Marriage is Murder - Page 95
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 95 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 95 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 95 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:16 pm

"Jess," Kate said, unable to not be honest with her, "you honestly do need to give some thought to this, from the heart, before Jack figures it out. I would not, for the world, want him hurt. But what you're doing is not reasonable. Its not right. And Jack surely deserves far better from you. I am surprised at you. I thought you truly accepted Jack, but it seems that you have only been tolerating his curse. How long do you think your relationship with him can last if you have built it on a foundation of lies?

"Why is it alright, in your book, for Jack to be a werewolf while it is completely beneath what you want for your children? Why on earth have you, then, been living like its alright with you? And what on earth will you do when Jack finds out that, in your values, he's not truly as good as everyone else. If he were, what he is would be completely acceptable for your children as well."

Kate shook her head, not believing that Jess still hadn't been honest with Jack. And she wasn't happy with her for it. It was an issue she should be settled with Jack before they married, and if not then, then certainly before they even considered having children. Doing it now was entirely too late.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Jess looked at Kate and stood up " I do accept him as a ware" she said but the door opened slowly and Jack stood looking at Jess. Jacks face was emotionless as he spoke to Jess.

"You accepted me, but not that our children would and have taken the curse, we talked about this before you had Andrew, before we married and you accepted one or all could be wears Jess, now I hear your just tolerating it.." He looked at Kate a pain sat in his chest that showed clear on his face as he turned to leave. " I'll be in the barn" he said and looked at Jess. " with the rest of the animals." he spat at Jess. Jess sat down and looked at Kate.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:44 pm

"You accept him--when he's human," Kate said. "But you don't accept the other part of him--the beast that lies within. You don't have to like it. He doesnt' either. But you do have to accept it. Right now, you see that part of him as unacceptable. Unacceptable enough that you don't want it in your children, or if it is a part of them, you want everyone else to avoid doing even the slightest thing that you think might trigger them to transform. Anger isn't the top trigger, and you should know that. Its the moon, and unless you can stop the moon from being a part of the lives of your children, then there is little you can do to shield them.

"The difference with what Robert has taught Jack is that we accept the beast within. We don't like what he is capable of when he is fully given to it, but we could not reject him simply because of it. Nor would we reject Khaat if she had been a werewolf, or her kids if they grow up with the curse. Remus gave her that necklace she has to make sure that she would always be protected from him. Not to keep her from transforming. That just happened to be a side effect of the stone. Remus knew how brutal he behaved when he was transformed. He had not partial control. He was either fully human or fully beast. His biggest fear at the time he had that made was that he would forget the wolfsbane and accidently slaughter us all. And it was a very real possibility. But he always had a home with us, despite all that.

"Tonks knew what he was when she married him, and they both knew Teddy could have been a werewolf. Hell, Robert and I knew it and accepted it about Khaat when we decided to have her. And both Rob and Brian knew that Khaat's children could still end up with it. Shielding them from it was never even a consideration.

"But if you don't get that, then do try to get this: its not the beast that you wounded just now. Its the man. Good luck with that. I hope you work it out." Kate looked at the clock. Robert was either doing a longer workout or had moved on to some business matter. It was a bit concerning he had not come back. "I need to go check on Robert and on the kids. Excuse me." She got up and left quietly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:00 am

Jess sat for a moment then looked out the window at the barn she saw the faint light on to show Jack was out there. Cassidy sighed and stood up " make your peace Jess" she said and left to check on Steven. Jess stood looking out she had felt the stab of pain that had hit Jack and she felt it hit her own when he spoke coldly to her. grabbing a cape she wrapped it around her and ported to outside the barn. " Jack can I come in?" she asked hearing movement inside. On hearing nothing but a grunt she pushed open the door and saw Jack his back arched half way in his transformation as a ware.

" why don't you run, this is the part you tolerate, but won't love in me or our children. " He growled at her . Jess stood her hands clasped as she then took a step closer to him. she could see in his eyes even yellow as they were the person she had married.

" Jack, I will not run from you, in this form or the other, both are you" she said and moved ever closer to him " If I am ignorant of this form its because I was stupid to not want to know it as part of you" she reached out her hand and touched his chest gently as she moved to hold him close to her.

Jack moved his arms around her she shivered slightly but relaxed at the touch of his clawed hands around her. "Then accept me Jess, as both wear and man, accept our children as both don't fear them or hide them." he said looking down at her.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:15 am

Kate went looking for Robert. And in Venice, Brian had finished cleaning the kitchen and when he had gone back to the living room, Khaat was gone. He had nearly panicked until he saw her out on the balcony. He went out and saw her shivering. He drew her shawl closer around her.

"I thought I locked this door," he said softly, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and kissing her cheek. She nodded. He had. She had gone out anyway. "Anything interesting?" he asked.

"The lights," she signed. "The people. The boats."

"Its always been one of your favorite places," he smiled.

"Is there a secret to my necklace?" she signed.

"What makes you ask that, Love?" he asked.

"I didnt know it lit up. Its pretty when its lit up. How do I make it do that?" He looked around from behind her to see a very soft green light in the center of her necklace. He repressed his fear.

"Was it any brighter than that?" he asked.

"Yes but it faded away. Pity--it was pretty," she signed. "Does it mean something?"

"In a way," he said. "That necklace is your friend. That pretty light is a friendly warning that there are potential intruders in the area. If you see it light up, you need to promise to tell me straight away--no matter what. Promise me now." He saw the light go out in the stone. Wherever the threat had been, it was gone now.

"Is it dangerous?"

"The stone?" he asked. She nodded.

