Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 23
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 23 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ravenclaw Common Room

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 23 Empty Re: Ravenclaw Common Room

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Sterling smiled back. The truth was, he could already do the Disarming Charm nonverbally, but in order to be respectful he replied, "Thanks for the advice. I'll start working on that one next. Do you do much dueling?
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Davina would have assumed he started with expelliarmus, but she guessed not. She was glad to help him in some way. "I don't do a lot of duelling. I missed the sign-ups for the last duelling competition." she began, wishing she took part in it. "I do some other duels if I get into an argument with some people though. I got into one with a Slytherin a while back who was saying I worked too much, then it escalated from there." she told Sterling, remembering the duel. It had been a great day, defeating Black.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:41 pm

"That sounds fun." he said, smiling as he imagined the gentle girl he conversed with in an infuriated duel with a faceless Slytherin. "I can never stand it when people can't respect you while your studying. It's your option to be productive with your time just as much as it is their's to waste it." Sterling said, imagining children playing around, wasting time they could be using to positively for wizarding society as a whole. The thought infuriated him, but he was able to suppress it easily by seeing the friendly face in front of him.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:56 pm

It had been a while since Davina had duelled, she wouldn't mind doing it again sometime. She completely agreed with Sterling on this. "I know. They don't seem to understand how important these exams are, for jobs and for life in general." she agreed, thinking of past arguements about this with Black. She hated that boy. "They just spend time chatting or playing Quidditch, but that won't help them get a career." she pointed out. She was glad to have someone who agreed with her, not many people saw the importance of work nowadays, she thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 pm

"Oh I KNOW! Like, how many people are going to ever get a career in Quidditch anyway? Very slim odds. And then, even worse, who's going to have a career in messing around and being unproductive?" he replied. Sterling cast his gaze around and realized many of the Ravenclaws were going to bed. Upon looking out the window, he realized it was dark. Had he really wasted this much time talking?? He forced himself to think otherwise. Not wasted, used. he told himself firmly. This was exactly the thing his sister's would rather have him spend his day doing.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:18 pm

[[OOC: D'you want to go to bed soon or stay up half the night talking?]]

"Exactly. About twenty people in the entire country will make it." Davina guessed roughly. "You can't exactly get a job for being nice or anything, you need some sort of qualification. Which you won't get if you don't work." she added. Sterling was right, you couldn't get a career in messing around. It just wasn't going to happen. Nobody would hire you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 pm

[[OOC: Lol, it's not night time where I am. If you want to go to bed though, that's fine]]

Sterling was sure being nice would help in getting a job, although he didn't vocalize this due to the fact that he was agreeing with somebody for the first time in as long as he could remember. He disagreed with his sister's even to come to this school. "It's true. he said instead. He noted how there were only four other people in the common room now--three. Two. This was the first time he had ever been one of the last people still in the common room. He shifted uncomfortably in his chair.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:40 pm

[[OOC: I meant our characters, as you said it was getting late so I was thinking should Davina/Sterling get tired and go to bed or forget and carry on chatting.]]

Davina noticed Sterling wasn't saying much. "I guess being nice does help." she admitted, going back on what she said. "I meant you need things like qualifications, nobody will hire someone who is just 'nice' but has nothing else to offer." she tried to explain herself. She wasn't very good at it. She looked around and saw that they were the last two left in the common room. The time had flown by.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:46 pm

[[OOC: Sterling doesn't actually WANT to go to bed, he just thinks that he probably SHOULD go to bed, because he's a goody goody]]

"What do you think would happen if the wizarding world ran out of people like us? If they were full to the brim of naught but the slackers this school is full of? The minister of magic himself would be like that! I mean, what if we just ran out of people like us? What choice would we have? Sterling said this suddenly, the words spilling out. This had been his idea of the Apocalypse before just then. He wanted to hear the opinion of someone else who thought the same way as he did.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:51 pm

[[OOC: Same with Davina, lol xD.]]

Davina listened to his idea with interest. It wasn't often she had conversations like this, not many people listened to her and came up with things like this. "That's a really good point." she agreed. "Who would teach at Hogwarts? I mean, no new inventions would ever happen, no new potions or new spells." she continued thinking of things. "No new brooms for the Quidditch lovers." she added, smiling. "We have control over so much, they don't realise how much they rely on us. The world would go all pear-shaped." she finished. It wasn't often she talked that long. Sterling had come up with a really good point. The world needed people like them to carry itself on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top