Marriage is Murder - Page 45
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 45 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 45 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 45 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:08 pm

"Let's give them a bit," Kate said gently. "Robert isn't as out of control as he believes he is. He just is more angry than any of you is used to seeing and he doesn't show that to anyone. Why Khaat is good with it, well, I'm not exactly sure, except that they're so bonded that it doesn't bother her. He's just blowing off steam."

"Indeed," Michael said. "He sees anger outbursts as a loss of power and control. He typically responds to anger by getting proportinally quieter the angrier he becomes. But even he has his limits. And having someone he's trusted his entire life betray him like this is beyond his abilities to pretend he's in control about. He'll be back shortly. Once he creates enough mayhem someplace to make him feel better. He did this once in school, during a summer break."

"I don't remember that," Kate frowned.

"No, of course not. You were on summer break in France. Robert's uncle was murdered by the Death Eaters with no apparent reason other than just because they wanted to. That was the last time I've seen him need to go blow off some steam, but don't think I didn't see it coming. It won't last long, and he'll gather up Khaat and return. Mark my words."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Steven listened and sighed " even still this shouldn't have happened we should have all been on close guard " he said more annoyed at himself for letting Khaat be taken as she was he wished he had got to her earlier. Jess shook her head and spoke softly to him.

"So much anger and regret, nothing could be done, what happened has happened and none of us could have prevented it by being there Steven" she said " all we can do now is hep by understanding and being the when they do need us , right Kate?" she asked
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:52 pm

"True," Kate said.

"They'll be fine," Michael said.

"As long as Thaor shows up dead, then Robert will be fine," Brian said, coming downstairs. Since Khaat had apparated out there was no point in him staying upstairs by himself. "And Robert would probably enjoy doing it himself."

"At the moment, yes," Michael said, "but he'll reconsider. he won't keep this rage forever. That's precisely why he went to do this. Its very much the same as you lot going for a run when you're stressed. He's just doing this in his own way."

Khaat watched her father's rage play out in crashing waves. A raging sea in front of him that he simply pushed more and more just because he could. When he finally had released enough, the sea began to die down on its own. He finally turned and saw her there.

"How long have you been here?" he asked quietly. She just looked at him. He could see in her eyes that she'd seen nearly the whole thing. She just shrugged. It wasn't like she didn't feel much the same way. She wished she'd done that herself, actually. "And so, I'm not a saint anymore?" he asked. She rolled her eyes at him. She knew more than anybody that he was no saint.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Steven listened to Michael and Lake nodding as he listened to both of them he knew they were right and he just had to wait . Moving to a seat he sat down Jack on the other hand moved out side to make sure all was in place and all Roberts spells were covered buy the men's who guarded them now. Jess sat quiet too but when Alex ran down she scooped him up.
"Please, excuse me, this one needs settling back down" she said and walked up to the nursery where Cassidy sat with Fallon reading a book while she supped on a warm bottle of milk.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Robert apparated them back home but brought them outside onto the well guarded grounds. Kate knew instantly they were back but she said nothing.

"I'm sorry," Robert said to Khaat, his hand around hers. "I knew he was getting sick, but I didn't know he was going to betray everything we knew, everyone he said he loved. I truste him with my life. And, more importantly, I trusted him with you from the tie you were born. I didn't know."

Khaat saw it a bit differently. Thaor hadn't gotten weird until relativvely recently. He hadn't always been disloyal. He hadn't always been willing to sacrifice those he loved. She didn't know what happened to him. But she was very grateful to the two Death Eaters who were still her friends who had risked themselves as best they could to keep her safe and to get her out alive. That was worth a great deal. She shivered. It was still spitting snowflakes, and she'd been out in the cold a long time. She was chilling. He kissed her temple. They reached the house and he stopped her to look into her face. "Khaat, I know you're going to want to go after him. And you have that right to want to. But you leave Thaor to me. I've known him longer than you've even been alive. So this is a fight thats older than you are, and it calls for more experienced hands. You leave him to me. The thing about Thaor is that he'll underestimate me. It won't ever occur to him that I'm capable of it. As much as he thinks he knows me, he doesn't know it all. And, believe me, I won't underestimate him again."

"You're like ice," he said quietly. "We'd better get you inside. Come on. I've probably scared the shit out of all of them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Jess stood up feeling Khaat and Roberts energy return to the house she looked at Kate feeling the cold that ran through Khaats body " shes going to need a warm drink , Jack if you could sort that I'll fetch a warm blanket " she left to head up to the cupboard where they were kept as Jack move to the kitchen to make a warm cup of coco for Khaat and Robert from the coco Kate had made, returning he placed it on the table and sat back down to wait for them to come inside he could hear Robert was talking to Khaat but now what was being said.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:09 am

The next Khaat knew, she was waking up. She was cold. It was dark, and she was covered with snow. Her head hurt--really hurt. It took her quite awhile to realize that she couldn't remember anything. Not her name, not anything. It was all gone. Her clothes were torn and filthy and bloody. She was filthy and bloody and wounded. She could hear cars and traffic not far off. She saw she was in a park, shoved between a stone building and a dumpster. It took her some time, but she pulled herself up and out from where she was wedged. In the distance she could hear the time honored chimes of Big Ben. London.

