Marriage is Murder - Page 92
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 92 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 92 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 92 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 am

"Do as Lee suggests," Robert said to Michael and Brian. "Take the suite above the infirmary." Robert walked over to her and drew the scarf away a bit from her face. His gesture so frightened her that she drew her battered hands out of the pocket of the hoodie and gripped tightly to the scarf, her hands shaking violently.

"Shh," he soothed softly, "its me. Calm yourself. You're safe." Her hands clutched tightly to his.

"Let me," Brian said very softly. He reached out to her and merely touched her forehead, increasing the sedative for her. She became so heavy and sleepy that her hands fell from their grip on her father. Brian put her hands back in the pockets of the hoodie for her as she slipped back into a light sleep.

"She's going to be alright," Robert reassured. "Give her a bit. Remember, this has only been a couple of hours for her. Get her settled and then increase the spell a bit. Let her sleep."

"I intend to," Brian replied. He and Michael took Khaat upstairs to the master suite Lee had suggested in order to get her settled.

"Robert," Kate said, after Brian had taken Khaat upstairs to bed. "Are you being honest with us? Will she really be able to cope with this?"

"Certainly!" Robert said firmly. "Not a doubt in my mind. Right now, she needs good care and rest. Give her a bit. You'll see. I give you my word."

"Then I suggest the rest of us find our rooms and take a few moments to unpack and find our way around," Edward said. "If we're going to protect her, we'd better understand not only the layout of the house but all those secret passageways."

"Agreed," Robert said. "Let's meet back in the drawing room down here in, perhaps, 30 minutes?"

"Fine," Edward said, heading upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Jess and Cassidy moved to stand by the main doors looking out over the land Jack and Steven took the back of the house while Jim wandered around it checking every door and room. He paused at the master suit watching as Brian and Michael made Khaat comfortable and he sighed shaking his head gently. "Every where's double checked and secure. " He told Brian and Michael. Jack sniffed the air and smelt nothing but the salty sea air it was a change from the town like smell or the country he was use to. Jess still kept her hand on her wand she watched each person memorizing there faces as they passed her by.

Cassidy looked at Kate and the men and woman in the room she wanted to ask if Khaat would be okay but her professionalism took over and she stayed quiet and at her post.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Once Michael had helped Brian get Khaat into their room and into bed, he went to find himself a room. He took the first room to the right of Khaat's suite. He intended to remain close if Robert were going to be at the other end of the building. He saw the bedroom door across from his was open, and he recognized Edward's footsteps. Edward had had the same idea. Michael was glad. If there were going to be a werewolf hunting Khaat, then it made sense to put the werewolf hunter next to her.

Edward met Michael in the hallway after they were moved into their rooms. "How did she handle the move?" Edward asked.

"She's terrified," Michael said. "Brian sedated her. She's out like a light. I'm not sure whether she's more terrified of the werewolf, or terrified of the move or of the fight she knows is coming, or if she's far more terrified of us seeing all the ugliness he did to her. All the bruises. And, here's the thing she clearly knows. These bruises are only a couple of hours old. She's almost unrecognizeable now. Bruises are at their worst in 24 to 48 hours. She is not going to want us to see her at all. Period."

"Perhaps then somehow we need to get that overwith so that we can remove that for her. Once she sees we don't react anymore to her, she may relax a bit around us," Edward said. "Perhaps we need to visit with her while she sleeps so that she is not aware that we've been there. That will save her the trauma of having to watch or listen to our reactions."

"Perhaps we should suggest that to the others," Michael said. "I'll go ask Brian and then come down to meet with the others. Our 30 minutes is almost up anyway."

"It certainly is," Edward said. "I'll go to the drawing room to meet up with the others." He headed downstairs and Michael went back in to talk to Brian about letting the others see Khaat before she woke to reduce her fear of them.

Edward arrived in the drawing room as one of the women aurors brought in a tea cart with tea an coffee and pastries and cookies for them.

"Tea?" she offered.

"Yes, please," Edward said. "But I can serve myself."

"Its my pleasure," she said, pouring him tea.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Jack Jess and Cassidy headed for the drawing room Steven and Jim followed soon after knowing at the look on Robert and Brian's face the talk that was to come was important to every one and every one was ready for it. "We know Khaat's bad and each one of us is ready." He told them both . Jess knew what to expect working at St Mongo's she had seen hr share of beaten people but she also knew this was different , this was her friend who was in such a state she had to be covered just to be moved.

Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Edward took his cup of tea from the auror who was there as the others arrived, including Lee, Robert, and Kate. Edward knew Brian wasn't going to be leaving Khaat alone. And frankly, Edward didn't want her alone.

"I appreciate that," Robert said to them. "I'm quite sure Brian won't be coming downstairs. But that wont' stop me for speaking for him. Where's Michael?"

