Marriage is Murder - Page 87
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 87 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 87 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 93 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 87 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Khaat was sitting in the hotel room alone. She was feeling lost. It wasn't that she wasn't grateful to the police for putting up with her mutism. They'd been patient. She had been frustrated and frightened and couldnt remember the name of the hotel. Nor could she speak Italian. A clerk had given her paper and a pen. She'd written a description of the hotel in English, and one of the police officers had translated it and they'd taken her in a police boat back to the hotel, gotten her a key to her room, and had put guards on her door. They had said they had no evidence to believe Brian was dead. But they were honest enough to tell her that every hour he was gone, his chances of returning alive were dramatically reduced.

They'd left her alone in her room, and she'd wrapped up in his blue terry robe because it had the smell of his aftershave on it. She's simply wrapped it over her jeans and her sweater and she sat in a deep comfortable chair that looked out over the canal, hoping to get a sight of him.

And then she heard the door unlock. Her heart was filled with dread. Surely it was a police officer coming back to tell her Brian wasn't coming back. But it wasn't. It was Jess. She suddenly didn't know what to say. Her hands were shaky but she finally spelled to her.

"He's gone," she spelled. "I don't know if he's coming back."

Brian woke, laying face down on a stone floor in a darkened room. The back of his head felt like it was exploding. He felt the back of his head, felt it was painful and swollen, and when he brought back his hand, it was covered in blood. Great. He stumbled to his feet and saw the only light was coming from a window--a cellar window. He looked out the window and could see the Eiffel Tower. Paris. Oh God--Paris. It was so far from Venice. Khaat was alone, without words, without any memory, without any protection, without anyone. He panicked. She was as incapable of taking care of herself, he felt, as if he'd left Abbey alone in Venice.

He tried his magic, but all he got was a frustrating little fizzle. They'd tried to bind his magic, and they'd buggered the spell. He had a wee bit but it was almost completely useless. He could smell wine and vinegar. That was familiar. So was this place. He couldn't place how. He began to search for a way out. And then he remembered. Gelding. Damned him. Tom Gelding. He was in the cellar below Gelding's mansion in Paris. And for all Brian knew, Khaat could well be dead. He began to frantically search now for a way out. He had to get back to Venice--immediately.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23616
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Jess saw her and walked over she took her hands " its ok and I'll send for Robert " she said wrapping the blanket around Khaat she wrote a note and sent it threw the floo. Moving back to Khaat she sat down with her. " now tell me what happened" she asked feeling just how scared she was " you were in a shop right?" she asked softly accioing some almond tea for her hoping it would calm her down while they waited for Robert " you did well to get the police involved but Robert has men and women who know where to look" she said softly.

Seeing Jack and Steven appear she stood up and walked over to fill them in on what she'd found out , Jack stood by the door making sure the muggle police didn't hear anything while Steven moved to the windows checking they were not being watched as they waited for Robert to appear.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Robert got the message the moment it came through the floo. "Michael," he called. "Come with me." He accio'd his coat at once.

"Where are we going?" Michael frowned, coming in from the kitchen, drying his hands on a kitchen towel.

"Venice," Robert said seriously. Michael tossed the towel back into the kitchen and accio'd his coat too, and they dressed. They apparated straight to the hotel suite.

Khaat hadn't had time to answer Jess but she had taken the cup of almond tea and was holding it in her hands when her father and Michael apparated in.

"What's happened?" Robert asked, seeing something wasnt' right. He went over to Khaat. He knelt in front of her. "Sweetheart, where's Brian? Why are you alone?" She tried to explain but her signing got all jumbled in her anxiety. He took her hands in his and kissed them. "It's going to be alright. Slow down and focus. You said he took you to the shops. Were you Christmas shopping?" She nodded. "Okay. Now--tell me what happened. Step by step." She managed to tell him as he coached her slowly through the story, making her repeat any signs she got jumbled. He got the description from her about the store.

"I know the place," Michael said. "From where she says she was in the shop, there is no way she would not have seen him leave if he'd been taken by muggles. No possible way."

"Good. The fact that you know the place helps," Robert said. "You and Steven go. Go to Daniella." He wrote a note and handed it to Michael "This is a magical matter. Go alert Daniella. She needs to take authority over this from the muggles at once. We need her help, and she needs to get us copies of the muggles reports. Then go to that shop and get what information you can. Jack, bind that door so that there is no way the muggles can simply burst in on us. We're not supposed to be here, remember. Lets not confuse the matter by being here where the muggles don't think we are." He took his coat off and looked at Khaat. "You're going to make yourself sick with all those layers on. You're going to get entirely too warm." He took the blanket and the robe. "Drink the tea. It will help. You're not alone. We'll find him. I promise."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Steven moved to Michael and aperated with him out of the room Jack bound the door so no muggles could enter it then he staid stood beside it in case some one could. Jess looked at Robert " do you have an Idea who took him and why?" she asked placing the coat and robe on the chair close by Khaat as she was handed them. Sitting down close to Khaat she smiled warmly to her as Robert had said he would find Brian " he will Khaat don't worry " she said hoping to eliviate any worry she had.

Steven walked with Michael up to Daniella's office and stood with his arms cross by the door as he saw Michael enter with his usual commanding flourish. He saw several men look at him as they had just walked into her room with out knocking, but he just stood his ground his eyes fixed on them making sure they caused no interference.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:08 pm

At the sight of Michael entering, two aurors in Daniella's office drew their wands on Michael. Michael didn't even try to draw. He was angry, and he glared hard at them.