"Not to you," he laughed. "But it surely is dedicated to keeping you safe. Its a very good thing. Your uncle gave it to you when you were a baby. If there is anyone around that we needd to be careful about, its going to let us know. Come inside. Its cold out here. Michael left us a big pitcher of spiced cider. Lets go heat some up and curl up on the sofa in front of the fire."

"I'd just go to sleep if you did that," she signed.

"And I would like nothing better than to just have my arms around you all night, just watching you sleep. Wouldnt' bother me one bit," he kissed her cheek. "Come inside." She nodded, giving in to him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:29 am

Jess held him close to her his heart still beat in ether wear or human it was the same heart and she had forgot that one simple thing. Jess buried her face into his chest. " Jack I love you, " she looked up at his half transformed face and touched his cheek gently " both sides of you now" she said gently kissing him as he changed back to his human form smiling.

"Just promise me that you won't do that again, never think of me as two people, I am one both sides of me beat with the same heart. " He said softly to her" those you see out there haven't had Roberts trust or your love , Andrew will learn as I did , I'll be there to help him as will Robert but stop wrapping him up he has to learn" Jack told her still holding her close as he moved her to sit in an empty stall. " now , what you scared of?" he asked smiling as she lent against him and began to talk to him, actually talk and ask him questions which he was happy to answer all over again, this time it was about Jess learning about Jacks wear side and understanding.

Soon it was late and Jess had fallen asleep against Jack , carefully he picked her up and ported back to the house still holding her close he knew it would still take time but he felt his love for Jess was stronger now she had started to understand and accept his wear side too.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:53 am

The next day brought a cold drizzle in Venice. Brian had chosen a very simple breakfast. He had sent the consigiere out to a pasticceria for some fresh baked Italian breakfast pastries. He put fresh fruit with it and some Italian roast coffee. Khaat was still asleep on the sofa, covered with warm blanket. He had stoked up the fire and had left her sleep. He'd stayed with her all night, dozing off and on, but never fully falling asleep.

She started to dream. There was a man in the distance. On the edge of a woods. He seemed to be trying to get her attention, but she couldn't quite see him clearly, couldn't quite hear him distinctly. And then he changed--to a horrible hairy, vicious monster. And then she heard a voice even though the monster didn't seem to be talking.

"They're coming." It was all she heard. She woke sharply, frightened by the hideous monster in her dreams. She leaped to her feet, knocking her cane to the floor. It rolled under the sofa. She tried to force herself to stand on her own and to go to the balcony, but she couldn't begin to stand without Brian and without her cane. She fell to the floor in a liimp heap. Brian had just poured himself a cup of coffee when he heard the clatter of the cane to the floor followed by the sound of her falling. He set his mug down on the counter and flew to her and saw her trying to pull herself up, her eyes focused on the balcony.

"Stop," he said to her, wrapping himself around her. "Stop. You'll hurt yourself. Its alright. You were dreaming." She shook her head, insisting that he let go. She wanted to try again, but he stopped her. "Stop and talk to me. What did you dream?" he asked.

There was no sign for this. Not one she knew. "Hair," she signed. "Ape. Big. Theyre' coming."

"They're coming?" he asked, not doubting it for a moment. She nodded. He drew her to her feet. He accio'd the pastries and the fruit and put them in a basket. "Come with me," he told her. He accio'd her cane and wrapped her in the blanket from the sofa, not taking time for their coats. He apparated her out with the pastries and the fruit. He had a plan, but it depended on taking her and putting her in hiding and then returning to face them--alone.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:11 am

Cassidy had dozed on her bed when she woke bolt upright one thought rang in her mind and she moved to find Robert and Kate " Kate trouble at the hotel " she said and rubbed her temples " God I wish he wouldn't send messages so quickly like that. " she said as she knocked on their door. Steven and Jack walked over to them all.

"You want us to check out Venice?" Jack asked Robert as Steven grabbed his coat knowing or having an idea where they were going. Jess walked out in her robe and nodded to Jack .

" make sure there safe " she said moving to stand with Cassidy as she drew off the pain cassidy had in her head.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 am

Brian had taken Khaat to what he figured would be the least likely place anyone would look. He left her in what he believed was good hands and made sure they knew to contact Edward if anything went wrong. Then he apparated back to the hotel.

They were there when he got there, tearing the hotel room apart. One of the grabbed Brian by the throat and held him up off the ground.

"You should not have come back, Human!" he said, laughing. Brian had half expected this. He used wandless magic and fired an explosion into the werewolf's face, doing irrepairable damage. Brian was released instantly and fell to the floor. He stood up.

"The name is Quinn," he roared at them all. "Misuse it again, and you'll end up like him."

"Big talk from a puny human," a woman laughed. "I eat little boys like you for breakfast."

"I doubt it," Brian drew his wand and fired at her. It felt like they were on him from all sides. He had thought that if they came, he would gladly die for Khaat. But now, in the face of it, all he saw was her. And their kids. They were worth more than that. They were worth all the fight he had. They were worth trying to live for.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:25 am

Jack ported to the hotel and into the room seeing a pile of wears he grabbed the nearest and threw him to one side and laughed out loud " try me for size " he growled as he grasped another he was about to grab what he took to be the smallest wear, when he saw it was actually Brian and he set him down on his feet . " oops sorry, not a good idea was it ?" he said with a chuckle as he hit another just as Steven walking through the door fired on one who thought he could sneak up on Jack.

Steven checked around no more were in the room and he walked over " all clear , wheres Khaat?" he asked then held up his hand " don't tell me I can guess" he said as Jack sniffed the air.

" Cassidy got a warning from Remus gave her quite a head ache so we thought we'd get here quickly, good thing we did too" Jack said transforming back to human.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 95 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top