"He's up with Brian for a moment," Edward said. "Robert, Michael believes that part of her fear is if we see how badly she's beaten."

"It is," Robert said. "I have to tell you. I've seen a lot of victims through the years. But this is one of the worst and I think she has some sense of that. She's still largely in shock, but even with as much as you've all seen, none of you are prepared for this. Very few people ever take a beating from a halfgiant and live. But a half giant werewolf, even not transformed is almost an unknown for us. I don't know how she's still alive. This is hideous. And she's ashamed. The shame is all too normal for what she's dealt with."

"Brian does agree with us, though," Michael said, coming in. "Has anyone tended him for his wounds from tangling with that brute?"

"I did," Robert. "He wasn't very cooperative, but I did treat him. His hands are going to be black and blue, and probably part of his face and a few other places but he fully intended on killing him. Jack kept that monster from killing Brian, but I think Brian stopped caring what the hell he looked like about a decade ago. What is it that he agrees with?"

"He thinks we should see her while she's asleep so that when she's able to wake up, she doesnt' have to cross that obstacle of being afraid of us."

"Well, it certainly would lessen the fear, but it won't lessen the shame, I'm afraid," Robert said. "She still will have to face you all. But it would make it easier. The tough part might actually be for you all in seeing her and what she's deliberately hid from you. I will have to use magical surgical repair to restore some of that beauty that Brian so loved in her. And I will. But it just can't happen today. When I finish with her, she wont' look like she was ever touched. But that's not who you'll see today."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Jack stepped forward " I think I speak for all here when I say we're not worried and were prepared " he said every one nodded they agreed. " she's our Khaat nothing changes that " he said moving back to hold Jess's hand in his own. Steven looked at Michael and Robert as he folded his arms across is chest not saying anything.

" I think we have all see our fare share but if its as bad as your telling us we won't be shocked Robert , we are all just glad she is alive, Brian too" he said.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:53 pm

"Alright," Robert said. "Then we'll go see her while she's asleep. If she starts to wake, you should leave before she is awake enough to realize you're all there. Hopefully, I can get her to consider leaving her room for a bit tomorrow if she's well enough. Her injuries are entirely too much for her right now. She has a lot of wounds, and especially on her face and her hands and forearms from trying to protect herself. The wounds to her face and hands are disfiguring. If she were muggle, she's been hideously scarred for life. But since she's not, she does have a great chance of recovery.

"I think this may shift all your attitudes a bit on what we need to do here," Robert said quietly. He stopped for a moment to let them think. "Its shifted mine just a bit. I will do whatever I need to do to protect her. Minister or not. I will protect her. So you all know. That's where I stand."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:08 pm

all the others looked at Robert " Robert we all know what needs to be done , we knew from the day that monster entered the compound and attacked Khaat " he said and all of them stood facing Robert each there face serious and stern all knowing what there job was. Jess stepped forward with Jack.

" I'll go first with Jack " she said " I have seen similar at the hospital " she told them and lead Jack up the stairs. opening the door she saw Brian and placed her hand on his shoulder lightly giving him some of her energy so he could keep going . looking at Khaat she sighed and held Jacks hand tight feeling his anger growing inside him. " if you need us we'll be ready Brian " she told him gently " she'll be ok , she's got the best care" after checking he was ok they both left pausing in the hall way to take a deep breath before moving back down stairs.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Brian was dedicated to standing strong with her. When they went in, he stayed ready to support them through what he knew would be difficult. He knew it didn't look like the woman she'd been earlier that morning, but he could still see it was her. And he was staying. He watched them come in and see her.

"I appreciate it," Brian said to Jess. "Let's be honest. He'll be coming for her. As soon as he patches his wounds. He'll be back. I will not leave her. No matter what. You all know that if something happens to both her and I in this, we have already made arrangements for the kids and all the property..."

"Stop talking death," Edward said in the doorway. "Nobody is dying today. Not from this house. Brian, take the time you need to recharge yourself while she's asleep. She's going to need you when she's awake."

"Where would I go?" Brian sighed. "My life is here. With her."

"Go get yourself something to eat," Edward said. "Get some coffee. Let us help for now."

"I would enjoy some coffee," he confessed.

"Put a bit of food with it. If a battle comes, you want to be as ready as you can be," Edward said. Brian wasn't ready to leave her. He sat back down in the bedroom.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Jess walked back in with Michael and listened to Brian " Brian shes not dead nor are you and we won't let that happen " she told him pausing to let Michael speak again she nodded "Do it, you need a break your energy is low " she said softly as she moved over to him " Brian we're here to stand by yours and her side let us she means as much to us as she does to you " Jack stood in the doorway out of the room knowing that if Khaat woke he could leave quickly so she would not be embarrassed at his presence in the room.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 92 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top