Marriage is Murder - Page 91
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 91 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 91 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 91 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:47 am

Edward went upstairs and found Brian well into the bottle of firewhiskey. Khaat had slipped into a doze.

"I thought you had a handle on this," Edward said softly.

"I had to sedate her," Brian said looking into his glass.

"Does that surprise you?"

"No."

"Go pack a bag for the two of you," he told him gently but with iron firmness. That made Brian look up at him. "Robert has a plan. He did tell you, I believe."

"Somewhat. Where are we going?"

"To the States. Lee has a place. Plan for autumn weather."

"Oh good. So we can destroy the states," Brian said, putting the end of the bottle in his glass.

"No," Edward said. "So we can save your wife's life."

"I tried to prepare her. She doesn't want to go," Brian said. "She came completely apart. I had no choice..."

"Son," Edward said. "You can't listen to that right now. She's not able to think clearly...."

"But that's the point. She made sense."

"No, she couldn't have. Just because you understood her doesnt mean she made sense. Would you prefer I just use a pack spell?"

"No," Brian said, staggering to his feet, more intoxicated than sober. "I know what she'll want. I'll do it." He headed to her large closet. "I should have finished him, Edward. I screwed up."

"And when was the last time you tried to kill a half giant werewolf with your bare hands and survived?" Edward asked. Brian looked at him.

"He was big," Brian admitted.

"You didnt realize? He's a werewolf but he's also half giant. You weren't going to kill him that easily. You were lucky you werent killed before your staff got there to help. He could have simply torn you apart. Go pack now."

"I don't know how to move her," Brian said softly. "She's so fragile."

"We've got that."

"And our kids..."

"We've got that too."

"And Archangel..."

"He's coming with us. Go pack." Edward had been gentle but persistant. He could see that not only was Brian partly in shock himself but he was also feeling a huge amount of firewhiskey. Edward believed the boy needed the rest of them to just shelter him and Khaat for awhile to let them recover. Edward turned and went downstairs. Michael had accio'd his bag and was setting it on the floor when Edward returned.

"He's concerned about moving Khaat," Edward said. "He told her we were looking at going into hiding, and he said she came apart. He said he had to sedate her. She was asleep when I went up. He doesn't know how we're going to move her."

"I'm going to do it," Robert said. "I'm going to carry her. Either myself or Michael. We'll leave her under sedation. She knows she's battered enough that you all may either not recognize her or be completely repulsed by her. I don't know that you've ever seen her this battered. If it were different circumstances, she'd be in St. Mungos."

"You don't think it will change how we feel about her, surely. You're not stupid."

"No. I'm not. And I dont' think that. But, i would rather you get past that shock and horror while she's asleep enough that she' doesn't see or hear what she might well see as rejection of her. I want you to all have a chance to get past what you'll see before she wakes up. And I want to get her safe. Then we'll let her wake up. Hopefully Lee isn't putting us in a cave someplace."

"A cave?" Lee frowned, coming in from the kitchen. "Hardly. I could arrange it if you want, but that's liable to just be plain damned cold"

"Uh, thank you, no. I'm not into cave dwellings," Michael said. "A little heat, a little indoor plumbing, a little decent food and some good books...No bloody likely in a cave."

"Ok. A glamorous cave, then," Lee teased.

"No," Michael scowled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Jack and Steven listened and both sighed they both hates Brian being this way built the knew it was for his own good and Khaat's that he be. Jess returned and Cassidy followed soon after several suit cases floated down behind her and stacked by the front door . " all done the kids are sleeping right now so I don't know if you want to do this tonight or tomorrow when there awake ether way there packed and ready Jess and I will accompany them there, then return, if that's all right with you Robert?" she asked as she looked to Michael as well as she waited.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 pm

"Take them now, please," Robert said to Cassidy and Jess. "Oh, and here." He handed Jess a stack of legal papers folded in thirds. "Legal forms giving Jeffrey permission to care for them in case of illness and injury. I have forms completed for my grandchildren, and there are extras there if you want to add forms for your kids as well. I don't want his hands tied from helping them if necessary and if we can't be reached."

"Thank you for thinking of that," Kate said. "You know Khaat isn't going to want the kids in the hands of strangers."

"I know. And if you think about it, Jess or Cassidy, please contact Fi and Kieran. Ask them to go join the kids for a few days just so they have a friendly face. We'll be going to the states as soon as the kids are delivered safely to Jeffrey. Within the hour." He looked at Edward. "How's Brian doing with the idea of packing and going for a few days?"

