Marriage is Murder - Page 49
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 49 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 49 of 100 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 74 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 49 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Kate came back before dinner and stepped right in to help the children. She said nothing about plans, bait, or werewolves. She dedicated herself to pasting a smile on her face and being a wonderful grandmother and helping the little ones with dinner.

The tension in the house was so great that Michael expected a fight to break out at the dinner table. He noticed Brian made no effort to eat. He hadn't made a move from Khaat's side all day. And it was not like anyone could miss how sleep deprived and food deprived Brian had become. Brian looked exhausted and definitely thinner and he was starting to lose some of his muscle tone.

He diverted himself between dinner and the dessert course. Angus served them all a cup of Christmas spice tea as the dinner plates were sent back to the kitchen, before he served dessert. Michael fixed a plate and levitated the tray up to Brian.

The bedroom was silent. Brian was standing, staring out the window.

"Come and eat, Lad," Michael said quietly. It was not a request. He removed the cloche off the plate to reveal that it was one of Brian's favorite meals. "There's fresh tea there. Eat up, and I'll bring you some hot, fresh tea for Khaat." He turned and left, as Brian turned and came over to inspect the tray, the smell of food being undeniably good, no matter how upset he was. Michael returned downstairs in time to help serve one of his own recipes, a gingerbread and orange spice torte.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Every one ate quietly as they saw Kate return and every one felt the tension each watching what they did and said hoping not to set her off in any way all ate and helped the kids eat putting on a brave face for them to show nothing was wrong for them Jess helped Kate once they were finished to take them back to the nursery. Jack went for a long walk around the grounds while Jim and Steven started a chess game Cassidy read a magazine as if everything was all right but each knew what was to come and thy didn't like it one bit but killing the man or wear who had done this to Khaat so he would never do it again, was now the one thing on all of their minds Jacks more so.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Brian did eat, unable to go without food anymore. Once his stomach was full, he grew unavoidably sleepy. He was just starting to doze off when Michael returned to collect his plate and to bring hot tea. Christmas tea for Brian and chamomile for Khaat. Khaat had started to get uncomfortable. She was getting restless. Michael shook Brian's shoulder gently. Brian woke at once. Seeing Khaat uncomfortable, he added the potions to her teacup and took it to her.

"Drink," he told her softly. "It'll help." He fed her the tea very slowly, one tiny sip at a time. She felt her stomach begin to settle but it didnt reduce her pain that was returning. He saw it in her eyes. "I can fix that too," he said, touching her forehead. He drew her pain off and cast a slight calm spell to help her settle. He saw her start to relax once she was painfree again. She gestured for the paper and the pen, and he gave it to her.

"Who am I?" she wrote. Michael handed Brian a photograph album.

"Try starting with some basics. Start at the back, with the most recent, and then go backwards," he suggested. Brian sat beside her on the bed, leaning against the headboar to show her some of the most recent photos first, deciding that going back to the past slowly might be better.

Michael returned downstairs. "She's awake, and she's comfortable for now," Michael said. "And she seems to be at least minimally comfortable with Brian."

"That's because she's trying to," Robert said. "She doesn't know anything, and she knows that we do. She knows without us, she has nothing right now. So its to her advantage to at least try to get her questions answered. And what we've offered her is certainly better than being hungry and dirty and cold and out in the snow."

"And are you throwing her back out in all that?" Kate asked, trying to reel in her anger.

"Not necessarily," Edward said. "There are a lot of options here that we can use to our advantage."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Steven and the others sat listening all they wanted was to know she would be safe but that they knew because Robert , Brian and Michael would all be with them and that was enough for them each on sat listening and thinking of what the next move would be and how they would get the wear to come out of his hiding place. Jack paced in the living room now while Jim and Steven still played chess glancing up from there game as Kate spoke to Robert and Robert to Kate about Khaat . Jess closed her book and sat watching " do you know how long it will take for her memory to return fully if at all?" she asked her arms folded across her chest as her eyes seem to wait for the answer hoping him her heart he would say a time limit but she also knew it may never return the longer it was away.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:09 pm

"There's, unfortunately, no way to know," Robert said. "We do need to keep in mind that she does not remember our magical world. Werewolves now, to her, are the things of legend and nightmare. We risk traumatizing her by putting her out as bait."

"I am aware of that," Edward said. "I suggest you sedate her to prohibit that."

"And make her completely powerless?" Kate frowned.

"Precisely," Edward said. He looked at Robert. "That means you will have to be able to entirely put your trust in your team. And as much as you trust them, you have always needed to be in control. You won't have that this time. And she will be at her most vulnerable."

"Let's just do this. What's the plan?"

"I'm going to ask you to risk a bit more," Edward said. "This has to be believeable. She, by rights, would be in St. Mungo's if she had anyone else but you in her house, correct?"

"Correct," Robert said. "And most likely in intensive care at the moment."

"And that's what I'm counting on. I want you to tkae the battle indoors because of her delicate health. She cannot be re-exposed to cold. But we can't make this easy. I want you to put her in St. Mungos, in intensive care. Move the rest of the patients out temporarily. Put your staff in the other beds. Use polyjuice to disguise them as the patients and staff who should be there. Arm your staff well."

"And then we wait," Michael said, understanding.