She tried to walk but she was staggering, dizzy, weak, hurting. She knew she was completely disheveled. She managed to walk a bit and found herself soon in a side street behind some commercial buildings. She smelled food. And as much as she hurt, her hunger made her go into the back door of the building. She found herself in what looked like a restaurant kitchen. But her knees would not hold her. Her body went limp as two hands caught her. Everything went black.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:27 am

Jess sat worried as she tried once more to find Khaat and once again nothing she looked at Kate. Jack paced holding yet another letter from his nephew that was insulting " I will tare him apart " he bellowed and handed the note to Jess who after reading it handed it to Kate

"He can't be right, but I can't find her, " she said softly " all these months since she just disappeared and still I feel nothing, now he keeps saying those words, I can't bare to think that Khaat might actually be...." she stopped and looked at Kate and shook her head back and forth vigorously " no, we will just keep looking." she said as Jack paced in front of the fire.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Kate merely nodded. So much had changed. They'd pretty much shut their own farm down, moved their animals to Brian's barn, and they'd moved the necessities into the bedroom they used at Brian's. They were helping to raise their grandchildren. And Robert and Brian were barely ever home. When they weren't working, they were searching for Khaat every available moment. They were learning to sleep only in short intervals most of the time. Catnapping. They had stopped going to bed. They had mobilized every single trusted friend they had. Kate didnt know how much longer Robert and Brian could go without a solid night's sleep.

Khaat was waking again. She was being carried into a hotel room--a very elegant one--and being put on the bed. The man who carried her was in a proper black suit with a white shirt and a tie.

"Mrs. Wolf," he said. "Your friend was in here a few days ago. Shall I send for him?" Friend? She had a friend? This man knew her name? She tried to speak, and nothing came out. She looked at her hands. He called her Mrs. She was married? There were no rings on her hands. They were gone. What if her husband had already left her? Did she have children?
"I'll send for him for you."

Michael was splitting his time between home and Brian's. Tonight he was home. He had dozed off near the fire, his feet resting on Otto, a first edition Byron on his lap, a glass of port on the side table.

The next he knew, he was awakened by an owl at the window, shaking the snow from its feathers. He opened the window and let him in. A friend, a middle man, was the connection for him between the muggles and the wizardiing world. The night manager at the St. James was sending for him? What the hell? He got up, put on his shoes and his winter coat. He picked up his wand and ported to London.

He walked the short distance to the St. James and went in. The night manager met him.

"Mr. Stole. Thank you for coming," the man said. "Would you come with me please?" He merely presumed Michael would follow and led the way upstairs. Michael didn't say anything but he was on his guard. He went upstairs and went into a hotel where a consierge was attending someone. When they entered, the consierge moved. Michael's eyes grew wide.
"Is this not someone you know?" the night manger asked.

"Yes indeed," Michael said quickly. "Leave us. I'll pay for her bills. Send us some hot tea at once." They left and Michael went straight to Khaat. She had lost so much more weight he barely recognized her. She was still in the same clothes they'd seen her last in, and she clearly was hurt. The empty look in her eyes told him she didn't recognize him. He instantly suspected she'd either been bewitched or hurt.

As for Khaat, she recognized the face, but she didn't have a name or know how she knew this man. She was exhausted, though, and the warmth of the room was affecting her. Before the tea could arrive, she sank into an exhausted sleep.

Michael was torn. After her being gone so long, he wanted to immediately alert everyone. But, she clearly hadn't slept in longer than anyone knew. He decided to wait, as much as they would be angry. So he picked up a magazine from the coffee table in the hotel suite and waited. When the tea arrived, he drank it himself.

At sunrise, Brian and Robert came home to shower and change, get breakfast with the kids and the others before heading back out again. While they were in the shower, Michael's owl arrived at the kitchen window with a note on stationary from the St. James hotel.

It read: "Come. Bring clothes, first aid supplies. I shall have her with me. M." He trusted they would know he meant clothes for her and Robert's medical bag. He also presumed they'd figure out from the short crytic note that Michael had found Khaat and he had her at the St. James. Wolf was an alias Brian had invented when they'd stayed there the first time, so Michael presumed they would figure out how to find her in the hotel once they got there.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Jess and Jack looked at Kate and Robert Jack finished his breakfast and grabbed his jacket " if that nephew of mine comes any where near her so help me I'll tear him limb from limb " Jack said and Jess patted his arm before she spoke softly.seeing the Owl and hearing what it said Cassidy moved to the stairs.

" you guys go I'll tell Robert and Brian" sh said and headed up the stairs and to the rooms knocking she spoke loudly " Michael has Khaat at the hotel , Jack, Jim and Jess are on their way there now" she told Brian and relayed the same message to Robert before heading down and sighed " you know there not going to wait give them 10 no 5 minuets if that and they will be gone" she said chuckling as she sat down.

"What can he do now , shes with Michael " she said but she could still see the anger in his eyes and looked at Kate " I hope Robert doesn't want that wear alive I don't think Jack will let him live now." With Jim and Jack the three of them ported to the hotel Jack stood guard while Jess and Jim knocked on the door feeling they should not just burst in on them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top