " he told Brian. Brant walked over and held his coat as he ported away to the safe house.

Brant staggered back and sat down he saw Robert and breathed out " Brian thought you forgot this" he said and walked over to give him the bag. Jim looked at Khaat and smiled.

" hes fine and alive and kicking ass we think it was an inside job so hes looking into it, I got to get back, he shouldn't be much longer" he reassured her and smiled as he ported back to the house.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:39 am

Robert took the bag from Brant, glad to have it. He checked to be sure his protection spells were still in place. Seeing that they were, he tucked the bag under his arm, preparing to take it to the basement.

"Robert," Kate asked. "Are you sure you even need that thing here?" He didn't change his expression. He merely headed for the basement.

"Should I even ask what that is?" Michael asked.

"Its his 'last resort' bag," Kate said. "It has everything in it that he believes he needs to have in case of the last resort. He's been keeping a 'last resort' bag of some sort since the break out of the second wizarding war."

"Do you know what's in it?" Michael asked, frowning.

"A bloody lot of potions stuff, some books and ledgers of some sort, some medical equipment and supplies, and I don't know what else," she said. "The only other person that I know he has allowed to know what all he has in it is Brian.."

"Then if Brian knows what's in it, I presume he felt it was time for Robert to have it," Michael said.

Hours passed. As the long night passed, Marcus tried repeatedly to get Khaat to give in and go to bed. She refused, unable to rest without Brian following them to the safehouse. He tried to tell her it might well be days before Brian showed but, but she wasn't giving in. He did get her to at least stretch her legs out on the sofa, and he found pillows and a blanket so that she could be a bit more comfortable if she were so determined to sit up and wait.

Meanwhile, near dawn, back at the estate, Brian found one of the grounds crew in one of the guard towers, and the guard was counting a large bag full of galleons.

"Whats' this?" Brian frowned. The guard turned and saw he'd been caught. He didn't answer right away. Brian saw the look in his face. "No," Brian said. "Tell me you didn't sell out my family." The guard didn't reply. "Why?" Brian demanded. "Why would you do this..."

"He paid me!" the guard retorted angrily. "Do you have any idea what that much money looks like to a man like me?..."

Brian grabbed him, unable to control his rage.

Some time later, as Michael and Angus were starting breakfast, Brian ported finally to the safehouse. He was covered in blood. Khaat perked up, saw him port in saw all the blood and began to panic.

"Its not me!" Brian said quickly. "Its not mine. Calm down. I'm fine."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 am

Jim watched and turned his back as Brian confronted the man he ahd found with the gold keeping the others out of line of sight he made sure all was cleaned up once Brian was done and gone once he was sure nothing was out of place he told them that any one else who betrayed them would meet the same fate. " loyalty to the family is all we ask, if you can't do that, nows the time to leave." He told them and walked away as he walked he ported to the safe house.

Appearing He saw Brian and shook his head " all cleaned up, unlike you" he told him. " Brant and I will sweep the area before taking the night shift the others can rest and take over in the morning, now please take a shower and take Khaat to your bed to sleep." He motioned to Brant who stood up and headed out the large double doors.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:56 am

Marcus looked at Brian, needing to be sure Brian wasn't stretching the truth to soothe Khaat. But all he saw was honesty in Brian's face.

"He's telling the truth," Marcus said to her quietly. "Brian, Jim's right. Go shower. We're fine."

"Be sure," Brian said.

"We'd be better if you weren't scaring the shit out of us," Michael said sarcastically, coming over. "Was there not water where you were? Forget to pay the water bill, did they?"

"I don't have a water bill," Brian frowned.

"Go make yourself presentable before you scare the kids too," Michael said. Brian headed for the shower. Michael looked at Jim. "I don't think we want to know, do we?" he asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 90 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top