Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 24
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 24 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ravenclaw Common Room

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 24 Empty Re: Ravenclaw Common Room

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:56 pm

"Racing brooms. I hadn't thought of that." Sterling said, having not thought of that. He was amazed that there was somebody that not only agreed and considered his ideas, but offered more to the theory. He smiled. "Speaking of spells, I've invented one. Want to see?"
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:05 am

Davina was glad that she managed to add something to Sterling's amazing idea. She returned his smile. When he said he'd invented his own spell, it struck her by surprise. It was hard to invent spells, really hard. He must be an amazingly talented wizard, she though. "Wow, really?" she asked, though believing him. "I would love to see it." she answered, smiling. She was very impressed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:15 am

Davina had a look of surprise on her face. A feeling of joy swooped through Sterling. "Three, actually." he added, not wanting the moment to end. "One gives you frizzy hair, one is a charm that makes objects hot to the touch indefinitely until touched, and one is kind of a rude curse." he said. "You better do the first and third, I wouldn't want to ruin your hair. Or slap you with a spell." He said. He wrote the spells down on a spare piece of parchment. Capillus exito, adustum timor, and impelius He demonstrated the adustum timor on an unoccupied chair. "That'll be a nasty surprise for somebody tomorrow." He said smiling. "No, I'll sit in it. Cast the first and third at me, it fun." he finished, handing her the parchment.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:27 am

Davina was even more surprised that he had made up three. She listened to his descriptions, then looked at the parchment. She wasn't sure if she wanted to give him frizzy hair, but then again, he had already said he didn't mind, he thought. "Ok then." she agreed, taking her wand out of her cloak. "Capillus exito." she said, pointing her wand at Sterling. She really hoped that she would get it the first time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:30 am

Sterling felt his loose hanging dirty blonde hair rise on end. Rather than a minor frizz that it usually gave, it was as if it had been gelled directly upward. He staggered backward by the force of it. He admired the girl who was more adept at his own spell on a first attempt that he was. "Wow! That was really really good!" he said enthusiastically. Now knowing the power of her magic, was wasn't so sure he wanted a magical slap from her but braced himself for the impact regardless. "Okay, have a go at the next one," he suggested.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 am

Davina was astonished by the results. Sterling had made up all of these spells? She hadn't made up a spell before. Sterling would be a really good inventor in the future, she thought. She smiled as the spell worked. "Wow, I did it!" she said, shocked.

"Are you sure you want me to slap you?" Davina asked, tentively. She got out her wand and pointed it at him. "Impelius." she said, trying to put less enthusiasm into it. She didn't want it to be very strong at all. She quickly thought of healing charms in her mind, in case the spell worked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:48 am

Sterling felt a very soft touch on his cheek. It was more of a gentle touch than a slap, but he amped up the theatrics and made it appear as if he had been slapped with the power he had been frizzed. "Wow! Good job!" He said enthusiastically, although it really wasn't. He was a bit worried what the effect would be if she put more umph behind it.

In case she worried, he quickly added [b]"I'm fine though. Have you ever invented any spells?"
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:53 am

Davina had tried to be gentle, but it didn't seem like it worked. She was annoyed with herself, she was usually able to control power much power she used. "Are you sure you're ok?" she asked, feeling really bad that she had hurt him. She made a mental note to practice controlling her magic.

Davina shook her head. "No, I haven't. I've never had an idea, really. Most spells have already been thought of." she said. Just as she was saying this, an idea came into her head. "I know!" she said excitedly. "How about a spell that turns other house's robes into Ravenclaw colours." she said, smiling, imagining the entire school wearing Ravenclaw robes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:57 am

"That would be amazing! What I usually do is study the latin roots that magic is usually most effective in, then just change it slightly. You have to have exactly what you want to happen in mind when you say it. That's almost more important than the incantation. Then once the appropriate words are added it just adds power." he was impressed with himself for giving lessons to a 5th year.

[[OOC: C u 2morrow! We can pick this up or not, whatever Smile]]
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Davina carefully listened to Sterling, as he seemed to be an accomplished spell inventor. "I think I've got a latin book upstairs in my dormitory, I'll just go and get it." she remembered.

Davina put her books onto the table and half walked, half ran up to her dormitory. She opened her trunk and found the book within seconds, as everything was neatly organised and the books were in alphabetical order. She picked up the book, closed the trunk and went back down to the common room.

Davina sat back down in her chair. "Here." she said, opening the book. She looked up 'robes' as that was an essential part of the spell. "Well 'cloak' is 'amiculum'." she started. "'Ungu+' is claw and 'corvus' is raven. So 'Amiculum Ungucorvus' would be about right." she asked for confirmation. She thought she was right. It was a pity they had nobody to practise it on at the moment, they only had Ravenclaw cloaks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top