"Better than I expected. His thoughts are wrapped entirey around how she is going to respond," Edward said.

"Thats what he's going to do. He always handles the situation at hand first and deals with his own thoughts and feelings after the pressure is off," Robert said.

"Then I take it I should provide you an ample supply of alcohol," Lee said

"Yes please," Robert said. "And all the other wizarding basics."

"Consider it done. I'll be staying with you. Me and 3 of my top aurors inside, and a full crew of aurors outside. You can let me know the rest of your amenities that you need once you see it," Lee said. "Wear a jacket in the porting. Its cold there, and its still early morning their time. You'll need a bit more warmth. So will Khaat."

"One of us will tell Brian," Robert said. "Kate, are we packed?"

"Yes," Kate replied. "Except your paperwork from the hospital and the ministry."

"I'll go put that together. One of you go see if Brian is doing alright in getting himself and Khaat ready. Oh, and Jess and Cassidy, do take Mo and Max with you to Jeffrey. Khaat will want her cats protected. Archangel will come with us."

"I'll cage him for the porting," Edward said.

"Thank you," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Cassidy looked at Robert and nodded when he spoke of Fiona and keiran " all ready did, I took the liberty earlier. "She said and headed back up with Jess returning with several sleeping children in their arms and several nannies each carrying a sleeping child Jess took the paper work and placed it in a pouch closing it she hung it over her shoulder as he held Alex and Abby one on each arm. Jack picked up the cases and looked at Robert.

" I'll be right back " he told them porting to Jeffery's placing down the bags he kissed Jess and then each child " I will be back for them Jeffery" he said softly then ported back and stood in front of Robert his eyes showing he was ready for the battle that was to come. Jim nodded and Steven looked at Robert.

" I believe, we're all behind you and Brian, Robert. " he said and stood with Jack.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:02 am

Michael went upstairs to find that Brian had indeed packed for him and for Khaat. He had her awake and had gotten her up. He had helped her dress in a pair of navy blue drawstring sweatpants and one of his plain white t shirts and one of his plain gray hoodie sweatshirts and a pair of slip on canvas shoes. She didn't want anyone looking at her, so he'd given her a pair of huge, oversizes sunglasses and purposely darkened the lenses so that n one woud see her. He had taken the time to comb out her wet hair and he used a spell to dry it and pin it up out of her way and then pulled up the hood of the sweatshirt over her head. As a last way of hiding her, he took a black shawl and draped it like a winter scarf covering her nose and mouth so that her face was almost totally unseen. She shoved her battered hands into the pocket on the front of the pullover hoodie.

She couldn't stand on her own. Brian had packed a medical bag and a bag for their clothes. To Michael's surprise, Brian let him pass to go to her.

"Did he tell you?" Michael asked her softly. She just nodded. "I know you need help. May I?" There was a pause--a long pause. And then she slowly nodded just once. Michael's voice was slow and very calm, and he explained even the slightest movement. He picked her up. Brian went over to her.

"I'll be with you every single second," he said softy. "I swear. If you're not okay, you let me know." She nodded again once. He picked up their bags.

"If we're going to do this, lets go now," Brian said.

"Let's go," Michael said. He carried Khaat downstairs with Brian walking right beside her at every step.

"If we're doing this, we need to go now," Brian told robert quietly when he got to the living room.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:12 am

Jack , Steven and Jim stood waiting all making no sound or acknowledgement of her condition as Michael brought her down if anything it made them all realize they had a job to do and that was to protect Khaat. " we're ready Robert all of us" Jack said " Michael if you need a hand let me know " he told him his face unmoved by how Khaat was dressed and by what he knew was behind it all. Steven gathered the bags just as Jess and Cassidy returned Jess now transfigured her clothes to her black work clothes as did Cassidy into the leather trousers and long jacket.

" he wants trouble he found it , don't mess with mothers" Jess said her hair up in a bun and her hand resting at her side where her wand sat in its holder, she looked for all intense purposes ready for the fight.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:24 am

"Then let's go," Lee said. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a handful of just plain old ordinary poker chips. He showed them the red plastic chips. "These are your portkeys," he told them. "These are activated initially by my command. You will take one in your hand, for those of you who are porting, and make sure whoever is porting with you has a firm hold. When you're ready, I'll give the release command for the portkeys to take you to the safehouse. You will be taken into the foyer of the house. My staff are waiting there to receive you. Are we clear?"

