Marriage is Murder
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 1 of 100 1, 2, 3 ... 50 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:03 pm

"Oh definitely," Angus laughed. "You haven't seen anything yet. None of you have trained with him. Training always starts at 4 am."

"Be there with your eyes open," Edward said. He looked at Khaat. "You gonna come, Halfpint?"

"Would it help?"

"Oh yes," he said. "Definitely. I want you there. I want you there with me. I want you to feel prepared."

"Then I'll be there," she said.

"Then we do need a good night's sleep," Brian said.

"I'll send for dessert. I think having it in front of the fire would be a good thing," Edward said. He sent for dessert, and they served the cannolis, fresh fruit, and espresso to them all.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Jim chuckled and Jack groaned but both knew it was a good thing that they trained early to be ready for the fight to come. Jacks eyes lit up on the mention of desert and Jim chuckled " down boy its just desert, and I think Jess would not be happy if you come back like an over weight dog " he said Jack thought for a moment and then sighed nodding as he sat back.

" one won't hurt " he said and smiled at Jim who chuckled as he lay back on the warm sand and shook his head as desert was brought down the canola and fresh fruit was served to them " wonderful " he said and raised his fork to Michael heaven on a plate Michael.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:36 pm

The dessert was fabulous, and Khaat didnt know which she liked better--the cannoli or the fresh fruit that Edward had served. It was just the lovely final kiss to a wonderful evening. She loved the peace here. It felt like just a wonderful reminder of what those things were that she loved about Tuscany. It wasn't entirely gone. It had just been interrupted. It was still there. It brought tears to her eyes but she refused to cry. Edward put his arm around her, feeling the strong emotion from her. He kissed her temple.

"You can come here any time, even if its just long enough for a cup of tea with me, my darling," he said softly. She nodded.

Brian noticed an unusual bond developing between her and Edward that Brian did not understand. He wanted to understand it. But for now, he was letting it ride. He finished his dessert and the espresso.

"This was great, Edward," Brian said.

"You're all always welcome," Edward said. "But we really should be going. If you give me just a few minutes, I'll gather my things and I'll be ready to go with you."

"Take your time," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Jim and Jack felt full and tired from the food they had eaten and now lay on the beach waiting for Edward and any one else who was coming back to the hotel with them. Jack brushed sand from his trousers and tipped it from his shoes as he sat . Jim didn't care about the sand he was just glad to see Khaat happy again.

"Stop worrying Brian, " he said " be glad she's almost back to her self again," he said and looked at him " you and her have a bond nothing can break , your married " he saw Jack and chuckled sands not going to stop getting in, might as well wait until you back in the hotel" Jack sighed and nodded placing his shoe back on as they both waited for Edward.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Edward went back up to the house and packed a bag and was only gone a few minutes. He returnd to them as they were all getting up off the sand and brushing the sand off their clothes. "Ready?" Edward asked, taking Enzo's leash.

"We are," Brian said. He put his arm around her waist. "You feel okay to go back?" he asked, not ready for a repeat performance of having her faint.

"Yes. I"m fine," she told him.

"Then we'll meet you at the hotel," Brian said, taking Khaat and apparating back to the hotel.

"Let's go, Boys," Michael said, offering to apparate anyone back to the hotel who wanted to go with him.

Brian was relieved Khaat didn't faint when they got back. She went to change into her nightgown and robe. She chose her favorite white silk chemise with the matching handpainted robe. He thought she still looked tense. He made her a mixed drink with the amaretto, some orange juice, some cranberry juice and some crushed ice. In fact, it looked so good, he made a pitcher of them and poured one for himself.

"Here," he said, "You look like you could use a nightcap."

"Thank you," she said.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Thank you for letting Edward come," she said softly. "It means a lot."

"My pleasure," he kissed her slowly. "Anything you want. You know that."

"I know," she smiled. "Now, let me get to work."

"Work?" he frowned.

"I have a letter I have to write tonight. Don't you have something you need to do?"

"Always," he laughed. She went to the desk and got out hotel stationary, an envelope, and a pen, and transfigured a magazine into a clipboard and curled up on the sofa to write her letter, putting her drink beside her.

