Marriage is Murder - Page 34
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 34 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 34 of 100 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 34 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:13 am

Jess chuckled and nodded " Its okay and the tea tray for Robert, I'll start that too " she said and began by making a fresh pot of coffee and tea for those who want it " Don't get mixed up coffee to Khaat and tea to Robert." she told them and sent them up while cleaning up where she had been working " okay whats next?" she asked softly. Moving to slid a cup of coffee acros to beside him "Take a break for a second and drink " she said took her own " we're clean for now kids will not be down for at least a couple of hours." she told him knowing them all too well. Steven walked in and took a cup of coffee and drank it breathing out in relife as he did.

"Nectar" he said and chuckled as he walked to the gym for his morning work out.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 pm

"I don't know if you saw I made cinnamon rolls last night or not. I let them sit to rise. They're just ready to bake," Angus said. He found them and put them in the oven. "I presume you and Cassidy will take care of the kids at least for the morning because I don't know how much nanny stuff a house elf really does. I didn't have a nanny. I had family, so this is new ground for me."

"You'll learn," Michael said, coming in. He poured himself a mug of tea. "its been a long time since I worked with house elves. I've gotten into the habit of just making the house take care of itself."

"Can't say that I've gotten into that either," Angus said. "Khaat has too much of her mother in her to let magic do everything. And Kate prefers to do most things by hand."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:27 pm

Jess smiled and looekd to Cassidy who walked down and made her hair into its ushual stae and nodded to her she would help" of course we will " she said to Angus and moved to the buns she slipepd them into the oven and began to set the table.

"Cassidy and I didn't ether I think Jack was the only one brought up around them, even Steven I don't think had any" she said and smiled " but it will be good to have some spare time." she had just finshed when Jack walked in with a deer over his shoulder.

" hey Angus do you think you could do something with this , I thought a barbaque " he said and saw the worried look Jess gave him untill he held up a bow and arrow and he smiled " needed the practice" he said but looekd to Angus"don't worry his rear leg was broke I put it out of his misory " he said to him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:34 pm

"Thank you," Angus said.  Michael began to set the table for breakfast.  He also made a mixed fruit juice for breakfast that was made from a number of different juices and put it on the table. It was a new blend, but he believed they'd like it.

"I'm sure we can process the meat after breakfast, but do please leave it outside until we can do that.  It might well get quite messy before we can clean it up.  By the way, I'm confused. I thought Brant was to go get the elves. Then last night, Steven, I though you were going to go do it instead, and its after 5, and I see no elves whatsoever.  Who's going to pick up the elves? The Gringotts goblins do not take tardiness lightly."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:45 pm

Jack nodded and moved it back out side just as Steven swore and ported out. Jess chuckled and Cassidy shook her head " that will teach him to stay up late" she said and returned to making up th breakfast table . Steven returned with teh house elves and made them stand in the living room.

" OKAY! were back" he called out looking at each one " hey just stay there" he said and waited for Angus " think they need some better things that those rags " he said his arms folded across his chest.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:58 pm

"Hold your tongue," Edward said to Steven rather quickly. Edward knew that some house elves took great pride in their 'uniforms' and chose to wear the rags even when offered better. "We'll work through that."

Edward went into the living room.

"You are the master?" one of the elves asked Edward.

"No," Edward said. "He'll be along shortly. The lady of the house is bedridden from a serious injury, but you will meet her so that you can serve her. Her husband is the master of the estate. He is your employer. But know who you serve. You serve the Chief Warlock and her husband and their children. And as long as you serve her, you also serve the Minister and anyone else who lives in this home or who is a guest here."

Brian came downstairs, rather on the run, knowing he was running late. He was not looking like any estate master the elves had ever seen. He wore jeans, a denim shirt and was fastening his watch around his wrist as he ran down the stairs, two at a time.

"And here would be the master of the house now," Edward said. The house elves looked confused. They were expecting the old money, former Slytherin families that were piled high in tradition. The young man in front of them was about as far from their expectations as it got.

However, the older man and woman who followed was more fitting of their expectations. Then they recognized the man. He was the Minister of Magic--the man who had been missing since an assassination attempt. He was known to be in hiding, but no one knew why. And here he was. Not so hidden at the moment.

"Welcome," Brian said to them. "We appreciate you all joining our household. We can definitely use your help. It is a very large house with many, many people."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:04 am

Steven fround but did as he was told feeling bit like hired help he looekd to Jess who hld up her hand to say she would explain later and he relaxed watching and listening as Edward spoke to the house elves. Jack out side placed the deer in a large shed hanging it up then returned after washing up in a rain barrell he walked back in an stopped in the kitchen hearing ewards comanding voice to Steven. He realy didn't want to be on the receving end of that and so stayed with Jess and Angus in the kitchen.

" Got anything for me to do?" he asked softly hoping to be of some use again and feel like normal.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:17 am

"Do please stop taking everything personally," Kate sighed, speaking calmly, seeing Steven immediately becoming offended. "If you haven't dealt with house elves before, then I suggest you watch and learn instead."

She was so sick and tired of seeing it that she was losing patience. If it wasn't Jack it was Steven. Now Jack seemed to be learning to choose to be human, only for Steven to get bent out of shape. Kate was pissed. She didn't know why Robert put up with them this long.

Brian had missed all of this because he was busy starting to orient the house elves.

Kate had noticed Jack had come back in for breakfast. "Perhaps you and Jess would help get the kids up and ready for breakfast? It looked like Angus and Michael are starting to put plates on the table." She pointed to the dining room table to Michael and Angus who were starting to set the kids' plates on the table. "You know they don't like cold eggs very well."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:34 am

Steven looked at Kate and nodded " yea, sorry Kate, just got confused for a moment." he said and listened. Jack turned to see Kate as she spoke to him and he nodded before he spoke to her.

"Of course " he said and Jess smiled moving with Jack up stairs to the nursary and the kids. Both returned walking down with each hand holding a child. Steven watched and began to understand more about the house do's and don'ts of the elves. Jess moved the kids who watched the house elves with child like curiosity as they walked into the dinning room and sat each one down and handed them their cups and breakfast.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:02 am

Brian learned a bit about the elves as they introduced themselves. There were two female house elves--Dotty and Suki--and two males--Jobey and Zodey.

Edward assisted Brian with some very delicate negotiations regarding Brian's desire to pay them something, his desire to supply them a decent quarters for themselves, and then, the touchiest of all, a willingness on Brian's part to give them better clothes if they would take them. It took long, delicate negotiations to get it done without offending them.

They agreed to the living quarters and found the ones that had been made for them were acceptable. They refused pay but did agree to accept to eat the same foods that the rest of the house ate. And they agreed to let Brian take a white pillow case for each of them and transfigure the pillow cases to what looked like a sort of a nightshirt, but it was a bit more tasteful than a pillowcase.

Brian finally introduced the elves to everyone else, and encouraged everyone to help them get to know their way around and to help them see what the tasks of the house were. He didn't expect the elves to do everything, but he preferred everyone find a way to work together.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 100 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top