Marriage is Murder - Page 19
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 19 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 19 of 100 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 19 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Brian excused himself long enough to go into the kitchen. Kate was making homemade noodles and had sheets of them laying out to dry. She had a kettle of chicken stock she was making, and she had put Khaat to work prepping potatoes and onions and carrots.

"You're making my favorite and not inviting me?" Brian asked Kate.

"I am," Kate laughed. "I'll send you some. I promise." She kissed Brian's cheek. "Thank you for bringing her home. Isn't Angus cooking for you tonight?"

"He is. Something Tuscan. I can smell the oregano," Brian said. "Whatever it is, its been cooking for hours."

"Brian, do check on Michael and ask him to stop by here for dinner, would you?" Kate asked. "Its not good for him to sit by Alette all day long."

"He can't be. They only let him in to see her twice a day for just a few moments. He's spending the rest of his day sitting in the hallway by himself, no doubt," Brian said. "Shall I go try to send him here?"

"Please?" Kate asked, not able to stand the thought of Michael waiting helplessly alone.

"I'll do my best. He's a stubborn old fart."

Khaat took off a tiny simple gold band off the little finger on her right hand and put it into Brian's hand. "Give him this," she told him. "That should do the trick."

"A little bitty ring?" he frowned.

"Just do it," she said.

"Yes, Ma'am. Will do. Going now." He said. He smiled and apparated out.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Jim looked up and took a deep breath in smiling. " Smells yummy " he said softly and closed the book " Brian do you want one of us to come along too?" he asked looking up as Kate gave Brian the small ring. Jack walked back in wiping his hands after fixing a lose hinge on a stable door .

"Ow Brian going some place?"he asked nd Jim nodded "ow where?"

"Hes off to see Michael at the hospital." Jim said and Jack chuckled moving to Brian.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:23 pm

"If you like. Its not likely to be exciting. I'm just going to send Michael here for dinner," Brian said. "I thought you lot were only staying here long enough to get her settled and then were returning to your duties at home. Did you somehow change your minds or your plans? I thought you were all coming back to help with all the duties there and all the kids. We need to go get Michael. Then you can all explain how it is that I don't have the staright story on what you're doing."

He apparated to St. Mungos and headed to the intensive care unit, believing he'd find Michael waiting in the hallway outside the patient rooms.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Jack looked at Jim then back at Brian "The girls are all fine with the duties back at the ranch. " Jack said " besides we're just making sure Khaat , Kate and Robert are safe. " he said looking at him " that and one of the barn doors needs fixing" he said trying to make sure things were fine for them all. Jim stood up and walked to Brian.

" I think hes just as worried that his nephew will try something here and we know the girls know how to take care of themselves besides stevens back there too" Jim said softly " but if you want us to go back we will, your the boss" he said standing and waiting for his next word.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:52 pm

"This is not the time," Brian said quietly, walking down the corridors of the hospital. He saw Michael sitting by himself, rubbing his temples. Brian reached him and stood in front of him, still unnoticed by Michael. "Let me," Brian said softly. He reached down and put his fingertips on Michael's temples and drew off the pain. He felt Michael's nerves were tighter than rubber bands. He added a touch of a calming spell for him.

"Michael," Brian said. "It won't do you any good to stay any more today. You can't see her anymore until tomorrow."

"But I'd be here. Brian, if I'd known...."

"Michael," Brian said. "Would you like me to check on her for you?"

"Please?" Michael asked. Brian nodded. He went into the ICU unit and was there for a few moments and returned.

"By the looks of it, she's better," Brian said. "She'll still be here in the morning, if that's your fear. Come on. Kate's making chicken and noodles."

"Kate has the best chicken and noodles in the world," Michael managed a sllight smile.

"And Robert has brandy and a warm fire. I'm to take you there to be with family tonight."

"I can't. What about Otto and Faline? And I don't have anything packed and..."

"We'll get it," Brian said. He turned to Jack and Jim. "Go to Michaels. Get the dogs and bring them to Roberts. Pack one of Michael's messenger bags for him and bring it to the house. Make sure his place is locked. Anything else, Michael?"

"Black socks. They need to bring the black socks from the pantry for the dogs," Michael said.

"We'll do it," Brian said. "Let's you and I go ahead to Roberts."

"Flowers. I need to send Alette flowers."

"You've sent her two bouquets of roses already," Brian said gently.

"Have I?" he asked.

"Come on. Let's go home for a few hours," Brian said, understanding Michael was in a bit of shock. He looked at Jim and Jack, to silently order them to go to Michaels and leave Michael to him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Jack and jim nodded at Brians request and once he'd left they both ported to Michaels and as Jim got the dogs Jack got the bag and socks " ok got enough for Michael " Jack said as Jim stood with the dogs porting back to the house with them and letting them go " ok here they are ." Jack double checked the house making sure all was locked up and tight before he left with the bag over his shoulder. appearing at the farm he smiled and walked over to MIchael and held out the bag.

"There you go, if I have forgot anything just let me know and I go back to get it " he said smiling at him as he placed the bag at his feet.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Brian took Michael to Kate and Robert's. When they arrived, she sensed he was not himself. She wanted to just stay out of his way but he looked lost. Kate elbowed Khaat and Khaat took a step towards him. Michael reached out to her and she went to him. He folded her into his arms in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry," she told him.

"Me too," he said softly. "I should have known. She never did face the fact that she just couldn't do it anymore."

"We'll do what we can," she told him. "You know we will."

"We'll be okay," Michael said. "I'll get her home, and she'll be fine."

"Michael," Kate said. "Are you sure you want to take her to your house?" Kate fed the dogs for him and petted them. Once they were fed, they began to run races through the huge house. Kate nodded towards Jim and Jack in thanks for bringing the dogs and his bags.

"Yes," Michael said. "I am. She belongs at home with me."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Jack smiled and so did Jim to show it was ok and they were happy to do it . " everything is locked up Michael " Jack told him as he poured some coffee for himself then sat down by the main door Jim sat back down to read his book again noting the exchange between Khaat and Michael Jim noted Michaels words. " she'll be well looked after then" he said smiling at Michael. Jack rolled his eyes and chuckled.

" hes hinting you two have a romance going on" he said and shook his head " jim that's there business " Jim shrugged and opened his book
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:50 pm

"Alette was a long time ago," Kate said, hoping to short cut them from gossiping about Alette in front of Michael. Kate thought that was a bit uncalled for right now. Michael had more on his mind than whether or not someone wanted answers about whether he and Alette were still an item.

Michael kissed Khaat's forehead. "I think I'll go get a quick shower while I can and then go thank your father. Alright?" he asked. She nodded.

"Dinner in an hour, Michael," Kate said.

"Thank you, Kate," Michael replied. "The brandy is in the same place?"

"As always," she smiled. He picked up his bag and headed for one of the rooms to freshen up.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Jack smiled " see " he said to jim who nodded and breathed out.

" ok " he said and continued to read his book Jack looked to Kate " is there anything you need me to do as I know jess will kneed me to help with the kids to get them to sleep alex likes me to read him a story " he said and stood up to face her hoping she would understand " once there sleeping I'll come right back " he said Jim raised an eye brow but said nothing.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 100 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top