"Indeed," Edward said. "It is a contained unit. We can keep the battle there. In that small space. We need one strong fighter to guard her with their lives. Robert, that might well be you. Perhaps. I need Jack and Angus with me, ready to take the front positions against the werewolf pack. They will be watching her. And its rather public knowledge that most successful attacks against her have been launched at the hospital. I'm counting on arrogance. I'm counting on him being egotistical enough to believe you're all stupid enough to believe she's safe in a secured unit. She need not actually know that she's even been offered up to stop them. And you all know that if she were abelt to remember, she would not only agree, but she would surely volunteer."

"And how do we protect our children if we all leave to take care of her?" Kate asked.

"My family is not unfamiliar with children or werewolves either one. With your permission, we will move all the children, the entire pack, to my compound in Tuscany where they will be more than safe while we undertake our mission. If all the parents agree," Edward said.

"Your thoughts?" Robert looked at them all.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Steven looked at Cassidy who nodded her head " we agree" Steven said Jess looked at Jack who just looked at her she could tell by his feelings he would prefer them out of the battle " yes we agree too" she said and looked at Edward " I know in my heart you will keep them as safe as if we had them at our side Edward" she said and smiled jack nodded he agreed with her words as did Steven and Cassidy.

" Just do one thing if I or Cassidy don't survive let our children go to Jack and Jess as guardians." he looked at them and they smiled.

"Same for us but with Steven and Cassidy, but we will all survive Steven, on the life of my family we will. " Jack said as he looked down at Jess
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:45 pm

"Before we go one step further, we must remember that if we decide to consciously lure a murderous pack of werewolves into the hospital, we must lock the unit down once they enter," Robert said. "We must decide here and now. Are we willing to make a pact that we all live together or we all die together? If they kill us, then they will remain locked inside the enchantments until, basically, they all starve to death. I will have no choice but to make, as a condition of the spell to lock down the unit, the deaths of all of the ones who respond to attack us. We cannot possibly afford to let even one leave alive to kill the hospital's staff or patients. Are we agreed?"

"Yes," Michael said. Edward and Angus nodded.

"They're not leaving alive, believe me," Kate said. "If we fight, then we're killing. We're not screwing around this time. Robert, draw up agreements about the grandchildren. If something happens that the four of us do not emerge alive, then Edward, will your family raise our grandchildren?" If they were all agreeing to die together, there would be no one left to care for the kids if they all died. And Kate wanted them out of England if that happened.

"We would be honored. Make your agreements," Edward said.

"If you all agree," Robert said, "then I must go talk to Brian again. I must brief him on the plan and see if he is willing to decide to put his children, potentially, parentless and grandparentless."

"No," Edward said. "As long as the Donohues live, they will not be without family, Robert. You have my word."

"Agreed," Robert said, "But their father needs to make the choice. I'm only the grandfather. This choice needs to come from their father." Edward nodded.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Jess and Cassidy looked up at their men each stood and held them tight in their arms before Cassidy took Steven out side to talk and Jess into the gym. Returning Cassidy was first, clearly she had been crying. " we agree Robert. " she said holding Steven tight then gathering her emotions. On the other hand Jess walked out strong and determined with Jack at her side.

"We agree too Robert , we come out alive or we die taking them with us. " Jack said looking at Jess " we have faced worse and come through it this will be just another challenge in our road" he said and held Jess a she nodded to Robert .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:15 am

"Cassidy and Jess," Robert said, offering them a way out. "You do not have to go. You could go with the children to Tuscany so they have familiar faces. It's not dodging anything. Its not chickening out. Either way takes a lot of nerve. Don't make your choice right this minute. Give it thought. Discuss it again. I need to go talk to Brian."

"If we do this," Edward said, "I suggest we do it quickly or it won't be believable. Every hour she remains here, she should become more stable and the need for a move to St. Mungos diminishes."

"Understood," Robert said, getting up and going upstairs. Brian hadn't been as able to sleep with the new knowledge that they were planning to try to use Khaat as bait. Robert checked Khaat first and then sat with Brian. He talked with him very softly for quite a long time. But when he came back down, he placed Brian's signed guardianship agreement into Edward's hands. "He's in," Robert said softly.

"I'll go pack for the children so they're ready," Kate said.

"Its only for a day or two, Kate," Edward said. "No longer. Keep it in perspective." Kate got up quietly and went upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:24 am

Jess looked at Jack while Cassidy looked at Steven again each walked out side or down to the gym and sat talking each coming to their own answer. Cassidy sat with Steven looking at the stars even though it was cold she felt his warmth and was happy. Jess returned as she looked back at Jack " my decision is final Jack you can not change my mind. " she said walking in and sitting down.

" but... Kate can you talk to her she wants to come " he said and looked back to Jess " the kids need one of us here and safe Jess" he said she stood up and walked over to him.

" Jack you go on missions I stay safe here all the time , no not this time my family is Khaat too she is my best friend, she saved my life now I'm returning that by saving hers" she moved to poke his chest " you WILL NOT change my mind, I'm just as capable as you at killing wears that aren't my husband." she saw the look i his eyes and smiled as she nodded. Jack sighed and looked at Kate smiling.

"That's the Jess I fell in love with and married" he said and chuckled " ok so we have decided " He said and she nodded her head. " and nothing will make you change your mind?" again she shook her head.

" nothing Jack" she looked at him as he sighed and sat down " good."
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 100 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 74 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top