Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 21
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 21 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ravenclaw Common Room

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 21 Empty Re: Ravenclaw Common Room

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:37 pm

"Er... yes. I was trying to practice Aguamenti nonverbally." he said, then realized he seemed a bit rude in saying it the way he did. "But it wasn't going well, I didn't want to anyway. He was a little desperate to start a conversation and escape from the small talk they were in now. He searched for some kind of topic that they may have mutual interest for. "Do you like Quidditch much?" he asked awkwardly.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Davina nodded, not reading too much into it. She didn't pick up on any rudeness as she didn't really understand people that well. She was extremely clever in class, but she just didn't know anything you couldn't learn from a textbook. "I haven't played much of it, really. The old Captain didn't like me so never let me on the team. I'd like to start playing it though as my parents love it. Do you?" she replied, saying a surprising amount about herself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Sterling smiled unintentionally, he actually began to feel a little comfortable. "Absolutely not. I'm dreadful at Quiddtich" he said automatically. He grinned a little wider. "I'm not good at much of anything outside the classroom." He adjusted his Ravenclaw scarf. He was always patriotic of his house, honored to be a member of it. "My sisters are really good at Quidditch, they're really popular too. We're almost polar opposites. How are you parents?" he asked, now genuinely interested.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:09 pm

As strange as it sounded, Davina smiled when he said he wasn't good at much of anything outside the classroom. She was finding she could relate quite well to him. "Same here." she agreed with him. She was good at lots of things in the classroom though, she thought to herself.

Her parents, she thought. "Well, my parents seemed to be good at a lot of things. They both played Quidditch, were clever and popular. I guess I'm a bit of a disappointment, as I've never been that popular and never got a real chance at Quidditch." she told Sterling. She left out her brother purposely. "What are your parents like?" she asked in return, as he'd only talked about his sisters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:17 pm

"My parents are both Muggle born," he replied, letting down his guard completely. This was a fact he rarely shared and as he did so this time hardly seemed to notice how personal it was. He forgot about Voldemort's impending reign and that this fact may lead teh the later persecution of his parents. "They were relatively popular in their Muggle schools. My dad said he was good at Cricket. I don't know what that is though... My mum went to the same school he did, she was 2 years below him. My whole family's wizards though, all my siblings are." He paused. "Do you have any siblings?" Sterling had quite forgotten the Charms homework he had previously been working on.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:26 pm

Davina was surprised that he told her outright that his parents were muggle-born, most people hid facts like that nowadays. She wasn't going to tell anyone though. It wasn't like she had anyone to tell, really. "Isn't cricket the sport with a bat and ball, where you run to and from something." she said, thinking she was right. "My Aunt is a squib, she married a muggle and had muggle children. I look after them a lot so I learn a lot about muggles." she explained why she knew hat.

Davina sighed inside. She knew he would ask about her brother. "Um, I have an older brother. He's twenty now but left home at sixteen. He plays football. He's a squib too, we seem to have a lot of them in our family." she told him, not being able to avoid a direct question. Her family did seem to have more squibs than normal for some reason, though nobody had any idea why. "Where abouts do you live?" she asked him, not wanting the conversation to completely end. She wanted it to continue. That made a change.

[[OOC: English football, AKA soccer.]]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:33 pm

"I used to live in America. There's a school there, but everybody know Hogwarts is the best, so that's why I'm attending." He replied, once again he was thrilled to be in Ravenclaw House. "My little brother's a squib too. After 5 kids, odd are one of them would be, no?" he asked, not at all ashamed of his little brother, whom revered him. She seemed a little uneasy when she mention her brother, so Sterling resolved not to press the subject.

"Do you take Muggle studies? Being so close to them would probably make it an easy O for you wouldn't it?" he asked, and realized only a second later this may have been an offensive questions. He decided not to make further comment and quickly changed the subject again before she could respond. "Umm... I didn't it seems like it would be a little too hard for me." he said, attempting flattery to mask his rudeness.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:56 pm

"Wow, that must have been amazing living in America." she commented "What was it like there?" she asked him. She couldn't remember the name of the Wizarding school over there, though she suspected there were quite a few as it was a much bigger country than Britain. She wondered what his younger brother would do. He brother had deserted her family, he hated magic.

"Yeah, I take muggle studies. I'm alright at some of it but some is hard, like Muggle History which I don't know a lot about." she told him, remembering her Muggle Studies OWL. She didn't think it had gone too well, she hoped she got at least EE though. She wanted straight O's though. She was didn't notice that the question could be rude, she was busy thinking about her Muggle Studies exam. "I'm sure you'll find it fine." she told him. He was in Ravenclaw so he must be reasonably clever, she guessed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:59 pm

"I liked it in America. I lived in New Mexico... there are only 3 wizarding families in the entire state!" he replied. He then addressed her Muggle Studies question. "I haven't signed up to take Muggle Studies. I'm doing ancient runes instead."

Sterling noticed he had started to force conversation again, the ease of the conversation a moment ago seeming to leave. Awkwardly he remembered his Charms homework nd realized with a stab what he had just revealed about his parents to an absolute stranger. He began to regret it. Could she possibly be a dark witch? He started to worry, distancing himself inadvertantly from the conversation, turning back to the book he was supposed to be studying, but not completely shutting out the possibility of further conversation.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:57 pm

"I've always wanted to visit America." Davina replied, wondering what it would be like to live there. "I can't imagine being so far away from other wizarding families, though, that would be really weird for me." she told Sterling.

Davina noticed the conversation was slowly coming to a halt. She tried to think of something to say, but she wasn't very good at this. "What's Ancient Runes like?" she asked. It wasn't going to keep the conversation going for much longer, but it was better than nothing, she thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top