"Put down your wands at once!" Daniella commanded them.

"He is nothing but a common thief!" one of them charged.

"I said put them down!" she said powerfully. "He is an emissary of Minister Lupin and he is a friend and an honored guest." She came around her desk and embraced Michael "This is not a cordial visit, is it?" she asked.

"No," Michael said. "Robert needs your help in Venice. Brian and Khaat are visiting. Brian was apparently abducted a couple hours ago. It could only have been done by someone with magical skills."

"Irrelevant. Brian is magical. That makes it my business anyway. But if it was a wizard, I shall have him," Daniella said. She looked at the two aurors who looked at Michael with disgust. "You are dismissed. Tell Phillippe to report here at once. He will accompany me. Alert the auror in charge in Venice and have him meet us in the hotel. Waste no time. Minister Lupin's family is in grave danger."

"Then we should accompany you," the one auror said.

"You should do what I tell you. Go now. You're wasting time," Daniella said. They left in a hurry.

"My apologies, Michael. Did you come alone?"

"No. Steven is outside the door."

"Then let us get ready to leave." She picked up her long elegant blue cloak and walked outside her office where Steven was. "We will come with you. I have sent for my head of law enforcement. As soon as he arrives we will go."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Steven nodded as he heard Daniella speak to him and moved with Daniella and Michael waiting for her head of law to arrive so they could start looking for Brian he was worried but knew to hide it well he knew to find Brian would need all his focus on the job. He stood at attention as he looked at Michael " so where do we look first , the shop?" he asked glancing from Daniella to Michael and back his hands in his pockets.

Jack listened to the voices out side the door from the police men and chuckled softly knowing they had no clue there was several man and Jess inside the room with Khaat. He walked over to Robert and spoke softly " there talking about mounting a search and saying she might have imagined it " he said his face fixed as he was annoyed at the men for saying such things.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:35 pm

"I figued as much," Robert said. "Muggles have thought wizards were just crazy old men for thousands of years." Robert silently knew that the fact that she was mute made her look more crazy to the muggles. He knew they were going to have to intensify their protection around her.

"I think we need to check the scene there but I don't think we're going to find much that is helpful there. I have a couple of ideas," Michael said, "but I don't know if they'll pan out or not." The head of law enforcement arrived.

"Daniella?" he asked.

"These men are emissaries from Minister Lupin. We leave for Venice at once," Daniella said. "Minister Lupin reuests our emergency assistance. You will give him every courtesy."

"Yes, of course," he said. "His usual hotel?"

"Yes," Daniella said. She looked at Steven and Michael. "We will meet you there." Michael nodded. He looked at Steven.

"We need to go back to the hotel," he told Steven.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Jack nodded and sighed as Robert spoke and he walked back to the door standing and listening to them once more he turned as he heard aperation and saw Steven reappear in the room along with Michael and Daniella and one other he didn't know " there back Robert" he said looking at them both. Steven moved to the window and looked out of it watching the men and women walking past down below.

Jess took the now empty cup from Khaat and smiled at Robert " she drank it all " she said softly as she headed to the kitchen just as Jim aperated in and walked over to Robert .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:16 pm

"Thank you," Robert said to them. Daniella went over to Robert, and they embraced.

"Tell me what you know," she said quietly, noticing Khaat was not at all herself, didn't recognize any of them. She said nothing about it.

"Let's go out onto the balcony," Robert said, not wanting to discuss it in Khaat's presence.

"Allow me," Michael said, knowing they needed a bit of privacy but also knowing the others needed to be filled in as well. He went over to Khaat. "Sweetheart, come with me out onto the balcony. The sunshine would do you good, and they can talk." He got her to her feet. She reached for the cane--the last thing Brian bought her before he disappeared. Michael handed it to her, and he saw that if he helped her, she could use the cane and slowly walk the few steps to the balcony. Robert stopped short, stunned, watching. He didn't see any possible way she was on her feet, but he was seeing it with his own eyes. Brian had somehow done in 24 hours nothing less than a miracle. Robert was more driven than before to get Brian back, immediately. Michael took her out to the balcony and helped her to a chair.

"Oh, well done," Michael said, pleased. "Have you been working on this with Brian?" She gestured that they'd been working on it a liittle.

Robert turned back to them all. "I want my son in law found," he ordered. "Now." He filled in Daniella. She listened intently.

"Which of you will come with me, and which of you are staying here to bodyguard Khaat?" Daniella looked at them. "If they are bold enough to take Brian, they may well be bold enough to try to come back and get her as well."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Steven looked at Jack and spoke " I'll stay take Jack with you hes strong and has a good nose " he said and chuckled " no offense mate" Jack chuckled and shook his head that he didn't mind . He stepped forward " I'll go with you Jim and Steven can stay" both nodded and moved to the door and balcony doors. Jess looked at Robert " I'll stay with Khaat" she said " I'm a healer first and she needs a healer close by" she moved with the cup in her hand and returned from the kitchen section.

Jack moved to Daniella and spoke "We check out the shop first?"he asked his wand still in his holder strapped to his thigh as he felt he didn't need it just yet but he would soon and so he kept it him with him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 87 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 93 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top