"Yes," Robert said as Kate took his arm. Lee passed out the poker chips to those who were porting. Angus and Edward decided to port together and to take Archangel, and Michael and Brian were porting together to make sure Khaat got there.

When they were all organized, Lee gave the release spell for the portkey chips in a strong voice. Things blurred with the force of Lee's powerful portspell.

When they landed, Michael and Brian saw they were amonst the others who were all arriving in the foyer of a very large victorian style mansion. There were 7 aurors there to meet them, all dressed in black suits, wearing white shirts and black ties, and black shoes, even the women. Lee's aurors were standing in a formal line, in a semi formal stance, ready to receive their new protection clients.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:36 am

Jess and Cassidy took one between them Jack and Steven and Jim on his own all ready for the fight watched and felt the pull once Robert gave the command. finally once the world stopped and came back in focus they all saw and old type mansion and several men and women waiting to greet them all moved closer to surround Khaat in a protective circle.

" no offense Lee , its just more than our jobs worth " he said and the others scanned each one's face before looking to Robert and standing to one side.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:55 am

"No problem," Lee said. "Its what we expect of you. We're your hosts and we're your backup. This is still Robert's to direct. Now. Let's take a look at the house, shall we? Straight ahead is the drawing room. Past guests have used this as the main living room area. Its pretty old school--wood paneling, red velvet, fireplace, books, that sort of thing. Down the hallway to your left is an office, a potions lab, an infirmary, and a large conservatory. There is a charm on the conservatory to make it appear from the outside as if it is in disrepair with nothing but dead plants. You will find that nothing could be farther from the truth.

"Down the right hallway is the kitchen, the main dining room and the morning room. There is also a sitting room. That is done in styles and colors that women seem to favor. There is a library, a games room--that tends to be where the men gather because there is a large billiards table, a large wood bar with a marble top with some really great beer on tap, an a walk-in humidor with some excellent cigars.

"Downstairs there are several small bathrooms, but the full bathrooms are upstairs attached to the bedrooms. The bedrooms are all equipped as master suites. There are very few differences from one to another. The color schemes are different, but they're all done with antiques and fine fabrics. At each end of the hallway are the two suites that are technically called the master suites. they have the same amenities as the other rooms, but they have additional protection spells, they are a bit larger, and they have two sitting rooms. One for the guests themselves and one that are usually used by bodyguards to stay closer to the protection targets in order to give them a sense of privacy while the guards stay just a few feet away. I suggest you let Khaat and Brian have perhaps the one that is at the far left end so that it is right above the infirmary and the potions lab. Robert and Kate, you may want to take the other at the far right end if your guards will agree to space one group close to each master suite. And, in between you will be myself and my aurors. There will not be empty rooms. There are loads of secret passages throughout the house in order to help get to the master suites to help insure protection.

"Oh, and by the way, you'll notice there is a third floor. That will interest your group in particular. It is a full gym with a pool and a spa. Magic is a wonderful thing.

"One last note, the woods on the back side of the house only goes so far. I do not recommend going out at night or being foolish in the woods. If you do, you shall fall over the cliffs to your death on the rocks below. It is quite trecherous. There are ghosts in the house. Victorian spirits of the original owners of the house. There was a great deal of tragedy for them because of those rocky cliffs. The ghosts are harmless. Most of them are benevolent, helpful spirits.

"I will show you around the grounds in the morning. For now, you should just get settled in. My staff is fully prepared to do the cooking and maid services for you unless you prefer to do those things for yourselves. Do you think you want to find your way on your own, or shall I show you?"

"I think I'm fairly self sufficient," Robert said.

"I think I can manage with Khaat," Michael said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:01 am

Jack ,Jess and Cassidy all stayed with Khaat while Steven and Jim walked around the house both checking it out and knowing every one not doing so would later on. Jess looked at Michael and Robert " I'll stay with you for now " she told them as Jack picked up the bags to carry to the rooms.

" I'll get the bags in the rooms" he said going on head finding each room easily enough he checked it out and placed the bags at the foot of the beds respectively before heading to the spare rooms and placing there bags down, he'd noted Jim only had one duffle bag and so did Steven though he expected that of them.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 91 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top