Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 22
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 22 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ravenclaw Common Room

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ravenclaw Common Room - Page 22 Empty Re: Ravenclaw Common Room

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:14 pm

At the mention of his favorite subject, Sterling brightened. "Oh! Ancient Runes! That's my favorite subject! It's so interesting, learning a different language. I don't really know why I'm learning it, it's just kind of fun to learn. I don't really know if it has anything to do with my career track. It might come in handy someday you know?" he asked. "What year are you anyway?" he continued.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Davina half wished she was taking Ancient Runes, from Sterling's description it sounded amazing, but she hadn't had enough options. They used to let students use time turners but there had been a bad incident a few years back so they weren't allowed them anymore. "It sounds great. I took Muggle Studies and Astronomy instead. Muggle Studies can get a bit hard but I love Astronomy, it's one of my favourite subjects." she told him, though she did love most subjects. "Oh, I'm a fifth year. You?" she asked him back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:39 pm

"I'm a fourth year... but this is my first year at Hogwarts. I went to Unitremp American school for the last three years. They actually have an 8 year system there, so I've been a bit behind." Sterling said. He then began to reminisce about his years in Unitremp American school. He remembered his sisters who were still there... the oldest whom had already graduated. He felt a blast of affection for all of them. Why had he had to get a scholarship to this British school so far from home? He gazed up at Davina, the closest thing he had to a friend in the new environment. Strangely it only gave him the desire to return to his Charms homework.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:28 pm

Davina wondered how different the American school was from Hogwarts. "Why did you decide to come here then?" she asked him. She knew Hogwarts was the better school, it was one of the best in the world, but most people liked to stay at home, near their friends and families.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:38 pm

"Well, it's a better school. A better education! It's worth it even if I have to leave my family." Sterling concentrated hard and in his mind screamed Aguamenti!. Without meaning for it actually to work. A spout of water erupted from the tip of his wand and sprayed Davina in the face.

"Oh! Oh! I'm so sorry Davina!" he was horribly embarrassed. That wasn't supposed to happen. "Tergio." . The mess was immediately cleaned up. He was debating doing a Memory Charm to erase the memory of what had just transpired, but resisted the temptation. "Yeah... sorry."
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Davina understood exactly what Sterling meant. She didn't get along that well with her family, but if she did, she wouldn't mind leaving them for a better education. Besides, both schools were boarding schools anyway.

Davina was shocked when water splutted in her face as she had no idea Sterling was practising spells. "Don't worry, it's fine." she said as he cleared the mess up. "Well, you've managed to get the hang of it now!" she joked, forcing a smile.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Sterling laughed, probably more vivaciously than he should have. He tried to restrain his laugh but it kept pouring out. Sterling wasn't even sure if it was an intentional joke. Sterling was always so awkward in social situations. He cleared his throat. "Sorry." he finished. He cleared his throat again. "Yeah," he said.

"Er... can you do many spells non-verbally?" he asked.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Davina laughed along with Sterling, even though she wasn't quite sure why he was laughing so much. She was even less sure why he was apologizing, but she didn't question it, she just moved on.

"I can do some spells non-verbally. When you start your OWLs they start to teach them to you a lot." Davina told him. "I guess I know more than most people. I don't find it too difficult, really." she said, regretting the last bit. She didn't want to sound like she was boasting or showing-off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:12 pm

"Ooh cool! I can only do my favorite spells non-verbally. I have to work at it. But I DO work at it a lot, which is the only way I can do it. I can do the Shield Charm, the Hover Charm, apparently the water conjuring charm, and a few others." he said. There were actually dozens others, but he didn't want to come off too egotistic.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Davina smiled, glad he didn't take what she said the wrong way. "Yeah, the shield charm is useful. It's good to have some other spells up your sleeve incase you need to duel." she said, thinking of an occassion when she duelled an enemy when non-verbal spells came inhandy. "Expelliarmus is a good one to know non-verbally." she suggested.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top