Edward and Michael and Angus apparated into their quarters and put their things away before going over to Khaat and Brian's room. They found the pitcher of amaretto cosmopolitans Brian had made and helped themselves to one.

"You'd have made a fine bartender, you know," Edward said.

"Learned it from Robert," Brian laughed.

"Ah well, that explains it. The man does know some of the finer things in life," Edward said, producing a dog biscuit from his pocket and resizing it to a biscuit the size of a cow's shin bone. Brian laughed out loud at seeing the enormous dog biscuit. Enzo was beside himself with excitement as Edward gave it to him. Enzo began gnawing happily on his treat.

"You're spoiling him rotten," Brian said.

"And loving every moment of it," Edward laughed. "He's a great dog."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Jack and Jim both ported back to the hotel and Jack quickly went for a shower to rid him of the sand that had accumulated in places it shouldn't . Jim pored a glass and sat down next to the chess set he moved pieces hoping some one would think of giving him a game, if not he would head to bed and sleep since they all had an early morning , he could not help chuckle at the size of the chew Enzo had but he also knew he deserved it from the job he'd done for them.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:28 pm

"So Michael tells me you're sharpening your game," Edward said to Jim. "Perhaps you ought to sharpen your skills on the Minister's daughter. Khaat!" He callled her deliberately.

"Yes?" she looked up from her letter writing.

"Do put that down and come see if you can school Mr. Cummings in a proper game of wizard's chess," he told her. She clearly had her focus on her letter. "That will keep," he told her firmly. "Do put it away." She flicked her fingers and sent the unfinished letter into the desk drawer and locked it with a magical charm. Edward smiled slightly. It accomplished what he wanted. He wanted her off the letter. She got up and took her drink and went over to the chess board.

"Do see if you can teach him how to play a stronger game, would you, my dear?" he stroked her hair as he stepped away from the table. He settled into a nearby chair with his own drink, deciding to watch the game unfold.

"White or black?" she asked Jim.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:40 pm

Jim looked at Edward and then at Khaat smiling a little " yes but I would be beaten in five moves" he said watching her put the letter away and walk over " um black " he said and turned the board so black sat in front of him. He had seen the letter head for the draw and knew she had locked it he didn't say anything about it but was worried why she was writing a letter and being so secretive abut it even to Brian. Hie moved his piece and smiled " your move" he said to Khaat.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Khaat was not about to treat a student of the game in the same way she would play against her father. She chose a very standard opening move and slid her piece into place.

With Khaat's back to the desk, Brian saw Michael had his curiosity raised about the letter. He went to the desk, and Brian intercepted him, silently putting his hand on the drawer to tell Michael to leave the letter be. Brian respected her privacy. He was going to let her finish it. Edward did seem to have it in hand, so he intended to leave it alone. He glanced up at Edward and saw the barest nod of agreement from Edward in leaving the letter alone for now. Michael hesitated and then walked away, picking up the newspaper and sitting down to read it.

Brian was about to settle in and watch the gondolas on the canal, when a large envelope fluttered in through the floo. Brian picked it up and saw it was addressed to Khaat and to him, in Kate's elegant script. He opened the envelope and saw that Kate had sent some drawings done in crayon by each of their children, in bright vibrant colors. Kate had sent wizarding photos of the kids. Pictures of them coloring the drawings they'd sent, pictures of them having chocolate cake and getting it all over their faces, and pictures of them playing in a new sandbox she and Robert had bought for them. Brian sat, looking at each picture and each drawing over and over. He missed the kids dreadfully, and seeing their little faces made him smile. Then he remembered. Khaat had asked to just go see their faces tonight while they slept. To see them again before battle tomorrow. Brian fully believed it would go well, but he knew how uncertain battles could be, and so did she. And if she wanted to see them tonight, then so be it. He would take her in the middle of the night to go see them so that the kids would be in so deep a sleep they would not know they had even been there at all.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Jim saw her move and moved his second piece he glanced over to Brian seeing he had everything in hand he continued to think of his next move and sip his drink. He caught the look Edward gave Brian and Michael and ignored it knowing they had it under control seeing another envelope come threw the floo to Brian he smiled. " want us to stop for a bit ?" he asked looking at Brian and Khaat both. He took a second sip of his drink and sat back in his chair.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 100 1, 2, 3 ... 50 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top